HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

+/- Penguins vs. Lightning: Lightning Win 5-1, Series Tied 1-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2011, 09:28 PM
  #51
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Neal and Kovalev are basically being expected to step in and carry the team's offense. Not only did they have to get used to a new system immediately, they had to get used to new linemates and be the guys relied on for offense. That's a tough situation to be in. I'm holding judgement on Neal until I see him with Sid or Geno.

I knew what we were getting with Kovy, and he's been what I expected. Love/hate

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
  #52
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,561
vCash: 500
Neal is playing well BTW, he just isn't scoring. Is the fact that he is not scoring dissappointing? of course it is. The person who called him Poni doesn't understand hockey. Poni wasn't playing well in any aspect. He was a one trick "poni"

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
  #53
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
I think they have considering the position they were traded into. The pens didn't trade for a Kovalev of once upon a time, and Neal is very young in unfamiliar territory.

What do you want to do trade Neal?

The point was not every player is going to transition well in every trade. Remember this, Hossa had the likes of Crosby and Malkin to lean on and who do Neal & Kovalev have?

Doesn't really matter the name though because it's true either way.
No, I don't want to trade him, but I'm calling him out that's all. He needs to be better if the Pens want to advance.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:32 PM
  #54
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
- I really want to kill Matt Cooke right now. We need him badly IMO.

-
I'm not a big Matt Cooke fan and he is an idiot on so many levels for ending up in his situation. He basically screwed his team mates over due to being lazy/stupid/cheap. But yea we could really use him right now.

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
  #55
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Neal is playing well BTW, he just isn't scoring. Is the fact that he is not scoring dissappointing? of course it is. The person who called him Poni doesn't understand hockey. Poni wasn't playing well in any aspect. He was a one trick "poni"
Yes, Poni sucked and comparing him to Neal is comparing apples an oranges and we all know only Chuck Norris can do that.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:34 PM
  #56
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,077
vCash: 500
Respect MSL. "Getting hurt is part of the game, my motivation is being down 1 game to nothing."

Response to the question if getting his teeth broken was his motivation.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
  #57
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Neal is playing well BTW, he just isn't scoring. Is the fact that he is not scoring dissappointing? of course it is. The person who called him Poni doesn't understand hockey. Poni wasn't playing well in any aspect. He was a one trick "poni"
Yea Poni coined the term "stink on ice" when he was in Pittsburgh. He seems to do better in other towns for some reason.

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:37 PM
  #58
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Neal is playing well BTW, he just isn't scoring. Is the fact that he is not scoring dissappointing? of course it is. The person who called him Poni doesn't understand hockey. Poni wasn't playing well in any aspect. He was a one trick "poni"
I don't even think he was a one-trick pony. He had nothing up his sleeve.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
  #59
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Penguin View Post
Yea Poni coined the term "stink on ice" when he was in Pittsburgh. He seems to do better in other towns for some reason.
Ask LA fans what they think of him.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
  #60
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
No, I don't want to trade him, but I'm calling him out that's all. He needs to be better if the Pens want to advance.
Of course we all want him to score, but he's also not exactly having that many chances really falling at his feet. (quality scoring chances) One/two a game?

He always seems to have guys all over him or is in such tight quarters when he shoots.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
  #61
PensPlz
Registered User
 
PensPlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
+ Orpik inflicting pain

-- Powerplay

- Everything else


Get Letang off the powerplay!

PensPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:40 PM
  #62
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Neal and Kovalev are basically being expected to step in and carry the team's offense. Not only did they have to get used to a new system immediately, they had to get used to new linemates and be the guys relied on for offense. That's a tough situation to be in. I'm holding judgement on Neal until I see him with Sid or Geno.

I knew what we were getting with Kovy, and he's been what I expected. Love/hate
Completely agree with all of that. Its a tough transition especially for Neal. At least Kovy has been here before.

And we are pretty much seeing vintage Kovy. Except he's a little heavier, a little slower, a little slipperyrierer but just as reluctant to pull the trigger. He's also a little smarter it seems.

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:41 PM
  #63
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
Ask LA fans what they think of him.
Ask Pittsburgh fans what they think of him...

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:43 PM
  #64
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
+ Orpik inflicting pain

-- Powerplay

- Everything else


Get Letang off the powerplay!
And replace him with who? that's the problem

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
  #65
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
Get Letang off the powerplay!
Maybe thats not a bad idea. Letang does rack up big minutes and maybe its effecting him. Michalek, Lovejoy and Nisky all seem more eager to one time the puck than Letang nowadays. But one thing is Letang does feed nice one timer passes over to Michalek.

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:47 PM
  #66
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
+ Orpik inflicting pain

-- Powerplay

- Everything else


Get Letang off the powerplay!
No, get Paul Martin off the PP. DB needed to get into Letangs & Talbots grille and settle them down.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
  #67
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Penguin View Post
Ask Pittsburgh fans what they think of him...
Probably the same as LA fans. He wasn't good in other cities, just Toronto we he got more minutes and quality minutes.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
  #68
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
Probably the same as LA fans. He wasn't good in other cities, just Toronto we he got more minutes and quality minutes with no pressure.
Added something I think is important.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:50 PM
  #69
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Penguin View Post
Maybe thats not a bad idea. Letang does rack up big minutes and maybe its effecting him. Michalek, Lovejoy and Nisky all seem more eager to one time the puck than Letang nowadays. But one thing is Letang does feed nice one timer passes over to Michalek.
Like the on in the 3rd period after a face off win that went over to Michalek at like 5 mph that was picked of easily half way through and let to completely unnecessary breakaway?

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:51 PM
  #70
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
Probably the same as LA fans. He wasn't good in other cities, just Toronto we he got more minutes and quality minutes.
Didn't know that. I thought you meant he was playing well in LA. Poni was one of those guys I had heard of but never really saw much of. I knew he had a lot of points prior to arriving in Pittsburgh. And for his short stay I thought he was one of the worst players I had seen come and go during trades. And I thought Satan was really bad.

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:51 PM
  #71
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Added something I think is important.
Kinda true, but in Toronto you're always under some kind of pressure, from fans and media (their own). That's how they keep ruining their goalies.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
  #72
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
Kinda true, but in Toronto you're always under some kind of pressure, from fans and media (their own). That's how they keep ruining their goalies.
Yeah, true.

I guess he's just not that great then.. haha

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
  #73
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Penguin View Post
Didn't know that. I thought you meant he was playing well in LA. Poni was one of those guys I had heard of but never really saw much of. I knew he had a lot of points prior to arriving in Pittsburgh. And for his short stay I thought he was one of the worst players I had seen come and go during trades. And I thought Satan was really bad.
I know it's just stats, but he had 5 goals in 61 games for LA this year, five. At least he didn't cost us much in the trade.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:54 PM
  #74
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Yeah, true.

I guess he's just not that great then.. haha
Yeah, he really really sucks ever since he came to Pittsburgh.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
  #75
Happy Penguin
Registered User
 
Happy Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
Like the on in the 3rd period after a face off win that went over to Michalek at like 5 mph that was picked of easily half way through and let to completely unnecessary breakaway?
Was thinking more along the lines of the pass he fed Michalek who rang it off the crossbar tonite. But yea Letang's judgement is really bad at times. Again maybe thats a sign he's playing too many minutes and its catching up to him.

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.