HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Five Most Hated Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Five Most Hated Sharks

Might as well have this since we have a top five favorite thread.

1. Craig Janney - Do I need to explain why?

2. Ed Belfour - Lied through his teeth. Kept saying he was happy with San Jose and that he wanted to stay, yet on the first day of free agency he signs with Dallas.

3. Teemu Selanne - Hated him from day one. I didn't like the way he played. He was too soft for San Jose.

4. Wayne Primeau - He's not his brother. I'd rather have Matt Bradley than him.

Hmm... I'm having a hard time thinking of others. Time to pull out my decade of teal tenth anniversary book.... I never realised how many players that I remember as long time Sharks, only played less than a season with them.

5. Can't think of a fifth one. If I had to pick a fifth, I would say Viktor Kozlov. He never did much, and his play never impressed me.

Old
07-10-2004, 02:28 AM
vilpertti

Kiprusoff
Donovan
Lowry
D Sutter
Loyns

Old
07-10-2004, 04:31 AM
dumpnchase

Players:
1. Ed Belfour
2. Craig Janney
3. Darren Turcotte
4. Greg Hawgood
5. Joe Murphy

Management:
1. Grillo
2. Sims
3. Ferreira
4. Remenda
5. Lombardi

Old
07-10-2004, 04:42 AM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
1. Belfour
2. Belfour
3. Belfour
4. Belfour
5. Selanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpnchase
Management:
1. Grillo
2. Sims
3. Ferreira
4. Remenda
5. Lombardi
Hahahah, you don't like Drew?

Old
07-10-2004, 07:53 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Janney
Belfour
Shepherd
Murphy
Teemu

Old
07-10-2004, 07:58 AM
ClicheGuevara

I don't remember much about Janney, why is he so unpopular?

Old
07-10-2004, 08:21 AM
littleHossa

Gary Suter must of ended a lot of careers, a Shark player that a lot of teams and fans hated.. not the same way as these guys above however.

Old
07-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilpertti
Kiprusoff

Poor Kipper.
~Crazed.

Old
07-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
1.Selanne
2.Selanne
3.Belfour
4.Belfour
5.Selanne

Only really two players that have ever wornen teal that I disliked.
Ya, Why is Janney so disliked? I wasn't a hockey fan when Janney played.

Old
07-10-2004, 10:55 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Craig Janney is a soft bum who did nothing in San Jose.

1. Ed Belfour: I actually didn't mind the guy when we traded for him, I saw alot of Blackhawks game when I was younger and I knew this guy was just in his prime and he could be a stud again if he stopped drinking, he had a few good games, like a 2-1 win over Colorado, my first time seeing him we won 6-4 over the Wings, or did we loose 6-4 ? IDK but that game he had his mask painted teal. Then he just walked away from the Sharks and decided that he didn't want to be here and play for the Stars, Stars went on to be a dominating force in the pacific divsion for quite awhile. To make matters worse we lost Irbe to the Stars....Thats why I haate the stars the most...
I loved it when Nolan and Ricci ran Eddy.

2. Teemu Selanne.....BOOOOOOOOO....we trade away my 2nd fav player on the team in Jeff Friesen, Steve Sheilds who I really liked as a person and a goalie, and a 2nd round draft pick.... To make matters worse he doesn't use his option ( mabey the best thing to happen to the Sharks last year in the free agent market) and he walks to Colorado, HAHAHAHAH we beat them in 6 games to move onto the conference finals..and lets face it, we likely wouldve tasted the Conference finals in 2001-2002 had he actually just put the puck in the net on a WIDE OPEN net.

3. Craig Janney: He's a bum, he's soft as toothpicks in San Jose, he showed no heart....

Other then that I can't think of any.

Old
07-10-2004, 02:15 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

He gave no effort, softer than a marshmellow, and the whole locker room couldn't stand him. Met him in a bar smoking like a chimney and being an ass.

Old
07-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
He's a pansy, very soft, no work ethic at all, he's soft, didn't try at all in the defensive end, he was weak, and he was soft. Did I mention that he was soft?

Old
07-10-2004, 05:14 PM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Janney was an incredible playmaker with some super good passing skills. He's had a 100 point year once. The only reason the Sharks were able to acquire him was his previous team, the Blues thought he had too many problems in the locker room. So he comes over to San Jose, puts up some decent numbers, but has an absolutely horrid +/- since he was so soft and lazy. Oh, and of course, all those locker room problems he had in St. Louis he managed to bring over into San Jose.

Old
07-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Serena587

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilpertti
Kiprusoff
Donovan
Lowry
D Sutter
Loyns

Can I ask, why Kipper?? And WHY in the world Loyns??? We adored him here in Cleveland!! I wouldn't even think he was in SJ long enough to leave an impression....

Old
07-10-2004, 07:50 PM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

Janney, Belfour and Teamu for me.

Janney and Eddie for oviouse reasons. I thought Teamu could have
been a better player for us, frankly I was alittle disappointed that
he didn't do better.

Old
07-10-2004, 07:53 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerK
1. Belfour
2. Belfour
3. Belfour
4. Belfour
5. Selanne

Hahahah, you don't like Drew?
For some reason he always finds a way to say something really stupid everytime I see him. That's why whenever I see a sharks game a mute my tv and turn on Dan and Stemmer. But I will give the Sharks at least this much Drew, Randy, Dan, & Stemmer are much much better than most of the tv/radio guys around the league and miles better than the ESPN guys.

Old
07-10-2004, 07:58 PM
SJPuckPlayer

Quote:
Janney was an incredible playmaker with some super good passing skills. He's had a 100 point year once. The only reason the Sharks were able to acquire him was his previous team, the Blues thought he had too many problems in the locker room. So he comes over to San Jose, puts up some decent numbers, but has an absolutely horrid +/- since he was so soft and lazy. Oh, and of course, all those locker room problems he had in St. Louis he managed to bring over into San Jose.
I remember when Janney was traded for Turcotte, and the Sharks/Jets played each other the very next day. Janney may have been soft, but Turcotte sucked.

Old
07-10-2004, 07:59 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
This is the best Janney profile I have seen, it's dead on!

Old
07-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer
I remember when Janney was traded for Turcotte, and the Sharks/Jets played each other the very next day. Janney may have been soft, but Turcotte sucked.

Now that I think about it, What happened to Turcotte? It sounded like he started his career off with a bang, but just faded into the background?

Old
07-11-2004, 07:11 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Turcotte was Shean Donovan.....very very fast...no hands at all. Good defensive player, but at the end of the day, a 3rd/4th liner.

But would take him over Janney. Easily. Janney was possible the worst teammate in Sharks history. Cancer.

Old
07-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Joe Murphy is not getting nearly enough hate in this thread. Come on people, where's the hate? Come on people, this is the man who once claimed that he deserved Recchi-type dollars on a UFA contract and ended up being publicly insulted by Darryl Sutter for the comment: he was that hated.

Belfour and Selanne are the two most obvious, though I think Teemu gets something of a bad rap in the final analysis. It's not like he sucked as a Shark and then went onto greatness in Colorado. The bottom just went out of Teemu's game right before or as the Sharks acquired him, and he hasn't recovered since. I can understand why he went to Colorado, as well. I think we all can. It's not like he was a nasty guy. It was really Lombardi's fault for acquiring him...

Craig Janney...ehhh. Yeah, he was a jerk.

What about Zyuzin? Pat Falloon?

Old
07-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena587
Can I ask, why Kipper?? And WHY in the world Loyns??? We adored him here in Cleveland!! I wouldn't even think he was in SJ long enough to leave an impression....
Cause all those players are Calgary Flames and they eliminated San Jose.

Old
07-11-2004, 02:24 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator
Joe Murphy is not getting nearly enough hate in this thread. Come on people, where's the hate? Come on people, this is the man who once claimed that he deserved Recchi-type dollars on a UFA contract and ended up being publicly insulted by Darryl Sutter for the comment: he was that hated.

Belfour and Selanne are the two most obvious, though I think Teemu gets something of a bad rap in the final analysis. It's not like he sucked as a Shark and then went onto greatness in Colorado. The bottom just went out of Teemu's game right before or as the Sharks acquired him, and he hasn't recovered since. I can understand why he went to Colorado, as well. I think we all can. It's not like he was a nasty guy. It was really Lombardi's fault for acquiring him...

Craig Janney...ehhh. Yeah, he was a jerk.

What about Zyuzin? Pat Falloon?
Murphy's on my list, it should have been a swap between him and Turcotte, now that I remember that Turcotte wasn't a bad guy just a bad pickup for the Sharks.

Revised Players:
1. Ed Belfour
2. Craig Janney
3. Joe Murphy
4. Greg Hawgood
5. Darren Turcotte

Why does everyone here hate Selanne? He is a nice team guy sure he left us for Colorado but why hate him for that? If you hate him for losing Friesen and Shields you should blame Lombardi he's the ***h*le who traded Friesen to the Ducks. Selanne didn't have a say in who the Sharks should trade to the Ducks.

At least Selanne didn't say that he wants to comeback and then leave he clearly gave the team a chance the first time he was a UFA, it didn't work so he left. Can't hate him for that.

Shields would have been traded no matter what, it makes me mad that no one has given a honest chance at being a starter, sure he isn't a top 10 guy but he could be a starter on many teams (Vancouver ).

Old
07-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpnchase
Why does everyone here hate Selanne? He is a nice team guy sure he left us for Colorado but why hate him for that? If you hate him for losing Friesen and Shields you should blame Lombardi he's the ***h*le who traded Friesen to the Ducks. Selanne didn't have a say in who the Sharks should trade to the Ducks.

At least Selanne didn't say that he wants to comeback and then leave he clearly gave the team a chance the first time he was a UFA, it didn't work so he left. Can't hate him for that.
I have never liked Selanne, I hate the Ducks and I dislike most of their players too. When Selanne was traded my first reaction was surprise and getting upset, we lost Friesen for this floater?

Old
07-11-2004, 04:28 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech1488
I have never liked Selanne, I hate the Ducks and I dislike most of their players too. When Selanne was traded my first reaction was surprise and getting upset, we lost Friesen for this floater?
I have always found Selanne to be a fun player to watch and would have liked that trade better if we would have kept Friesen and given the ducks a couple of second rounders or somebody like Zalesak.

What would have been like to have,
Friesen-Damphousse-Nolan
Sturm-Marleau-Selanne
Thornton-Ricci-Sundsturm
Harvey-Smith-Bradley/Korky

Oh well, can't change anything now. Wow, just looking at this lineup shows how much this team has changed in a span of 3/4 years, only 5 of these 11 forwards are still with the team.

Closed Thread