HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stoll Suspended 1 Game

Old
04-15-2011, 02:50 PM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Feel like it should have been 2 with the missed call but, maybe they figured that San Jose won so no harm no foul? Either way... Schenn?

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Deserved. Gotta bring up Schenn now. Even if we lose Game 2 as a result of the suspension it's not the end of the world. Still games past that.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think it is a must. He doesn't even lose a year if he gets called up for that one game. We don't have the depth to replace both Kopitar and Stoll without a call-up. Pressure be damned, the kid needs to play.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:56 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It Stinks!

Better than 0 games

@()#$ you @#()$ kings fans !()#!@#_!!!1111

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:59 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Well.. I don't see how it won't be Schenn coming up now

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

They could have given Stoll more, but I'll take it.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
One game.

Schenn can play one game without taking a year off his contract.

Bring him up. Play him. If he makes a considerable difference, keep him up. If he doesn't, send him down and we'll have Stoll for the LA games.

Do it, Dean.
REALLY hard to argue with this.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
DeeMeck

BS.

If the league felt he targeted the head and it was dirty he should have gotten more.

If the league felt it was a an unfortunate hockey play he should have gotten zero.

I hate this constant middle of the road crap. If they want head-checking out than grow some balls when making a suspension. 1 game is not a deterrent.

It should have been 2-4 games, or 0 games. 1 game is a chicken**** suspension that appeases everyone except for the players who get hit in the head.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Honestly, if you suspend Stoll, you have to suspend Demers as well.

While dirty, Stoll's hit was obviously unintentional. Demers hit, was dirty and intentional.
I agree with this. I understand the league suspending Stoll but Matt Cooke just got suspended for something similar to what Demers did. That was a horse **** play and I can't believe there was no call on the ice for that.

The NHL's system of discipline is really equitable.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
ScottyDont

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
Feel like it should have been 2 with the missed call but, maybe they figured that San Jose won so no harm no foul? Either way... Schenn?
How is losing a top defenseman for 1st round or the whole playoffs no harm...

ScottyDont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
BS.

If the league felt he targeted the head and it was dirty he should have gotten more.

If the league felt it was a an unfortunate hockey play he should have gotten zero.

I hate this constant middle of the road crap. If they want head-checking out than grow some balls when making a suspension. 1 game is not a deterrent.

It should have been 2-4 games, or 0 games. 1 game is a chicken**** suspension that appeases everyone except for the players who get hit in the head.
I agree completely with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I agree with this. I understand the league suspending Stoll but Matt Cooke just got suspended for something similar to what Demers did. That was a horse **** play and I can't believe there was no call on the ice for that.

The NHL's system of discipline is really equitable.
I also agree with this. If Smyth gets injured on that it's just as bad as what Stoll did. Stoll ~3 games, Demers 1-2

Old
04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDont View Post
How is losing a top defenseman for 1st round or the whole playoffs no harm...
When your the NHL front office? Who knows. I disagree, I think it definitely should have been more than 1 game. Just trying to figure out what was going through their heads when they decided on 1 game.

Old
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dear NHL:

I'm happy you made a good call here. Now that you've shown that Colin Campbell goes to bed after 7:30, can we please open the vault of questionable hits on Kings players that you had previously chosen to ignore? There's even one in this very same game. Thank you.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Janney

vCash: 50
Quote:
BS.

First of all, I have some new found respect for Kings fans.

That's what it seems like to me as well, that they're just trying to appease both sides. I think there should be a mandatory press statement/release from the Disciplinary Committee on every suspension. Right now their inconsistency is making the league appear as a joke, your obviously right when you say "1 game is not a deterrent"

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

http://twitter.com/Buccigross/status...87492891820032

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
SLang

Here's an admittedly unpopular post: what are the odds that White miraculously feels better tomorrow and plays? With the gamesmanship in the NHL nothing would surprise me any more. Don't take this to mean I don't think the hit was bad or the suspension undeserved.

Old
04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
LionSpeak
threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Here's an admittedly unpopular post: what are the odds that White miraculously feels better tomorrow and plays? With the gamesmanship in the NHL nothing would surprise me any more. Don't take this to mean I don't think the hit was bad or the suspension undeserved.
He wasn't on the ice today. It's looking pretty bleak.

LionSpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:33 PM
GuyInARoom

Quote:
What's the theory here? White fakes the injury and forces San Jose to play the remainder of game 1 with 5 defensemen on the hope that Stoll gets suspended for an edge in game 2?

Doesn't seem very likely to me.

GuyInARoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:33 PM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

Quote:
BS.

That is perfectly said.

I continue to be impressed with how reasonable and fair Kings fans are. Really wish we weren't playing you, would like you guys to do well.

04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInARoom View Post
What's the theory here? White fakes the injury and forces San Jose to play the remainder of game 1 with 5 defensemen on the hope that Stoll gets suspended for an edge in game 2?

Doesn't seem very likely to me.
Not at all. But it's possible that he might feel better the next day than he thought he might, for sure. And if the Sharks felt the Kings might lose their best face-off man to suspension, they certainly would not put White on the ice today pending the decision.

Look, I'm bored, and conspiracy theories are fun. Don't read too much into it....

Lemme add some of these....

Old
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It Stinks!

Quote:
Not at all. But it's possible that he might feel better the next day than he thought he might, for sure. And if the Sharks felt the Kings might lose their best face-off man to suspension, they certainly would not put White on the ice today pending the decision.

Look, I'm bored, and conspiracy theories are fun. Don't read too much into it....

Lemme add some of these....
While it always is a possibility of miraculous recovery, I don't think the Sharks will risk placing him in the game if the team keeps things under control. The Sharks have been very cautious with injuries, even to a point of annoyance to some fans.

slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
that would be one hell of an acting job on White's part. I doubt you'll see him for at least a few games. There is no question he received a concussion. To what degree is a separate issue.

On a side note, I can't believe Dan Hamhuis is playing in the playoffs. Did he not have 2 concussions this year the last one happening about a month ago?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Okay, this is not unexpected. Does anyone think the NHL should be looking at the Demers hit as well?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:50 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
That is perfectly said.

I continue to be impressed with how reasonable and fair Kings fans are. Really wish we weren't playing you, would like you guys to do well.
Agreed.
GL in game 2

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:55 PM
LionSpeak
threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Okay, this is not unexpected. Does anyone think the NHL should be looking at the Demers hit as well?
Sure, as long as the league is consistent. But I wonder if that's too much to ask for sometimes.

LionSpeak is offline   Reply With Quote