HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo85 View Post
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. What do you guys think of the players we have signed like Robinson, Beaulieu, and Gens? Any chance they see action up in the AHL this year?
I mentioned Gendur a little further back in the thread. He was a high scoring player alongside Zach Hamill and Kyle Beach when they all played in the WHL. Canucks fans thought they had a potential steal in him, but it turns out he was nothing more than a one-dimensional scorer who is very easy to rough up and take off of his game. He has top line skill for an ECHL team, but little more. Should be one of the leading scorers down there, I would imagine.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Gonzo85

I'm looking forward to seeing Gendur play. I think he will be a solid addition in E-ville. I would really love to see T-Rob and Gens get a shot at the next level. T-Rob is a point producing monster and Gens is an awesome offensive defenseman with a hip check from hell. They are two guys that I think could really impress if given a chance. All in all, I am looking forward to the season as a whole. I think the affiliation is going to do amazing things for hockey in Evansville. Is it October yet?? LOL

Old
08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Gonzo85

Jason Dale signs with the Icemen.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4466852

Old
08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing Gendur play. I think he will be a solid addition in E-ville. I would really love to see T-Rob and Gens get a shot at the next level. T-Rob is a point producing monster and Gens is an awesome offensive defenseman with a hip check from hell. They are two guys that I think could really impress if given a chance. All in all, I am looking forward to the season as a whole. I think the affiliation is going to do amazing things for hockey in Evansville. Is it October yet?? LOL
Dan Gendur is a right wing

Old
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Gonzo85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Dan Gendur is a right wing
My post was referring to Matt Gens, a defenseman for the Icemen. I went from saying I'm looking forward to seeing Gendur in town, to moving on to saying I'd like to see T-Rob (Todd Robinson) and Gens (Matt Gens) get shots at higher levels.

Sorry for the confusion there.

Last edited by Gonzo85: 08-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old
08-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
My post was referring to Matt Gens, a defenseman for the Icemen. I went from saying I'm looking forward to seeing Gendur in town, to moving on to saying I'd like to see T-Rob (Todd Robinson) and Gens (Matt Gens) get shots at higher levels.

Sorry for the confusion there.
My mistake

I wasn't even aware Gens was playing for the Icemen ... shows how much I know!

Old
08-13-2012, 11:40 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

What are some Falcons fans thoughts of Ruth and Goloubef?

Old
08-14-2012, 12:19 PM
ndd17
Hate the rags!!!

The IceMen and Orthopaedic Associates Announce Launch Of New Partnership
http://www.evansvilleicemen.com/4217...ew-partnership

Old
08-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
What are some Falcons fans thoughts of Ruth and Goloubef?
Goloubef made big strides before the injury. He did not look bad after it either, but there was a period of rust to work off. His positioning has improved, he was even playing a slightly physical game. Both were MAJOR issues his rookie season.

Theo Ruth is an ECHL d-man. Many times he was in the lineup due to the fact he was the best of the worst that were available to play. I see him in Evansville this season. Seems lost at times and overall plays a soft game. Step back from his rookie season, but he was paired with Moore during his rookie season at times which I feel made him look better than he is.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Goloubef made big strides before the injury. He did not look bad after it either, but there was a period of rust to work off. His positioning has improved, he was even playing a slightly physical game. Both were MAJOR issues his rookie season.

Theo Ruth is an ECHL d-man. Many times he was in the lineup due to the fact he was the best of the worst that were available to play. I see him in Evansville this season. Seems lost at times and overall plays a soft game. Step back from his rookie season, but he was paired with Moore during his rookie season at times which I feel made him look better than he is.
So the Moore-TRuth pairing's performance is inherently dishonest?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
ndd17
Hate the rags!!!

Jake Obermeyer Signs New Contract With The IceMen
http://www.evansvilleicemen.com/4222...ith-the-icemen

Old
08-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
So the Moore-TRuth pairing's performance is inherently dishonest?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
haha Yes, unfortunately.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:45 AM
Gonzo85

you can see a monster hip check from Gens in this video. The vid is actually regarding a fan breaking the glass but the replays show a nice slo-mo highlight of the hip check as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI92y8xhAGY

Old
08-16-2012, 12:06 PM
ndd17
Hate the rags!!!

IceMen General Manager/Head Coach Rich Kromm has announced that defenseman JESSE PERRIN has assented to terms and will be making his debuting season under the employ of Evansville.
More http://www.evansvilleicemen.com/4226...-voyage-season

Old
08-16-2012, 01:47 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:

Thanks! Assuming Moore and Savard don't make the big club, would these pairings seem about right?

Holden-Savard
Moore-Goloubef
????-Ruth

Old
08-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Thanks! Assuming Moore and Savard don't make the big club, would these pairings seem about right?

Holden-Savard
Moore-Goloubef
????-Ruth

I don't see Ruth sticking in Springfield. There are others ahead of him in Amadio and Weber at the least. Would be interested to see a Holden/Goloubef pairing myself. They are more complimentary of each other. Did not like Holden with Savard last season.

Old
08-16-2012, 08:54 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
I don't see Ruth sticking in Springfield. There are others ahead of him in Amadio and Weber at the least. Would be interested to see a Holden/Goloubef pairing myself. They are more complimentary of each other. Did not like Holden with Savard last season.
Wow I completely forgot about Weber, Amadio, and Erixon... Whoops.

Moore-Savard
Holden-Goloubef
Erixon-Weber
Amadio
Ruth

Better?

Old
08-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Hey, Springy fans, what radio station carries the Falcons games? If, or rather when, there is an NHL lock-out, I will want to listen to some Falcons games on-line.

I don't think that I am going to do the AHL video package, but when I am sitting on my computer at night, I would like to listen to the games.

Old
08-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:

Moore-Savard
Holden-Goloubef
Erixon-Weber
Amadio
Ruth
Asuming Murray makes the squad one of the above will be with the big club as 7th man or a rotating 5/6 with Aucoin. If Murray goes back to Junior then two will be promoted.

Old
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
ndd17
Hate the rags!!!

The Springfield Falcons, AHL affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced their schedule for the 2012-2013 season on Friday.
http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php...=&division_id=

Old
08-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Hey, Springy fans, what radio station carries the Falcons games? If, or rather when, there is an NHL lock-out, I will want to listen to some Falcons games on-line.

I don't think that I am going to do the AHL video package, but when I am sitting on my computer at night, I would like to listen to the games.
http://www.whyn.com/main.html

The AHL Live video package is OK, not worth it IMO as you cannot listen to the announcer you want to many times and the video quality is subpar for this day and age.

Old
08-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Wow I completely forgot about Weber, Amadio, and Erixon... Whoops.

Moore-Savard
Holden-Goloubef
Erixon-Weber
Amadio
Ruth

Better?
Amadio in the top 6 and yes. I expected Moore/Erixon to be in Columbus with no lockout.

Old
08-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Gonzo85

Tyler Shelast signs with the Icemen

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4474113

Old
08-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Candyman

Quote:
Tyler Shelast signs with the Icemen

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4474113
I see you're from Eville as well, so I'm hoping you have more knowledge than i do. How do you think the Icemen will fair in the ECHL? Not going to lie I was really disappointed in our first round sweep last playoffs.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Gonzo85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
I see you're from Eville as well, so I'm hoping you have more knowledge than i do. How do you think the Icemen will fair in the ECHL? Not going to lie I was really disappointed in our first round sweep last playoffs.
The first round sweep was disappointing, but wasn't unpredictable based on our last few weeeks of the season. P.O.'s debacle against Wichita really messed with his mind set and he wasn't the same the rest of the season, and losing the league's leading scorer in Bicek with his shoulder injury didn't help matters either.

I am hoping we can be competitive in the league. With the direction the signings are going I am cautiously optimistic. The guys we have signed so far are a solid start to build on and we have to keep in mind that we will have the advantage of receiving some "hand me down's" from Columbus/Springfield. All in all, I look forward to a great year in Evansville. I think the focus this year should be getting our feet wet and adjusting to the league as far as style of play,etc. Then follow that up by setting our eyes on playoffs/championships later down the road. In my opinion, it may take 2-3 years to really build a team that will challenge for a championship, hopefully in the meantime we can put a competitive team on the ice. Evansville unfortunately is a "What have you done for me lately?" town, and losing sports teams (with the exception of the Otters) tend to fall by the wayside. I definitely don't want to see that happen to the Icemen, so I'm hoping we put together another winning season.

Closed Thread