HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 02:28 PM
leoleo3535

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Look guys, just admit the move to the ECHL was a HORRIBLE ONE
1st and foremost it is sad that he got injured.

Having said this an injury can happen anywhere/any league.
Look no further than CBJ propsect Murray who was injured....in the WHL.

Look no further than Austin's buddies in Kamloops- Willick and DePape.
DePape announced his retirement from the WHL last night.

FYI- Austin was not injured with Evansville....he was injured in the AHL.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
1st and foremost it is sad that he got injured.

Having said this an injury can happen anywhere/any league.
Look no further than CBJ propsect Murray who was injured....in the WHL.

Look no further than Austin's buddies in Kamloops- Willick and DePape.
DePape announced his retirement from the WHL last night.

FYI- Austin was not injured with Evansville....he was injured in the AHL.
Are you sure about that? He hasn't played in the AHL AFAIK...

Old
11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
- D Austin Madaisky, who got squeezed out of Springfield by a plethora of defenseman on the roster, will have wrist surgery this week and is expected to miss three months. He had been playing with the Blue Jackets' ECHL affiliate in Evansville. Masaisky was a fifth-round pick (No. 124 overall) in the 2010 draft.
-- Aaron Portzline

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-shoulder.html

great job guys! uhg, knew it was a bad idea having dicer playing in the ECHL
Yes, because there's no way this could've ever happened in the AHL or WHL. The CBJ should keep all their prized prospects in padded, sealed chambers where they can't get hurt. Whoopsie.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:58 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Look guys, just admit the move to the ECHL was a HORRIBLE ONE
Why? You keep saying this, but you can't justify it in any meaningful way. The point is to have the kid play and in the ECHL, he could play, build confidence, etc. I'm sure he could have done it in the WHL too, but there are a lot of reasons why they could have chosen one over the other, not the least of which could be that it's what's best for him. IMO, it never hurts a prospect to start learning how to play against men and 'be a pro' as long as there's room for him to actually play.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Are you sure about that? He hasn't played in the AHL AFAIK...
According to Austin himself -
"Madaisky also said that he wasn’t injured while playing with the IceMen. He said the wrist has bothered him since he was in camp with the AHL-Springfield Falcons. . . "

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/

Old
11-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
According to Austin himself -
"Madaisky also said that he wasn’t injured while playing with the IceMen. He said the wrist has bothered him since he was in camp with the AHL-Springfield Falcons. . . "

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/
Thanks for that info. Wasn't aware of that.

11-18-2012, 04:49 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Why? You keep saying this, but you can't justify it in any meaningful way. The point is to have the kid play and in the ECHL, he could play, build confidence, etc. I'm sure he could have done it in the WHL too, but there are a lot of reasons why they could have chosen one over the other, not the least of which could be that it's what's best for him. IMO, it never hurts a prospect to start learning how to play against men and 'be a pro' as long as there's room for him to actually play.

okay, This is my last post on this thread. You don't gain confidence from playing in a league with a bunch of misfits (barely pro) and playing on a bad team. Ill say this again. THE EXPERIENCE he would have gain in kamloops is INVALUABLE. The experience he had in the echl is probably going to do nothing, if not push his development back. He would have been playing top minutes in the BEST, let me repeat that, THE BEST delevopment league in the WORLD. you guys are impossible

Old
11-18-2012, 05:06 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
okay, This is my last post on this thread. You don't gain confidence from playing in a league with a bunch of misfits (barely pro) and playing on a bad team. Ill say this again. THE EXPERIENCE he would have gain in kamloops is INVALUABLE. The experience he had in the echl is probably going to do nothing, if not push his development back. He would have been playing top minutes in the BEST, let me repeat that, THE BEST delevopment league in the WORLD. you guys are impossible
Seems to me that the average WHL player would be lucky to make this 'league of misfits' after their junior career.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
I agree with you re Kamloops, however-

CBJ did the right thing with Austin....they wanted him available for AHL/NHL and if and when the CBA is settled....sending him back to Kamloops would void him from playing.

As stated his injury is unfortunate...did not occur in the ECHL etc.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
We're impossible?

You keep ignoring the fact that everyone is pointing out to you that you're wrong - the ECHL is a solid league with solid players - many of whom developed in the "best development league in the world". While I'm about the biggest supporter of WHL hockey that you're likely to find on these boards, making blind, open-ended statements like that is incredulous. The OHL produces more high end talent, and there is so much talent coming from overseas now, that it's hard to say something like that. You don't even acknowledge my comment about the quality of players playing in the ECHL - you just blindly tell us, continuously, that we're all wrong, without giving any justifiable reason - other than the fact that you don't like the ECHL. Your opinion, fair enough - but that doesn't make you right.

