HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Suspension by salary

Old
04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Suspension by salary

This might be a horrible idea but, I figured I'd just throw it out there. Stoll injured White and White is out for the series (probably) and Stoll is out for a game. As a Kings fan this is fine by me be, I've been on the other side before. Now getting the same amount of games will not work, if Crosby injures some no name, do you think the no name will ever be claimed to be healthy again

So what if it's by salary (including bonus). It's not a perfect system but it might work. That way if Crosby injures some no name he'll only be out for 1 game for every 6 or 7 the no name is out for. Making it silly to claim the no name is really that injured.

There are obvious flaws, for instance if Couture injured Ryan Smyth or Skinner injured Gomez. But I think it could work.

As it is right now, it seems like the league is almost encouraging injuring people because those people will always be out longer than he-who-injured-him.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Jerkini

vCash: 500
I think some sort of cap hit penalty should be incurred when a player is suspended. That way the team suffers as a result of the actions of a single player. They'd have to design the rule so that there's no gray area. If you take a major penalty and the opposing player is going to lose time as a result of the hit, then your team's salary cap should be reduced by a quarter of the injured player's caphit for double the duration of the injury. For example, 6 month injury would net you a 12 month caphit penalty. Something along those lines. Happens automatically, no appeals.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote