HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 2 1.15%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Matt Gilroy 10 5.75%
Dan Girardi 6 3.45%
Henrik Lundqvist 135 77.59%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.57%
Vaclav Prospal 5 2.87%
Brandon Prust 4 2.30%
Michael Sauer 2 1.15%
Marc Staal 5 2.87%
Other 4 2.30%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Ice Hockey

vCash: 500
we can win the next game. and if we somehow take this series, we have a better chance in round two than the caps do because of hank. for some reason these rookie goaltenders seem to generally play lights out the first or even the second round, but fizzle out after that because they're leaned on to heavily. hank can handle the pressure. we just need to win the next one by any means necessary.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Same ol, same ol as far as I'm concerned.

We can ***** and cry about the goal but but if the shoe was on the other foot we would be praising our player for not quitting and talking about how gritty, garbage goals count the same as pretty ones.
Usually what I';ve seen is people acknowledging if we get garbage or lucky goalsnot blindly cheering us on. I've seen more than enough people providing fair views to know what your saying here is not representative of the general populace here.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
It makes a lot of sense to me. This team doesn't have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line, especially with Callahan out of the lineup.

Putting Anisimov on a line with Drury allows them to use Drury more, and they should, as he played a very solid defensive game yesterday and he wins draws, which Anisimov does not. You can put Anisimov on the ice in the defensive zone without having to have him take the faceoff.
Didn't notice Drury at all really after the 1st. So he spent most of the game not making mistakes but not doing anything either. he did not manage to clear the puck witha chance to do so leading to Staal's mistake. I'd say he had an average game all around. Wasn't bad. Was part of the losing play but didn't overly cost us even on that play. Hopefully as he gets more into the swing of things he'll contribute even more but we obviously don't have liong to wait. B/t him, feds and prospal are three vets who can really help calm the team. Maybe we should put them all on a line haha.

Old
04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
crumpy

It was 2 PP each. The refs put their whistles away. The Rangers should have been called for delay of game. I think the refs let the players decide the game.

crumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:28 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nah, cut it out.

I mean, you loose a game in the PO's, in OT, after having a lead late, a fan is allowed to cry, ***** and moan. I mean, when ever else are we going to be allowed to cry ***** and moan if not now?I love Girardi for example, but his defensive play on the 1-1 goal made me stand up and scream all that I could in the middle of the night -- you can bet on that I am going to cry about it and not be patient this morning.
I think you're in the wrong section then: this is the Rangers board, not the Penguins

I understand being upset. No doubt. And nothing's wrong with expressing a feeling once and having that be the end of it. But to ***** whine and cry? Like I said we're Ranger fans not Pens fans

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:30 PM
TheRedViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpy View Post
It was 2 PP each. The refs put their whistles away. The Rangers should have been called for delay of game. I think the refs let the players decide the game.
Thought the replay showed that they SHOULDN'T have been called.

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:10 PM
levski87

Good first game, crappy end result.

Game could have been worse but Lundy kept us in it.

Our forecheck was non-existant and this is where missing Callahan really hurts us.

Dubinsky needs to step it up. He was useless last night. He needs to dominate the boards and he didn't.

Gaborik looked good but missed on his few chances. We are going to need him to put the biscuit in the net.

On to Game 2!

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:10 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
A split of the first two games in Washington would be huge.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

BTW: I thought Gilroy played a very good game overall. Even without the goal.

Flame away....

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 04-14-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: a very
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:16 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
A split of the first two games in Washington would be huge.
Yeah which is why I wish we could have pulled that one out last night. Puts the pressure back on us IMO because it's gonna be extremely tough to win both at MSG if we go down 2-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
BTW: I thought Gilroy played avery good game overall. Even without the goal.

Flame away....
I didn't notice him much out there which is a good thing so he was doing something right. Ovechkin almost burned him on that one shot which I think was late in the 3rd but other than that, he was alright.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:19 PM
DrAStuart

Quote:
BTW: I thought Gilroy played avery good game overall. Even without the goal.

Flame away....
Not a flame...but just wondering if the missing space was intentional or a Freudian slip

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:27 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Last night wasnt about the refs, the garbage goal. none of that.

The Rangers screwed up on that Ot goal, looked a little sluggish at times.

Thought they played well enough to win, it couldve went either way. Wouldve been real nice to increase the pressure on the Caps and get them doubting themselves. I had to be Semin who scored too right? Ugh.

Anyhow, i thought Prospal was the best Rangers forward. I thought he was going to score in OT on that backhander on the ice. It was real close. I think he thought it had a chance looking at his reaction too.

Gaborik actually played pretty well. Except he continues to not get shots off on the rush. The Rangers in general need more shots, specifically from the point in my opinion, 5 on 5.

Its one game. Not the end of the world. They will need to take game 2 though. Then the complexion of the series changes coming back to MSG. Well see what they can give us. The second goal in game 2 is going to be huge for whoever scores it. These are going to be low scoring games.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I will be cheering loud for the Rangers on Sunday, regardless of friday's outcome.

I'm not going to throw these guys under the bus if it's not going well on Sunday.

Once the playoffs are over I'll begin the sather-bashing on Twitter and everywhere else I can. He blows.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
94now

Think we played our best game of the series. I hope I am wrong, but this group cannot play any better. If Torts make them to play the same level Fri, I'd become his fan. We looked very good.
Lundqvist didn't stay on his head, but was between very good and great. Poor caps were shooting top glove with no results. He knew where the goal was too. That is the performance I demand he play all the time during the season or take pay cut.

Last edited by 94now: 04-14-2011 at 02:48 PM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Muh
Beadle

I apologize in advance, cause im sure it was covered somewhere here in the previous 19 pages. But anyone else think Avery is dressed for game 2 over MZA?

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
3Four3

The Rangers are down 1-0. Not 2-0 or 3-0, they are down 1-0, yet people are already proclaiming the Capitals as the better team and make it seem as the Rangers are out of it.

The Lightning got shutout yesterday.

The RPG line did not get even 1 point last night (Aside from Getzlaf).

The Coyotes were the better team in the 1st but what did them in was they couldn't score goal #2 at opportune times: Missed shot on the breakaway, 5-on-3 that showed nothing.

It is far from over and teams will adjust.

This is not like the 2009 season where the Caps managed close to 40 or 50 shots, while the Rangers managed only half of that. It was an evenly contested battle up until OT.

It's ironic, though, that the one thing that the Rangers have not been doing all season long is something that decided the game for the Capitals.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I will be cheering loud for the Rangers on Sunday, regardless of friday's outcome.

I'm not going to throw these guys under the bus if it's not going well on Sunday.

Once the playoffs are over I'll begin the sather-bashing on Twitter and everywhere else I can. He blows.
Same. This team should have everyone's support until that final buzzer of a 4th loss in a round sounds (whenever that is, hopefully not soon or at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
I apologize in advance, cause im sure it was covered somewhere here in the previous 19 pages. But anyone else think Avery is dressed for game 2 over MZA?
I believe both were practicing on the 4th line but it wouldn't shock us to see him in.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
1940rip

Quote:
The Ovie goal sucked becasue there should have been a whistle. No doubt the refs felt the crowd breathing down their necks. But hey, it happens.

On the other hand, the x-bar saved us 2 or 3 times and Hank was clearly beat on those shots.

Could have been much worse game. Demoralizing even.
No doubt. Could've easily been 3-0 after the 1st.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:54 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
The Rangers are down 1-0. Not 2-0 or 3-0, they are down 1-0, yet people are already proclaiming the Capitals as the better team and make it seem as the Rangers are out of it.

The Lightning got shutout yesterday.

The RPG line did not get even 1 point last night (Aside from Getzlaf).

The Coyotes were the better team in the 1st but what did them in was they couldn't score goal #2 at opportune times: Missed shot on the breakaway, 5-on-3 that showed nothing.

It is far from over and teams will adjust.

This is not like the 2009 season where the Caps managed close to 40 or 50 shots, while the Rangers managed only half of that. It was an evenly contested battle up until OT.

It's ironic, though, that the one thing that the Rangers have not been doing all season long is something that decided the game for the Capitals.
Position for position Caps are the better team. Better teams have lost many times. However, it is less probable. That 's it. Just that.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:55 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Last night wasnt about the refs, the garbage goal. none of that.

The Rangers screwed up on that Ot goal, looked a little sluggish at times.

Thought they played well enough to win, it couldve went either way. Wouldve been real nice to increase the pressure on the Caps and get them doubting themselves. I had to be Semin who scored too right? Ugh.
I disagree I thought it was partially about the refs, etc exactly because we couldn't keep up in OT and can't score. Played well enough to win for sure.

Old
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

If they lose tomorrow, it's over. imo

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Yes.

The kid took a beating. lol

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:09 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
If they lose tomorrow, it's over. imo
Even if one team were to be 3-1, I'm not saying it's over. The Rangers blew it 2 years ago and the Caps did it last year.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post

The answer is a lot. Not a little. You're downplaying how good he played last night. IMO, that's condescending.
You're worried that I'm being condescending toward Hank? Don't worry, I think he'll get over that pretty quickly.

Look, if you want to think Hank was the next incarnation of Georges Vezina himself last night, you go right ahead. You are entitled to your opinion.

And guess what? So am I. And no, I do not think Hank was challenged last night as much as he has been so many times in his career...despite the amount of time the Caps spent in our zone. Credit the D with doing a decent job of blocking shots, and letting Hank see the puck as well.

The Ovechkin goal was the clear exception.

Now let's go take game two.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
1940rip

Some of my peeves with this team:

Gabbi comes off the ice as if he just went for a leisurely skate around Bryant Park far too often, while his linemates are all sucking wind and sweating...he's not THAT well-conditioned. I call him, Captain coast. I'd like to see him put in some more work and fight for some scoring chances.

Boyle. While he's had a bit more edge to his game this year, he's SIX FOOT SEVEN, 240+ LBS!!! You see what Ovie did to Girardi, how about a little of that? He needs to play with more grit and get in front...he's always pulling that Nedved skate around the net nonsense.

The entire offense. How many times a game to do see ALL 3 of our forwards below the goal line? They dig out the puck and have no place to go with it, so they dump it back behind again: wash, rinse, repeat. How many times do you see them skate PAST the net on a break instead of stopping in front and looking for rebounds? How many times to you see them enter the zone, skate around the net, and drop it back along the boards instead of making a play TOWARD the net or the slot area?? How many times to you see guys getting in position to SHOOT?? Did you see Semin last night...that's how it's done. Hope they were watching. Maddening.

Okay, I'm done ranting...

LGR.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote