HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gabby and Christensen combo

Old
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
TheBlueMercow

vCash: 500
Gabby and Christensen combo

Have these two ever had a solid report together? I honestly think both of them are too soft to play on the same line together. We need some big bodies out there if we are going to play this dump and chase game because with these two out there at the same time it's worthless.

TheBlueMercow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 05:28 PM
nyr7andcounting

They have at times but yea at this point I don't think they're doing each other any good. We're playing a more physical team with a defensive style... having 2 softer players who are probably lacking some confidence right now play together doesn't do any good. I'd let Boyle center Gaborik's line because he's not playing terrible and can actually create some space for Gaborik.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueMercow View Post
Have these two ever had a solid report together? I honestly think both of them are too soft to play on the same line together. We need some big bodies out there if we are going to play this dump and chase game because with these two out there at the same time it's worthless.
Sister Christensen is too soft to play in the NHL period. Not nearly effective or efficient enough for top 6 time, and can't play even close to a bottom six game. Skill set is more of a shooter then a passer so PPqb doesn't work out well, and his game is so perimeter he hardly ever gets a clean look at the net to bother shooting (or get it through)

Gaborik's game is just an all around mess. His wheels look shot right now, and he hasn't beat anyone 1-on-1 all season. And I have no idea what is up with his shot. I can't even remember the last time he even fired off a real wrister, nevermind the lasers he's been known for. His selection is slapshot, slapshot, slapshot. His shoulder injury was 6 months ago, and yet his shooting game is jacked. I'm supposed to believe both his speed and shot are gone from phantom injuries this season? If Gabby was really that badly injured, Torts wouldn't be calling him out in the final 3 months of the regular season, and benching him entire periods over and over.

Putting them together is a great way to limit the ineffectualness to a single line, but Torts seems to be giving them ice time and praying they stop sucking

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 05:48 PM
OverTheCap

I don't think EC ever had such great chemistry with Gabby to begin with, Gabby played just as well with Prospal and Dubi last season.

But it doesn't even matter who centers Gaborik right now. Our centers aren't talented enough to make a difference, and Gaborik is ineffective regardless of whom his linemates are.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 05:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

last season? this season I haven't seen anything. maybe there were a few shifts but really nothing.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote