HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
alphafox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
You play to win the game.

And if you don't there's no reason to play.
Absolutely, agree. If you play you play to win. I guess I just tend to think that there is only one winning team and 29 losing teams.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
2007 was the 1st draft for Davidson in St.Louis and Howson in Columbus. If you look past the 1st round you wouldn't find any legit NHLers drafted by the Blues during that period.
Columbus' non-1st round picks with NHL experience: York, Mayorov, Calvert, Kubalik, Atkinson, Prout, Savard. 2-3 of those guys are gonna be on the Jackets roster when the season starts.
St.Louis' non-1st round picks with NHL experience: Phil MacRae and Aaron Palushaj. And nothing else. Where is all the talent Davidson can find "in every round"? Am I missing something?
Of those mentioned the only one I'm thinking could be a long term player is CAM. Maybe Savard but from what I here from those who watch him he's not a sure shot. And as for those with experience, did it ever occur to you that they only have it because the parent team sucked?

Old
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
slightlystewpid420

Calvert, Atkinson and possibly Savard will be on the team when the team starts of those players listed i believe.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Of those mentioned the only one I'm thinking could be a long term player is CAM. Maybe Savard but from what I here from those who watch him he's not a sure shot. And as for those with experience, did it ever occur to you that they only have it because the parent team sucked?
What is your point? Are you wanna argue that the Blues drafted in the late rounds better than the Jackets? Or they have better prospects? SoreLoser said that Davidson has a good draft record, the reality doesn't support his statement. That's all.
It doesn't matter if the "parent team sucked" or not. All what matters is how they performed in the NHL and I think they were doing pretty well and proved they've got future.
Calvert, Savard and Cam are all gonna be fighting for the spots on the roster. MacFarland just said that Erixon is thinking the game as good as Savard... Did you hear his or someone else's opinion on Savard ? Also they were saying some good things about Calvert. And their opinion is all what actually matters.

Last edited by bizzz*: 11-06-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old
11-06-2012, 11:53 PM
EspenK

Quote:
What is your point? Are you wanna argue that the Blues drafted in the late rounds better than the Jackets? Or they have better prospects? SoreLoser said that Davidson has a good draft record, the reality doesn't support his statement. That's all.
It doesn't matter if the "parent team sucked" or not. All what matters is how they performed in the NHL and I think they were doing pretty well and proved they've got future.
Calvert, Savard and Cam are all gonna be fighting for the spots on the roster. MacFarland just said that Erixon is thinking the game as good as Savard... Did you hear his or someone else's opinion on Savard ? Also they were saying some good things about Calvert. And their opinion is all what actually matters.
My point is that the Jackets later round drafting wasn't so hot either. Maybe better than St L but not great.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
My point is that the Jackets later round drafting wasn't so hot either. Maybe better than St L but not great.
Nobody's is really.

What we need to work on is the early round drafting and development.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Nobody's is really.

What we need to work on is the early round drafting and development.
Especially development.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:03 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Especially development.
Now if only we could get a touch of luck..

Old
11-07-2012, 05:18 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
How is Erixon looking? I saw that he had a monster game the other day. Has he been good this season so far?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
How is Erixon looking? I saw that he had a monster game the other day. Has he been good this season so far?
He needs to work on his defense. When he is beat, he takes penalties. He has a good shot. Which is a plus.

It was not a monster game...CT was just that bad.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
I've NEVER said that the Jackets late round drafting was GREAT. You're saying here the same things I've posted before, but for some reason desided to argue with me in your previous post. In one game Calvert scored more goal than ALL the St.Louis later draft picks comined in their careers, but for some reason you just decided to take a shot at him and other Blue Jackets prospects by saying that "only one could be a long term player is CAM". That's just wrong.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:09 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I've NEVER said that the Jackets late round drafting was GREAT.
This is where I start to separate myself from some of the other posters around here. We have many late round picks from the last few years that are really part of the discussion here with the CBJ. Especially from that 2008 draft not to mention that 2011 draft.

If just a couple of these produce it will be huge for the organization. I still think that 2008 draft will go down in 5 years as the best draft this organization will have seen by a monumental amount. Hell even Collins has an outside shot at a bottom six role on this team and, at the very least, should be a career AHL'er. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

That 2010 draft was probably our weakest since Howson came on board.

Jenner just looks like he is going to be a real contributor to this team in a couple of years and I consider anything beyond round 1 "late round".

