HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECQF|Game 3|Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers| Madison Square | 4.17.11| 3:00

Old
04-17-2011, 01:12 AM
capsfan528

vCash: 500
lets go caps! get on the rags early and often and they feel the need to drive avery right through the glass head first im completely fine with that

capsfan528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

Caps 3 Rags 1

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
I don't know if anyone's noticed the "almost Callahan" but that was my favorite part.

Brandon Prust is this year's Tomas Jagr, except hopefully without the actually owning us part.
The part I liked most is that Lundqvist is neither notCallahan nor Almost Callahan. Does that not make him ... Callahan? Is this where he's been hiding?

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:29 AM
um

Quote:
mike green is our best.......... huh

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:30 AM
um

i hope backstrom does something tonight both arnott and johansson have been better

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Go Caps!! **** the rags up

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Washington Capitals

Just win.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Washington Capitals

Quote:
Is this garbage for real? Laughable.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:11 AM
meanolthing

Take No Prisoners.

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:28 AM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i hope backstrom does something tonight both arnott and johansson have been better
Really? I thought Backstrom was the best forward in game 1, not quite the same intensity in game 2, still good nevertheless.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
I don't know if anyone's noticed the "almost Callahan" but that was my favorite part.
I've noticed. And now you have Zucarello in the roster. So wrong! =)

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Somebody should point out to the players that DET had 4-0 and almost lost is with 4-3 in the end.

And that Bruins were 3rd seed and now they are trailing 0-2.

And the general idea of every team in playoffs is dangerous at any stage of the series.

Just grind it out today.

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:07 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Very telling game today. Am very interested to see if the Caps remain focused and determined or if they ease up. I hope they continue to feel a sense of urgency in each game (as most of us are).

Don't let up!

Huge game!

Go Caps!

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:38 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I like the early GDT. Its no secret that its going to happen and I dont want an undesirable thread starter.

I dont mind Bruce changing up his lines in practice to throw off old angry torts but I think we have all seen at the end of the day, he often out thinks himself and is forced to go back to old faithful. And that now includes Laich Arnott Semin - the SLAm line.

Laich and Arnott showed chem from day 1, and Semin has been waiting his entire career for a big vet center to call his own.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:46 AM
txpd

aren't all playoff games very telling?

i just noticed that the caps have no intangebles. this list is another reason why cullen had the caps at 11 on the final power rankings or something. clearly to caps are proving they are a pretty average team.

schultz going to lead the team in toi again?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

Hm, Ranger fan asking for Matt Cooke type of plays on Ov tonight, nice.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:32 AM
piercehannigan

Gonna be at work for the game. :\

piercehannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
I gave up on that list when i saw Juice listed higher then any cap
... or Orpik i hate the guy, but seriously?
The Rags will give their all in this one, they know lose this one and they are done. This is gonna be a battle!
3 o'clock game, will probably have to DVR it.

2 very good defensive games by our boys, wouldn't mind seeing offensive outburst for 5, 6 goals... just to completely demoralize NY.

3-1 Caps!

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:32 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

The Rags will come out desperate in this one. Weather the initial storm (or better, come out of the first period with the lead) and the Caps will be fine.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:03 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
aren't all playoff games very telling?

i just noticed that the caps have no intangebles. this list is another reason why cullen had the caps at 11 on the final power rankings or something. clearly to caps are proving they are a pretty average team.

schultz going to lead the team in toi again?
I'm not going to argue semantics with you (if you're just trying to pick a fight).

Of course all playoff games are telling. As all games are important. Unless you're ridiculously obtuse you will concede some are more so than others. This is one.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
I was hoping to see Ovie, Semin and Green at the bottom, just for laughs.

IRT The Game:

I would be happy with pretty much any result. Ideally, I'd like to see the Caps lose either game 3 or game 4 and wrap things up at home in game 5. That way they don't have such a long layoff that they will lose their edge, and a loss would be a nice reminder that they have to keep their killer instinct. OTOH, a sweep would be fun to watch.

LGC!

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:59 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
I'm not going to argue semantics with you (if you're just trying to pick a fight).

Of course all playoff games are telling. As all games are important. Unless you're ridiculously obtuse you will concede some are more so than others. This is one.
not trying to pick a fight. when someone says that a game is going to be very telling, i have to assume that its significantly moreso than the playoff games before or after.

how is game 3 with a more telling than game 1 or 2? if they win or lose game 3 how is it more telling than what game 4 will bring? i am asking a question with no attitude.

the first two games have proven that the caps new game and new patience are playoff strong. one question answered. next question is whether the caps can now close. game 3 will be telling in that regard, but not as much as game 4 if they win #3.
IF they lose game 3, what has been told if they then win game 4?

i am asking what you are trying to say? thats all

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Click Here
You know you want to

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
I don't know about that. Mojo has shown some flashes of brilliance, and Arnott has been mostly good throughout, but Backs was consistently excellent in game 1, and solid game 2. I'd like to see better finishing and maybe some highlight-quality play--which he's more than capable of--but I've been happy with his effort.

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:50 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
not trying to pick a fight. when someone says that a game is going to be very telling, i have to assume that its significantly moreso than the playoff games before or after.

how is game 3 with a more telling than game 1 or 2? if they win or lose game 3 how is it more telling than what game 4 will bring? i am asking a question with no attitude.

the first two games have proven that the caps new game and new patience are playoff strong. one question answered. next question is whether the caps can now close. game 3 will be telling in that regard, but not as much as game 4 if they win #3.
IF they lose game 3, what has been told if they then win game 4?

i am asking what you are trying to say? thats all
There's our crossed purpose. I was thinking in terms of how they played the game, not the outcome. I'm looking at how they come out and the effort they bring. Not just W and L. It would be very easy to come out of the gate thinking this series was in hand. They need to come out fighting, not just determined, but fighting (not dropping the gloves - effortwise). They need to show just how bad they want to win the series. Whether they do this or not will tell a lot in terms of their focus, composure, and determination, imo, regardless of whether or not they win.

But if you want to talk about wins and losses, in general, I still see odd numbered games as much more pivotal in a series. Of course game 7 is more important than game 2. In general, over the course of 7 games, 3 and 5 tend to be hinge games and 1 tends to be big in terms of setting the tone.

In game 3 you're either up 2-0 and have the chance to put a death grip on the series (without that killer instinct you don't go to the finals imo), or you're down 0-2 and need this game to keep alive, or you're tied at 1 and have a huge opportunity to take the lead. The same applies to game 5s. Either 2-2 or 3-1 or 1-3. It's huge!

Again, I'm not trying to say the other games aren't important. Only a fool would think a playoff game isn't important. All playoff games are huge. Of course it isn't the end of the world if we play well and lose.....if we play well. That's what will be telling to me.

Old
04-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post

It's huge for both teams. While it would be awesome if the Caps won, while it certainly would be enormous for the series if the Caps won, the Caps don't "have" to win today. The Rangers pretty much have to win. Yeah yeah I know it's not over til you win the fourth one but if you do down 3-0 you're pretty much screwed. NY has to play with desperation. If the Caps match that they'll be fine, if they la-la around then they'll probably lose.

Two years ago they went up to Pitt 2-0 and lost that third game but I didn't think they played poorly. They got 2 PPs though to Pitt's 8 which obviously had a huge impact. Despite that advantage Pitt still needed OT to scrape out survival at home.

Hopefully they won't let down today, get a goal or two early and get NY on the ropes fast.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote