HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chara hospitalized!

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
We're without Pacioretty. I'd say it's fair game if we beat them minus Chara.
And Markov
And Gorges
And Halpern
And dare i say it?.........Picard

Old
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
BREWINZ

Just had to say, the Dr. Recchi comments and the ambulance is hilarious.

Also, I'm sure Chara will be fine, but I have a question. How does a professional athlete fail to stay hydrated?

Old
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
We're without Pacioretty. I'd say it's fair game if we beat them minus Chara.
We already beat them without Mara in the lineup

Old
04-16-2011, 12:25 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
We already beat them without Mara in the lineup
We also beat them without Guy Lafleur. He retired, but people seem to forget that. Not the same team without him yet we still beat the bruins Thursday.

Old
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
Well you count Markov, Georges out as well, we got more firepower out. But still, I don't want any Bruins fans having excuses, lets beat them at full strength.
i hate to tell you this but you're gonna be disappointed in life. You can spot Bruins' fans a three game advantage, 4 goals in the fourth game and win the series 4 games to 3 and they'll still find an excuse.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That's not the point. Some of you need to start showing some class, or I'll personally make it my goal to permanently remove you. We're not ****ing around here.
Holy serious batman..

Old
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
lol, this isn't Auschwitz, calm down, relax, enjoy the game man.. I don't care what Bruins fans think of me or anyone else here. Their team is a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Holy serious batman..
Pretty sure it's all on a Hf boards level guys. A little understanding about what the mods have to deal as far as that series is concerned. I don't see nothing wrong with H10H being hard on disrespectful guys as much as we're hating that opponent. Tough to give them lessons when we can't actually apply it ourselves.

Old
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
We will win, with or without Chara.
By we, you mean the Habs, right?

Old
04-16-2011, 12:35 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty sure it's all on a Hf boards level guys. A little understanding about what the mods have to deal as far as that series is concerned. I don't see nothing wrong with H10H being hard on disrespectful guys as much as we're hating that opponent. Tough to give them lessons when we can't actually apply it ourselves.

Nothing wrong with a good open discussion whether you agree with what the other party is saying or not. Who cares if its classy? Forums are meant to be hilarious and offensive.

Old
04-16-2011, 12:50 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Nothing wrong with a good open discussion whether you agree with what the other party is saying or not. Who cares if its classy? Forums are meant to be hilarious and offensive.
Actually no since according to their rules they aren't. And since you decided to join their website they do have total authority over us.

Old
04-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
That's not the point. Some of you need to start showing some class, or I'll personally make it my goal to permanently remove you. We're not ****ing around here.
Awesome. So your threatening to remove me for not posting anything about Chara other than the above...ok.

All i said was that there is a big difference between a virus and almost killing someone. I didn't think that was a bad comment, but maybe I'm wrong. *Shrug*

Old
04-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well to be honest the comment was directed at me. All I said was there is a big difference between a guy getting a virus and a guy almost being paralized. I hate to say it but there is a HUGE difference. If that deserves a ban....well than I'll take it.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
I've read all 4 pages and haven't seen one single offensive message... Chill out Mods...

On a side note, would be nice to see Chara out of the line-up, but won't happen. We'll still beat their *****. Hoping Kostitsyn hasn't anything serious

Old
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
I hope he's in. I want to beat them fair and square. If he's in and beats us, it is what it is. Just hoping someone is out to increase our chances is just the easy way out. IF anything, if he's sick and plays, it will only help us. So, i hope he's good enough to play.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
RushDP

Quote:
I'm sorry but this is inappropriate. I know the mods have to maintain order but we're not talking about a life threatening issue here. He can be fully hydrated with zero risk and no lingering side effects. If posters want to have fun with this let them. It's harmless and does not erode our class level in any way.

This preemptive censorship is not what the rules state. I read every post and never saw an over the top post. If you removed them than I apologize but from what I see here I can safely say I have seen worse on this very board by OUTSIDERS blasting our team. This is very minor stuff out of fun and not malice.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
lol at trollface in the passenger seat.
My good buddy made that pic, I thought it got deleted. I'm glad to see people are starting to use it!

The trollface was all his idea.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I've read all 4 pages and haven't seen one single offensive message... Chill out Mods...

On a side note, would be nice to see Chara out of the line-up, but won't happen. We'll still beat their *****. Hoping Kostitsyn hasn't anything serious
They've probably cleaned up all the "offensive" posts. Even my post about the Bruins embellishing this story and making fun of Recchi was deleted.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
We've got to pay someone to steal his gatorade bottle tonight!

Old
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
guapo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'm sure he'll be in tonight....probably lost alot of water from all the crying he and his teammates did to the media after game 1

Old
04-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
They've probably cleaned up all the "offensive" posts. Even my post about the Bruins embellishing this story and making fun of Recchi was deleted.
Thats not the point...I'm still trying to find where I posted a offensive message, since this was directed at me?!?!

Old
04-16-2011, 01:22 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Is it that hard for you to use some of your logic and maybe realize that us mods already removed all of the offensive posts? Do you honestly think that we're *****ing and moaning about the posts that we left up?

This isn't just directed at you by the way.

04-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Is it that hard for you to use some of your logic and maybe realize that us mods already removed all of the offensive posts? Do you honestly think that we're *****ing and moaning about the posts that we left up?

This isn't just directed at you by the way.
But it was directed at me. I want to know what the offensive post was? Saying that a virus is much less than a guy almost paralyzed?

Old
04-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I hope he's in. I want to beat them fair and square. If he's in and beats us, it is what it is. Just hoping someone is out to increase our chances is just the easy way out. IF anything, if he's sick and plays, it will only help us. So, i hope he's good enough to play.
THIS JUST IN - HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

Zdeno Chara will play tonight, despite suffering from dehydration earlier this week. The Boston Bruins medical staff, led by Dr. Marcus Recchi, have found a device that will help the Slovak defenseman maintain the fluids level necessary to be on the ice with his teammates, who are facing the Montréal Canadiens at 7:00PM in Game 2 of a "best of 7" series.

Last edited by Bloumeister: 04-16-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
I'm sorry but this is inappropriate. I know the mods have to maintain order but we're not talking about a life threatening issue here. He can be fully hydrated with zero risk and no lingering side effects. If posters want to have fun with this let them. It's harmless and does not erode our class level in any way.

This preemptive censorship is not what the rules state. I read every post and never saw an over the top post. If you removed them than I apologize but from what I see here I can safely say I have seen worse on this very board by OUTSIDERS blasting our team. This is very minor stuff out of fun and not malice.
I'll make it simple so people understand:

Making a joke=Funny

Making a thread solely on jokes about a player's misfortunes=not so funny

You gotta look at the big picture. Talk about the topic at hand for a minute instead of 15 guys throwing dr recchi references. It's funny, absolutely, but try not to kick a guy when he's down. In this context, the class that H10H refers to is a matter of butchering the jokes and few people actually talking about the injury or the player itself.

The reason you don't see the posts, is because they were deleted. Only mods and admins have access to deleted posts. As a rule, consider this, whatever you see is only what was leftover after we looked through the thread.

H10H is right, talk about the injury or the player's impact should he be injured, or don't bother. Things get out of hand VERY quickly.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
THIS JUST IN - HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

Zdeno Chara will play despite suffering from dehydration earlier this week. The Boston Bruins medical staff, led by Dr. Marcus Recchi, have found a device that will help the Slovak defenseman maintain the fluids level necessary to be on the ice with his teammates, who are facing the Montréal Canadiens at 7:00PM in Game 2 of a "best of 7" series.

Oh be careful you don't want to make fun of a guy that that needs water!!!

And the Bruins fans will say that Chara had water weight thats why he couldn't move!

Closed Thread