Sooner or later Springfield was really going to benefit from our drafting. It looks like it's starting this year. I'm hoping some of these players translate to the big club.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
EspenK

Quote:
I've NEVER said that the Jackets late round drafting was GREAT. You're saying here the same things I've posted before, but for some reason desided to argue with me in your previous post. In one game Calvert scored more goal than ALL the St.Louis later draft picks comined in their careers, but for some reason you just decided to take a shot at him and other Blue Jackets prospects by saying that "only one could be a long term player is CAM". That's just wrong.

You must be having a bad day. I'm not arguing with you just stating my point of view. Hey too bad we didn't get Pavelski-I think he was just what we needed. Luckily we didn't have totake a chance on picking a Russian when Edmonton grabbed Yakapov.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:42 AM
DoggyII

Springfield Peeps, I am coming down for the game tonight and have never been to the MassMutual Center. I like to be around center ice about 1/3 up. Any suggestions on which section I should choose (9 or 24)? Do I need to buy tix in advance or is "at the door" OK (realizing it is Friday night)? I saw some twosome seats (Row H), they have the aisle on one side and a grey area on the seating chart on the other. I assume there is a railing there, do they obscure the views?

What about the parking situation...never actually been off the highway in Springfield...I always zip by on I-91 traveling between CT and NH (sorry). Although I had heard about an awesome ice cream place where they make their own...somewhere just South of the city center.

Last question...any decent food inside the arena? I likely won't have a chance to get some dinner before the game...any decent concessions inside the arena.

Last edited by DoggyII: 11-09-2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added questions
Old
11-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post
Springfield Peeps, I am coming down for the game tonight and have never been to the MassMutual Center. I like to be around center ice about 1/3 up. Any suggestions on which section I should choose (9 or 24)? Do I need to buy tix in advance or is "at the door" OK (realizing it is Friday night)? I saw some twosome seats (Row H), they have the aisle on one side and a grey area on the seating chart on the other. I assume there is a railing there, do they obscure the views?

What about the parking situation...never actually been off the highway in Springfield...I always zip by on I-91 traveling between CT and NH (sorry). Although I had heard about an awesome ice cream place where they make their own...somewhere just South of the city center.

Last question...any decent food inside the arena? I likely won't have a chance to get some dinner before the game...any decent concessions inside the arena.
Row H in section 9 does have an obstructed view when the handicapped seats are being used between 9 upper and lower. Park in the garage. And the Grille inside has decent arena food, the burgers and chicken are OK, the burgers are grilled when ordered, not sitting in hot water like many arenas. Yuck. Tonight is Word of Life night, lots of screaming teens and kids on a religious field trip. Just a warning, as it can be a loud and obnoxious setting with them.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
ndd17

If anyone will be links to the match, share. While on http://www.usagoals.com/ аnd http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html none.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
HockeyStreams.com supposedly has one, but they insist on payment. They were pretty decent last time I tried them, but I had to give up on regular payments there thanks to economic hardship.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
11-09-2012, 06:59 PM
bizzz*

That guy Sean Collins should be pretty good. He's playing for both teams at the same time tonight. #25 for the Whale and #17 for the Falcons.
The shots are 18-7 after the 1st period and no goals. Looks like the Whale has Lundkvist in net.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
FALCONS SCORE! Tim Erixon blasts one in from the blue line at 1:03...1-0 Springfield!
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...82869715898368
Quote:
JAM and Kubalik had the assists
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...83086909542400

Old
11-09-2012, 08:13 PM
ndd17

I sit myself, I watch on twitter

Old
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
bizzz*

TimErixon doesn't like his former team. He also hit the post.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
FALCONS SCORE! Tim Erixon with another goal, this time a rocket from the high slot...2-0 Springfield with 6:05 to go in the third!
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...89675808808960
Quote:
Erixon has matched his 2011-2012 goal output in just two games against Connecticut
http://twitter.com/TheFalconsAHL/sta...89948186902528

Awesome!

Old
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
ndd17

All with win!!!!

Old
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
FlaggerX

Two goals for Erixon and the Falcons are 7-1-2. And McIlhenny only faced 20 shots, even with an extended 5-on-3. Jenner really looks like he's taking a real step forward, though he'll probably never be a top-sixer. I'd say the future is looking much brighter

Old
11-09-2012, 09:46 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Two goals for Erixon and the Falcons are 7-1-2. And McIlhenny only faced 20 shots, even with an extended 5-on-3. Jenner really looks like he's taking a real step forward, though he'll probably never be a top-sixer. I'd say the future is looking much brighter
But Jenner doesn't play for Springfield. He's in the OHL.

Closed Thread