HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 02:20 PM
ndd17

vCash: 500
Meanwhile, 1-0 Calvert !!!!!

Old
10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
ndd17

1-0 Falcons...Springfield has a 15-2 shots advantage with 6:30 left in the first

Old
10-28-2012, 02:39 PM
ndd17

Andrew Joudrey wrists in his first goal of 2012-13 and the Falcons' first short-handed tally of the season...2-0 at 16:51!

Old
10-28-2012, 02:41 PM
ndd17

RJO snaps in a rebound off a Cody Goloubef drive...3-0 Springfield!

Old
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

I have to say, of the Springfield stats that I've seen so far, John Moore being a +8 has to be one of the most impressive ones.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
But in the reports I've seen the Johan looks like a solid, regular contributor, but not yet like an NHL Top sixer, who ought to be getting fat down on the farm. Of course the season is still young and I have yet to see a game.
RNH and company have very similar stats. RNH is 2-4-6 in 6 GP while RyJo is 3-3-6 in 7GP (not counting today). Plus think of who RNH is playing with (Hall, Eberle, etc.) versus Johansen.

I think a lot of that has to do with the coaches challenging those players to focus on different aspects of their game. Instead of just getting fat and collecting points, they are challenged to focus on their weaknesses.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:26 PM
stevo61

Where is Will Weber at? I thought he was supposed to start the year in Springfield? Or is he injured?

Old
10-28-2012, 03:27 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
Where is Will Weber at? I thought he was supposed to start the year in Springfield? Or is he injured?
Sent to the ECHL, for whatever reason they chose Ruth over him.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:28 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Sent to the ECHL, for whatever reason they chose Ruth over him.
Weber has more potential. Maybe they figured on giving him top pair minutes in the ECHL, where he will play regularly. At least that's what I hope.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:32 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Weber has more potential. Maybe they figured on giving him top pair minutes in the ECHL, where he will play regularly. At least that's what I hope.
The time he put in at Miami should be good enough to give him a shot at least. I agree he has a lot more potential and it seems weird to me they wouldn't put him in a situation to face better opponents and grow that way. The coaching in the AHL would only help too.. this really confuses me

Old
10-28-2012, 03:45 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
The time he put in at Miami should be good enough to give him a shot at least. I agree he has a lot more potential and it seems weird to me they wouldn't put him in a situation to face better opponents and grow that way. The coaching in the AHL would only help too.. this really confuses me
True but the coaches haven't been dressing Weber for whatever reason. He's better playing in the ECHL then sitting in the pressbox in the AHL. Should the lockout end he's likely to move up.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:08 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

More penalties

Old
10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
FlaggerX

Falcons hung on to win 3-2 though, after a tough 2nd period and penalties. Cody Bass may be badly hurt though.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Sorry for the lack of posting over the first couple of weekends. I will post a more in depth review this week.

A few thoughts.

Curtis McElhinney has looked good. Pre-season scared me because he was looking iffy, but he has pulled it together.

Paul Dainton in one start looked strong. Made some amazing saves and was not helped by the defense very much.

David Savard...what a downward spiral he has gone on. He has gained weight and it is not muscle. He's slow and sloppy. I felt he had so much potential his rookie year and has lost focus and appears to not have his heart in the game many games. He's not utilizing his shot.

John Moore. Looking good and playing sound defense. He elevates his partners play. Whether it is Prout or Goloubef, they are better because of him.

Tomas Kubalik. Has been playing more physical this season so far. Going into the corners, standing in front of the net which is what he needs to do since he is so big.

Cam Atkinson. Playing OK, I know he can be much better. I think he needs to have consistency with a line to get chemistry going. Larsen broke up Cam-RyJo-JAM which I felt given a few games would be great.

Ryan Johansen. His shootout goal on Saturday in the Falcons loss was disgusting. I knew it would be a beauty, so I just sat back in my seat and watched in awe. He's not dominating, but you can see he's gaining experience and adjusting to the pro game more which will help his NHL career. Agree or disagree, I felt Ryan was not ready to be in the NHL full time last season and this helps him.

I will posted more later this week.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
phillipsj89

Speaking of ECHL. Why the heck was Madaisky sent down to Evansville? honestly, I have seen my fair share of ECHL games and that league is full of players who don't care anymore. Wouldn't one think sending him back to junior to play top minutes in crucial situations on a team destined for championships this year would be better? I know im not the only one who thinks this and It's not just my blazers fandom speaking.

ERG

Old
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Speaking of ECHL. Why the heck was Madaisky sent down to Evansville? honestly, I have seen my fair share of ECHL games and that league is full of players who don't care anymore. Wouldn't one think sending him back to junior to play top minutes in crucial situations on a team destined for championships this year would be better? I know im not the only one who thinks this and It's not just my blazers fandom speaking.

ERG
If I had a nickle for each time I've heard "Send to this place so they can get crucial top minutes for these yada-yada-yada reasons", I'd had at least a buck.

The answer, I am sure I can tell you that we don't really know unless Howson or another person spoke up. Which they probably won't.

Everyone thinks the minutes they are proposing are the most useful to a developing player. Frankly I've questioned the value of over aged players in juniors, which I think it what we are talking about here.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:14 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
If I had a nickle for each time I've heard "Send to this place so they can get crucial top minutes for these yada-yada-yada reasons", I'd had at least a buck.

The answer, I am sure I can tell you that we don't really know unless Howson or another person spoke up. Which they probably won't.

Everyone thinks the minutes they are proposing are the most useful to a developing player. Frankly I've questioned the value of over aged players in juniors, which I think it what we are talking about here.
You do relaize it is quite possible that Kamloops could make it to the Memorial Cup? A tournament that some NHL players who have won multiple stanley cups, say was the most beneficial thing to their development. Many say it is a harder trophy to win then the Stanley Cup, and thus any player who has a chance to play in one, should get to.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:

ERG

Because when/if the lockout ends this season he can recalled to Springfield where he should be playing. If he is sent back to Kamloops, he cannot be re-called to Springfield. Easy as that I believe. I know Blazers fans are not happy along with some Falcon and Jacket fans, it's the nature of the lockout season.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:33 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Because when/if the lockout ends this season he can recalled to Springfield where he should be playing. If he is sent back to Kamloops, he cannot be re-called to Springfield. Easy as that I believe. I know Blazers fans are not happy along with some Falcon and Jacket fans, it's the nature of the lockout season.
I understand that rationale, but that is not the case. NHL Teams were allowed to supply a list to the CHL that had players who may or may not be called up to either NHL camps, or AHL rosters once the lockout was over. I simply do not understand this move.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I understand that rationale, but that is not the case. NHL Teams were allowed to supply a list to the CHL that had players who may or may not be called up to either NHL camps, or AHL rosters once the lockout was over. I simply do not understand this move.
Clearly, you do understand, you just don't agree. Fine, but that doesn't mean you're right and the wrong move has been made. Time will tell.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Was Austin Madaisky on that list?

It's my understanding that the list only included mostly high level prospects; Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner were the (only) two names from the Jackets that I recall seeing mentioned. I could be wrong, though.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:50 AM
blahblah

Quote:
You do relaize it is quite possible that Kamloops could make it to the Memorial Cup? A tournament that some NHL players who have won multiple stanley cups, say was the most beneficial thing to their development. Many say it is a harder trophy to win then the Stanley Cup, and thus any player who has a chance to play in one, should get to.
And do you understand I've heard this same argument numerous times? Yet for some unknown reason, what you describe continues to occur. Evidently someone doesn't agree with you.

Frankly, I don't know why you guys rant on the host board. It's not like we have any say or special insight. If you look at our AHL team, you know what is going on there.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
And do you understand I've heard this same argument numerous times? Yet for some unknown reason, what you describe continues to occur. Evidently someone doesn't agree with you.

Frankly, I don't know why you guys rant on the host board. It's not like we have any say or special insight. If you look at our AHL team, you know what is going on there.
Get off your high horse, a forum is for discussion, that is what im doing. And you surely can't be talking about Columbus' prospects. How did Brule turn out...oh ya, pls don't do the same with Murray, he is a great talent just like Brule was.

Last edited by phillipsj89: 10-31-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 01:57 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Get off your high horse, a forum is for discussion, that is what im doing. And you surely can't be talking about Columbus' prospects. How did Brule turn out...oh ya, pls don't do the same with Murray, he is a great talent just like Brule was.
See, now how do WE, as in the fans, have any control over what the CBJ do with Murray? General belief is he is ready for NHL action right now, and Brule wasn't. Its also two different eras in the CBJ offices. MacLean era of drafting and rushing prospects, the Brule way. Howson era of drafting good talent with bad development or poor character. Now its the Davidson way. I get you're upset you may not get Madaisky back, but you have to think Howson and co. know what's best for him and his future. As others have stated, what's the good in dominating a league you're too good for? Might as well get a grasp on the pro hockey ways.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:28 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
See, now how do WE, as in the fans, have any control over what the CBJ do with Murray? General belief is he is ready for NHL action right now, and Brule wasn't. Its also two different eras in the CBJ offices. MacLean era of drafting and rushing prospects, the Brule way. Howson era of drafting good talent with bad development or poor character. Now its the Davidson way. I get you're upset you may not get Madaisky back, but you have to think Howson and co. know what's best for him and his future. As others have stated, what's the good in dominating a league you're too good for? Might as well get a grasp on the pro hockey ways.
ECHL is far from Pro Hockey, even if it's is considered some sort of pro. Honestly, The Blazers don't need Madaisky, Madaisky needs the Blazers, or rather, the experience he will gain from playing (most likely) deep into the playoffs and quite possibly into the memorial cup against the best junior teams in Canada

Closed Thread