HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Krejci upset with guess who? PK Subban!

Old
04-15-2011, 12:43 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

vCash: 500
Haha I hope you beat them. All they do is complain.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
People like to say that kind of thing with authority to make it look as if it's true but always fail to bring up a solid argument to back it up. Seriously, what does PK do that's any worse than what a crap ton of other players do ?

It's especially funny when fans of the flyers, pens and bruins come to us to tell us Subban is classless when they have guys like Pronger, Carcillo, Cooke and Marchand on their roster. Double standards much?

PK is all class outside of the rink and in the medias. You'll never hear him trash talk or complain ever. On the ice ? He does whatever is needed to win. And that's not anything that's never been done before. And when it has, it wasn't complained about nearly anywhere near as much as when Subban has been doing it.

I say mission accomplished kid. Keep trolling them all, it's obviously working.
The problem you have is you can't admit this kid is downright classless and lacks respect on the ice.

The problem I don't have is I can recognize players on my team that have the same problem.

Hell even Matt Cooke is a good guy off the ice.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
forget about 911

somebody call the whaaambulance

the bruins are so weak mentally, its hilarious. crying, whining and complaining after every loss against us. you barely ever (if at all) see that from our players.

the funniest thing i keep hearing is that the bruins thought the only thing they did wrong was not score. ok. play the exact same way ..see what happens.
LOL seriously I'm glad they think that, even the coach must be pissed off they think that. Okay cool, keep sticking to that "strategy"

Maybe David Cryplease will keep hooking people in the offensive zone, that seems to win games according to Cryplease.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:45 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Not what I was getting at. He's one of those players you hate when he's on the other team, and one who's loved on your team.

Although I'm not in that general discussion because I'd hate him if he ever became a Flyer anyway.
too bad you guys he'll never be a flyer, because believe me you wouldn't hate him if he was on your team. If you dont hate Pronger, you wouldnt hate Suban.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
somebody call the whaaambulance
Someone apologize to Jee, this should be our playoff theme in retort to Boston's

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyleOdelein

So, we've gotten the 'classless' comments out of the way. Now all we need is a Pens fan to make a "highstepping" comment and a Bruins fan to make a partially veiled threat and our job is done.

Let's hurry this up people, it's Friday!

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
E = CH²

Quote:
The problem you have is you can't admit this kid is downright classless and lacks respect on the ice.
You keep saying that, what makes him so disrespectful and classless on the ice ?

Embellishing ? Countless players embellish on every team and it's not complained about like that.

Yapping ? Countless players yap on every team, and have been yapping for the past 100 years to try and get their opponent off their game.

Slashing and cross checking ? Again... been done a million times.

I mean, what does he do that is so much worse than others ? And how many games have you watched of him to form this opinion ?

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:48 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
too bad you guys he'll never be a flyer, because believe me you wouldn't hate him if he was on your team. If you dont hate Pronger, you wouldnt hate Suban.
I don't hate or love Pronger, he's whatever, IMO he's going to be a bad contract for the Flyers in 2 years.

Hell I prefer USA hockey over the Flyers anyway, and if you wanna knit pick my favorite Flyers........Giroux, Meszaros, Carle, JvR, Bobrovsky, Timonen, Leino

Have at it!

Old
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
PK is a great player, but lacks class, hence why all 29 other teams hate him.

If you honestly disagree, your that biased that your blind of this kids tactics.

Just came here to say that.
I completely agree 100% with you. It's part of his role and what makes him a great player. We need to not get fooled tho. He lacks of class in his hockey player role vs other teams mentally weak players such as Richards, Vinny, Lupul ... and now Cry-Chi who let him get under their skins and go cry out to the media. He's a smart guy. He's like their kryptonite, hence why all 29 teams that hate him would take him in their team anyday. He's a gem!

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Class is overrated. You play to win the game, by any means necessary.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:50 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
You keep saying that, what makes him so disrespectful and classless on the ice ?

Embellishing ? Countless players embellish on every team and it's not complained about like that.

Yapping ? Countless players yap on every team, and have been yapping for the past 100 years to try and get their opponent off their game.

Slashing and cross checking ? Again... been done a million times.

I mean, what does he do that is so much worse than others ? And how many games have you watched of him to form this opinion ?
I didn't mean to imply its ONLY him, obviously theres players who do these things. But what I'm saying is PK is consistently in these conversations, and consistently gets complained about. Sounds like he's entering a well respected field of Matt Cooke, Avery, Carcilo, Gillies.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:50 PM
neofury*

Quote:
People like to say that kind of thing with authority to make it look as if it's true but always fail to bring up a solid argument to back it up. Seriously, what does PK do that's any worse than what a crap ton of other players do ?

It's especially funny when fans of the flyers, pens and bruins come to us to tell us Subban is classless when they have guys like Pronger, Carcillo, Cooke and Marchand on their roster. Double standards much?

PK is all class outside of the rink and in the medias. You'll never hear him trash talk or complain ever. On the ice ? He does whatever is needed to win. And that's not anything that's never been done before. And when it has, it wasn't complained about nearly anywhere near as much as when Subban has been doing it.

I say mission accomplished kid. Keep trolling them all, it's obviously working.
He's Black, he's Canadian, and he plays for the habs and was a lifelong habs fan.

He wasn't a top pick, and for once the habs stole something from the draft. People are just angry about it and truthfully while fanbases of 29 other teams hate PK and same with the media, 29 other GM's would kill to have him on their team. In the words of our trolling friend, "If you honestly disagree, your that biased that your blind of this kids tactics."

By the way I also know people whose second language is English who write a more grammatically correct post then that. I cringed as I copy pasted it.

Either way, the mere fact that even he says that he's the kind of player people hate when he's on another team, but love to have when he's on yours, but then go on to say he'd still not want to have him, just leads me to believe that if anyone's bias here it isn't just habs fans, it's him. Probably a racist too.

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply its ONLY him, obviously theres players who do these things. But what I'm saying is PK is consistently in these conversations, and consistently gets complained about. Sounds like he's entering a well respected field of Matt Cooke, Avery, Carcilo, Gillies.
Cause he's a flamboyant black player who plays for the habs. If you can't see that this is the reason even after some Toronto fans even concurred that a lot of the PK stuff is just pure BS, then you're just crazy.

I won't say he's the cleanest player far from it, just saying he's done things a lot of typical non-Avery types have done and it gets brought to light 100x more. Does that make Subban bad because there's a double standard that a habs player can't do these types of things?

Give it a rest troll, nobody here is going to buy the kool-aid you're selling. Now go watch your Flyers lose in the 1st round.

People hate it when you're better than them they don't hate start worrying then. (24 cups ringing in my ears)

Detroit and Toronto fans know what I'm talking about, yes, even Toronto fans. This isn't a competition to see whose classier, if you want that go watch PGA. This isn't the broad street bullies time to shine, teams like Boston and Philly are a ****ing joke if they think they're going to bully and injure their way to a cup. Heart talent and determination will beat that every time unless against really weak teams. I respect their offensive and defensive talent and even goaltending, but they could be far better teams if they'd focus on the actual sport of hockey, not the sport of who can injure enough players to get a shot at the cup. I mean heck, you're a Philly fan from NJ, no wonder you just don't "get it". Jersey is a good organization by today's standards and you ditch them for a team that can't even assault their way to a cup series victory.

Last edited by neofury*: 04-15-2011 at 12:59 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:

The problem I don't have is I can recognize players on my team that have the same problem.

I don't agree on that tho.. You can't go there. Cooke is a DIRTY and avg skilled player where as Subban is a CLEAN, CLASSLESS vs other teams mentally weak but charming, SUPER SKILLED elite player.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
gusfring

Quote:

My cousin played about 20 games vs Subban in junior and has no idea what these guys are talking about. He never had a problem with him.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If I had a dollar for every Bruin whining in the media after a loss, I could quit my job already. Embarassing.
You should make a complaint to Emploi Quebec if you are making so little.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Boston sound exactly like Washington and Pittsburg last year.

The only who was not cooky in the media was the Flyers

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:

If being classless and disrespectful means diving every now and then to sell a call, then I think 99% of the players in the NHL are just that.
At the end of the day, Krejci should shut up about it. But I can't blame him for it, the leadership in Boston is just awful.

What really makes me laugh is that he feels his line dominated us because they controlled the puck in our zone. You can skate fast and cycle the puck around the boards for 5min against us, WE LET YOU DO IT. The fact he doesn't even recognize this as our gameplan really makes me wonder if these guys even know anything about our defensive system.
Letting the opponents cycle the puck and making them stay on the perimeter is exactly what we want. How he translate that into them dominating us is rather funny.
If domination to him is only 4shots on goal, -3, 1 scoring chance from a flying Lucic, then they will find this series very frustrating.

I know this is only one game, but the post game reactions seem copy-pasted from last year. It's hilarious.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
mtl_felix

Subban dives? Then don't hook him.

ePiK.

Deal with it.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Cole

pk is in these guys heads and its getting them off their game...love it

the cavemen line got completely shutout yesterday agaisnt pk and gill

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
He's Black, he's Canadian, and he plays for the habs and was a lifelong habs fan.

He wasn't a top pick, and for once the habs stole something from the draft. People are just angry about it and truthfully while fanbases of 29 other teams hate PK and same with the media, 29 other GM's would kill to have him on their team. In the words of our trolling friend, "If you honestly disagree, your that biased that your blind of this kids tactics."

By the way I also know people whose second language is English who write a more grammatically correct post then that. I cringed as I copy pasted it.

Either way, the mere fact that even he says that he's the kind of player people hate when he's on another team, but love to have when he's on yours, but then go on to say he'd still not want to have him, just leads me to believe that if anyone's bias here it isn't just habs fans, it's him. Probably a racist too.
He'd be a great Flyer, your right, he's a great player.

Are you honestly calling me a racist? Thats just not right too do.

Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

Please define "class on the ice", please provide clear examples that show Subban doing those actions that are contrary while also providing clear examples of the opposing and general reaction that would be deemed of 'class' in the same scenario.

Arrogance in sports is not classless, it's a way to get in your opponent's head. Grow-up, it's part of the game. The players who are hated the most for doing that, are those who back up that arrogance with dominant play. In most sports, those are the rare players that come out of the pack. My favorite players of all time were all like that... Roy, Jordan... and now Subban.

If you watch the NBA, Subban is mild in comparison. So does it have to do with the mentality of hockey vs basketball... or the 'white' way vs the black way?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
Class is overrated. You play to win the game, by any means necessary.
Exactly why Claude Lemieux has more Stanley Cups and Conn Smythes than a guy like Martin St-Louis or Pavel Datsyuk

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:55 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

We should video update that lol

Old
04-15-2011, 12:56 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Ok it isn't only him. If I go look at your post history, am I going to see you go to other team's boards to complain about all the classless players of every team or do you just feel the need to do that when it comes to Subban?

Just curious.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:58 PM
tinyzombies

A hook is a hook. What about the fashwash dive on White and Horton's dive early in the game, not to mention Chara's cheapshot elbow on Pleky.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote