HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 06:23 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

vCash: 500
I looked at the website, not too closely, but it looked like I could pay 6 dollars for a game, which isn't too bad every now and then. Certainly not going to pay 150 dollars, especially since I don't think the lockout will last very long.

*fingers crossed

Old
10-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
JAM is on roll! Four goals in the last two games!
http://twitter.com/MikeFalconsAHL/st...32137440346112
Quote:
Who's on the JAM bandwagon? #hatchedandhungry
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...32384354852865

Old
10-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
JAM scores again! Audy-Marchessault pushes in a rebound at 14:34...3-1 Falcons!
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...36879608532994

Make it 5.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Hopefully the JAM hype is true, he's lighting up the AHL preseason atm.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Damn, maybe we do have something there!

Old
10-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Like I said in this thread, that's a steal.

Even though, we're still in pre-season but I'm pretty sure he will keep it up during the season.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Fel 96
JFC

From last night:

From tonight:

Old
10-06-2012, 10:54 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

How did the team look tonight? Specifically guys like Johan, Cam, Kubalik, Goloubef, Calvert, and Erixon?

Old
10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
How did the team look tonight? Specifically guys like Johan, Cam, Kubalik, Goloubef, Calvert, and Erixon?
Cam did not play in preseason. Not going into specifics, but it's not serious from everything I know. Erixon did not play any games as well. Johansen looks like the best player on the ice. Some of his moves leave me saying wow. Kubalik has picked his physical game up. He is hitting now, which for someone his size, he needed to be doing. Goloubef did not stand out, he was not bad, but was not great. He did get a lot of playing time last night. Calvert is all hustle. He was paired with Kuby and Drazenovic, I liked the line and their hustle.

The team overall looked good. JAM is just great, him and RyJo are clicking so very well. Weber impresses me, he needs some work to realize when to join the rush and when to stay back, but he's good. It's going to be interesting to see who ends up in Evansville, especially on defense. We are very loaded in the back end. I think Moore, Savard, Erixon, Prout are locks, if only because of their standing in the org.. Leaves 2 maybe 3 spots open for Amadio, Holden, Weber, Madaisky, Ruth, Goloubef.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
I think Moore, Savard, Erixon, Prout are locks, if only because of their standing in the org.. Leaves 2 maybe 3 spots open for Amadio, Holden, Weber, Madaisky, Ruth, Goloubef.
My best guess is the four you mentioned, plus Holden and Goloubef. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Madaisky sent back to Kamloops, who should contend for a Memorial Cup berth this year. Amadio, Weber, and Ruth would all be lower on the organizational depth chart than Holden and Goloubef - so unless one of the three outplays someone else, they have to be considered longshots.

What a great problem we have in our system right now!

Old
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Great to hear that about RyJo, sounds like he's vastly improved and bulked over the summer, can't wait to see what he can do in Columbus.

In the meantime, I'm contemplating getting AHL live to keep track of he, Cam, Erixon, Savard, Moore and JAM. Is that something that anyone here has done and would recommend? Also interested to know if Cam-Joey-JAM will be a line, because that would be awesome.
The video quality is not great. If I cannot make an away game, I will sometimes order the game, but overall I don't feel it is worth the price.

The plan was to have Cam on the line. We will see this Saturday if Cam plays.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:32 PM
ndd17
Hate the rags

Audy-M the best!!!!

Old
10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
My best guess is the four you mentioned, plus Holden and Goloubef. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Madaisky sent back to Kamloops, who should contend for a Memorial Cup berth this year. Amadio, Weber, and Ruth would all be lower on the organizational depth chart than Holden and Goloubef - so unless one of the three outplays someone else, they have to be considered longshots.

What a great problem we have in our system right now!
Amadio outplayed Holden and Goloubef. He's the best vet presence on D we have here as well.

Old
10-07-2012, 07:05 PM
slightlystewpid420

As much as i hate it the lockout could be a blessing in disguise for CBJ.

It gives Cam, RyJo, JAM, and Murray a chance to get back into form and potentially (so far) dominate and build up some confidence so whenever the lockout ends or even next year they have some good numbers to improve upon. Murray as much as id like for him to come up it could be good for him to play another year in everett. Cam I think has proven he already has shown what he can do in the AHL and i feel hes ready for the real test. A full season at what he did last year he was on pace for a 40+ pt season. RyJo i think needs to play in the AHL the most. I feel like he needs to just get some experience playing with bigger older players 3-6 months in the AHL and i believe we'll see a hungry, stronger, faster RyJo. And Jam, well i dont know much about him, but he seems to be beasting and he might be one my most anticipated prospects that no one really knows about. Same with Cam, Krieder has so much hype behind him while cam did better than him at BC...

Old
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
As much as i hate it the lockout could be a blessing in disguise for CBJ.

It gives Cam, RyJo, JAM, and Murray a chance to get back into form and potentially (so far) dominate and build up some confidence so whenever the lockout ends or even next year they have some good numbers to improve upon. Murray as much as id like for him to come up it could be good for him to play another year in everett. Cam I think has proven he already has shown what he can do in the AHL and i feel hes ready for the real test. A full season at what he did last year he was on pace for a 40+ pt season. RyJo i think needs to play in the AHL the most. I feel like he needs to just get some experience playing with bigger older players 3-6 months in the AHL and i believe we'll see a hungry, stronger, faster RyJo. And Jam, well i dont know much about him, but he seems to be beasting and he might be one my most anticipated prospects that no one really knows about. Same with Cam, Krieder has so much hype behind him while cam did better than him at BC...
I'm not so sure about Murray and the situation in Everett. It is a young team and wins are going to be hard to come by. So many reports have him with nothing to prove at that level. I just hope the situation doesn't breed frustration. By all reports he is a leader and a competitor and it could be less than healthy. It is essential that he play, but wish it were here.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
I'm not so sure about Murray and the situation in Everett. It is a young team and wins are going to be hard to come by. So many reports have him with nothing to prove at that level. I just hope the situation doesn't breed frustration. By all reports he is a leader and a competitor and it could be less than healthy. It is essential that he play, but wish it were here.
The Jackets would be a young team, and wins would be hard to come by there. Would it be better for him to play 25-30 minutes a night and stand out on a bad team, or play 10-12 minutes a night on the third pairing of a bad team? It's debatable, but I don't think playing in Everett is that big of a deal. It's not like the team has a sour locker room or is stacked with guys that are looking to take his job. He still has plenty to prove in the WHL ... a good place to start would be stepping up and leading that team into the playoffs.

Plus, it gives him a shot for redemption at the WJCs this year. I can guarantee you that if Canada comes up against Russia with Ryan Murray on the team this year, the result won't be the same. I don't think it's a bad situation at all. He's persevered at every level, and will continue to do so.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:38 PM
slightlystewpid420

If he plays a full year in everett i think people will see his true offensive talent. He didnt put up a lot pts last year because he didnt play a full season, i think him playing a full year will show the doubters he really is the full package.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
If he plays a full year in everett i think people will see his true offensive talent. He didnt put up a lot pts last year because he didnt play a full season, i think him playing a full year will show the doubters he really is the full package.
True. Two years ago he finished third on the team in scoring, and they actually weren't that bad that season.

Another thing to keep in mind: if the NHL thing gets figured out and it's decided that he stays in the WHL, it's likely that he's dealt to a Memorial Cup contender. The WHL is the host league this year, with Saskatoon having an automatic berth - there will be no less than 8-10 other teams with realistic shots at making the tournament, and any of those teams may give up a huge bounty for a guy like Ryan Murray. Everett is undoubtedly in a rebuild, so getting a package of younger players and picks would definitely intrigue them. Would that be a bad situation? Ask Matt Calvert if he regrets going back to play his OA season in the 'dub.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
The Jackets would be a young team, and wins would be hard to come by there. Would it be better for him to play 25-30 minutes a night and stand out on a bad team, or play 10-12 minutes a night on the third pairing of a bad team? It's debatable, but I don't think playing in Everett is that big of a deal. It's not like the team has a sour locker room or is stacked with guys that are looking to take his job. He still has plenty to prove in the WHL ... a good place to start would be stepping up and leading that team into the playoffs.

Plus, it gives him a shot for redemption at the WJCs this year. I can guarantee you that if Canada comes up against Russia with Ryan Murray on the team this year, the result won't be the same. I don't think it's a bad situation at all. He's persevered at every level, and will continue to do so.
You would know better than I, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Still hope the whole season is not lost and we see him here.

My point is that in Columbus I don't think anyone is going to expect him to be a difference maker, just another young developing. There I'm thinking he more than anyone will expect more than he is capable of. But your point is taken. Six of one half dozen of the other, time will tell. Wish the AHL were an option but it's not so hope it all works out in his best interests.

Thanks, as always, for your insight.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
True. Two years ago he finished third on the team in scoring, and they actually weren't that bad that season.

Another thing to keep in mind: if the NHL thing gets figured out and it's decided that he stays in the WHL, it's likely that he's dealt to a Memorial Cup contender. The WHL is the host league this year, with Saskatoon having an automatic berth - there will be no less than 8-10 other teams with realistic shots at making the tournament, and any of those teams may give up a huge bounty for a guy like Ryan Murray. Everett is undoubtedly in a rebuild, so getting a package of younger players and picks would definitely intrigue them. Would that be a bad situation? Ask Matt Calvert if he regrets going back to play his OA season in the 'dub.

This might be the very best of all situations. Maybe even better than Springfield.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
You would know better than I, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Still hope the whole season is not lost and we see him here.

My point is that in Columbus I don't think anyone is going to expect him to be a difference maker, just another young developing. There I'm thinking he more than anyone will expect more than he is capable of. But your point is taken. Six of one half dozen of the other, time will tell. Wish the AHL were an option but it's not so hope it all works out in his best interests.

Thanks, as always, for your insight.
If it's anything like the last lockout, I think it's possible that players are better off spending an extra year in junior/minor league hockey. I think the 2003 draft was a very deep one for sure, but I have to wonder if so many of those guys would be as successful had they spent the 2004-05 season in the NHL rather than with their respective junior clubs.

It's a science that will likely never be proven. As you said, six of one ...

Either way, I believe Ryan Murray could wind up biting the Edmonton Oilers in the backside for not drafting him. The kid is incredibly poised, and is so far ahead of his years.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

I agree with the observation that the lockout, which forces RyJo to start the year in Springfield, should be good for him and the CBJ.

Old
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I agree with the observation that the lockout, which forces RyJo to start the year in Springfield, should be good for him and the CBJ.

I think RyJo needs this lockout more than anyone. I see him making HUGE strides with a solid season/stint in the AHL, and HOPEFULLY so does JAM. I think Cam really has already proven hes ready to make the next step.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
JacketsFanWest

From http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=2154:

The Springfield Falcons, AHL affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced on Sunday that they have assigned goaltender Mike Clemente to the CHL's Missouri Mavericks.

The transaction narrows Springfield's roster down to 31 players (18 forwards, 10 defensemen, three goaltenders) as the club looks ahead from the preseason toward the start of the 2012-2013 campaign.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:30 PM
EspenK

What is the roster size limit for ahl? 23 like nhl or unlimited?

Failing to get an answer here, I googled and found an article that said there was no limit. Also no injured reserve-player hurt? he doesn't play.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2010/2/...-grand-tour-of

Last edited by EspenK: 10-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Closed Thread