HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Can you really be that upset with Bob's play?

Old
04-16-2011, 07:21 PM
In G We Trust
who is lord stanley?

vCash: 500
Can you really be that upset with Bob's play?

He played very well in game 1 obviously...if you look at the goals he gave up tonight, how much of the blame can you put on him?

One was a 3 on 1 that resulted from a horrible pinch from O'Donnell and the other two were PP goals. Yes he prob should've covered the puck on the one goal, but he misplayed it. I hope he gets the start in game 3 because I honestly think he will bounce back and have a game 1esque type game....and then if he struggles again put Boosh in.

What's everyone's thoughts?

In G We Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:23 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
2/3 weren't his fault.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 12000
Bob is done. Unless Boosh gets hurt or gives up 3 early like today, the Series is his. I like Bob but he's not ready to be a playoff goalie, if the game is replayed in your area watch his body language, it's tough to quantify but it's there to be seen.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
In G We Trust
who is lord stanley?

Yea, i didn't get to watch the 1st period because I was at work. Still, that being said, I would definitely still like to see him get another shot in game 3 and then if he struggles let Boosh come in. He played very good in game 1 and I don't think that can go overlooked.

In G We Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:35 PM
JVR21
G

You can't say the 3-1 goal is okay just because it was a 3-1. He played it poorly, flat out.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 12000
Okay but this is hockey. Going back to Bob goes against at least 4 unwritten rules off the top of my head. Boosh played well, granted the game calmed down and found it's true pace but you simply don't bench the guy with the W on the scoresheet.

Let's be honest, naming Bobrovsky as the starter couldn't have been a unanimous decision from the organization and I'm not saying Boosh won't struggle but I don't see how you give Bob the Nod on the road for Game 3.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:45 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
You can't say the 3-1 goal is okay just because it was a 3-1. He played it poorly, flat out.
He played it about as bad as you can play it, short of vacating the crease for one of the corners.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:56 PM
hextall shoots

Hes done, Bob was just flopping way too much.

hextall shoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextall shoots View Post
Hes done, Bob was just flopping way too much.
Sergei Bobflopsky?

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Snipsnap12

I think we just need consistent goaltending this series, good not great. That being said Boucher should provide that, bob is just too up and down right now. The second goal is debatable, he probably could have been stronger on the post, but the 3 goal was aweful, he gave away all of grandma's shelf.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:13 PM
infidelappel*

As much as I like Bob, tonight wasn't very good on his part. On the one goal, he has to find his way to the post and hug it. He kept just trying to kick the pad out and hold his ground, but that's not the way to play that situation.

On the high glove snipe, it was a play that shouldn't happen but he has to learn to keep his ****ing glove up. I've been saying it for ages now that he can't keep turning the arm up and trying to get his C/A on it. It doesn't work.

Boosh played VERY well coming on in relief, so at this point, if I were to guess, I'd say he's getting the nod in game 3 and it's his series to lose.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:16 PM
indypace78

Another he goes down with spread 5 hole & the shot goes up over the shoulder..

Either that or its long side & in...

Good riddence & good bye..

indypace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
As much as I like Bob, tonight wasn't very good on his part. On the one goal, he has to find his way to the post and hug it. He kept just trying to kick the pad out and hold his ground, but that's not the way to play that situation.

On the high glove snipe, it was a play that shouldn't happen but he has to learn to keep his ****ing glove up. I've been saying it for ages now that he can't keep turning the arm up and trying to get his C/A on it. It doesn't work.

Boosh played VERY well coming on in relief, so at this point, if I were to guess, I'd say he's getting the nod in game 3 and it's his series to lose.
As long as Leighton doesn't get a sniff of the ice I can back Boosh hopefully picking things up and being the difference. Having said this don't want to lose Bob either and have LOL-eighton take his spot...

I'm just wondering if Bob just doesn't work out as well in the playoffs b/c of his lack of puck handling and communication with the D still? Obviously you need that continuity back there so we can break out more fluidly...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

I'm for starting Boosh in game 3. It didn't feel like Bob could handle a really fast paced game.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
SgtJoseph

I like Bob, he deserved to make this club, and for the most part he has had a nice rookie year.....But i think Boosh deserves to play more, he has earned it, and has been a team player in every sense of the word, a true class act....Bob will learn through time not to over react to shots [ at times he is too quick ].And like many Euro goalies, he backs up under the crossbar [ Nitty did this early in his career].
Bob is a good kid, a hard worker, and he is going through the " tempering" process that all goalies go through...He will be the better for it one day if he just hangs tough and works on through it..He seems to be the type kid that can sort things out.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
As long as Leighton doesn't get a sniff of the ice I can back Boosh hopefully picking things up and being the difference. Having said this don't want to lose Bob either and have LOL-eighton take his spot...

I'm just wondering if Bob just doesn't work out as well in the playoffs b/c of his lack of puck handling and communication with the D still? Obviously you need that continuity back there so we can break out more fluidly...
Boucher puck handling is huge. Our penalty kill was 10000x better because he was stopping dump ins and allowing our D to clear. The team is more comfortable with him, he needs to start

Old
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Boucher should start Game 3, but I don't think we've seen the last of Bobrovsky in these playoffs unless Boucher starts putting up goose eggs

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post

While the ability to play the puck is no doubt important, I don't think that's really Bob's undoing right now.

He's simply not standing up tall and making the big saves he has to right now. Our D can deal with his shortcomings in terms of playing the puck, but when he backs in too deep and drops his hands low and gets sniped up high on shots he should be at least getting pieces of, it's deflating.

I like Bob a lot. I think he will be a very good goalie...but right now, he doesn't look ready. I think his lateral play is huge against certain quick East-West offensive teams, but against more straightforward offenses like Buffalo, he's not getting it done.

I think Boosh can just stand up and play big when he has to, and Bob - right now - isn't.

That said, I certainly don't want to see LOL-Eighton in a game.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Bob should get one more chance for Game 3. The first period was complete garbage by the defense. Sure he misplayed the 3 on 1, but other than that he played as well as you could given the defense he had in front of him. That's not the defense we usually see. This games mistakes shouldnt be placed on Bob's shoulders.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Bob should get one more chance for Game 3. The first period was complete garbage by the defense. Sure he misplayed the 3 on 1, but other than that he played as well as you could given the defense he had in front of him. That's not the defense we usually see. This games mistakes shouldnt be placed on Bob's shoulders.
No way, Boucher earned it by pretty much shutting the door, he plays the puck well, he got the penalty kill clicking by stopping dump in for defenseman, he is consistent and solid, just what we need to win.

Old
04-16-2011, 09:00 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

^^^^^

No. Well I mean, yes. Boosh DID shut the door, but that was only after the players started playing consistent defense. It took Bobrovsky getting pulled to realize they needed to play some sort of cohesive defense. Bobrovsky would not have had a problem had they played the same defense they had in Game 1.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

boosh earned the start on monday by his performance tonight. he came and gave the flyers a chance to win and that is exactly what happened.

boosh will play the rest of this series, but at the end of the day, i think that bob will play most of the games during the playoffs overall.

Intentional Icing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Teezax

Well i didn't envision a goalie controversy this early in the post season but hey, bring on Bouch for game 3.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:38 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Bob certainly wasn't at his best today, but I think he goes again in game three. The first goal he over committed, but the defense also left him out to dry a bit. 2nd goal, Bob needs to cover that post, but the defense also can't let Vanek get 3 or 4 wacks at the puck. Goal #3, Bob played it poorly, but O'Donnell made a horrible pinch.

The defense definently anchored down and played a lot better after Boucher came in. If they play like that in game three, I think Bob will be fine.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

am i the only one who thinks that the team played better after boosh came in because they're more confident with him in the aspect of communication/stick handling?

Intentional Icing is online now   Reply With Quote