HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Adamhockeyp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelaces View Post
Does Dex get the start tonight?
Dekanich didn't make the trip with the team. Won't start for another week or so.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Hockeygirl2748

The Falcons play 2 big games this weekend against the Providence Bruins at home tonight and in Hartford v.s. the CT Whale tomorrow afternoon at 5pm.

Anton Blomqvist looks to make his return to the line-up tonight after being out with a concussion for 2 months.

A quick update on how the prospects have looked for the Falcons this month.

Cam Atkinson has looked like best player on the Falcons every game. Needs to be able to finish plays more and he will be int he NHL very soon. I also feel as though he has not always had linemates that suit him well. I am hoping when Wade MacLeod is back from his broekn wrist coach Riley will put them together. They click tremendously.

David Savard has improved some over his lackluster play of the month of November and early December. After Nick Holden was injured David seems to have stepped up. Seems like he cares and is interested in the game which is something that was not apparent in the early part of his season.

Ryan Russell has cooled since his hot month of November. Playing solid 2 way hockey still and very good on the PK. Creates scoring chances while shorthanded.

Tomas Kubalik...I would love to say after his 2 stints on the injured list that he looked like the rookie Kuby. He did not until the past few games. Kuby broke out in the Falcons win in Worcester with 2 goals. Hope he has his confidence back and can start playing his game now. He was forcing plays in early Dec., I think the non-offense was in his head a little.

Nick Holden and Cody Goloubef are both injured. Holden's is an ankle/foot injury. He was on crutches as of a couple weeks ago. I have not seen him since then. I will update after tonights game. Cody's injury is hand or wrist. I have not talked to him about it. Looks to be alonger term injury.

Cody Bass is out for the season after a shoulder injury suffered in a fall in practice. Get well soon wishes to him. If you like his style or hate it, it's never good to see a player injured.

Dalton Prout has been improving this season since finally being allowed into the lineup. His play has shown to me he deserves more ice time. Hope to see him use his physical play more in the 2nd half.

Brent Regner has stepped up his game in December after a bad start to the season. He looked confused and lost on many plays in the 1st 2 months of the season. If we had the luxury of an extra solid d-man I would like to see Regner on offense, as he has offensive skills and fit well there last season for some games.

I cannot comment much on Allen York as he has only played a few games here and it was not a good amount to judge on. Hopefully he gets at least 1 game this weekend.

If there are any specific players I did not mention you would like me to talk about feel free to LMK

Sorry for the lack of posts this season, between going back to college and everything else in life the whole re-capping has fallen through the cracks. I will trying to get back to writing each weekend in 2012!

Old
12-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Thx for the up-date. How about Mayorov?

Old
12-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Thx for the up-date. How about Mayorov?
Maksim was injured going head and shoulder first into the goal post. He has only played a handul of games since. Has not looked too good or too bad. Again he is kind of invisible which is not a good thing. Hope he can turn things around and break out finally.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Hockeygirl2748

The Falcons lost 2-1 in the shootout last night v.s. the Providence Bruins. Another big crowd in the nest and it's becoming a bad habit that they lose in front of big crowds.

I will start out saying the Falcons deserved to win the game. They played a good 60 mins and the Bruins Anton Khudobin was good, but lucky as well. The Falcons hit the post a few times.

Maksim Mayorov scored the Falcons goal in regulation. At 9:52 of the 3rd period. Nice to see Mayorov on the scoring sheet. Assists to Brent Regner. &Martin St. Pierre.

In the shootout Manny Legace allowed 2 goals to Ridderwall & Jamie Arniel (who is Scott's nephew I believe). While the only Falcons shootout goal came off a beautiful shot from Alex Giroux. Wish he have better chemistry with his linemates. Need more offense.

Dalton Prout dropped the gloves with Bobby Robins who is a recent re-call from the Jackets and Falcons ECHL affiliate the Chicage Express. Robins was also called for kneeing. Prout got the takedown.

The Falcons outshot Providence 40-28.

David Savard was re-called to Columbus today and Mike Thomas was re-assigned to Chicago. Tim Spencer postgame told me that he is playing today, not shock since CT has newly assigned idiot Sean Avery and they are a more physical team as well. Looks like Patrick Cullity will take Savards place in the lineup.

No update on Nick Holden as I did not get to speak to him postgame.

Anton Blomqvist looked alright in his 1st game back. Has rust which is expected after 2 months. Skating is a lot better than the beginning of the season. I believe the groin injury that kept him out pre-season in Columbus was still affecting him here.

The Falcons are back in action today at 5 @CT Whale. I will be tweeting from the game.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:11 AM
pelts35.com

Blue Jackets and Falcons extend their affiliation agreement for 2 more seasons and the Falcons have extended their lease at the MMC.

http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=1960

Old
01-05-2012, 08:20 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Blue Jackets and Falcons extend their affiliation agreement for 2 more seasons and the Falcons have extended their lease at the MMC.

http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=1960
Thanks, good news all around.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Matt

Nice to see Cam Atkinson is on the All Star team. Good move not calling him up and infecting him with the Blue Jacket loosing attitude.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Columbus Blue Jackets and Springfield Falcons Extend AHL Affiliation Through 2013-14 Season.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610059

Old
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Columbus Blue Jackets and Springfield Falcons Extend AHL Affiliation Through 2013-14 Season.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610059
Not for nothing, but I posted that 2 hours ago just above.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

That's what I get for not reading the newest posts befor posting.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Hockeygirl2748

I'm happy with the 2 year extension of the Falcons and Jackets agreement. Results have not been as good as either side wants but I do like that the Jackets put effort into giving Springfield a good team. Injuries and other issues *cough* coach *cough* have unfortunately hurt the Falcons. There are good prospects coming through over the next couple seasons I feel. Excited to see how they do.

And as someone mentioned, Cam Atkinson is the lone Falcons player selected to the AHL All-Star game in Atlantic City. You can voted for him at the AHL website to be a starter. So go do that as much as you can. Stuff the ballot box!!!

The Falcons also assigned Allen York to the Chicago Express yesterday. Looks like Dekanich is healthy and starting this weekend. If Legace starts more than 1 of the 3 games I will be suprised and pissed off. Gramps needs a break.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:23 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Took 'em a while, but Express scorers managed to pile it on against Reading tonight in the third period to win 5-2.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Took 'em a while, but Express scorers managed to pile it on against Reading tonight in the third period to win 5-2.
Nice to see someone post for the Express. Did York start?

Old
01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Nice to see someone post for the Express. Did York start?
No, York got shellacked the day before apparently and Dainton started last night. Did a good enough job in the net, but was helped out by a pretty good team defensive effort in front of him.

Reading's netminder St. Laurent pretty much penciled himself into a first star position before the final period, when the Express lit him up four times. Didn't hurt that we got almost twice as many shots on net as they did.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
No, York got shellacked the day before apparently and Dainton started last night. Did a good enough job in the net, but was helped out by a pretty good team defensive effort in front of him.

Reading's netminder St. Laurent pretty much penciled himself into a first star position before the final period, when the Express lit him up four times. Didn't hurt that we got almost twice as many shots on net as they did.
Thx. Hope York is able to get his game together.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Brace yourself Springfield. We're about to gut your team with wholesale call-ups.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Brace yourself Springfield. We're about to gut your team with wholesale call-ups.
It already began this week. In all honesty, not many players here will be of any help in Columbus. Giroux, St. Pierre, Byers are AHL players. And I prefer to keep Atkinson away from that mess going on. Idk what will happen. This season of injuries up there and here is killing us here. And, I know you come first. But, at this point, we have a playoff chance. So it frustrates me at times. LoL

Old
01-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Hockeygirl2748

Just a quick update of things in Springfield.

Tim Spencer was signed to a SPC.

Trevor Bruess was signed to a PTO.

Nick Holden returned from his ankle injury last night and was injured in OT. Dislocated shoulder.

Cody Bass returned from a shoulder injury as well. He played physhical and showed no issues.

Mark Dekanich looked bad in the 3rd period. 3 of 4 goals were not strong goals. Sorry Jacket fans.

I will post a recap of last weekend and last nights games this evening.

The Falcons are in Portland for the 2nd game of the weekend against the Pirates this evening. 7pm. Watch, listen (now on iheart radio!) or go to the game people.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:50 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Mark Dekanich looked bad in the 3rd period. 3 of 4 goals were not strong goals. Sorry Jacket fans.
Thanks for the update, I'm more concerned with getting work in and not re-injuring himself at this point. He'll come back to top AHL form soon enough.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Thanks for the update, I'm more concerned with getting work in and not re-injuring himself at this point. He'll come back to top AHL form soon enough.
Agreed. Let's see how he does after he knocks the rust off, and is back to form.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
He'll fit right in!

Old
01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:

Blame Bill Davidge (IIRC). He made a comment on air during the game last night that the Falcons were winning 3-0. The comment was made during the 2nd period of the CBJ game.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:25 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post

4 players in 2 weeks, Savard, Russell, Kubalik and Byers. That's life in the A as they say.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:51 PM
JeffForsberg21

What's the deal with Nick Holden ?, he disappeared from the roster both on AHL official site and Falcons official site.

They even give his no. 5 to the new acquisition Greg Amadio...strange !

Closed Thread