HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

+/- Penguins vs. Lightning: Lightning Win 5-1, Series Tied 1-1

Old
04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
cassius

vCash: 500
My point is you gotta score goals to win hockey games.... and our offense is nowhere to be seen. Our PP? I'm not even going there. It's the same exact thing that happened last year against MTL.

You could have Martin Brodeur between the pipes and Scott Stevens/Scotty Neidermayer on D, but none of that matters if you can't score goals.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:17 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I'll always come back to this: what do you suggest they try that hasn't already been tried?

When something, ANYTHING gets this bad, it starts to fall on the players, especially when you see a ton of other things that work so well for a lineup that's so shorthanded.
Fair enough. I don't deny that it simply comes down to the players going out there and getting it done, most of the time. In all areas of the game.

But I will always come back to this, for my part... the powerplay has, by and large, been hot garbage for the past two + seasons. There have been a multitude of players who have come through here and who have been tried in various roles on the man advantage. It's always looked sub-par, at best. What is the constant? Are all of those players to blame for their lack of execution and seeming inability to work the powerplay?

I don't know what they need to try. I honestly couldn't tell you what has or hasn't already been tried, to date. Kudos to you if you can. I don't know if that's the point, though. If the coach comes up with one or more new plans of attack and nobody goes out there and executes for two years... is it less of a failure of the coach and his staff that it continues to go on this way?

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote