HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Gives Bobby Ryan 2 Game Suspension

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2011, 12:38 PM
  #76
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
If Ryan got two for stomping Chara should have gotten 15+ for the Max Pacioretty incident.
Chara didn't deserve anything. That was a hockey play gone wrong. Ryan used his skate blade, which is never a hockey play.


Anyways, it's hard to compare suspensions for different kinds of incidents, like head hit vs skate stomp. The guys up top have a way they view one vs the other. That's why you compare to other stomps, like Pronger or Simon.


I'm with Bob partially. Pronger was a repeat offender and not in the playoffs, that's why my analogy to his divided by 4 worked out. Simon's was away from the play, and I believe Simon was just coming off of a suspension too. So those are other reasons that Bob didn't mention why Simon got so much more.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:39 PM
  #77
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010
 
GrumpyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I think he's more pointing out the fact that when suspendable things happen against the ducks it goes unnoticed but if it's a duck player doing it everyone tweets about it and all the fan boys come out and cry about how dirty the ducks are.
...I don't think the Ducks are dirty...and I haven't really heard that sentiment from other fans, in general...

You're a Ducks fan, though, so of course you say that. Same things fans of my team say about the Bruins, same thing Flyers fans say about their team, same thing Canadiens' fans say about their team, so on and so forth.

It's an entirely subjective, and non-factual argument...dude stomped on a guys foot with his skate...whatever other calls the league has made, a suspension for this offense was necessary...

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:40 PM
  #78
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010
 
GrumpyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Chara didn't deserve anything. That was a hockey play gone wrong. Ryan used his skate blade, which is never a hockey play.


Anyways, it's hard to compare suspensions for different kinds of incidents, like head hit vs skate stomp. The guys up top have a way they view one vs the other. That's why you compare to other stomps, like Pronger or Simon.


I'm with Bob partially. Pronger was a repeat offender and not in the playoffs, that's why my analogy to his divided by 4 worked out. Simon's was away from the play, and I believe Simon was just coming off of a suspension too. So those are other reasons that Bob didn't mention why Simon got so much more.
This sums up my point exactly.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:25 PM
  #79
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
...I don't think the Ducks are dirty...and I haven't really heard that sentiment from other fans, in general...

You're a Ducks fan, though, so of course you say that. Same things fans of my team say about the Bruins, same thing Flyers fans say about their team, same thing Canadiens' fans say about their team, so on and so forth.

It's an entirely subjective, and non-factual argument...dude stomped on a guys foot with his skate...whatever other calls the league has made, a suspension for this offense was necessary...
The problem is the NHL's inconstant discipline board is like a police force arresting people for stealing a Coke and letting Grand Theft Auto go with a warning.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:24 PM
  #80
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
I'm sure it has been noted. But the real lesson to be learned here is just go ahead and board the guy face first in to the boards that way you only get suspended 1 game and at least get your money's worth by knocking out the opponent.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
  #81
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
I'm sure it has been noted. But the real lesson to be learned here is just go ahead and board the guy face first in to the boards that way you only get suspended 1 game and at least get your money's worth by knocking out the opponent.
Nah, what you want to do is load up on speed, then blindside head shot them behind the net when they haven't played the puck. That garners you a high chance of taking them out of the series with a concussion for the low low price of a 2 minute interference penalty.


Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM
  #82
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010
 
GrumpyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
The problem is the NHL's inconstant discipline board is like a police force arresting people for stealing a Coke and letting Grand Theft Auto go with a warning.
Not sure really what you're referring to...

Certain people point to the Chara incident, but from what I can see, outside of Montreal, the vast majority of fans can understand why he didn't get suspended.

People need to start understanding that as a fan of a certain team you're not going to like every decision the league makes. For almost every fan that is pissed off about one decision going a certain way, there is another fan who is ecstatic about it.

I get what you're all saying...what I'm talking about is this thread. People are complaining about incompetence of the the league, yet they're using it as a reason for the league to be even more incompetent (as in not suspending Ryan because other decisions didn't get made the way they wanted)...it all just gets made into a big subjective circle of *****ing...

Most Ducks fans do seem fine with this suspension, and most other fans seem to think it's pretty fair. If the league doesn't suspend Ryan, they're incompetent because they ignored an obvious "dirty play"...if they do suspend him, they're incompetent because they didn't suspend other players in the past. It's just this giant circle of whining and I'm not sure how anyone with an objective mind (hopefully the minds of the league) is supposed to deal with that.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
  #83
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
I don't want to be this fan and I know the plays are different but 2 games to Ryan and 0 to Torres (and a suspension to Wisniewski for his Seabrook hit which was similar) is a big joke.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
  #84
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010
 
GrumpyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
I don't want to be this fan and I know the plays are different but 2 games to Ryan and 0 to Torres (and a suspension to Wisniewski for his Seabrook hit which was similar) is a big joke.
Unless I'm just looking at the wrong thing, those hits don't seem similar at all.

Again, while the Torres hit could be considered by some to be dirty, it's still a hockey play, because it's a body check...dangerous and wreckless, certainly. There's still debate about it, though.

I've yet to see a debate about a guy stepping with his skate on another guy's foot. It's because there is none, and that's why it's an unbelievably easy decision because there is no debate.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
  #85
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Unless I'm just looking at the wrong thing, those hits don't seem similar at all.

Again, while the Torres hit could be considered by some to be dirty, it's still a hockey play, because it's a body check...dangerous and wreckless, certainly. There's still debate about it, though.

I've yet to see a debate about a guy stepping with his skate on another guy's foot. It's because there is none, and that's why it's an unbelievably easy decision because there is no debate.
If you can tell me why James Wisniewski got 8 games for his Seabrook and Raffi Torres got 0 for his Seabrook hit I would love to hear it.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
  #86
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Unless I'm just looking at the wrong thing, those hits don't seem similar at all.

Again, while the Torres hit could be considered by some to be dirty, it's still a hockey play, because it's a body check...dangerous and wreckless, certainly. There's still debate about it, though.

I've yet to see a debate about a guy stepping with his skate on another guy's foot. It's because there is none, and that's why it's an unbelievably easy decision because there is no debate.
You are missing the forest for the trees.

Ryan has no defense. However, in clear cut cases against Ducks players (Giordano's knee on Ryan, Phaneuf elbowing Ebbet in the face) and in other cases around the league (Abdelkader's elbow on Seabrook, Torres last night, Cooke's knee on Ovechkin, Ovechkin's (long long list) Brown never getting suspended for his repeated diving) - nothing. After Pronger left, the Ducks apear to have to pay some Karmic debt and any remotely suspendable event gets the book thrown at them. Fans here are disgusted with always coming out on the ass end of the blind monkey's wheel of justice. If the NHL is going to not actually use its rule book we want it to be our turn too.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
  #87
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010
 
GrumpyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You are missing the forest for the trees.

Ryan has no defense. However, in clear cut cases against Ducks players (Giordano's knee on Ryan, Phaneuf elbowing Ebbet in the face) and in other cases around the league (Abdelkader's elbow on Seabrook, Torres last night, Cooke's knee on Ovechkin, Ovechkin's (long long list) Brown never getting suspended for his repeated diving) - nothing. After Pronger left, the Ducks apear to have to pay some Karmic debt and any remotely suspendable event gets the book thrown at them. Fans here are disgusted with always coming out on the ass end of the blind monkey's wheel of justice. If the NHL is going to not actually use its rule book we want it to be our turn too.
...again, what it comes down to is you feel like you're being ****ed by the league which you would see is how every most other fans like to feel about their team. Tell me exactly what reason the NHL has to **** over the Ducks???

I get that you don't like some of the decisions. I've certainly been pissed with the NHL too (remember, Cooke got NOTHING for what he did to Savard last year...), but the blind monkey's wheel of justice to me refers more to the self-righteous fan of every fanbase who is constantly playing "the NHL hates my team" card, than the league's rulings...

In a day where pretty much every hit is discussed by everyone, I don't understand why people are so blown away by some of what the league does. Personally, a lot of my decisions would have been different from the NHL, but as I said for every fan that is outraged at a decision, there is one that is completely in agreeance. While there were rules in place at the time to suspend Cooke for what he did to Savard, I can at least understand why the league did what it did.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
  #88
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
...again, what it comes down to is you feel like you're being ****ed by the league which you would see is how every most other fans like to feel about their team. Tell me exactly what reason the NHL has to **** over the Ducks???

I get that you don't like some of the decisions. I've certainly been pissed with the NHL too (remember, Cooke got NOTHING for what he did to Savard last year...), but the blind monkey's wheel of justice to me refers more to the self-righteous fan of every fanbase who is constantly playing "the NHL hates my team" card, than the league's rulings...

In a day where pretty much every hit is discussed by everyone, I don't understand why people are so blown away by some of what the league does. Personally, a lot of my decisions would have been different from the NHL, but as I said for every fan that is outraged at a decision, there is one that is completely in agreeance. While there were rules in place at the time to suspend Cooke for what he did to Savard, I can at least understand why the league did what it did.
No, the blind monkey's wheel of justice is the fact that nobody comprehends the appalling lack of consistency coming out of Campbell's office. The fact that EVERY media outlet when talking about these events before the verdict is rendered gives their opinions and then essentially says "but it's the NHL, so who knows" speaks volumes about the issue.

Case in point - Kostopolous on Stuart. The statement Campbell released suspended him for something league rules say ARE LEGAL!

As far as ****ing over the Ducks? A small market team with a smaller, non-rabid fanbase (compared to O6 and Canada) who gets ignored by local media and looked down on by the larger part of the media/NHL fanbase as goons, dirty, , Disney, and "shouldn't even be around because they get no snow". It allows them to make an example of people to show they are serious about discipline without pissing off anyone who cares. Wow, that was difficult to come up with. And please don't give me any crap about how impartial the NHL is, it's a known old boys network and has repeatedly been found over the decades to be one corrupt organization. The mere fact they don't care about having a director of discipline with a son in the league says all you need to know - an organization unwilling to even avoid the appearance of impropriety very likely doesn't give a rat's ass about actually pulling it off.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:45 PM
  #89
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
No, the blind monkey's wheel of justice is the fact that nobody comprehends the appalling lack of consistency coming out of Campbell's office. The fact that EVERY media outlet when talking about these events before the verdict is rendered gives their opinions and then essentially says "but it's the NHL, so who knows" speaks volumes about the issue.

Case in point - Kostopolous on Stuart. The statement Campbell released suspended him for something league rules say ARE LEGAL!

As far as ****ing over the Ducks? A small market team with a smaller, non-rabid fanbase (compared to O6 and Canada) who gets ignored by local media and looked down on by the larger part of the media/NHL fanbase as goons, dirty, , Disney, and "shouldn't even be around because they get no snow". It allows them to make an example of people to show they are serious about discipline without pissing off anyone who cares. Wow, that was difficult to come up with. And please don't give me any crap about how impartial the NHL is, it's a known old boys network and has repeatedly been found over the decades to be one corrupt organization. The mere fact they don't care about having a director of discipline with a son in the league says all you need to know - an organization unwilling to even avoid the appearance of impropriety very likely doesn't give a rat's ass about actually pulling it off.
No offense, but I think you are mistaken in your impressions, although they are very common among many fans.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:56 PM
  #90
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
No offense, but I think you are mistaken in your impressions, although they are very common among many fans.
I don't actually agree with that, I think it's just complete incompetence on the league's part. He just asked for why the situation is the way it is, and that rant was certainly plausible, if hopefully not accurate. The league does have a tendency to come down harder on the less glamorous teams and let the favorites off lightly, whether that is random chance or not who knows. Based on the officials assigned to the Ducks, however, it is obvious the league cares less than it does about the glamor teams, than much is inarguable.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
  #91
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I don't actually agree with that, I think it's just complete incompetence on the league's part. He just asked for why the situation is the way it is, and that rant was certainly plausible, if hopefully not accurate. The league does have a tendency to come down harder on the less glamorous teams and let the favorites off lightly, whether that is random chance or not who knows.
I think a part of it is selective perception. Incidents that are suited to reinforce an existing opinion on the league is more likely to be noticed and remembered for future explanation. Not just for us Ducks fans, or small market teams, but for all fans. The Canadian fanbases never stop arguing over small teams being handed breaks because the league wants success in those markets to get bigger there. (Case against the tendency to come down harder on less glamorous teams: the vast majority of the media, etc. asked for a lot more than 8 games for Pronger's stomp, e.g.) I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, as usual. I think the league has some know-how issues in these regards, but I'm strictly opposed to the idea of them willfully culturing a bias of any form towards any side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Based on the officials assigned to the Ducks, however, it is obvious the league cares less than it does about the glamor teams, than much is inarguable.
I am not sure whether I can read enough into the ref assignments. I know that in German pro sports, refs constantly get evaluated (and marked) for their performances and ranked accordingly, and seldomly are the best known or most experienced referees the ones that end up with the highest recommendations. I would have to believe there's a similar process in the NHL, with similarly unpopular results.

Even if the top refs were assigned to other series, I would have a hard time calling that decision out. From a league pov, you look at each series in terms of potential difficulty, and to be honest, Ducks-Preds would have been the one I would have expected to be among the least problematic for the refs, with some of the other matchups out there.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
  #92
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I think a part of it is selective perception. Incidents that are suited to reinforce an existing opinion on the league is more likely to be noticed and remembered for future explanation. Not just for us Ducks fans, or small market teams, but for all fans. The Canadian fanbases never stop arguing over small teams being handed breaks because the league wants success in those markets to get bigger there. (Case against the tendency to come down harder on less glamorous teams: the vast majority of the media, etc. asked for a lot more than 8 games for Pronger's stomp, e.g.) I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, as usual. I think the league has some know-how issues in these regards, but I'm strictly opposed to the idea of them willfully culturing a bias of any form towards any side.


I am not sure whether I can read enough into the ref assignments. I know that in German pro sports, refs constantly get evaluated (and marked) for their performances and ranked accordingly, and seldomly are the best known or most experienced referees the ones that end up with the highest recommendations. I would have to believe there's a similar process in the NHL, with similarly unpopular results.

Even if the top refs were assigned to other series, I would have a hard time calling that decision out. From a league pov, you look at each series in terms of potential difficulty, and to be honest, Ducks-Preds would have been the one I would have expected to be among the least problematic for the refs, with some of the other matchups out there.
Yes, but the end of the season back to backs with the Kings could have easily been picked as trouble spots, and look at what happened. When do the Ducks EVER get top officials if we aren't playing Detroit?

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
  #93
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
...again, what it comes down to is you feel like you're being ****ed by the league which you would see is how every most other fans like to feel about their team. Tell me exactly what reason the NHL has to **** over the Ducks???

I get that you don't like some of the decisions. I've certainly been pissed with the NHL too (remember, Cooke got NOTHING for what he did to Savard last year...), but the blind monkey's wheel of justice to me refers more to the self-righteous fan of every fanbase who is constantly playing "the NHL hates my team" card, than the league's rulings...

In a day where pretty much every hit is discussed by everyone, I don't understand why people are so blown away by some of what the league does. Personally, a lot of my decisions would have been different from the NHL, but as I said for every fan that is outraged at a decision, there is one that is completely in agreeance. While there were rules in place at the time to suspend Cooke for what he did to Savard, I can at least understand why the league did what it did.
Ryan deserved 1 game not 2 but the league is a joke. How Ryan got 2 games for that and these 2 went unpunished is beyond me.




Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM
  #94
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
If the league doesn't suspend Ryan, they're incompetent because they ignored an obvious "dirty play"...if they do suspend him, they're incompetent because they didn't suspend other players in the past.
Bingo. Some players get nothing for something that they should have gotten something for while other players sit out games for such a minor incident. Doan's hit on Sexton earlier this season was so minor that I didn't even see it, and I was there in person. Matt Cooke ends Savard's career and gets nothing for it. Argue all you want about the new rule but Cooke should have been suspended without even touching the rulebook. Hitting a guy up high is as much of a hockey play as stomping on a guy's foot. I'm supposed to sit and say that the NHL is doing the right job when suspensions seem to be handed out by spinning a suspension wheel.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
  #95
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 500
The more i think about it the more Yandle's slash on Perry comes to mind. Both are using a piece of hockey equipment as a weapon (Yandle much more so then Ryan) and both could have caused serious damage to the player but luckily didn't. But Ryan did it on national TV in a playoff game so it got press coverage. While Yandle did it on a local broadcast between 2 of the lesser watched teams in the league. So purely based on press coverage one player is suspended while the other gets nothing.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
  #96
duari91
Registered User
 
duari91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Obviously the NHL has spoken, and the ducks cant do anything what so ever to break down the 2 game suspension. However, sometimes things like this are a good thing to a team. You cant replace Bobby, but as Getzy said in the last game, every successful team is faced with adversity. If you cant win when faced with certain situations, then you dont deserve to win the cup.

Direct the emotions toward the next game, and come out stronger than the preds. That way they can be a better team because of it.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
  #97
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duari91 View Post
Obviously the NHL has spoken, and the ducks cant do anything what so ever to break down the 2 game suspension. However, sometimes things like this are a good thing to a team. You cant replace Bobby, but as Getzy said in the last game, every successful team is faced with adversity. If you cant win when faced with certain situations, then you dont deserve to win the cup.

Direct the emotions toward the next game, and come out stronger than the preds. That way they can be a better team because of it.
while it'd be nice to think of it that way.. sooner or later you get frustrated at the lack of consistency except for getting consistently boned by the NHL.. there is so much a fanbase and the team can take before they just say **** it...

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:18 PM
  #98
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Like I mentioned earlier, I see fairly similar hits on Seabrook. Wisniewski of Anaheim gets 8 games, Torres of Vancouver gets 0 in his first game back from a suspension.

I'm not talking about Ryan or calls during the game, this is a fairly close case of 1 play by two players, but the Duck get punished because he is a Duck.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:20 PM
  #99
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010
 
GrumpyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
No, the blind monkey's wheel of justice is the fact that nobody comprehends the appalling lack of consistency coming out of Campbell's office. The fact that EVERY media outlet when talking about these events before the verdict is rendered gives their opinions and then essentially says "but it's the NHL, so who knows" speaks volumes about the issue.

Case in point - Kostopolous on Stuart. The statement Campbell released suspended him for something league rules say ARE LEGAL!

As far as ****ing over the Ducks? A small market team with a smaller, non-rabid fanbase (compared to O6 and Canada) who gets ignored by local media and looked down on by the larger part of the media/NHL fanbase as goons, dirty, , Disney, and "shouldn't even be around because they get no snow". It allows them to make an example of people to show they are serious about discipline without pissing off anyone who cares. Wow, that was difficult to come up with. And please don't give me any crap about how impartial the NHL is, it's a known old boys network and has repeatedly been found over the decades to be one corrupt organization. The mere fact they don't care about having a director of discipline with a son in the league says all you need to know - an organization unwilling to even avoid the appearance of impropriety very likely doesn't give a rat's ass about actually pulling it off.
Like I said, all of this just comes down to your subjectivity, you convincing yourself that the Ducks are hated by the league. Sorry, but in that sense, your opinion is invalid, just as is mine if I were to say the Bruins get ****ed over by the refs. I just don't have a viewpoint that can actually site any truth in that.

Clearly, my time here is up. Enjoyed the banter, but I've said all I can say. The suspension to Ryan was deserved, as pretty much all of you have acknowledged, and here's to safe, legal hockey and just suspensions in the future.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:53 PM
  #100
duari91
Registered User
 
duari91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
while it'd be nice to think of it that way.. sooner or later you get frustrated at the lack of consistency except for getting consistently boned by the NHL.. there is so much a fanbase and the team can take before they just say **** it...
Yeah that makes sense. I have been a Duck fan my entire life, and have seen some really outrageous calls/suspensions. I do as well watch many other teams play around the league, and I can attest to the fact that the ducks do seem to get the short end of the stick sometimes.

However like I said before, we usually come out on top, and we are a better team because of it.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.