HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 2 | Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins 7PM EST CBC, RDS, NESN

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Didn't get a chance to post last night, I had my PhD defense today (I passed) but after last night, I re-sign Sopel. It was only one game but his size, shot blocking ability and Cup experience is a great complement to what we'll have next year. Shift Gorges to a top 4 role and keep Sopel as #6. You can do far worse than this guy. It may be a blessing in disguise that we were able to acquire him. His compete level is great too.

Markov, Gorges, Subban, Gill/Hamrlik, Wiz, Sopel and Spacek is a very healthy mix of offense and defense.

Congrats! No small feat (same boat...hoping December).

As for Sopel, he was good at blocking but we were lucky the bruins didn't capitalize on his extremely slow speed. Spacek has to stay aware of that. If the puck gets past them --- clean breakaway. I would say let's see how the playoffs play out. I'd take Gill and Hammer before him and I think we'll see Hammer go. Sopel would be a good sixth though, unless we stack up with an FA. Obviously a long time before we see Tinordi (salivate...).

Sopel got the Sandstrom treatment last night...in a good way.

edit: I just realized I was being captain obvious. I meant behind Spacek.

Old
04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
AntonCH

Gold Jerry, Gold!

Old
04-16-2011, 02:42 PM
strutsboa

I made an ironic video about the Bruins and about how great they think they are. I used Gill and Auld for the "you're okey", I hope you understand the video.

I thought the lyrics matches Bruins mentality pretty good.

Old
04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Pascal

I'm tired of the Bruins fans and the media in general thinking their team is so damn big and bad. I looked it up on TSN.

3 of their regular fwds are 200+ pounds.
We have 7.

It's getting tiresome over the years. We just don't goon it up like they do so we're weaker I guess.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
THIS JUST IN:

Zdeno Chara will play tonight, despite suffering from dehydration earlier this week. The Boston Bruins medical staff, led by Dr. Marcus Recchi, have found a device that will help the Slovak defenseman maintain the fluids level necessary to be on the ice with his teammates, who are facing the Montréal Canadiens at 7:00PM in Game 2 of a "best of 7" series.

(and if you're asking: yes, I'm gonna post this anywhere I can)

athletes are rarely dehydrated - especially when not playing. dr chillseeker says there's an underlying thing---stomach flu ..etc..
if he plays just keep dumping the puck into his end of the ice...make him sweat, make him need intravenous between periods...

Old
04-16-2011, 03:05 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Cammy on Chara and Recchi

I found this article on ckac in french. I'll post the google translate

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...chi-70982.html

Im not sure if the article exists anywhere else in english but I had to share this

"Cammalleri launches an arrow Recchi

Saturday morning, Michael Cammalleri fired the first "boom" for the veteran Mark Recchi.

After the morning skate, Cammalleri attacked Recchi, mocking the health of Zdeno Chara, who was talking quite at the TD Banknorth Garden.

Asked about the possibility of Chara missed the second game of the series, the Habs sniper said that dehydration is never pleasant for a player. Then, in a mocking tone, he added that "it was not a doctor like Recchi and he would not diagnose the injury of a player from another club," turning to the ridiculous player 43.

Recall that incensed Recchi said he was surprised and Max Pacioretty to go to a movie a few days after being severely defeated by Zdeno Chara, posing virtually a diagnosis by comparing the situation to the Pacioretty those Savard and Bergeron.

In addition, the Bruins' winger did not make any friends in Montreal last month when it launched on the airwaves of Boston, the Canadiens were somewhat embellished the injury of Max Pacioretty in order to see Zdeno Chara be suspended.

At that time, the No. 13 Habs had said he was surprised to hear such remarks, are the words of Recchi as "inappropriate, disrespectful and displaced."

Old
04-16-2011, 03:13 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
athletes are rarely dehydrated - especially when not playing. dr chillseeker says there's an underlying thing---stomach flu ..etc..
if he plays just keep dumping the puck into his end of the ice...make him sweat, make him need intravenous between periods...
Hit him often doesn't matter if you knock him down just make it hard for him to play.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Originalsix

Old
04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

So I put together a brief, simple, positive video to get us jacked up for games against the Bruins

I dubbed it 'Im not sure the Bruins really like this'

Hope you all enjoy and GO HABS GO

Old
04-16-2011, 03:21 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
So good. so good. This meme is definitely full of win.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
googlymoogly

If Habs can win this game Boston is in trouble trying to go into Montreal and win two games will be hard. The fans are waiting and will make it a nightmare for Bruins.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:29 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I'm tired of the Bruins fans and the media in general thinking their team is so damn big and bad. I looked it up on TSN.

3 of their regular fwds are 200+ pounds.
We have 7.

It's getting tiresome over the years. We just don't goon it up like they do so we're weaker I guess.
Ya, really and 2 of them play on the same line and the third one (thornton) plays 5 mins a game

Old
04-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
is it true halpern is back in and AK is out?

Old
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
If Habs can win this game Boston is in trouble trying to go into Montreal and win two games will be hard. The fans are waiting and will make it a nightmare for Bruins.
In recent history, off the top of my head, if we win the first two against boston, we always win, right? Has that even happened since we won the Cup (94 I can't remember the sequence of events)? Would be even more awesome due to the reason you mentioned (we're going back home).

then again, at least the bruins are going picnicking in Lake Placid to prepare good whiny quotes for game 3.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

I am trying not to get ahead of myself but can you imagine if we take game 2 and go up 2-0 heading home, a place where they have haven't won!

They would have to win 2 our 4 games in our barn and 4 games before we win 2. We would have beaten them in 6-8 meetings before going home.

I love our chances!!!

Old
04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Hey 99GoHabsGo99. You really messed up on the roster. Here's the new lineup.

Lucy - Crychichi - TimBits
MarchAndHyde - Bergeron - Doc
RideHer - KellyAnne - Beverley
HommeDePaille - Chunky - Thor-N-Tin

Chacha - Boychik
Kaburly - AluminumSiding
Florence - McQuail/McQuaadludes. (Julien hasn't decide yet.)

Management has decided to change everyone except Bergeron.
LOL!! I love being juvenile game day!!

Old
04-16-2011, 03:38 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
is it true halpern is back in and AK is out?
Kosty didn't skate this morning, Halpern did. But it's still a game time decision.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:43 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
That's mine!

I'm gonna say 4-2 Habs

Eller
Gomez
Cammy
Subban

Old
04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
habtastic

We do well when I don't make a prediction. Just GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Old
04-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Chara was probably nervous as fook and couldn't handle it. He's s****ing his pants.

Old
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Recchi Howser MD or Doogie Recchi MD

Someone good at photoshop

Old
04-16-2011, 04:02 PM
habsfanwpg27*

I really feel like everyone thinks were going to lose this one.

But I Believe.

Go Habs Go!!

Old
04-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Andy

Ckac 5 minutes ago said Kostitsyn and Halpern will not be ready to play tonight and then Weber will be dressed.

has this been confirmed anywhere else? Maybe I heard it wrong. Before they announced, literally like 3 minutes before they said Andrei was a game time decision.

Please we need Andrei.

Old
04-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwpg27 View Post
I really feel like everyone thinks were going to lose this one.

But I Believe.

Go Habs Go!!
If we can hold them off for the first 10 minutes I like our chances.

I woudnt be surprise if one of their goons takes an early run at him too.

Old
04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
LyleOdelein

I'm about to get all Buzz Killington for a bit, but I feel like venting here. You know what's sad about the Recchi garbage? The fact that the idiotic thinking behind the original comments will linger for much longer than they should. Don't get me wrong, I find the Recchi meme hilarious. It's inspired some truly brilliant comedy from many posters who are wittier than me. It's just that every now and again I'm struck with the recognition of how disgusting the sensibilities were that laid underneath Recchi's statement and the sheep who defended it (whether it was made from sheer stupidity then backtracked on as I think, or as an act of wily gamesmanship as some believe is irrelevant to my point).

Marc Savard was hit by Cooke on March 7th last year and was cleared for return by team doctors on April 26th (this was made public on the following day).

Pacioretty was injured by Chara on March 8th and his clearance for return is nowhere in sight. If his recovery followed Savard's pattern, he would be cleared for action on the day of game 7.

Ironically, the primary reason for most criticism of Pacioretty's diagnosis as being overstated rested directly on a comparison to Savard's recovery. Apparently, Max's ability to watch Hall Pass relatively shortly after his injury was an indication that his concussion was nowhere near as serious as Savard's career altering concussion. In most B's fans opinions that I encountered, Dr. Recchi's diagnosis was met with a sense that there was a nugget of truth underneath. If Savard had to sit in a dark room, it was obvious that Pacioretty's movie watching ability meant he wasn't injured as critically as Savard was.

We sit 11 days away from Pacioretty missing more time before clearance than Savard did last year. This will quietly pass and the Habs will still be criticized for exaggerating his condition in veiled ways in the future. We will still be labeled as whiners for implying that Pacioretty's injury could have significant career implications. The 911 joke will still be thrown around as a joke about how some Habs fans made a huge deal out of what was a minor incident histrionically overemphasized by oversensitive fans. Bruins fans will continue to hate on Matt Cooke for ruining Savard's career, then quickly scoff at us for our melodramatic (as they see it) response to Chara's actions.

The brutal thing is, the easy counter-argument to this point will be "Well, it's obvious Savard came back too soon." Sadly, this strawman will not be recognized as such and many people will get bogged down in arguing when Savard's ideal return should have been slated in comparison to Pacioretty's return (whenever it happens).

I know this is probably a little too long to get much attention in a GDT, but I just felt like getting that off my chest.

Back to business... Go Habs Go!

Closed Thread