HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Team's alternates/regular home jerseys in the playoffs

Old
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
HFXMooseHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ags! View Post
The San Jose radio guys said that it was the players choice for the Sharks to wear the black unis for the playoffs.
Yeah, the Sharks announced this on their Facebook page last week. I'd rather see them wear teal. It's like the Flyers wearing black when they belong in orange.

LA will be wearing their black alternates at home because those will be the home jersey next season.

I was hoping Vancouver would wear their stick in the rink jersey. The Orca has got to go.

The first team I remember doing this was Phoenix, the desert green alts vs Colorado one year.

HFXMooseHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I wish the Bruins would wears theirs just once but they might not even make it back to the Garden the way they are playing as of late.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Canjo
AVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
I hope the Sabres use these at home:

I dont, Im not a fan of those jerseys, Buffalo, having gotten rid of the slug, have some of the nicest jerseys in the league imo, they should just stick with them and stop messing with things

Canjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
The penguins have never worn their baby blues in the playoffs.
Not quite true, but never as an alternate. We made the playoffs with them a couple times in the 70s.

This one jersey for the entire playoffs thing is a recent thing...and I don't understand the reasoning for it.

In general I think it should always be up to the home team to decide what jersey they wear in the playoffs...and have their entire repertoire available, including whites. I'm a fan of the colored jerseys being home change from a while back, but in the playoffs...c'mon...whiteouts were more effective when the home team wore white, not black.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Nose of Sutter

Kings wore their 3rds last year i think this year they are too

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:52 PM
David71

i want to see vancouver wearing their stink in the rinks. ditch the whale

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:28 PM
skoods

Bruins need to wear this jersey if they fall down 0-3. Was working (I work at Boston Beer Works right by the Garden) and saw a couple guys come in with this beauty on...so ugly that it might distract the Canadiens.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
magic school bus

it was the players' choice to wear the black jerseys.

and i think theyre wearing them all playoffs.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:28 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I wonder if teams will ever allow the fans to decide.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:53 PM
mattman2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6packhabs View Post
Yeah, the Sharks announced this on their Facebook page last week. I'd rather see them wear teal. It's like the Flyers wearing black when they belong in orange.

LA will be wearing their black alternates at home because those will be the home jersey next season.

I was hoping Vancouver would wear their stick in the rink jersey. The Orca has got to go.

The first team I remember doing this was Phoenix, the desert green alts vs Colorado one year.
Yeah, I've heard rumors the Sharks might be making their black alternates their home jerseys for the 2011-12 season. With the players choosing to wear them for the playoffs maybe it's not so much a rumor. Personally I'd be fine with those as the home jerseys. If the teal jerseys had vertical piping/stripes I'd like them a lot better.

At first I thought the Sharks would just wear the black jerseys on Mondays and Thursdays, but when the broke them out on Saturday for game 2, I realized it might be the rest of the playoffs. I also like the old lighter teal a little better and not a huge fan of the burnt orange, but that's just me.

mattman2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman2900 View Post
Yeah, I've heard rumors the Sharks might be making their black alternates their home jerseys for the 2011-12 season. With the players choosing to wear them for the playoffs maybe it's not so much a rumor. Personally I'd be fine with those as the home jerseys. If the teal jerseys had vertical piping/stripes I'd like them a lot better.

At first I thought the Sharks would just wear the black jerseys on Mondays and Thursdays, but when the broke them out on Saturday for game 2, I realized it might be the rest of the playoffs. I also like the old lighter teal a little better and not a huge fan of the burnt orange, but that's just me.
Ugh I hope not. The Black jerseys are so plain and common. I get why they have'em, a black jersey is a good seller and looks good when wore outside the rink.

On the ice though, the plain black is boring. Although I'm not a fan of the new orange in the jerseys, I want back the previous iteration of Teal/Grey/Black/White. Looked good.

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote