HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
C77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
He said he was feeling a lot better when I talked to him last night. Thinks it is a muscle injury, not serious. Was not limping.

Kubalik is still limping, he was expected back this past weekend. Best to keep him out until he is healthy and not injure himself further.

I will have a write up tomorrow or Wed. depending on my schedule. Overall good weekend though, bright spots in both games and a few mistakes caught the guys Sat. night.

Thank you. I'm glad to see that it should be short term with Moore so that he can continue developing.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
jacks johnson

Springfield signs Manny Legace to PTO

Aportzline Aaron Portzline
AHL Springfield signs veteran G Manny Legace to a PTO.
48 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
Aportzline Aaron Portzline
AHL Springfield signs veteran G Manny Legace to a PTO.
48 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Sounds good to me.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

So that's a Springfield-only deal?

Old
10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
So that's a Springfield-only deal?
It's a try out contract. From there they can work out a one way or two way deal if appropriate. Not a lot of reason for a goalie to PTO at the NHL level unless you need him to play backup only (basically like they did the other day) or are going to drop him in the lineup.

Guy needs some work (his game) and I assume they want to see if he has anything left for the NHL level.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Man, I sure hope this isn't the answer to our problems in net...

Old
10-20-2011, 11:03 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Man, I sure hope this isn't the answer to our problems in net...
More likely it will be Springfield's answer in net when we steal York for 2-4 weeks while Dekanich and Sanford heal their boo-boos.

Old
10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

or maybe the answer on it that york will be the second g-man here and mason traded for Rask...

Old
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Not surprised by the move, need depth, but I personally don't have a lot of great love for Legace...

Old
10-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
or maybe the answer on it that york will be the second g-man here and mason traded for Rask...
Stop teasing....

Old
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
More likely it will be Springfield's answer in net when we steal York for 2-4 weeks while Dekanich and Sanford heal their boo-boos.
Spot on IMHO.

Old
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
Is what I was thinking.

Old
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Is what I was thinking.
i thought it was straight forward?

Old
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:

Not Tuuka Rask ... Jonathan Bernier or Cory Schneider!

Old
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:

I'd ask why not, but it's not worth it.

All 3 of those goalies are better than Mason

Old
10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I'd ask why not, but it's not worth it.

All 3 of those goalies are better than Mason
I simply think Bernier and Schneider have higher upsides than Rask, and might be grabbed at lower cost. Jonathan Quick's emergence with the Kings continues, and they have plenty of assets to go around - I think we could not only snag Bernier, but also possibly a prospect or pick, depending on what we give up. Same with Vancouver - Luongo is in net until the year 3000, and they simply won't be able to get as much for Schneider, for this reason.

Now, take into consideration, Tuuka Rask ... the heir apparent in Boston. Tim Thomas is nearing 40, and the Bs will need a replacement at some point. For this reason, I think the cost on Rask will be substantially higher - not to mention the Phil Kessel and Tomas Kaberle trades, in which Peter Ciarelli absolutely duped one of the most coy general managers in the game. If he can throw Brian Burke for those kind of loops, what do you think he would do to Scott Howson, who desperately needs to address his goaltending situation?

There, I elaborated. I have nothing against Rask, but I think we would end up over paying for him.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
I simply think Bernier and Schneider have higher upsides than Rask, and might be grabbed at lower cost. Jonathan Quick's emergence with the Kings continues, and they have plenty of assets to go around - I think we could not only snag Bernier, but also possibly a prospect or pick, depending on what we give up. Same with Vancouver - Luongo is in net until the year 3000, and they simply won't be able to get as much for Schneider, for this reason.

Now, take into consideration, Tuuka Rask ... the heir apparent in Boston. Tim Thomas is nearing 40, and the Bs will need a replacement at some point. For this reason, I think the cost on Rask will be substantially higher - not to mention the Phil Kessel and Tomas Kaberle trades, in which Peter Ciarelli absolutely duped one of the most coy general managers in the game. If he can throw Brian Burke for those kind of loops, what do you think he would do to Scott Howson, who desperately needs to address his goaltending situation?

There, I elaborated. I have nothing against Rask, but I think we would end up over paying for him.
Do you really think Boston won the Kaberle trade? They got Joe Colborne, a first and a second round pick for Kaberle who Boston didn't even re-sign. Personally I always thought Burke somewhat made up for the Kessel trade (which is also not looking too bad right now) with the Kaberle trade.

Old
10-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

boston got a cup...so yeah...i'd say they won it...

Old
10-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
True, but did Kaberle do much to help them win it? He wasn't exactly good for them, and they gave up a lot to get him. I was also referring to the trade being referenced as Chiarelli duping Burke, when it was at best an even trade.

Last edited by Hipster Letestu: 10-21-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old
10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i get that...and yeah, it wasn't a duping like the kessel trade...but in the end, boston won the cup, so in my book, the deal worked perfectly for boston...

Old
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Boy, I joked it was not thought seriously But Rask is better than Jonathan Bernier.

Old
10-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Do you really think Boston won the Kaberle trade? They got Joe Colborne, a first and a second round pick for Kaberle who Boston didn't even re-sign. Personally I always thought Burke somewhat made up for the Kessel trade (which is also not looking too bad right now) with the Kaberle trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
This was more of my point than anything.

Looking at both trades, in the most simplistic form: Boston gets a lottery pick, a 9th overall pick, and a Stanley Cup. Toronto gets a late first rounder, Joe Colbourne and Phil Kessel (I know there are other pieces involved here, but just for debate's sake) ... if I'm a Bruins fan, I'm laughing all the way to the bar (pun intended).

Quote:
Boy, I joked it was not thought seriously But Rask is better than Jonathan Bernier.

...opinion, we could go round and round over this

Old
10-21-2011, 10:16 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Explanation of Legace signing (from The Cannon):

Bruce Landon's latest blog clears up the signing of Manny Legace to a PTO today. Bruce, take it away:

"This resulted in the recall of Dan Taylor, who played very well on Sunday in a win over Manchester. However, Taylor had to go back to Canada to get his immigration situation cleared up, which triggered a number of calls between me and the lady who handles immigration for the Blue Jackets. We put Taylor on a flight home and are hopeful that his status will be straightened out so he can return in time to play this weekend."

So, unless Taylor resolves immigration, the Falcons duo for the upcoming weekend looks to be Paul Dainton and Manny Legace.

Old
10-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
So, unless Taylor resolves immigration, the Falcons duo for the upcoming weekend looks to be Paul Dainton and Manny Legace.
If you had told me at the beginning of the year that this would be the case I would have thought we would be winless... oh...

Old
10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Hockeygirl2748

10/14-10/16

Sorry for the delay in posting last weekends review, busy week!

10/14 @ Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

The Falcons won 7-4. Good offensive effort, mediocre defense and goaltending. The big news out the the game was Allen York had to leave the game when his shoulder popped out after being run over by Paul Thompson. Of course, Allen is fine and with Columbus now.

Martin St. Pierre opened the scoring at 1:48 of the 1st period on the PP. The goal came off a rebound of a Cody Goloubef shot. Assists to Goloubef & Wade MacLeod.

Nick Drazenovic scored at 4:52 of the 1st shorthanded. Adam Mair made a nice pass to Draz who knocked it home. Assist to Mair.

Mike Thomas scored at 11:01 of the 2nd period. Assist going to Ryan Garlock.

Cam Atkinson scored a PP goal at 15:08 of the 2nd. St. Pierre made a cross ice pass to Atkinson who buried the puck. Nice set-up. Assists to St. Pierre & Nick Holden.

John Moore scored on the same PP, which was a 5 on 3 when Cam scored. 16:09 of the 2nd was the time of the goal. Assists to Cody Bass & Nick Drazenovic.

Ryan Russell scored his 1st goal of the season at 2:19 of the 3rd period. Assists to Andrew Joudrey & Adam Mair.

Oliver Gabriel closed the scoring for the Falcons at 13:38 of the 3rd. Assists to Garlock & Thomas.

Allen York was solid before the injury stopping 12 of 13 shots. Paul Dainton stopped 16 of 19.

10/15 v.s. Providence Bruins

The Falcons lost 4-1. They did not have enough jump throughout the game and Anton Khudobin did play well for the Bruins is goal.

The lone goal was scored by Dane Byers from in front the goal at 9:07 of the 3rd on the PP. Assists to Drazenovic & Brent Regner.

Paint Dainton stopped 16 of 19 shots. 1 was a deflection, he had no real chance on it. The 3rd goal was 5 hole, just a bad goal.

Nick Holden had a rare off game. He seemed disinterested in the play. He was a -2 on the night.

Cody Goloubef struggled a bit, but looked much better than last season.

Atkinson was all over the ice trying to create offense, glad to see the demotion did not get him too down.

10/16 v.s. Manchester Monarchs

Falcons won 5-3.

Dane Byers opened the scoring for the Falcons at 17:54 of the 1st on the PP. Assists to Goloubef and Draz.

Martin St. Pierre scored just :38 later to then tie the game at 2-2. Wade MacLeod made a nice pass to St. Pierre who was in close to the goal. Assists to MacLeod & Atkinson.

Ryan Russell scored his 1st goal of the night, a SH goal at 3:46 of the 2nd. The Monarchs turned the puck over and Russell made them pay for it. Beauty of the SH'er. Assists to Ryan Garlock & Nick Holden.

Dalton Prout scored his 1st professional goal. 16:36 of the 2nd period from the point. Assists to Goloubef & Draz.

Ryan Russell closed the scoring at 11:25 of the 3rd period. Unassisted. Two Monarchs fell at inside their blueline and Russell took the puck in and put it past Zatkoff.

Danny Taylor had 38 saves on the day. Solid performance. Hopefully he can get his immigration issues resolved in Canada, I would be willing to take him as a backup over Dainton right now.

3 fights during the game

Anton Blomqvist v.s. Richard Clune

Clune dominated Blomqvist. He was unloading on Blomqvist, who could not even get punches off to land. Blomqvist looked dazed after the fight, but stayed in the game. Blomqvist got his clock cleaned. Clune received an extra minor for roughing and a 10 minute misconduct. Pretty sure it was for beating Blomer so badly.

Cody Bass v.s. Jordan Nolan

Bass fell before the fight could start. He pulled Nolan on top of him and kept punching Nolan, who was on top and did not land any shots. Easy win for Bass. Both received only minors.

Cody Bass v.s. Dwight King

Good fight with both guys landing good punches. I felt it was an even fight overall.

Much better day for the entire team.

Holden seemed to be more engaged in the play.

Goloubef needs to not take so many penalties, and many of them are lazy plays, hoooking, holding, etc..

Steven Delisle belongs in the ECHL, skating is awful, positioning is bad also. Probably why he only gets a few shifts a night along with his partner Blomqvist.

The signing of Manny Legace to a PTO...if he plays well, it's wonderful. If not, cut him soon and hope for Taylor to get through his immigration issues asap!

This weekend the Falcons play another 3 in 3. The team is home tonight v.s. the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, home Saturday v.s. CT Whale and Sunday they are @ CT. I will be live tweeting tonight and tomorrow. Cannot make the game Sunday due to a walk for Breast Cancer, 1st Falcons game in Hartford I have missed in many years. All for a good cause!

Closed Thread