11/12 SEL Transaction Thread

Old
09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Why?
Becuse They can afford him and he is a good player? Nah, i have no ide how good he is but he cant be as awful as Jokela, M Karlsson or Styf was last season Hopefully he will have a great season. But i am not so sure about him being Timrås Top deffenceman... is he that good?

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Ciccarelli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Why?
Yeah. That Timrå D looks nothing short of terrible and lacks atleast two elite level d-men, but if they decided to sign only one guy they should've gone with someone with offensive skills. Jerofejevs is a pure stay at home guy and not even to most impressive at that. Timrå can't seriosly be thinking that Robinson could be a top notch offensive guy? Sure, he had a great season in the weak norwegian league, but IMHO his below 0,5PPG numbers from both the ECHL and NCAA are clear indicators that he won't do any damage in this level. I guess Halonen is their most offensively gifted d-man then..? Yikes...

EDIT: Jokela did not have the most impressive season of his career but I can assure you he's on a whole different level compared to Jerofejevs. So if you think Jokela sucked do not expect great things out of Jerofejevs either.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
EDIT: Jokela did not have the most impressive season of his career but I can assure you he's on a whole different level compared to Jerofejevs. So if you think Jokela sucked do not expect great things out of Jerofejevs either.
Hahaha, you obviously didnt watch some games with him in the Timråshirt. He is one the worst deffencemen to played in Timrå since they entered SEL.

Old
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Hahaha, you obviously didnt watch some games with him in the Timråshirt. He is one the worst deffencemen to played in Timrå since they entered SEL.
As I said he didn't have one of his best seasons. When on the top of his game he's still a very good d-man, EHT-calibre atleast, wouldn't surprise me if we saw him again in the finnish WC squad either.

Still, Jokela is arguably one of the best d-men in SM-Liiga while Jerofejevs quite couldn't hack it...Hopefully his game translates to the swedish bandy-like Elitserien better than Jokela's. Time will tell.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Still, Jokela is arguably one of the best d-men in SM-Liiga while Jerofejevs quite couldn't hack it...Hopefully his game translates to the swedish bandy-like Elitserien better than Jokela's. Time will tell.
Since Jokeala was really good in SM-liga and Jerofejevs couldnt hack it... it might be the other way around in SEL?
Becuse Jokela couldnt hack it in SEL

I miss the days when Timrå had the greatest deffender in Europe. Kalle Koskinen xD

Old
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Yeah. That Timrå D looks nothing short of terrible and lacks atleast two elite level d-men, but if they decided to sign only one guy they should've gone with someone with offensive skills. Jerofejevs is a pure stay at home guy and not even to most impressive at that. Timrå can't seriosly be thinking that Robinson could be a top notch offensive guy? Sure, he had a great season in the weak norwegian league, but IMHO his below 0,5PPG numbers from both the ECHL and NCAA are clear indicators that he won't do any damage in this level. I guess Halonen is their most offensively gifted d-man then..? Yikes...

Marcus Högström had 29 points in allsvenskan for a very weak Sundsvall team and he is still very young. Quite often SEL-2 production translate very well to SEL. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Timrås best offensive D-man. Allsvenskan is clearly a better league than GET-ligaen so I think he might be a safer bet than Mat Robinson. Hope Robinson is wellscouted, he have put up lots of points in ECHL and Norway but it's a big jump to SEL.

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 09-04-2011 at 05:33 PM.
cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:06 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Marcus Högström had 29 points in allsvenskan for a very weak Sundsvall team and he is still very young. Quite often SEL-2 production translate very well to SEL. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Timrås best offensive D-man. Allsvenskan is clearly a better league than GET-ligaen so I think he might be a safer bet than Mat Robinson. Hope Robinson is wellscouted, he have put up lots of points in ECHL and Norway but it's a big jump to SEL.
It's only in preseaon games but Robinson has been surprisingly good defensively so perhaps he will be pretty decent. Högström has indeed looked pretty ok, he has a decent shot and should be able to score a few goals on the PP (hopefully)

dr-nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Doghandler

Fredrik "Linkan" Bremberg released by HV. Well, more like fired.

Doghandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:14 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
Fredrik "Linkan" Bremberg released by HV. Well, more like fired.
My guess: Jokerit or HIFK..

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Kirill Kabanov to FBK?

http://nwt.se/sport/folj_fbk/article985551.ece

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:37 AM
His Beardliness
#SireBabcock

vCash: 1125
AIK sold Linus Videll to Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk to pay for the coming police bills.

I am ready to go Falling Down on the police. ****ing die.

His Beardliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 02:22 AM
afrobomber11

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
AIK sold Linus Videll to Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk to pay for the coming police bills.

what???????

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 07:58 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post

I would be more angry at the fans who act like certain body caveties causing the police bills. It would be completly idiotic to let EVERYONE pay for a sports clubs' idiotic fans.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Kenneth Kennholt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
I would be more angry at the fans who act like certain body caveties causing the police bills. It would be completly idiotic to let EVERYONE pay for a sports clubs' idiotic fans.
Gosh...

So then you're fine with night clubs paying police bills for fights on town Saturday nights as well? If not, why? Or festivals for that matter where the amounts of actual crimes are much larger...

One could also argue that AIK/DIF should bill society as a whole for the millions and millions of gains that their respective youth sections creates every year for society if you want to take it further. And then we haven't even mentioned the millions that comes just from tax revenues every Derby.

Might only be me, but I don't wanna live in a country where police work for profit and in addition are the ones that decides how big that profit should be. I don't really think that's worthy for a democracy but whatever floats your boat....

Kenneth Kennholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Komarov47

Niinimaa signed with Kiekko-Laser... kinda curious i must say, i thought some KHL teams or even a well needed dman team like TImra could use Janne...

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Komarov47

Anyone know if Anders Eriksson find a team? He's been released by the Canucks and after a good season with Modo i thought he could be useful.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Fat Doctor

Do you guys have any inside information on David Petrasek? I heard he is leaving his KHL team.

Fat Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Muuri

Any truth to rumor that Petr Vampola is leaving Timrå?

Muuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuri View Post
Any truth to rumor that Petr Vampola is leaving Timrå?
Lets hope not. But its probobly true. Timrås financial situation is not that good. There is also a rumor that Pikkarainen might leave.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Fat Doctor

Someone in Finnish forum said that Vampola would come to Finland and play for Tappara.

Old
11-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
Do you guys have any inside information on David Petrasek? I heard he is leaving his KHL team.
He's considered moving back to Jönköping after the Lokomotiv accident.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Everlasting

Quote:
Someone in Finnish forum said that Vampola would come to Finland and play for Tappara.
Might be true, there are many rumors here that he we will leave. Could you link to that? Searched the forum for "vampola" but didnt find anything. Timrå really needs him..

Old
11-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Might be true, there are many rumors here that he we will leave. Could you link to that? Searched the forum for "vampola" but didnt find anything. Timrå really needs him..
http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/show...=49158&page=99

Poster: Finneri

"Tappara vahvistumassa erittäin kovalla pelaajalla, nimittäin huhut tuovat Tampereelle sitä kauan kaivattua ykkössentteriä, joka olisi maajoukkuetason pelaaja Petr Vampola."

Quick translation:

"Tappara is getting a really good player, since the rumours are bringing the long-awaited #1-center to Tampere, a national team level player Petr Vampola."

Old
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
KRM

Quote:
http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/show...=49158&page=99

Poster: Finneri

"Tappara vahvistumassa erittäin kovalla pelaajalla, nimittäin huhut tuovat Tampereelle sitä kauan kaivattua ykkössentteriä, joka olisi maajoukkuetason pelaaja Petr Vampola."

Quick translation:

"Tappara is getting a really good player, since the rumours are bringing the long-awaited #1-center to Tampere, a national team level player Petr Vampola."
Looking forward to seeing that Timrå—Sundsvall derby next year!

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Everlasting

Timrå will never go down. They may have fallen and are lying hepless at the bottom but from this point there is only one way to go. Up. 3 victories and they could be 3p away for playoffs.

.. dont be suprised when they are up there and kicking som ass