HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
God forbid people want their highly touted 1st round top prospect to play in the AHL against better competition.

Some of YOU overreact. We're not attacking the kid for going back to college. According to you guys though thinking it's not good from a hockey standpoint means we hate the kid and WAAHHHH we should let him live his life!

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:30 PM
beastly115

Kreider + 1st for Brayden Schenn? then pass on Richards and let stepan and schenn be top 2 C's for the next 10 years. kings need a winger...

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Whoa, boys. What I was trying to say is that there are advantages and disadvantages of selecting a college player. one of the disadvantages is less control over the course of action the player takes and it can be frustrating.

Am I somewhat concerned? A little. But I do have faith in the team to do the best it can to get him signed. What I was trying to say, was that it is the scouts' job to ferret how strongly he feels about Boston ahead of the draft. I thought that I had made it clear that Gordie and the boys had done a really good job since they have been running the draft. And we should see what happens over the next year.

I wrote the article in response to what I think is increasing apprehension that has little to no basis yet. I do have a little unease, but as I said its premature to come to any conclusion.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
God forbid people want their highly touted 1st round top prospect to play in the AHL against better competition.

Some of YOU overreact. We're not attacking the kid for going back to college. According to you guys though thinking it's not good from a hockey standpoint means we hate the kid and WAAHHHH we should let him live his life!
That's not it at all. I recall your post saying as a Ranger fan, you're disappointed but in the real world, you respect his decision. (or was that somebody else, idk, but watever) It's really targeted at the people who had him locked in to our top 2 lines and thought he was gonna be the next big thing and now majority on here are calling him retarded and making trade proposals...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:37 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
It's just the right move for him to stay in College; 1. He ain't ready for the NHL, we all saw it in the WCHs. 2. Going to the AHL most likely would have been the same old same old with this kid. IE, another 0,5 PPG season were he plays in a second tier role.

The kid is talented as hades but ver far from being able to run "a show" at any level. He'll get a unique chance at that next season.
agree 100% let him get a taste of dominating the competition. i highly doubt he'd be able to do it in the AHL. raw talent means we should be patient with this one.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:40 PM
MESSY11

I dont know whats the fuss about the kid does not feel that he's ready. Give him time once he leaves he knows hockey becomes a business and he is just not ready give up his youth just yet. Let him have fun and enjoy college he will never get those years back. The kids is not starving for money this aint basketballl

MESSY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:43 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

woah woah woah.... chill winston...

sure he is a highly touted prospect, but i dont see a need in getting all in a tizzy about the thought of this kid not playing for NYR. sure, im a fan of this team, and want the best team on the ice, but i, and YOU are just that. FANS. we arent the GM and some kid is giving us the runaround. we are jsut hockey fans. i give the kid kudos for wanting to stay in school and set him up for his life post-hockey. who knows what could happen. he could suffer a career ending injury during his first shift in the NHL. unlikely, i know, but tell that to Travis Roy. he can never play hockey again.

nobody will play hockey forever, and by staying in college, im guessing Kreider isnt gonna settle for opening his own pizza shop....

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
sure he is a highly touted prospect, but i dont see a need in getting all in a tizzy about the thought of this kid not playing for NYR. sure, im a fan of this team, and want the best team on the ice, but i, and YOU are just that. FANS. we arent the GM and some kid is giving us the runaround. we are jsut hockey fans. i give the kid kudos for wanting to stay in school and set him up for his life post-hockey. who knows what could happen. he could suffer a career ending injury during his first shift in the NHL. unlikely, i know, but tell that to Travis Roy. he can never play hockey again.

nobody will play hockey forever, and by staying in college, im guessing Kreider isnt gonna settle for opening his own pizza shop....
I don't understand the joke there... It's not like some 34 year old on our team with a bad knee did that

Old
06-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Gotcha.

Someone should ask him on twitter if he wants to be a Ranger....

I wouldn't be shocked to hear some of you maniacs sending him a message on Twitter. Leave the kid alone.

Speculation has now turned into a witch-hunt for no reason whatsoever.

this thread should be closed...NOW.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

If Kreider doesnt wind up signing with the Rangers, and thats baseless speculation at this point, he will have next to no trade value.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I wouldn't be shocked to hear some of you maniacs sending him a message on Twitter. Leave the kid alone.

Speculation has now turned into a witch-hunt for no reason whatsoever.

this thread should be closed...NOW.
I feel bad for the kid. He is doing what he feels best will help him in the future. Hockey isn't life to every single NHLer. Just for what you stated above, I'm going to send him a tweet right now telling him no matter what people say to you, keep a positive attitude, etc... cuz no one on here knows anything about why he wants to stay, etc...

Old
06-12-2011, 06:04 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If Kreider doesnt wind up signing with the Rangers, and thats baseless speculation at this point, he will have next to no trade value.
you mean like Tim Erixon?

Old
06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Kreider + 1st for Brayden Schenn? then pass on Richards and let stepan and schenn be top 2 C's for the next 10 years. kings need a winger...
Sign me up

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Blazephr

This is getting out of hand. There is no evidence whatsoever that the kid has no intentions of signing with NYR.

Leslie, you need to be a little more careful what you write. This fan-base is full of mental midgets. They turn on their prospects at the drop of a hat based on pure speculation. Look no further than all of the trade proposals after the article was posted. unreal.

I say again...leave the kid alone on twitter.

Last edited by Blazephr: 06-12-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
This is getting out of hand. There is no evidence whatsoever that the kid has no intentions of signing with NYR.

Leslie, you need to be a little more careful what you write. This fan-base is full of mental midgets. They turn on their prospects at the drop of a hat based on pure speculation. Look no further than all the trade proposals after the article was posted. unreal.
well i think she tried to lay it out and let people draw their own conclusions but it ended up just adding more fuel to the fire. I don't blame you though, Leslie.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Anyone else think that if Boston wins the Stanley Cup, Kreider will be satisfied having his childhood team winning the Cup and shift more of his attention to the Rangers?

Old
06-12-2011, 06:33 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I don't understand the joke there... It's not like some 34 year old on our team with a bad knee did that
oh. was my joke based in truth or something?

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:43 PM
JimmyStart*

I dunno why but I've had the feeling they're actively hunting for deals involving Ck and/or Grachev for a current legitamate top 6 guy but not because of Ck but b/c the team has that glaring hole and we have a deep prospect pool. McI, Vtank, kreider, Thomas, Grachev, Hagelin, Lindberg. That's a lot of highly rated prospect talent and if it netted us a Parise level player none of us would complain. So in that regard I have no problem witha trade

But overreacting and suggesting he needs to be traded because he said lets go b's is completely different and stupid. I'd like to say we all know that but apparently there are a few who just don't get it whatsoever. Insanity. Kid has 2 whole seasons he can play before he has to sign with us. If he goes through one more season he's no different than Stepan so why are people freaking out?

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Leslie, one thing I would have mentioned in your article that works in favor of Chris eventually signing his pro contract, is the personal connections/relationships he already has from playing with current Rangers prospects/players within the organization. Chris played with Bourque & Stepan in the WJC, and also with McDonagh for the WC this past summer. Have to imagine the peer pressure influence would play a significant role in him eventually signing that contract and joining these players he's already familiar with from his past.

Also, I have to wonder if the fans getting upset over this actually thought Kreider was likely to earn a roster spot this coming fall. I was under the impression that he's still got developing to do, and a more polished/complete prospect like Hagelin, had a much better chance at making the team out of camp should a roster spot be open. So for me, it was either Kreider was going to be playing for BC or the Whale, and it's not that disappointing that it will be BC....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Pizza

I don't like his decision, but if a guy says he's not ready then clearly he's not.

I'm looking for him to dominate at BC this year. This will be interesting.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Chris can go to school for four years as long as he signs, but I just don't get a good feeling about the whole thing. Haven't for awhile.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:46 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Well, if his advisers (whomever they may be) aren't so confident, they will tell him otherwise. You don't even seem so sure yourself. Is that a gamble you want to take with one of your top prospects? Chris is RAW. We need to develop him, not throw him into the fire. You don't want to stunt his development and ruin his potential.

I can't believe how out of proportion this topic has gotten. Talk about making a mountain out of an anthill. Please let the real off season start so we can get off this insane topic.
Kreider is not raw like he was 2 year ago. Could he work on his offensive game a bit? Yes. But he is longer a one dimensional walking upside.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Ew. Not a chance.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:58 PM
John Torturella

I must say that Kreider returning to college is a little worrying. We desperately need forwards with his skill level. He could easily make the Rangers with a strong training camp and then play 2nd/3rd line minutes. That would obviously be best for developing an NHL players. That he doesn't have the confidence level to fight it out for a spot in September has to be a bit of a concern. Its nice to go to college and live that kind of life, but what is he waiting for? I have doubts that he is 100% committed to the Rangers. Not even listening to their offer is a little bit alarming when you consider that he has a very legitimate shot at making the Rangers this fall.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
94now

Why would Kreider want to rush to the club with senile GM and deranged HC? He can wait a season. Next season both Sather and Torts may be gone. He will start here anew.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote