HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Name All The hockey Movies Ever Made!

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2004, 07:34 PM
clefty
What?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
Les Boys 1 [FRENCH]
Les Boys 2 [FRENCH]
Les Boys 3 [FRENCH]

There was also the TV program where the team was Le National de Quebec and played in the NHL with Marc Messier (A french actor, not the player), but I can't remember the name...
Les Boys is hysterical.

I was crying when they lost to the Ivory Coast. :lol

Old
07-10-2004, 09:45 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretiak

That kid was a dork no question! I have to admit that I am a HUGE Brad Tolliver fan though. Why didn' the Pens sign him? What skill! What a talent! Maybe you can write his biography - From the Oscars to the Stanley Cup finals!

Brad Tolliver aka Jay Caufield

Old
07-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
Les Boys is hysterical.

I was crying when they lost to the Ivory Coast. :lol
Wasn't Theodore in one of them? One of the brothers in Rhino Brothers reminded me of Steve McKenna (I thought he looked like him).

Old
07-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Chili

Ken Dryden made a documentary series about 1990 called 'Home Game' about hockey in Canada. I would really like to watch it again. The lasting image I remember was a plane flying over a frozen pond in a remote part of Saskatchewan and the camera zooming in on a bunch of kids playing hockey. It brought back some good childhood memories.

Last edited by Chili: 07-10-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old
07-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili
Ken Dryden made a documentary series about 1990 called 'Home Game' about hockey in Canada. I would really like to watch it again. The lasting image I remember was a plane flying over a frozen pond in a remote part of Saskatchewan and the camera zooming in on a bunch of kids playing hockey. It brought back some good childhood memories.
His home game book was good as well.

Old
07-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Stastny

Send a message via AIM to Stastny
I saw some weird movie from the thirties on TCM that had alot of hockey in it. It was about a boy's home or something run by a retired mobster, and then he got into a fight at one of the hockey games with the Boy's home team and some evil guy took control of the school, and then the boys mutinied and the mmobster had to come back and keep them from killing him. It was cwazy. But the hockey scenes were really, really funny. Just cause they were soooo old school.

Old
07-11-2004, 03:30 AM
Ri hards

Let's not forget Bruce Almighty!

....This just in, the Buffalo Sabres have won the Stanley Cup!

Old
07-11-2004, 04:13 AM
galadriel

Send a message via AIM to galadriel Send a message via MSN to galadriel Send a message via Yahoo to galadriel
Chicks with Sticks (2004)

Old
07-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili
I remember seeing that on Finnish tv over 10 years ago. I especially remember a scene where the Oilers are playing in Montreal and Sather (or Muckler) is talking in the locker room about the Habs new rookie defender Jyrki Lumme and Kurri or Tikkanen correcting his pronounciation. Then Lumme would end up scoring the game winning goal when his slap shot from the blue line took a deflection off of Messier's(?) skate and beat the Oilers goalie.

Old
07-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Years back I remember seeing a movie on T.V that followed the career of a young Maple Leaf player. It was a while ago, but what I do remember is one scene where the player's dad, enraged by the fact that the CBC neglected to televise his son's game, marched down to the broadcast centre and held the CBC control room at gun point until they finally gave in and switched the feed to the Leafs game (I'm not making this up). Soon after, however, the police showed up and gunned the father down. While I can't say for certain, I have the feeling that the son too ended up being gunned down by the end of the film.

Now that I think of it, this was probably a Quebecois film.

Old
07-11-2004, 08:01 AM
_Del_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus_the_Pig_Fetus
Let's not forget Bruce Almighty!

....This just in, the Buffalo Sabres have won the Stanley Cup!
Hey! if that counts, so does the hockey video-game sequence in Swingers!

"Look, look, it's not even me... it's Roenick..."

Old
07-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_

"I'm gonna *****-slap Wayne."

Old
07-11-2004, 11:21 AM
futurcorerock

Clerks had a pretty nice 'Jersey' Hockey scene. I mean, how many guys could play inline hockey on the top of a convenience store?

Another thing: Miracle is an incredible movie, but there are many 'lies' in the movie:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3930

Last edited by futurcorerock: 07-11-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old
07-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
Clerks had a pretty nice 'Jersey' Hockey scene. I mean, how many guys could play inline hockey on the top of a convenience store?

Another thing: Miracle is an incredible movie, but there are many 'lies' in the movie:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3930

I dont know how many of these i consider Lies, No movies perfect, and things always get changed from what happened to increase emotion. and sometimes things just happened. For example the O'C and McClanahan fight never really did happen in 1980, however it did happen when they where doing shots for the movie, becuase of a personal rivaly of cities, it kinda fit so they kept it

Old
07-11-2004, 01:10 PM
GabbyDugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes Im Peter Ing
Years back I remember seeing a movie on T.V that followed the career of a young Maple Leaf player. It was a while ago, but what I do remember is one scene where the player's dad, enraged by the fact that the CBC neglected to televise his son's game, marched down to the broadcast centre and held the CBC control room at gun point until they finally gave in and switched the feed to the Leafs game (I'm not making this up). Soon after, however, the police showed up and gunned the father down. While I can't say for certain, I have the feeling that the son too ended up being gunned down by the end of the film.

Now that I think of it, this was probably a Quebecois film.
That was one of the movies Tretiak had mentioned at the beginning. It was called "Gross Misconduct", and Daniel Kash played Brian Spencer, who played for the Leafs, Penguins and Sabres. And, yes, his father Roy was killed by the RCMP at the CBC affiliate in Prince George , BC. in December of 1970. Brian Spencer himself was shot and killed at the age of 38 in a drive by shooting in Florida in June, 1988, shortly after he had been acquitted of murder charges.

Old
07-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Ri hards

Quote:

I'm okay with including swingers...

"Suprise for super-fan number 99. Look, I made little Wayne's head bleed, look at his little legs!"

Do TV shows that inlcude hockey count? There was the CSI episode where a guy got his carotid cut by a skate...THAT'S why you where a neck guard!

Old
07-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
I vaguely recall a TV movie years back about a girl who plays goalie. She moves to a new town with her mother and helps the team win the championship.

Old
07-11-2004, 10:17 PM
futurcorerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo
I dont know how many of these i consider Lies, No movies perfect, and things always get changed from what happened to increase emotion. and sometimes things just happened. For example the O'C and McClanahan fight never really did happen in 1980, however it did happen when they where doing shots for the movie, becuase of a personal rivaly of cities, it kinda fit so they kept it
Another one not noted was the euro hockey game and the skate after it. Brooks just skated them and left, Disney added the "i play for USA" lines to build Eruzione as the captain in the story.

Old
07-11-2004, 10:25 PM
sandman441

Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
you all forgot the best one

H-E double hockey sticks - a classic I think ebert and roeper gave it two thumbs up

Old
07-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Papa Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
One of the worst.

Brad Tolliver
I told my friend I'd give him $100 to but "Tolliver" on the back of his pens uniform. :lol

BTW Didnt Tolliver die in that movie or something? I havent seen it in years but I remember after he left the ice bacsue of his fever they showed him laying in the dressing room, what was up with that? Did he get shot or something?

Old
07-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

If we are counting Bruce Almighty and Swingers, then how can you forget Happy Gilmore. Adam Sandler only becomes a golfer after being cut from the Bruins for the 8th time.

Old
07-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Papa Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Speaking of TV shows, i used to like that one on CTV with the NHL team in Hamilton, the Hamilton Steelheads was their name on the show, i think.
I think the show was called Powerplay and lasted two seasons.
I loved that show! It was a great mix of comedy/drama that showed how a team functions both on and off the ice. I have no clue why CTV cancelled it!

Old
07-12-2004, 04:42 AM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Just one question, why didn't the Bulldogs get Hanrahan to play goal for them?
He is too short, and "his wife IS a ****!"

Closed Thread