HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
06-12-2011, 04:47 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
I was referring to him staying another year at BC. Him not signing with the Rangers is complete speculation like you said.
Gotcha.

Someone should ask him on twitter if he wants to be a Ranger....

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:49 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Life choices in what sense? Ditching the team that drafted you in a momentous time in your life? The team that initiated the start of what may be your career?

Beggars can't be choosers. However, this is all speculation it seems.
why is this considered ditching your team? Did Stepan and McD "ditch" the team when they went for their junior year? Did Stepan and McD "ditch" the team that following summer when they said they planned to return for their senior season (even though they eventually signed)? I'm literally disgusted by all this ill-willed hate for Kreider. and based on some the speculation from other posters even.

And doesn't him going to summer school sound like he's planning to leave after this season too? summer school this summer. + summer school next summer could lead to early graduation for him. If I'm seriously considering staying four years, what do I need summer school for? That selfish Kreider! Doesn't he know he's hurting his summer fun?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I wouldn't think twice about including Kreider in a package for an elite player. Wouldn't think twice about it. Leslie's article has so far echoed all the concerns I've had for Kreider for awhile now.
concerns entirely based on zero facts. can we have this conversation next summer?

Old
06-12-2011, 04:51 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
If they have any hint that he doesn't want to be a ranger, dump him. I don't want guys on this team that don't want to be here and it's not worth taking a risk like that.
Agreed. But I don't really get that sense from Kreider...yet anyway.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:54 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
why is this considered ditching your team? Did Stepan and McD "ditch" the team when they went for their junior year? Did Stepan and McD "ditch" the team that following summer when they said they planned to return for their senior season (even though they eventually signed)? I'm literally disgusted by all this ill-willed hate for Kreider. and based on some the speculation from other posters even.

And doesn't him going to summer school sound like he's planning to leave after this season too? summer school this summer. + summer school next summer could lead to early graduation for him. If I'm seriously considering staying four years, what do I need summer school for? That selfish Kreider! Doesn't he know he's hurting his summer fun?
I'm not sure if you can read or not but I'm not talking about them going to school...

Im referring to the 'speculation' that he may not want to be a Ranger.

It would really help if more people read before they posted.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:56 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I'm not sure if you can read or not but I'm not talking about them going to school...

What is the basis for this 'speculation'?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:56 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
concerns entirely based on zero facts. can we have this conversation next summer?
Sorry but I've had this feeling for awhile now.

Now leslies article voicing similar concerns and I think we can all agree she's pretty with it.

I want him to be a Ranger, but I question his dedication to even wanting to be a pro hockey player at this point.

If the RIGHT deal came along, I wouldn't consider adding Kreider a deal breaker. **** like this would spread around the league like wildfire and all of the sudden we're Calgary to Kreiders Tim Erixon.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:59 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

This thread has become a ****ing joke. The same garbage was said about McDonagh last year at this time. He doesn't want to be a Ranger or move to the east coast having lived in the mid-western part of the US his entire life. He wants to play for the Wild. He was going to use his performance at the Rangers prospects camp to increase his value as a free agent in August 2011. Good one

Kreider doesn't feel he is ready for the NHL. He has said he needs another year at BC. He is going to summer school to graduate earlier. McDonagh and Stepan are reportedly attending summer school at Wisconsin to finish up school.

Blake Wheeler tried to call his own shot and ended up in Winnipeg.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
I get that a lot of people are overreacting now and all of a sudden it's gone from Kreider being pencilled into top 6 LW to "TRADE KREIDER" but you have to admit that this is worrisome and a bad choice for his development as a pro hockey player. I agree that it's his life and he has every right to make the decision to go back to college for another year or even two more. But, as an organization, you have to manage your assets. What I mean is that if Sather is feeling the same doubts that some of us are (and I'm sure Sather has spoken to Kreider personally and has a much better idea of what his overall plans are) then moving him THIS year may be better for the organization than waiting until next year when it potentially comes out that Kreider does not want to play for the Rangers. If it gets to that point, the Rangers then have absolutely no leverage in a trade and are dealing from a position of great weakness. If Sather feels that may be the case, then packaging Kreider now as a great young prospect with a roster player or two and a pick to get a top-6 forward may be a better move for the organization than to wait and risk losing him for next to nothing, or absolutely nothing after 4 years.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:00 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

And I found it interesting that the organization was also bothered by the "go b's" tweet as well

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:04 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
a month ago, Kreider was considered near untouchable by most posters and now he's chop liver? OK, it's one poster but I sense more people are turning coat on him. Yes, Kreider for an elite center is a no brainer but I get the feeling you'd take a 2nd line center for Kreider at this point. Bi-polar at its best.
I was never the biggest fan of Kreider. Top HS player who goes to the NCAA. Now after two yrs he doesn't want to leave at 20 yrs old. If we can get something good now, do it. We need a center. 2nd line center? Depends who it is. Near top center prospect? Probably.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Life choices in what sense? Ditching the team that drafted you in a momentous time in your life? The team that initiated the start of what may be your career?

Beggars can't be choosers. However, this is all speculation it seems.
come off your horse there. It's nowhere in your post. Yeah I read the one before that one too. It would really help if more people would post what they mean instead of really on mind-reading for internet conversations. Your response was because you misunderstood Purple McIlrath's statement. My response is because you are accusing Kreider of ditching on our team in response to Purple's statement about life choices.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I get that a lot of people are overreacting now and all of a sudden it's gone from Kreider being pencilled into top 6 LW to "TRADE KREIDER" but you have to admit that this is worrisome and a bad choice for his development as a pro hockey player. I agree that it's his life and he has every right to make the decision to go back to college for another year or even two more. But, as an organization, you have to manage your assets. What I mean is that if Sather is feeling the same doubts that some of us are (and I'm sure Sather has spoken to Kreider personally and has a much better idea of what his overall plans are) then moving him THIS year may be better for the organization than waiting until next year when it potentially comes out that Kreider does not want to play for the Rangers. If it gets to that point, the Rangers then have absolutely no leverage in a trade and are dealing from a position of great weakness. If Sather feels that may be the case, then packaging Kreider now as a great young prospect with a roster player or two and a pick to get a top-6 forward may be a better move for the organization than to wait and risk losing him for next to nothing, or absolutely nothing after 4 years.
Why do we have to admit it's worrisome he's staying in school for another year? He just turned 20. If he turns pro at 21 he's not over the hill. I think it's worrisome that you're seriously considering trading him based on rumor and speculation and nary a shred of hard facts that he is in any way disinterested in becoming a Ranger.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Holy overreaction Batman!

Kid isn't even 20 yet -- he has plenty of time to play at the pro level. It's admirable that he's dedicated to his schoolwork -- he must realize that your career in the NHL could end in a snap, and he wants to have something to fall back on -- which is perfectly reasonable. He'll get a year on BC's team -- now an upperclassmen, which means more ice time -- to develop and refine his offensive skills. If he struggles this year, I become concerned -- if not, we try and get him to go pro next year.

06-12-2011, 05:06 PM
azrok22

We control Kreider's rights for two more years. There is no reason to be looking to dump him now. Allow him to return to BC like he wants with some restrained disappointment, and get down to business next year. The fact that he's taking summer classes almost definitely means that he is thinking about graduating early (ie: next summer), with the assumed intention of going pro. He will still be under our control for another year after next summer.

If he still won't sign next summer, then you absolutely must look to move him, but that is a long way away.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What is the basis for this 'speculation'?
I believe the basis is what people commonly refer to as "the internet"

Old
06-12-2011, 05:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers should never select another college or college bound player again. The fan base is too immature to handle the situation.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I'll worry when there are facts about this but him simply returning for his junior year should not concern anyone. Stepan and McD should be ample and recent enough evidence in that. It's next summer I'm concerned with. The fact that he is attending summer school suggests he is tracking early graduation so this tiny tidbit (based on fact) frankly has me more optimistic about his desires to play for us. He didn't have the season he probably wished he had so returning for another year to me is something along the lines of "unfinished business" and conquering inner demons - which is another way of saying "gaining confidence." He needs to know he can dominate at the college level before he moves on. That is my bit of speculation.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers should never select another college or college bound player again. The fan base is too immature to handle the situation.
Seriously. God forbid we pass on the next Jonathan Toews!

Old
06-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Holy overreaction Batman!

Kid isn't even 20 yet -- he has plenty of time to play at the pro level. It's admirable that he's dedicated to his schoolwork -- he must realize that your career in the NHL could end in a snap, and he wants to have something to fall back on -- which is perfectly reasonable. He'll get a year on BC's team -- now an upperclassmen, which means more ice time -- to develop and refine his offensive skills. If he struggles this year, I become concerned -- if not, we try and get him to go pro next year.

I agree with everything you said. Isn't it weird that you and I are always on the same page... People need to stop overlooking everything. Maybe he just wants an education, we still have his rights for 2 more years and like you said he isn't even 20 yet...

This upcoming year will be a real test for him though. Getting more minutes as an upperclassmen means we should see a significant raise in his point total. I look forward to signing him next off-season.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Seriously. God forbid we pass on the next Jonathan Toews!
Or Ryan Kesler...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Kershaw

It is so relieving to hear that we have his rights for 2 more years. I though he was a UFA after the end of next season. This changes a lot on my opinion of CK.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

and speaking of Hagelin, 4 years in college worked out for him. I suppose the higher your draft position, the more hysterical people get.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
It is so relieving to hear that we have his rights for 2 more years. I though he was a UFA after the end of next season. This changes a lot on my opinion of CK.
He's suddenly no longer a bust?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Ola

It's just the right move for him to stay in College; 1. He ain't ready for the NHL, we all saw it in the WCHs. 2. Going to the AHL most likely would have been the same old same old with this kid. IE, another 0,5 PPG season were he plays in a second tier role.

The kid is talented as hades but ver far from being able to run "a show" at any level. He'll get a unique chance at that next season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote