HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

WCQF: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (8) Chicago Blackhawks Part III ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGraham View Post
That was the wimpiest vehicle smashing I have ever seen. The slow motion made it look even worse! Wow, I would be ashamed!
Ya, it was pretty weak but I think with that music it was supposed to be more funny than anything. I really just liked the flying jump kick at the beginning.

Old
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
jimmythescot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiace View Post
Of course, because it's what happened last 2 years as well. Why wouldn't they still be confident?
Yeah, but even before the game started many were practically rooting for a loss. A game where you get physically dominated, rather than dominated on the scoreboard should be very concerning.

Anyway, can I have game 2 please?

Old
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
particularsolution

i know there was some discussion about whether the canucks had played to their potential or not..

Quote:
@benkuzma Henrik Sedin: "We know we didn't play close to our best game. We can play a lot better. There's not a whole lot of celebration in here."

Old
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
I love how some Hawks fans seem to think that by losing game 1 the Hawks have the Canucks just where they want them. The Hawks already have two players with injuries serious enough to talk about after game 1, and if you think guys like Edler and Oreskovich are going to let up you can think again.
I'll admit that I haven't even attempted to open the game thread and read through the comments, but please don't mistake the Hawks fan's lack of freaking out over this loss as some cocky "we got them right where we want them" attitude. Its more of been here before, lets see what happens moreso than "got you where I want you" bravada.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
I'll admit that I haven't even attempted to open the game thread and read through the comments, but please don't mistake the Hawks fan's lack of freaking out over this loss as some cocky "we got them right where we want them" attitude. Its more of been here before, lets see what happens moreso than "got you where I want you" bravada.
And I think that has been the Hawks mentality the past 2 years, and not panicking is why I think they were able to come back and win both times.

Hopefully the Canucks don't make the same mistakes as before, if they jump up to a 2-0 lead in game 2 i'll definitely be extra worried about history re-repeating itself

Old
04-14-2011, 02:02 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
You're right, I shouldn't look too much into the minority of posters. Apologies.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Zammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontmeslerwithkesler View Post

New tradition: no playoff car flags until we beat the hawks.
Too late, I already put mine up yesterday

Old
04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Even without Malhotra, the Canucks are the most complete team in the NHL. If gambling were legal, I'd have already made a pretty substantial bet on them making the 3rd round at least.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

Vancouver played a solid game last night. Hats off.

Van. game plan was obviously to pound the Hawk D at every turn. They finished every check that they could and Campbell, Hjalmarsson and Campoli were hearing footsteps early. Thats a good strategy against Chicago and it paid off.

Hawks needed a couple of breaks and didn't get any.

I don't see anything wrong with Q asking for 23ish minutes out of Kane and Toews. These guys are 22 years old with a day of rest between every game and minimal travel time compared to the reg. season. It could hurt them if they go deep in the playoffs but they have to beat Van first to go deep. No reason to leave anything on the table.

Looking forward to game 2. I think the Hawks will break the seal and put up 5 or 6 goals.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
http://blackhawkup.com/2011/04/14/vi...ensional-game/

Quote:
I’m seeing a lot of mainstream press comments about the Blackhawks not being ready to play, and putting in a poor effort, and what-not. Sorry, guys, you missed the point. The end result of this game means zilch: the game within the game is what matters here, and all signs point to a Blackhawks series victory.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
GodzillaDeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post
Vancouver played a solid game last night. Hats off.

Van. game plan was obviously to pound the Hawk D at every turn. They finished every check that they could and Campbell, Hjalmarsson and Campoli were hearing footsteps early. Thats a good strategy against Chicago and it paid off.

Hawks needed a couple of breaks and didn't get any.

I don't see anything wrong with Q asking for 23ish minutes out of Kane and Toews. These guys are 22 years old with a day of rest between every game and minimal travel time compared to the reg. season. It could hurt them if they go deep in the playoffs but they have to beat Van first to go deep. No reason to leave anything on the table.

Looking forward to game 2. I think the Hawks will break the seal and put up 5 or 6 goals.
you HAD me right up until those last 4 words

I'm going to the game and i won't stand for this rubbish. GOOD DAY SIR!

Old
04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jagr View Post
I loved this bit about Luongo:

Quote:
And finally, the difference in goal was stark. Corey Crawford was composed, pounced on rebounds when it was safe, appeared confident with his poke-checks and puck-handling overall, and had a solid night in net. Conversely, Roberto Luongo, in his typical fashion, looked like a deer in the headlights. When a puck went past him to the side of the net, his head started whipping around like a weather vane in a tornado. He had *no* clue where it went, or where it was coming out. He had a lot of help from his defensemen, as well as the post in several instances, and overall had a middling performance. Half an inch difference on the three bell-ringing shots, and the Blackhawks win 3-2. If that’s the game he’s going to bring to this series, the Canucks are already in trouble.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:31 PM
deckercky

Why can't people just admit that Bolland has been great last two playoffs, and will likely be an impact player when he returns this year? Will he guarantee Blackhawk wins? Obviously not, but he's a great playoff player, and he'll bump Frolik from second line center, and Johnson from 3rd line center. He fills a big hole in that lineup and he's a proven performer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
1. Physical but smart play. The Canucks did this well last night with a few minor exceptions. They need to keep playing the Hawks hard and running Keith every chance they get, but they can't put themselves out of position.
Definitely agree with this. Something I noticed was that when the defencemen stood up to make the hit, there was almost always a forward back already to cover for him. Those hits aren't being made with only a single defenceman back.

Any news on Kopecky and Johnson? Another hole in the depth for Chicago isn't what they need.

I'm interested in how Chicago compensates to avoid getting their D plastered on the forecheck.

Also, 47 hits for the Canucks might be a bit high, but 20 in the first period wasn't, and they kept hitting at a slower rate through the rest of the game. I'm inclined to believe the hitting stat +/- 10%. I noticed at least 4 decent Frolik hits.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:33 PM
a pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I loved this bit about Luongo:
LOL, I'm embarrassed for the guy that gave his okay to submit that

Old
04-14-2011, 02:34 PM
darkcaptain86

Hawks practice at 3:30 chicago time so we will know more then about injures, ect.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Why can't people just admit that Bolland has been great last two playoffs, and will likely be an impact player when he returns this year? Will he guarantee Blackhawk wins? Obviously not, but he's a great playoff player, and he'll bump Frolik from second line center, and Johnson from 3rd line center. He fills a big hole in that lineup and he's a proven performer.
By people are you referring to Canucks fans or Hawks fans?

Christ, people compared his playoff run last year to Claude Lemieux's Conn Smythe winning season.... really?

Old
04-14-2011, 02:43 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange View Post

Christ, people compared his playoff run last year to Claude Lemieux's Conn Smythe winning season.... really?
Not once in this thread did I see anyone compare Bolland's playoff run last year to Claude Lemieux's Conn Smythe winning season, so it's just a case of you (HeadLikeAnOrange) trying to rile people up.

NEXT!

Old
04-14-2011, 02:44 PM
TARS

Bolland has been great last two playoffs, and will likely be an impact player when he returns this year.

Also, I sincerely hope this thread doesn't become focused on the blog posted above. Surely, that one writer does not represent the opinion of the entire Blackhawks fanbase. Alas, I think there's just too much in there that Canucks fans won't be able to let go...

Old
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Not once in this thread did I see anyone compare Bolland's playoff run last year to Claude Lemieux's Conn Smythe winning season, so it's just a case of you (HeadLikeAnOrange) trying to rile people up.

NEXT!
You have short memory considering it was you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
So are the Hawks getting back David Bolland, or Claude Lemieux circa 1995? Because the way some people are talking about him in the other threads you'd think it was the latter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Last year, Bolland was the closest thing to Claude Lemieux this hockey league has seen since he played. So yeah, he's important to the team.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:47 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Any word on the statuses of Bolland, Brouwer and Kopecky for game 2?

04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Dannucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontmeslerwithkesler View Post
Yea im as stoked as any nucks fan right now, that being said winning game 1 has meant very little the last 2 years (the nucks having won boths game 1's and still go on to lose the series). If the Canucks are able to win tomorrow night then I will truly be excited, but until then I will have to remain cautiously optimistic.

New tradition: no playoff car flags until we beat the hawks.
My flag has been on my car since day one of the regular season and it is not coming off

Old
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Stonz

As a Canucks fan, those arguing that Bolland won't make that much of an impact if he returns are guilty of some wishful thinking.

I don't think he's a tipping point in the series, but he would certainly significantly strengthen the Chicago line-up and allow them more flexibility in their match-ups.

I imagine we'd see the mirror image of this back and forth if Malhotra was close to returning to the Canucks line-up.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
You have short memory considering it was you:
Then I guess I do have a short memory considering I seem to have forgotten that Claude Lemieux won the Conn Smythe in every season he played in.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:54 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange View Post

Canucks fans. He's a great playoff performer. He's not Lemieux, he's Bolland, and that's a different breed of rat, but still one they plays well in the playoffs.

I'm gonna go ahead and say his impact is probably similar to the Blackhawks to the impact for the Canucks Malhotra has. Generally not huge in the stats department, but he makes a lot of other parts of the team run more smoothly.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Magi604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jagr View Post
WOW. This takes homerism to another UNIVERSE.

Someone better place that writer on suicide watch if the Hawks end up losing.

Closed Thread