HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECQF: (3) Boston Bruins vs (6) Montreal Canadiens PART II

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2011, 02:59 AM
MR50goalscorer
Grabo nets 50 !

vCash: 500

Old
04-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Habs Fan In Ottawa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Wrong.

The list isn't long, but that is an incorrect statement.

You really really wanted to post for the sake of posting eh? Oh no, he forgot Shawn Thornton, how could he forget that 4th liner

Maybe you missed the point of his post, so let me break it down a little. In order to win, B's must:
- Block shots
- Control the puck better
- Less penalties (Habs will start capitalizing on a more frequent basis)
- Julien should step it up, he's getting outcoached
- Thomas...can't make the first or second save? Give Rask a chance
- B's should try keeping up with the Habs' speed
- Line changes might help...1st line isn't doing much.

You're welcome BostonRocker and anyone else I helped. Enjoy the rest of the series my friend.

Old
04-17-2011, 03:34 AM
MM425

The Habs have executed, Boston has not. Plain and simple really.

Like him or hate him, but you do have to give Jacques Martin credit for getting the Habs to buy into playing great team defense.

Habs aren't out of the woods yet though. I think it was 2006 where Montreal took the first two games on the road vs. Carolina and still ended up winning the series.

Old
04-17-2011, 03:39 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

the bruins need a fast forward with a quick release who can outskate the habs blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
I love Thomas but...

Rask next game?

Thomas has been exceedingly disappointing in his NHL playoff appearances (that being one of the reasons I picked Montreal to win the series).
How is replacing Thomas going to improve the Bruins' scoring? Thomas is fine. you're not going to win by scoring one goal.

Last edited by vezna*: 04-17-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old
04-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Coedae

Many people say and said that Boston is the number one favorite team to win Eastern Conference and here we are. Two home games, one goal and two losses. How could this team win Eastern Conference? Julien, you must do something and hurry. Is so probable that Boston will lose this series 4-0. Habs is so disciplined team right now and maybe they go far in this years playoffs...

Boston's attackers should be better in next games if Boston wants win even one game.

Montreal is waiting.

Old
04-17-2011, 04:13 AM
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
Most Bruin fans recognize this, sadly the one who makes the decisions (Julien) does not.

Seguin instantly brings speed/creativity... both are lacking on this team right now... as is the player with the best of those qualities on the team. Makes no sense.
I agree with you both, but unfortunately it won't matter because Julien will still be the coach...

Seguin playing 8 minutes on the 4th line is not going to accomplish anything. And it's basically been this way the entire year. What a waste.

You have to give young players a chance to succeed. Exhibit A - Jeff Skinner. Unfortunately Julien doesn't understand this...

Old
04-17-2011, 04:17 AM
Claypool

Boston can easily go back home tied 2-2, but I don't know if they can win 4 out of the next 5 games.

Old
04-17-2011, 04:37 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
I agree with you both, but unfortunately it won't matter because Julien will still be the coach...

Seguin playing 8 minutes on the 4th line is not going to accomplish anything. And it's basically been this way the entire year. What a waste.

You have to give young players a chance to succeed. Exhibit A - Jeff Skinner. Unfortunately Julien doesn't understand this...
Eller on the Habs had little ice time over the season, mostly on 3rd and 4th lines... and he looked just fine out there tonight if you ask me...

Old
04-17-2011, 04:39 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
Boston can easily go back home tied 2-2, but I don't know if they can win 4 out of the next 5 games.

easily ? you're pushing it... B's were already shaky starting the second game... now down 0-2, next game in Montreal...

Old
04-17-2011, 04:39 AM
sakiaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
The Habs have executed, Boston has not. Plain and simple really.

Like him or hate him, but you do have to give Jacques Martin credit for getting the Habs to buy into playing great team defense.

Habs aren't out of the woods yet though. I think it was 2006 where Montreal took the first two games on the road vs. Carolina and still ended up winning the series.
It's actually a bit worse than that, I'm afraid. The last two times the Canadiens have won games 1 and 2 on the road, they lost the series. The previous time was in 1996 against the Rangers.

Old
04-17-2011, 04:54 AM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
It's actually a bit worse than that, I'm afraid. The last two times the Canadiens have won games 1 and 2 on the road, they lost the series. The previous time was in 1996 against the Rangers.
There you go. Even more reminders from history for the Habs to stay grounded.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Karma? The B's have to man up, and stop talking to the media...
All comes down to the coach.

Now, I know lots of Bruins fans have been all "fire Julien" but up till this point I been on the fence pretty much... but I am sick of the idiot.

Why does players talking to media come to coach? Because if they were properly disciplined or if the coach was smart, they would do what they could to eliminate "bulletin board material"

Detroit, Montreal, Chicago, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Penguins, Tampa, Rangers, Nashville, Phoenix, Washington, Anaheim... any of these teams have any players or anyone else come out and discuss their opponents?... nope, but Boston does.

Comes back on the coach and the atmosphere he has created on that team/dressing room.

There are other reasons too why Julien should be canned... play to "not lose" versus "playing to win" is the major one. Julien plays passive/defensive style and goal #1 is to not lose... not when your opponent is down go for the jugular.

I mean, when Chris Kelly has more playing time than Patrice Bergeron, there is issues.

If anything, this series has made me see the light, and Claude Julien is a loser because he lacks the balls to go for it.

If you have a loser coach, you have a loser team... it's that simple.

No changes will be made... Julien is too stubborn, and rather have his "go to" 3rd\4th liners

There will be no Segiun... Again, Julien rather play Chris "Invisible" Kelly, than insert any sort of creative into the line up. Lord knows you have one with doublethink, surely more will arise.

There will be no Rask... Thomas has gotten us here and Julien will ride him till the bitter end.

There is no savior, but perhaps a saving grace that this embarrassment of a series, will get this embarrassment of a coach fired.

I am sick and tired of seeing my team "playing not to lose".

/rant.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
^^^^ A loser coach can't help a team win a division and 103 point finish. But agreed, he makes a lot of idiotic moves. I swear I see Kelly and Recchi out there for more time than guys like Bergeron and Krejci.

Experience didn't help win the first 2 games. It's time for Recchi's experiences to take a rest and watch from the box.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
Most Bruin fans recognize this, sadly the one who makes the decisions (Julien) does not.

Seguin instantly brings speed/creativity... both are lacking on this team right now... as is the player with the best of those qualities on the team. Makes no sense.
Not only that, but he might show some determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
^^^^ A loser coach can't help a team win a division and 103 point finish. But agreed, he makes a lot of idiotic moves. I swear I see Kelly and Recchi out there for more time than guys like Bergeron and Krejci.

Experience didn't help win the first 2 games. It's time for Recchi's experiences to take a rest and watch from the box.
Would be great. I loved Recchi in Montréal and had tons of respect for him after he left, but this year he's been a loud mouth *****. Would be nothing better than him being scratched in the playoffs.

Knowing Julien he'd probably scratch Krejci.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
The Montréal Canadiens lead the series 2-0.
That's what happens when you play against a black and gold ice-wrestling team.
The fans cheer more often hits than goals.

Lol.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
I think there is a big difference in the leadership of these two teams. The Habs have strong veteran leadership with guys like Gionta, Gill, and Gomez (for as much **** as he gets, he is very popular among his teammates).

Old
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Hugo Sham

series is far from over...habs know it but are relishing the underdog role. you can see it in the snarky responses by cammalleri to chara's injury. the unsung heroes are the habs kitty corps that is the bottom 6 right now - who are outplaying and out-skating boston's so-called depth. all of them except pouliot, who at 24 is the oldest and the worst of the 6 - are playing great. props to eller, pyatt, white, desharnais --all with great wheels.

as per tomorrow night. i expect it to be boston's best game but i also expect montreal to rise to the challenge and feed off of the extraordinary energy. habs fans are relishing this. no one picked them to win...and many still doubt they can finish the job

Old
04-17-2011, 09:46 AM
number 11

is it just me or do the bruins players have zero respect for their competitors? all we're hearing out of their dressing room is we did this wrong, we did that wrong, we're letting them score on us etc etc.

including the media too, no one's talking about what the habs are doing right so far in this series.

contrast this to the talk out of the habs dressing room, which from day 1 has been talking about how good the bruins are, how they're a tough team etc..

Old
04-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Iwishihadacup

Boston did not win in Mtl ths season, let th tendency continue

Old
04-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
is it just me or do the bruins players have zero respect for their competitors? all we're hearing out of their dressing room is we did this wrong, we did that wrong, we're letting them score on us etc etc.

including the media too, no one's talking about what the habs are doing right so far in this series.

contrast this to the talk out of the habs dressing room, which from day 1 has been talking about how good the bruins are, how they're a tough team etc..
totally - no credit being given to the habs (or very little) - the media, all the internet hockey experts, and even the bruins --all about what they are doing wrong. nothing to do with what habs are doing right. that's fine.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:

Well, if you read the articles in the Boston Herald, they give the habs all the credit.

But coming from Canadian media, they still keep repeating that its the the way it is cause the Bruins arent playing their "game".
And all the bruins team/coach all saying they are playing better, just not working for them., etc

whatever makes them sleep at night.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
The Crowd is going to be insane in Montreal. If Chara doesnt dress, I think this series is over.

Thomas sure doesnt look like a Vezina goalie right now. Seems really nervous.
Bobby Mac had it right in his TSN article: Thomas is neither the problem or the answer right now. He looks like he is playing under the assumption that he can't give up a single goal or the team is sunk. That is a tremendous amount of pressure to play under. His rebound control has been a bit spotty (especially in game 2), but his defense hasn't done him any favors. The Bruins look like a team of smoke & mirrors at the moment. It doesn't help that Price is a wall. I'm not sure what the answer is.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:

It's hard to give credit where credit is due. Bostons top line has been shut-down, wingers look slow as molasses out there. Montreal has played two perfect road games.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
It's hard to give credit where credit is due. Bostons top line has been shut-down, wingers look slow as molasses out there. Montreal has played two perfect road games.
The real question will be how the Habs react if down a goal. We know what they can do with the lead. We haven't touched the surface of this series IMO. I'd like to see the Habs come from behind to win. That would crush the Bruins.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:12 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
series is far from over...habs know it but are relishing the underdog role. you can see it in the snarky responses by cammalleri to chara's injury. the unsung heroes are the habs kitty corps that is the bottom 6 right now - who are outplaying and out-skating boston's so-called depth. all of them except pouliot, who at 24 is the oldest and the worst of the 6 - are playing great. props to eller, pyatt, white, desharnais --all with great wheels.

as per tomorrow night. i expect it to be boston's best game but i also expect montreal to rise to the challenge and feed off of the extraordinary energy. habs fans are relishing this. no one picked them to win...and many still doubt they can finish the job

I think you're playing up the underdog angle way too much. Anyone that has watched hockey for more than a year knows historically Montreal beats Boston when money's on the line. They're Boston's achilles heel.

Closed Thread