HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals
Sean Avery 28 27.45%
Brian Boyle 2 1.96%
Ruslan Fedotenko 4 3.92%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 52 50.98%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.98%
Brandon Prust 2 1.96%
Michael Sauer 1 0.98%
Marc Staal 3 2.94%
Derek Stepan 2 1.96%
Other 7 6.86%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2011, 12:23 AM
  #176
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
well didnt know we were talking about anything other than this series. but good to know you disagree with a guy that has forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know. oh and milbury said this during the olympics, do you want me to list all the names on the russian team he was referring to?
Yes, I sit on the edge of my seat waiting to be taught a great and wise lesson from the guy who traded Luongo because of Dipietro and the other brilliant moves of his that left the Islanders in shambles.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:23 AM
  #177
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
well didnt know we were talking about anything other than this series. but good to know you disagree with a guy that has forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know. oh and milbury said this during the olympics, do you want me to list all the names on the russian team he was referring to?
i wouldn't want you to quote to me anything that mike milbury has to say

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:24 AM
  #178
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
has nothing to do with it.
Talent has nothing to do with it?

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:26 AM
  #179
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yes, I sit on the edge of my seat waiting to be taught a great and wise lesson from the guy who traded Luongo because of Dipietro and the other brilliant moves of his that left the Islanders in shambles.
i respect him as an analyst not a gm. 2 different things. when he said that he wasn't talking about building a team he was pointing out how euro players are soft and play a different game.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:26 AM
  #180
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
i wouldn't want you to quote to me anything that mike milbury has to say
nice exit strategy

i also like how in your list you include potential hall of famers but left off guys like kovalev and zherdev.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:27 AM
  #181
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 350
I hope the Rangers can pull it out, but I know they won't. We'll be lucky to get a win, two wins at the moment seems rather unthinkable. I'm just looking forward to the off season. It's time to sign Richards and clean house. A lot of these guys don't deserve to wear Ranger blue.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:33 AM
  #182
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Gaborik when hes on his game doenst need anyone, and thats why he looked head and shoulders better than everyone else on the rangers roster these past 2 games...but if hes literally the only offensive weapon you got, how easy does that make it for the other team to defend him? shut down gabby, and its game over, u win.
I would agree that usually when a team only has one weapon, he can be shut down. I understand what you're saying, and it seems obvious to me that Gaborik with some sort of physical ailment(s).

In the past, Gaborik was able to more easily take a team on his shoulders, even when not surrounded with offensive dynamos. In the 2003 playoffs, Gaborik was playing for a Minnesota Wild team that was even worse offensively than the 2011 Rangers. In 18 playoff games, he scored 9 goals and had 17 points. Although his centerman Walz put up solid numbers, Gaborik really drove that line and helped create a number of the chances Walz buried. He created offense not only for himself, but also for his linemates, despite being 'the guy' that the opposition wanted to shut down (and the only real scorer on his team). We haven't really seen that type of performance from Gaborik this year, unfortunately, perhaps in part because something physical is holding him back (and in part because of Washington's defensive efforts).

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
  #183
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
His game's just off. Has been all year. I think because the shoulder injury knocked him off. Lecavalier was similar. Took him a while to start playing his game again.

How come he was able to dominate the lesser teams? Was he injured then?
Yes, I would say that he probably was injured then. Perhaps he was able to dominate lesser teams because they were lesser teams. I agree that his game's been off, but I'm not saying that he's been crippled. He's been able to score in spots, often against teams with poor defenses, but he's clearly not playing on the same level he was last year.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
  #184
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I would agree that usually when a team only has one weapon, he can be shut down. I understand what you're saying, and it seems obvious to me that Gaborik with some sort of physical ailment(s).

In the past, Gaborik was able to more easily take a team on his shoulders, even when not surrounded with offensive dynamos. In the 2003 playoffs, Gaborik was playing for a Minnesota Wild team that was even worse offensively than the 2011 Rangers. In 18 playoff games, he scored 9 goals and had 17 points. Although his centerman Walz put up solid numbers, Gaborik really drove that line and helped create a number of the chances Walz buried. He created offense not only for himself, but also for his linemates, despite being 'the guy' that the opposition wanted to shut down (and the only real scorer on his team). We haven't really seen that type of performance from Gaborik this year, unfortunately, perhaps in part because something physical is holding him back.
i think his shot isn't nearly as powerful as last season, and im sure its because of that shoulder injury. with that said, Washington also gets some credit here, not only are they blocking shots, but they are getting in those lanes making Gaborik HAVE to pass up on shots because they will get blocked. Washington has played a damn near flawless 2 games so far imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:37 AM
  #185
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I hope the Rangers can pull it out, but I know they won't. We'll be lucky to get a win, two wins at the moment seems rather unthinkable. I'm just looking forward to the off season. It's time to sign Richards and clean house. A lot of these guys don't deserve to wear Ranger blue.
We're down 2-0 and coming home.

Not down 3-0 and playing game 4 on the road.

This franchise cleans house more often than any other team in the leauge.

We have the highest roster turnover year to year than anyone.

It's time to sign another big name FA to a long deal? ? Cause that's worked out.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:37 AM
  #186
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
Yes, I would say that he probably was injured then. Perhaps he was able to dominate lesser teams because they were lesser teams. I agree that his game's been off, but I'm not saying that he's been crippled. He's been able to score in spots, often against teams with poor defenses, but he's clearly not playing on the same level he was last year.
gabbys goals though, for the most part, have been him just going to the net and getting garbage...last year he was doing that AND scoring with wristers from 30 feet out. half his game is gone when his shot disappeared. the velocity is CLEARLY down.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:40 AM
  #187
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Relax, friend. You and I are in agreement. I'm merely using your posts as a springboard for sarcasm about others' positions. A little levity on a disappointing night and all that.


Not likely. As far as philosopny goes, the dude could be my twin ... except where Brad Richards is concerned.
sorry muchacho, didn't mean to be a jerk. little testy i guess, but i'm actually at peace this postseason. i'm not expecting much so i'm not disappointed.

i just ant to know that the future will be brighter for this team. i'm going to have to wait until July to find that out.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:40 AM
  #188
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think his shot isn't nearly as powerful as last season, and im sure its because of that shoulder injury. with that said, Washington also gets some credit here, not only are they blocking shots, but they are getting in those lanes making Gaborik HAVE to pass up on shots because they will get blocked. Washington has played a damn near flawless 2 games so far imho.

I agree with you. I edited my post shortly after I posted it because I realized that I made it seem like Washington deserved no credit for the fact taht Gaborik's been scoreless. I agree with you that their D has been great. But, like I said, in the past Gaborik has done a lot more in the playoffs with even less in terms of linemate talent, while still being the main focus of the other teams (even more so back then).

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:42 AM
  #189
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
gabbys goals though, for the most part, have been him just going to the net and getting garbage...last year he was doing that AND scoring with wristers from 30 feet out. half his game is gone when his shot disappeared. the velocity is CLEARLY down.

I agree, and that's what I was trying to get at (you articulated it better). He's obviously not playing even close to 100% health, and like you said, his shot seems neutered.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:48 AM
  #190
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
We're down 2-0 and coming home.

Not down 3-0 and playing game 4 on the road.

This franchise cleans house more often than any other team in the leauge.

We have the highest roster turnover year to year than anyone.

It's time to sign another big name FA to a long deal? ? Cause that's worked out.
There's a good core in place, but there's quite a bit of redundancy in terms of player types in this roster. too much third line talent.

It's time to sign a 90p FA center is what time it is. There shouldn't be an aversion to signing FAs as long as they're the right ones.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:51 AM
  #191
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,410
vCash: 50
I want them to just play with some damn heart. They dont have to win this series, no one is expecting them to but at least take the series deep, hit hard, and leave the Caps handicapped for the next team they face.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:11 AM
  #192
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,832
vCash: 500
Time to Cally up in game 3. This is where they show what they're made of.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:19 AM
  #193
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
do u really wanna see this offensively challenged team go deeper into the playoffs?

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:21 AM
  #194
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 14,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfox View Post
there a couple of you guys bashing wolski the guy played 10 min.
I had to stop you right there. For one thing, I am not one of the people 'bashing' Wolski, even though I would prefer he was not wearing a Rangers sweater. I'm pretty fair with giving players a chance.

When putting words in my mouth, I suggest you use punctuation. What a long, long, long run-on sentence that was. I did not take the time to read it all. It was obviously not worth the effort.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:22 AM
  #195
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,506
vCash: 500
The good: The King, Avery, Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko, Dubinsky, and Gaborik (he was the only one on his line it looked like, if he were with any of the above, maybe he could've done something)

The bad: everyone else. Save Prospal who was decent and Wolski who wasn't given a chance anyway.
...and TORTS. Great use of an obviously on Avery. Schmuck.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:42 AM
  #196
PanMan
Registered User
 
PanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
Anybody remeber 4 yrs ago?? ?

07 NYR were down 2-0 to Buffalo, a really, really good Sabres team. They were fast, really fast. We were all but swept and this board looked exactly like it does tonight. We're coming home, guess what happened when we came home that yr? We still have Hank, that's all that matters.


Man I miss Jagr. He was good

PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:55 AM
  #197
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,236
vCash: 500
And of course I lost my internet feed 42 seconds into the game....

I see that Avery has the second most votes here, was he that good ?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 02:18 AM
  #198
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
And of course I lost my internet feed 42 seconds into the game....

I see that Avery has the second most votes here, was he that good ?
I really didn't think so. He had a couple great chances that he completely fumbled and looked good next to Boyle-Prust. But outside of that? He must have been the cause for at least 10 offsides tonight. That really puts a hamper on things when you the largest issue of the night was gaining the offensive zone.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 02:23 AM
  #199
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
And of course I lost my internet feed 42 seconds into the game....

I see that Avery has the second most votes here, was he that good ?
They lost 2 - 0. Nobody was that good. Avery had some good shifts and at least a couple shots on net. Mixed it up a bit with the caps players and was physical. He was being Avery. Managed to stay out of the box but was offsides on a couple of rushes. It was a decent game for him. If your wondering if Zuc will be back in for game 3, I would doubt it, at least not for Avery.

DoTheBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 02:37 AM
  #200
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,236
vCash: 500
So it's another game where we don't score...

Last goal scored was by a defender, when was the last time one of our forwards scored ?

From reading this thread, I see that EC should be benched next and that AA is weak along the boards...So zuke might be back sunday...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.