And I know you said it's your last post in this thread, but you've said that once before. You're wrong, completely - you didn't even acknowledge the admittance from the player himself that the injury likely occurred in training camp in the AHL.

I would ask your age, but I think I already have an idea.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
We're impossible?

You keep ignoring the fact that everyone is pointing out to you that you're wrong - the ECHL is a solid league with solid players - many of whom developed in the "best development league in the world". While I'm about the biggest supporter of WHL hockey that you're likely to find on these boards, making blind, open-ended statements like that is incredulous. The OHL produces more high end talent, and there is so much talent coming from overseas now, that it's hard to say something like that. You don't even acknowledge my comment about the quality of players playing in the ECHL - you just blindly tell us, continuously, that we're all wrong, without giving any justifiable reason - other than the fact that you don't like the ECHL. Your opinion, fair enough - but that doesn't make you right.

And I know you said it's your last post in this thread, but you've said that once before. You're wrong, completely - you didn't even acknowledge the admittance from the player himself that the injury likely occurred in training camp in the AHL.

I would ask your age, but I think I already have an idea.
I am 24 and lived in victoria for 2 years where i attended MANY probably 40 or so games. It was baddddd hockey, only reason i went are because the tickets were free. I mean the WHL in victoria has higher attendance, what does that tell you.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:22 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
I am 24 and lived in victoria for 2 years where i attended MANY probably 40 or so games. It was baddddd hockey, only reason i went are because the tickets were free. I mean the WHL in victoria has higher attendance, what does that tell you.
Keep in mind that 99% of the players in the ECHL come from junior and NCAA.

So what you are watching in the E are ex WHL(CHL) players and ex NCAA players who are now 21 yrs old plus.
Take any WHL/CHL roster and the majority will never come close to playing at the ECHL level.

The above is a fact so it is hard to fathom your point.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:23 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Keep in mind that 99% of the players in the ECHL come from junior and NCAA.

So what you are watching in the E are ex WHL(CHL) players and ex NCAA players who are now 21 yrs old plus.
Take any WHL/CHL roster and the majority will never come close to playing at the ECHL level.

The above is a fact so it is hard to fathom your point.
Have any of you actually played hockey? you just don't get it, The echl is a place where players who want to live the "life" of a hockey player go. They don't want to get a real job and they know they have .5% chance of making it big, so they DONT CARE.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Have any of you actually played hockey? you just don't get it, The echl is a place where players who want to live the "life" of a hockey player go. They don't want to get a real job and they know they have .5% chance of making it big, so they DONT CARE.
Well, it's a good thing that no one in Columbus knows anything about the ECHL.

It's not like we had 8 years of one of the most fanatically-followed franchises in the history of minor hockey, had the local rinks named after them, and still have one of the local youth leagues named after them. It's not like any one of us ever played alongside these guys, were coached by them, or have had the chance to compare them to actual NHL players. No no, we'll take the word of someone who clearly knows better than any of us do.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Are you implying that anyone that plays hockey could make the ECHL? I'd love that! Hell, I bet less than 35% of junior players go on to play even in that league. Players in that league are some of the players that weren't the best in juniors, but were above average. The average junior player doesn't go on to have a career in hockey. The quality of play in the ECHL is stronger than the WHL, even if the players 'don't care'. Most of us here even AGREE with you that he should be playing in Kamloops, we're just sick of your *****ing that the ECHL somehow caused this injury. The guy suffered a way more gruesome injury playing in the WHL! We get it, you wish he was playing for your hometown team. Just don't insinuate that somehow the Jackets, or even us, the fans, caused this injury because you're ******** that he's not playing for your already stacked team. He's not going to be in juniors forever. The Jackets management did what they thought was best for his development. Because he's their player. Not yours.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

It's obvious to me guys - he's smarter than we are, because he's Canadian, and we are all southern redneck "hawkey folkle" that don't deserve an NHL team. Which, naturally, makes it our fault that a depth prospect in our system suffered an injury which keeps him out of being sent back to the WHL to play for a team which recently lost two of it's overage players to injury - one of them career ending.

Yes, clearly, we are the morons here.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
It's obvious to me guys - he's smarter than we are, because he's Canadian, and we are all southern redneck "hawkey folkle" that don't deserve an NHL team. Which, naturally, makes it our fault that a depth prospect in our system suffered an injury which keeps him out of being sent back to the WHL to play for a team which recently lost two of it's overage players to injury - one of them career ending.

Yes, clearly, we are the morons here.
Funny thing is that at least two CBJ fans in this thread own Kamloops Blazers game jerseys. So if we're the rubes who know nothing, then...

Old
11-19-2012, 12:08 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Yes, I have played hockey before. And every shift I played I cared, and I didn't play for money and were not two leagues away from being an NHL player. I'm pretty sure if someone is two leagues away from being an NHLer, they cared about there next shift 5x more than I ever did for mine, and I always cared.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Juniorhockeyguru

Well this is the thing. And I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but the truth is Columbus has never had any clue how to develop prospects. Madaisky is a solid prospect. Now someone said that Columbus thought he was too good for the WHL, well that really doesn't hold alot of water seeing as the Blue Jackets management have almost no clue on who's NHL ready and who's not judging from their track record.

With this injury there is no chance that Madaisky can be sent back to Kamloops where he would of been a HUGE piece to a Championship contender. When he's ready to return in 3 months, the deadline for sending back players to junior will be long past. That there is what I think the Blazer fan was getting at.

I hope you guys aren't ignoring the proof of just how bad the Blue Jackets management are and easily the worst in the NHL.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:41 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyguru View Post
Well this is the thing. And I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but the truth is Columbus has never had any clue how to develop prospects. Madaisky is a solid prospect. Now someone said that Columbus thought he was too good for the WHL, well that really doesn't hold alot of water seeing as the Blue Jackets management have almost no clue on who's NHL ready and who's not judging from their track record.

With this injury there is no chance that Madaisky can be sent back to Kamloops where he would of been a HUGE piece to a Championship contender. When he's ready to return in 3 months, the deadline for sending back players to junior will be long past. That there is what I think the Blazer fan was getting at.

I hope you guys aren't ignoring the proof of just how bad the Blue Jackets management are and easily the worst in the NHL.
That was the jackets of old, a few changes have been made. Jackets maybe a cluster**** right now from previous management, but things are definitely looking up. You trying restocking a depth chart. Howsons done a pretty good job and the people he has around him now should, SHOULD turn the organization around.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:09 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So much self-assurence in only 24 years!

Quote:
So every decision ever made is wrong and the future is doomed.

Gentlemen, you've expressed your opinions and each of us will assign our own value to them. I know I have. Thanks.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:54 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:

Name the last player that the Jackets mishandled. I assume you'd pick either Mason or Filatov. Filatov was a decent time ago, and I think the fact that he also struggled with Ottawa proves he wasn't 'ruined' by the Jackets, but he just wasn't cut out for the work in the NHL. And with a rookie year like Mason had, I'm damn sure just about any other team would've done exactly what the Jackets did. There have been many more prospects handled correctly in recent years than there have been handled 'incorrectly' which is debatable as it is. Savard, Moore, Atkinson, Kubalik, Calvert, Goloubef, Voracek, and even Johansen were/ are handled absolutely how they should've been.

Madaisky is being handled fine and would've been playing in the AHL if not for the lockout. Don't even bother trying to argue the WHL is a better league than the AHL.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
No, despite it being stated in this thread several times in very clear fashion, it's you that doesn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
The club obviously wanted him to be available to Springfield in case of injury to others and/or the promotion of the likes of Moore, Savard, Erixon, etc. if/when the NHL season starts, and they obviously wanted him to get playing time while being available for call-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
If the lockout ends, Springfield could very well lose 3 defensemen. Madiasky would probably slide up to Springfield.
Quote:
CBJ did the right thing with Austin....they wanted him available for AHL/NHL and if and when the CBA is settled....sending him back to Kamloops would void him from playing.
I suggest you ease up on the attitude and settle for having had the opportunity to express your displeasure with the Madaisky assignment. And perhaps take your own advice from post #882. Thanks.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:

We've already established that Madiasky broke his hand in AHL camp. So certainly you're guruness can see that the injury has nothing to do with him being sent to the ECHL.

I agree, it wasn't a good decision. But you can't blame the Jackets for not having the foresight to see that he was going to get injured in training camp.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:

When you call someone the worst there is, what other way is there to take it?

And your "proof" is nothing more than your opinion. There were/are just as many valid reasons to have sent him to Evansville as there were to send him back to Juniors.

Meaning no disrespect, of course.

I post, therefore I am.
Closed Thread