HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2012, 06:23 PM
  #501
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
I looked at the website, not too closely, but it looked like I could pay 6 dollars for a game, which isn't too bad every now and then. Certainly not going to pay 150 dollars, especially since I don't think the lockout will last very long.

*fingers crossed

GoJackets1 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:09 PM
  #502
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
JAM is on roll! Four goals in the last two games!
http://twitter.com/MikeFalconsAHL/st...32137440346112
Quote:
Who's on the JAM bandwagon? #hatchedandhungry
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...32384354852865

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:17 PM
  #503
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
JAM scores again! Audy-Marchessault pushes in a rebound at 14:34...3-1 Falcons!
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...36879608532994

Make it 5.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
  #504
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 13,896
vCash: 500
Hopefully the JAM hype is true, he's lighting up the AHL preseason atm.

CBJWennberg41 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
  #505
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
Damn, maybe we do have something there!

GoJackets1 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:20 PM
  #506
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Like I said in this thread, that's a steal.

Even though, we're still in pre-season but I'm pretty sure he will keep it up during the season.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
  #507
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
From last night:



From tonight:


Fel 96 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:54 PM
  #508
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 13,896
vCash: 500
How did the team look tonight? Specifically guys like Johan, Cam, Kubalik, Goloubef, Calvert, and Erixon?

CBJWennberg41 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
  #509
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
How did the team look tonight? Specifically guys like Johan, Cam, Kubalik, Goloubef, Calvert, and Erixon?
Cam did not play in preseason. Not going into specifics, but it's not serious from everything I know. Erixon did not play any games as well. Johansen looks like the best player on the ice. Some of his moves leave me saying wow. Kubalik has picked his physical game up. He is hitting now, which for someone his size, he needed to be doing. Goloubef did not stand out, he was not bad, but was not great. He did get a lot of playing time last night. Calvert is all hustle. He was paired with Kuby and Drazenovic, I liked the line and their hustle.

The team overall looked good. JAM is just great, him and RyJo are clicking so very well. Weber impresses me, he needs some work to realize when to join the rush and when to stay back, but he's good. It's going to be interesting to see who ends up in Evansville, especially on defense. We are very loaded in the back end. I think Moore, Savard, Erixon, Prout are locks, if only because of their standing in the org.. Leaves 2 maybe 3 spots open for Amadio, Holden, Weber, Madaisky, Ruth, Goloubef.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:33 AM
  #510
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
I think Moore, Savard, Erixon, Prout are locks, if only because of their standing in the org.. Leaves 2 maybe 3 spots open for Amadio, Holden, Weber, Madaisky, Ruth, Goloubef.
My best guess is the four you mentioned, plus Holden and Goloubef. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Madaisky sent back to Kamloops, who should contend for a Memorial Cup berth this year. Amadio, Weber, and Ruth would all be lower on the organizational depth chart than Holden and Goloubef - so unless one of the three outplays someone else, they have to be considered longshots.

What a great problem we have in our system right now!

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
  #511
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Great to hear that about RyJo, sounds like he's vastly improved and bulked over the summer, can't wait to see what he can do in Columbus.

In the meantime, I'm contemplating getting AHL live to keep track of he, Cam, Erixon, Savard, Moore and JAM. Is that something that anyone here has done and would recommend? Also interested to know if Cam-Joey-JAM will be a line, because that would be awesome.
The video quality is not great. If I cannot make an away game, I will sometimes order the game, but overall I don't feel it is worth the price.

The plan was to have Cam on the line. We will see this Saturday if Cam plays.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 02:32 PM
  #512
ndd17
Hate the rags
 
ndd17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Audy-M the best!!!!

ndd17 is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
  #513
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
My best guess is the four you mentioned, plus Holden and Goloubef. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Madaisky sent back to Kamloops, who should contend for a Memorial Cup berth this year. Amadio, Weber, and Ruth would all be lower on the organizational depth chart than Holden and Goloubef - so unless one of the three outplays someone else, they have to be considered longshots.

What a great problem we have in our system right now!
Amadio outplayed Holden and Goloubef. He's the best vet presence on D we have here as well.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 07:05 PM
  #514
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
As much as i hate it the lockout could be a blessing in disguise for CBJ.

It gives Cam, RyJo, JAM, and Murray a chance to get back into form and potentially (so far) dominate and build up some confidence so whenever the lockout ends or even next year they have some good numbers to improve upon. Murray as much as id like for him to come up it could be good for him to play another year in everett. Cam I think has proven he already has shown what he can do in the AHL and i feel hes ready for the real test. A full season at what he did last year he was on pace for a 40+ pt season. RyJo i think needs to play in the AHL the most. I feel like he needs to just get some experience playing with bigger older players 3-6 months in the AHL and i believe we'll see a hungry, stronger, faster RyJo. And Jam, well i dont know much about him, but he seems to be beasting and he might be one my most anticipated prospects that no one really knows about. Same with Cam, Krieder has so much hype behind him while cam did better than him at BC...

slightlystewpid420 is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
  #515
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
As much as i hate it the lockout could be a blessing in disguise for CBJ.

It gives Cam, RyJo, JAM, and Murray a chance to get back into form and potentially (so far) dominate and build up some confidence so whenever the lockout ends or even next year they have some good numbers to improve upon. Murray as much as id like for him to come up it could be good for him to play another year in everett. Cam I think has proven he already has shown what he can do in the AHL and i feel hes ready for the real test. A full season at what he did last year he was on pace for a 40+ pt season. RyJo i think needs to play in the AHL the most. I feel like he needs to just get some experience playing with bigger older players 3-6 months in the AHL and i believe we'll see a hungry, stronger, faster RyJo. And Jam, well i dont know much about him, but he seems to be beasting and he might be one my most anticipated prospects that no one really knows about. Same with Cam, Krieder has so much hype behind him while cam did better than him at BC...
I'm not so sure about Murray and the situation in Everett. It is a young team and wins are going to be hard to come by. So many reports have him with nothing to prove at that level. I just hope the situation doesn't breed frustration. By all reports he is a leader and a competitor and it could be less than healthy. It is essential that he play, but wish it were here.

Roadman is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
  #516
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
I'm not so sure about Murray and the situation in Everett. It is a young team and wins are going to be hard to come by. So many reports have him with nothing to prove at that level. I just hope the situation doesn't breed frustration. By all reports he is a leader and a competitor and it could be less than healthy. It is essential that he play, but wish it were here.
The Jackets would be a young team, and wins would be hard to come by there. Would it be better for him to play 25-30 minutes a night and stand out on a bad team, or play 10-12 minutes a night on the third pairing of a bad team? It's debatable, but I don't think playing in Everett is that big of a deal. It's not like the team has a sour locker room or is stacked with guys that are looking to take his job. He still has plenty to prove in the WHL ... a good place to start would be stepping up and leading that team into the playoffs.

Plus, it gives him a shot for redemption at the WJCs this year. I can guarantee you that if Canada comes up against Russia with Ryan Murray on the team this year, the result won't be the same. I don't think it's a bad situation at all. He's persevered at every level, and will continue to do so.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 08:38 PM
  #517
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
If he plays a full year in everett i think people will see his true offensive talent. He didnt put up a lot pts last year because he didnt play a full season, i think him playing a full year will show the doubters he really is the full package.

slightlystewpid420 is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:49 PM
  #518
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
If he plays a full year in everett i think people will see his true offensive talent. He didnt put up a lot pts last year because he didnt play a full season, i think him playing a full year will show the doubters he really is the full package.
True. Two years ago he finished third on the team in scoring, and they actually weren't that bad that season.

Another thing to keep in mind: if the NHL thing gets figured out and it's decided that he stays in the WHL, it's likely that he's dealt to a Memorial Cup contender. The WHL is the host league this year, with Saskatoon having an automatic berth - there will be no less than 8-10 other teams with realistic shots at making the tournament, and any of those teams may give up a huge bounty for a guy like Ryan Murray. Everett is undoubtedly in a rebuild, so getting a package of younger players and picks would definitely intrigue them. Would that be a bad situation? Ask Matt Calvert if he regrets going back to play his OA season in the 'dub.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
  #519
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
The Jackets would be a young team, and wins would be hard to come by there. Would it be better for him to play 25-30 minutes a night and stand out on a bad team, or play 10-12 minutes a night on the third pairing of a bad team? It's debatable, but I don't think playing in Everett is that big of a deal. It's not like the team has a sour locker room or is stacked with guys that are looking to take his job. He still has plenty to prove in the WHL ... a good place to start would be stepping up and leading that team into the playoffs.

Plus, it gives him a shot for redemption at the WJCs this year. I can guarantee you that if Canada comes up against Russia with Ryan Murray on the team this year, the result won't be the same. I don't think it's a bad situation at all. He's persevered at every level, and will continue to do so.
You would know better than I, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Still hope the whole season is not lost and we see him here.

My point is that in Columbus I don't think anyone is going to expect him to be a difference maker, just another young developing. There I'm thinking he more than anyone will expect more than he is capable of. But your point is taken. Six of one half dozen of the other, time will tell. Wish the AHL were an option but it's not so hope it all works out in his best interests.

Thanks, as always, for your insight.

Roadman is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
  #520
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
True. Two years ago he finished third on the team in scoring, and they actually weren't that bad that season.

Another thing to keep in mind: if the NHL thing gets figured out and it's decided that he stays in the WHL, it's likely that he's dealt to a Memorial Cup contender. The WHL is the host league this year, with Saskatoon having an automatic berth - there will be no less than 8-10 other teams with realistic shots at making the tournament, and any of those teams may give up a huge bounty for a guy like Ryan Murray. Everett is undoubtedly in a rebuild, so getting a package of younger players and picks would definitely intrigue them. Would that be a bad situation? Ask Matt Calvert if he regrets going back to play his OA season in the 'dub.

This might be the very best of all situations. Maybe even better than Springfield.

Roadman is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
  #521
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
You would know better than I, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Still hope the whole season is not lost and we see him here.

My point is that in Columbus I don't think anyone is going to expect him to be a difference maker, just another young developing. There I'm thinking he more than anyone will expect more than he is capable of. But your point is taken. Six of one half dozen of the other, time will tell. Wish the AHL were an option but it's not so hope it all works out in his best interests.

Thanks, as always, for your insight.
If it's anything like the last lockout, I think it's possible that players are better off spending an extra year in junior/minor league hockey. I think the 2003 draft was a very deep one for sure, but I have to wonder if so many of those guys would be as successful had they spent the 2004-05 season in the NHL rather than with their respective junior clubs.

It's a science that will likely never be proven. As you said, six of one ...

Either way, I believe Ryan Murray could wind up biting the Edmonton Oilers in the backside for not drafting him. The kid is incredibly poised, and is so far ahead of his years.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM
  #522
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,954
vCash: 500
I agree with the observation that the lockout, which forces RyJo to start the year in Springfield, should be good for him and the CBJ.

leesmith is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
  #523
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I agree with the observation that the lockout, which forces RyJo to start the year in Springfield, should be good for him and the CBJ.

I think RyJo needs this lockout more than anyone. I see him making HUGE strides with a solid season/stint in the AHL, and HOPEFULLY so does JAM. I think Cam really has already proven hes ready to make the next step.

slightlystewpid420 is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
  #524
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
From http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=2154:

The Springfield Falcons, AHL affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced on Sunday that they have assigned goaltender Mike Clemente to the CHL's Missouri Mavericks.

The transaction narrows Springfield's roster down to 31 players (18 forwards, 10 defensemen, three goaltenders) as the club looks ahead from the preseason toward the start of the 2012-2013 campaign.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 10:30 PM
  #525
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
What is the roster size limit for ahl? 23 like nhl or unlimited?

Failing to get an answer here, I googled and found an article that said there was no limit. Also no injured reserve-player hurt? he doesn't play.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2010/2/...-grand-tour-of


Last edited by EspenK: 10-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.
EspenK is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.