HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 12:00 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

vCash: 500
Going to be in the Northeast this week and am looking at going to the Falcons game this Sunday against Adirondack. Any tips on parking, how far in advance to get there, etc. would be appreciated!

Old
10-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Going to be in the Northeast this week and am looking at going to the Falcons game this Sunday against Adirondack. Any tips on parking, how far in advance to get there, etc. would be appreciated!
There is a parking garage across the St. on Falcons Way to park. $7 for regular. $12 for VIP on the first floor. Doors open an hour before the game. No need to get there earlier than that. Not a ton of restaurants open Sundays close to the arena. There is JT's which is a couple min. walk. Typical sports bar, food is good. Also there is Champions bar at the Marriott hotel which is about a 5 min. walk. Another sports bar, food is not as good. If you need any more info, feel free to reply, PM me or if you are on twitter, just tweet me @KatyLovesHockey

Old
10-09-2012, 04:10 PM
phillipsj89

Hey guys, Kamloops Blazer fan here, I have looked through the thread and their seems to be varying opinions on Austin Madaisky.

Speaking from my Blazer fandom I would love to have him back. Speaking from the point of view of his development, I am not so sure. I am curious as to what some people closer to the AHL think of Madaisky.

Basically, what are the chances of him coming back to the WHL? and what is better for his development?

Old
10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Hey guys, Kamloops Blazer fan here, I have looked through the thread and their seems to be varying opinions on Austin Madaisky.

Speaking from my Blazer fandom I would love to have him back. Speaking from the point of view of his development, I am not so sure. I am curious as to what some people closer to the AHL think of Madaisky.

Basically, what are the chances of him coming back to the WHL? and what is better for his development?
From what I have heard, it is looking pretty likely

Old
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:

Thanks for coming to the board! I'm just a bit down the road in Spokane - you guys have some of the best fans in the WHL, and I always enjoy seeing you in our arena. Cheers!

I think the chances of Madaisky being sent back to the Blazers are looking pretty good at this point. Unless the team sees fit to have him develop in the ECHL that is, as Madaisky will likely get lost in the numbers game the Jackets have going on in their system right now.

Good luck tomorrow night - should be a great game in your barn.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Thanks for coming to the board! I'm just a bit down the road in Spokane - you guys have some of the best fans in the WHL, and I always enjoy seeing you in our arena. Cheers!

I think the chances of Madaisky being sent back to the Blazers are looking pretty good at this point. Unless the team sees fit to have him develop in the ECHL that is, as Madaisky will likely get lost in the numbers game the Jackets have going on in their system right now.

Good luck tomorrow night - should be a great game in your barn.
Thanks to both of you for the responses, I have always believed he will come back! Darn lockout, without that, I am sure he would have stood a much better chance at staying in Springfield.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:17 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Thanks to both of you for the responses, I have always believed he will come back! Darn lockout, without that, I am sure he would have stood a much better chance at staying in Springfield.
Yeah, really like the guy. But with Moore heading back and the addition of Erixon (I assume he's in Springfield), I am not sure how he would get a spot in Springfield. A lot of trickle down goodness for all the leagues.

I'm taking the half glass full on development with the lock out. I don't like our core veterans getting a year older, however.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:

Without the lockout Madaisky makes Springfield no questions. I think he will end up in Kamloops, if only not to burn a year off his ELC. He has played well, but other players are higher on the depth chart and even if Madaisky plays better, he will not end up playing over them.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:19 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's a quote from Jared Bednar, new assistant in Springfield, that answers a question raised earlier in this thread (the quote comes from an interview on the CBJ site ):

“Our staff here (in Springfield) went over how Columbus is going to play and determined we want to play very similar, or as closeas we possibly can,” Bednar explained. “It’s the same way Todd Richards wants to play, and it’s good to have that at both levels. When players go from the American Hockey League to the National Hockey League level, they have that familiarity with the structure and systems.

Edit: here's a link to the whole article:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643124

Last edited by pete goegan: 10-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old
10-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I think that I will fire up my I-phone tonight and listen to the Falcons while watching the Buckeyes. I can get WHYN on IHeartRadio.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Here's a quote from Jared Bednar, new assistant in Springfield, that answers a question raised earlier in this thread (the quote comes from an interview on the CBJ site ):

Our staff here (in Springfield) went over how Columbus is going to play and determined we want to play very similar, or as closeas we possibly can, Bednar explained. Its the same way Todd Richards wants to play, and its good to have that at both levels. When players go from the American Hockey League to the National Hockey League level, they have that familiarity with the structure and systems.

Edit: here's a link to the whole article:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643124
I think that is very smart. Thanks.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Here's a brief look at how the defense pairs lined up this morning:

Nick Holden - David Savard
Tim Erixon - Cody Goloubef
John Moore - Dalton Prout
Greg Amadio

Because of the high volume of players in camp, the line rushes were a bit hectic and jumbled. But as we reported earlier this morning, the top line of JAM-Johansen-Atkinson will be together to start tonight's game.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/blog...id=DL|CBJ|home

Old
10-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1466...d-falcons.html

A stream of the game, for those who are inclinded to watch.

Go Falcons! Destroy Dekanich!

Edit: Pasquale is playing, not Dekanich. Thought he was going to shut those mean old Springfield fans up.

10-13-2012, 07:39 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Erixon just destroyed that shot. Might have been tipped. 1-1. Credited to Ryan Craig, assists to Erixon and JAM

Old
10-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Up 3-1 on Dalton Smith's goal.

Falcons dominating. Could easily be 5-1.

Edit: And the stream just died.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:36 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Damn, I thought it was just my computer... Glad to see the Falcons doing well, and I'm honestly not too surprised. Johansen, from me half watching the game, looks to be coasting a bit... Maybe I'm just catching him at bad times.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Seedtype

Yeah, Falcons looking pretty good(though I think the Falcon's goaltender looks a little shaky at times).

Old
10-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Damn, I thought it was just my computer... Glad to see the Falcons doing well, and I'm honestly not too surprised. Johansen, from me half watching the game, looks to be coasting a bit... Maybe I'm just catching him at bad times.
I'm really impressed by Erixon. It's not the NHL, but he's looking decent in his own zone, which I've gathered seemed to be the biggest knock on him.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:45 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

That's good to hear, I'm trying to pay attention mostly to the forwards, though I'm playing NHL 13 and watching at the same time.

Smith has had his moments with that big hit behind the net as well as his goal.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Feed came back on for me.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:55 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Same... All these ads that come up and I accidentally click on take me to some odd websites. Lol

Old
10-13-2012, 08:59 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Can't watch anymore. How's cam, ryjo, moore, erixon, and jam doing?

Old
10-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Byrral

Thanks for the link. Agree with everything on Erixon. He also has a hard shot. The announcer keeps calling Chaput (Stefan). Ha ha.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
FALCONS WIN! Springfield defeats St. John's 4-2 to begin 2012-2013!
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...93060499726336

Nice.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I listened to the game on IHeartRadio. I like the Falcons play-by-play guy. Would sound good doing Jackets games in the future.

Was nice to at least listen to a hockey game.

Job, Falcons!

Closed Thread