HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 2 1.15%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Matt Gilroy 10 5.75%
Dan Girardi 6 3.45%
Henrik Lundqvist 135 77.59%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.57%
Vaclav Prospal 5 2.87%
Brandon Prust 4 2.30%
Michael Sauer 2 1.15%
Marc Staal 5 2.87%
Other 4 2.30%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Very serious. That's the rules and you know without a shadow of a thinning hair on a 90 year old woman that if the Rangers had scored that goal instead of the Caps everyone here would have steadfastly said that the whistle should not have been blown.

If I'm wrong tell me that you would have felt otherwise if the sweaters were reversed.

Rangers played their guts out and lost because Semin's shot might be the very best in the NHL.
I thought the rule is that if the ref can't see the puck under the goalie he has to blow the whistle?

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
Lundqvist is the best goalie in the game. I don't see how anyone who saw this game can deny it.
****ing this. The Hank detractors can go root for Edmonton.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Yup. That's what happens when you are playing against a clearly superior team. And guess what - Brad Richards would not make us evenly matched with the Craps.

We need to wait for our prospects to join the Rangers. This game is further proof. The Rangers can work as hard as you want, they can care as much as you want, but ultimately, they can't play against the better teams in the league.
So us playing the 1 seed to OT when we could have conceivably won in regulation if not for an iffy non whistle means we can't match up against the top teams? Wow. Let's not forget we're the road team in the 1st game here we're suppossed to lose and almost pulled it out. A player of BR's caliber would make us better and we win this game. I dunno if BR will be of BR's caliber much longer though but that's another thread.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SickNice

Quote:
Didn't take long for the first ref whine.
amen. i mean seriously...

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ZDH

Quote:
Lundqvist is the best goalie in the game. I don't see how anyone who saw this game can deny it.
Fleury put up a better performance vs Tampa...does that make Fleury the best in the game?

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:05 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

That was the first game all season that the Rangers lost when leading in the third.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheRedViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Could we get a veteran defenseman that can play 20 minutes, please? I would like to not be on the verge of passing out when there's a pair other than Staal/Girardi on the ice.
What was wrong with McDonagh + Sauer??? First playoff game and they were great IMO. Couple random miscues but...

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I love Stall but after the injury he has not looked the same.

POTG=Obviously Henrik,

The Good- 1 Guy other than Lundy Prust

The bad-the rest of the ****in team

The Redden-Not having Avery in the ****in lineup and benching Zucc. You can only throw at guys like Boyle, Prospal for so long you need some legit talent. BTW Wolski assist or not is a ****in soft piece of **** that makes me want to puke everytime i watch him. How can u guys like this ****.
Wolski maybe soft, but Christensen is softer and less skilled.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
I really don't think it's a debate at this point.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Let's forget about the 1st Caps goal for a minute and review all the ****ing missed calls. The Caps got away with EVERYTHING tonight.
We got away with a lot of **** too.. I cringed about a dozen times tonight, expecting a Refs arm to go flying.

Aside for that non-whistle, I liked how the Refs called this game. But, they let a lot of things slide both sides. I don't think it was lopsided one bit.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
That was the first game all season that the Rangers lost when leading in the third.
False.

They are 29-0 when leading going INTO the third, not taking the lead IN the third.

trilobyte

It's easy to say there is no offense, but what we saw in the OT was a tired looking team.
That doesn't necessarily make me feel better just because I know the reason.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Let's forget about the 1st Caps goal for a minute and review all the ****ing missed calls. The Caps got away with EVERYTHING tonight.
exactly!
and **** the overtime. if it wasn't for the horrible refs we would have easily won
like we saw from the pens, babies like crosby don't bring anything but the refs

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:06 PM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Very serious. That's the rules and you know without a shadow of a thinning hair on a 90 year old woman that if the Rangers had scored that goal instead of the Caps everyone here would have steadfastly said that the whistle should not have been blown.

If I'm wrong tell me that you would have felt otherwise if the sweaters were reversed.

Rangers played their guts out and lost because Semin's shot might be the very best in the NHL.
The moral equivalency game is getting old. That was not a goal no matter which team is scoring it.

Yeah, we're not going to complain if it's our team, but quit acting like you're so high and mighty when you're just a troll.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
Gaborik was brought here to score goals.. He hasn't been doing this at all this year,so at the end of the day he needs to be gone.. He still has good games but he just doesn't score, what did he have like 3 or 4 hat tricks this season? And I dont want to hear "oh oh oh he was playing through an injury..." he basically lives in the ****ing medical room..

We really need some one like Kovy or Ovie who can strike fear when ever they touch the puck, every time ovie touched the puck I screamed like a little girl, even if hes passing it I think its going in.
Hes not going to score playing with Prospal, ive said it before Avery Dubi Gaborik thats the line. AA does not play well with Gaborik hes much better with grinders like Prust.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Just one game guys.

Its one I really wanted, but we just have to go for the split on friday.

I'm happy to be in the playoffs, trying not to get selfish and want more but damn that was a hockey game.

Kudos to the officiating crew for allowing the guys to play in OT.

POTG is obviously hank.

For all the fans of the eliminated clubs enjoying the rangers loss; guten tag. My best round is a 78, how about yours?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1024 View Post
What was wrong with McDonagh + Sauer??? First playoff game and they were great IMO. Couple random miscues but...
I'm not complaining about them at all, I just want to see a calming veteran presence for once.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Hank for Vezina...**** em all

poeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Black Aces

Just so frustrating.

We had a few solid shifts in the first 3 minutes of OT then did nothing. NOTHING.

Dump it in and lose possesion.

It was a matter of time.

Henrik deserves so much better.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pugs35

There were 3 caps closer to Staal than the next Ranger. I don't know who he was expected to pass it to there. He tried to flip it out and didn't get it high enough. Mistake, but the entire line of forwards bailed out of the zone there.

I thought he played great all game, minus that one miscue. Holy overreaction.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
Fleury put up a better performance vs Tampa...does that make Fleury the best in the game?
no, he didn't

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Anderson

Quote:
i'm surprised we haven't seen any "hank was outplayed by neurvirth" posts yet, to be honest.

but i agree, its a shame too. I feel like this is going to be another one of those series where the rangers offense dries up. hopefully that can change, but they looked so slow and untalented tonight.

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
When you ask a defenseman to play as much as we do Staal, he's bound to make some mistakes.
This is true. And it's not like he has 5 minutes to analyze and ponder his clearing pass options. It's basically a split second decision ... and he made the right decision. Going up the boards was fine, he just didn't get it high enough & didn't get it out. **** happens, you can't expect the guy to play 30+ minutes and be perfect.

Some of you act like it's completely unfathomable that a guy playing 30+ against a top 3 player in the league might make a mistake or 2 during a game. I'm sure Staal will learn from it and adjust.

The guy's only 24 years old. He's still learning, and he's going to make mistakes. THis is what happens when you ask guys under 25 to carry your D -- occasionally, they make mistakes.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
There's nothing else staal could have done. He was surrounded by 3 caps and had no forward support along the boards. He cleared it up high but the caps blocked it. Had staal cleared it any higher it would have been a delay of game.
Exactly...it's nice to see someone else has eyes. He had three guys on him and zero outlets.

Chimp

This team is simply too weak. I don't see us upsetting the Caps.

EVERY single oddman rush results in an oddman rush the other way, since we ALWAYS screw up the last pass before the shot. ALWAYS.

Our PP is killing us, although there was some hope.

Our offense is a neverending grinding cycle behind the net, until we turn the puck over, if we even get that far. Most of the time, we dump it and change lines.

The opposing goalie is rarely tested, almost never with a screen or any traffic.

The defense implodes way too often. Way too many quality scoring chances.

Too many holes to fill. At least the work ethics and the team riding on Hank's back makes it a tough team to beat.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-13-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote