HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chara hospitalized!

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
Just had to say, the Dr. Recchi comments and the ambulance is hilarious.

Also, I'm sure Chara will be fine, but I have a question. How does a professional athlete fail to stay hydrated?
Well, in Chara's case, he's played a lot of hockey lately.....1 game in 7 days.

All jokes aside, that was my very question as well. The dehydration must be a symptom of something else, as someone already mentioned.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'll make it simple so people understand:

Making a joke=Funny

Making a thread solely on jokes about a player's misfortunes=not so funny

You gotta look at the big picture. Talk about the topic at hand for a minute instead of 15 guys throwing dr recchi references. It's funny, absolutely, but try not to kick a guy when he's down. In this context, the class that H10H refers to is a matter of butchering the jokes and few people actually talking about the injury or the player itself.

The reason you don't see the posts, is because they were deleted. Only mods and admins have access to deleted posts. As a rule, consider this, whatever you see is only what was leftover after we looked through the thread.

H10H is right, talk about the injury or the player's impact should he be injured, or don't bother. Things get out of hand VERY quickly.
I'm still waiting on the post that was deleted that I posted that was inappropriate. There was none, I hate to tell you that, but it's the truth. The only ones that I posted are still there, and I was threatened to be banned because of it. That makes absolutely no sense.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:28 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
But it was directed at me. I want to know what the offensive post was? Saying that a virus is much less than a guy almost paralyzed?
Directed at you? Are you serious? I think it was quite obvious that H10H's post was directed at EVERYONE.

04-16-2011, 01:31 PM
One Trick Pony

It's a disgrace if Chara came back tonight. To fake dehydration like that? Some people lack water in other parts of the world and for the Bruins organization to just play mind games using a fragile subject like that is just... wrong. What next? He's gonna go enjoy a movie?

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Good thing they've got Recchi on the medical staff over there...

Old
Frankenheimer

I don't think it's surprising that athletes are occasionally dehydrated, especially someone of Chara's size. Don't they lose like 10 pounds of water per game?

Heads up to the posters who haven't read pages 1-5 : the Recchi jokes have already jumped the shark. Ease up there bros.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Directed at you? Are you serious? I think it was quite obvious that H10H's post was directed at EVERYONE.
To be honest it was a pretty aggressive message, but everyone is getting a little too sensitive here. He quite clearly said "some of you...." which leads to a broad message, he didnt single anyone out.

The mods get the final say on what's legit and what isn't...there isnt much point in arguing, and from what I have seen they do a great job on hfboards. You can't please everyone.

Question to the mods though, the picture with Subban in the ambulance...is it legit??? If not I'll stop posting it, or remove it from imageshack (Well, maybe just the former not the latter. )

Old
04-16-2011, 01:35 PM
sheed36

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the post that was deleted that I posted that was inappropriate. There was none, I hate to tell you that, but it's the truth. The only ones that I posted are still there, and I was threatened to be banned because of it. That makes absolutely no sense.
I'm with you on this one Maliki2.. I can understand the mods picking up for one another but in my opinion H10H went over the top with his comments..

Old
04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Like Jesus said once upon a time:"Chill out!"

Old
04-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

On a sidenote... how does this happen? Just go have a glass of water man...

Who the heck knows what's going on here? Teams just play mindgames with each other throughout the playoffs. Right before the series started there were reports on Price being hurt and all sorts of nonsense. I hope the guy's alright but seriously... how do you get dehydrated out of the blue like this?

Old
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Who the heck knows what's going on here? Teams just play mindgames with each other throughout the playoffs. Right before the series started there were reports on Price being hurt and all sorts of nonsense. I hope the guy's alright but seriously... how do you get dehydrated out of the blue like this?
Intensive work out and poor drinking/eating habits?

Old
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
He was responding to your response to PB's statement to everyone. He even says "some of you"...

Old
04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
To be honest it was a pretty aggressive message, but everyone is getting a little too sensitive here. He quite clearly said "some of you...." which leads to a broad message, he didnt single anyone out.

The mods get the final say on what's legit and what isn't...there isnt much point in arguing, and from what I have seen they do a great job on hfboards. You can't please everyone.

Question to the mods though, the picture with Subban in the ambulance...is it legit??? If not I'll stop posting it, or remove it from imageshack (Well, maybe just the former not the latter. )
Yes, it was quite aggressive and deservedly so. The posts that we deleted were bad and that's why we were pissed off. I can't for the life me believe that it's that hard to figure out for some of you guys.

Nothing wrong with the Subban picture. It's comments like "I'll just piss on him to make him better" that we will NOT tolerate.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So go have a glass of water already...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Heads up to the posters who haven't read pages 1-5 : the Recchi jokes have already jumped the shark. Ease up there bros.
I didn't read anything and just jumped right in with a Recchi joke. Looks like I'm way behind.

Ah well, you can never get enough Recchi jokes after his ridiculous comments he's a walking punchline. I lost all respect for him.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Could happen to anyone: gastroenteritis, food poisoning, etc. Can also be caused by stress

Old
04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
That really sucks to hear. I've had to seek medical attention before for dehydration and it's no fun at all. Hope the guy is going to be okay.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
But I don't think Chara has poor drinking/eating habits. He's a freak when it comes to fitness, his cycling exploits in Europe are incredible. He's tuned into the importance of proper hydration.

Must be something else.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:46 PM
usernam

Strong viral play, unfortunate.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:52 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Yes, it was quite aggressive and deservedly so. The posts that we deleted were bad and that's why we were pissed off. I can't for the life me believe that it's that hard to figure out for some of you guys.

Nothing wrong with the Subban picture. It's comments like "I'll just piss on him to make him better" that we will NOT tolerate.
But yet comments like "I hope he's dead" and "I hope he never plays hockey again" by Bruins fans on their board when Pacioretty was lying on the ice was tolerated here?

Old
04-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Cammy's quote is TOO gangster, im sorry , it is.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

Thanks for the info. It's quite reasonable to expect people not to express their disdain like twelve year olds.

Old
googlymoogly

Recchi released Chara's brain image

Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Strong viral play, unfortunate.
I

Old
04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
But yet comments like "I hope he's dead" and "I hope he never plays hockey again" by Bruins fans on their board when Pacioretty was lying on the ice was tolerated here?
Who cares what they say? Let's not lower ourselves to that pathetic level.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:55 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Tolerated? Can you get your facts straight before talking out of your ass, please? People who made those comments were hit VERY hard. Some of them even got insta-banned.

Closed Thread