HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 12 6.63%
Brandon Dubinsky 105 58.01%
Ruslan Fedotenko 20 11.05%
Dan Girardi 4 2.21%
Henrik Lundqvist 20 11.05%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.66%
Vaclav Prospal 8 4.42%
Brandon Prust 5 2.76%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.10%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Pugs35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Affirmative.
Haha nice man. My team lost in the first round...

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:16 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

This was the best birthday gift ever. April 17..my birthday...who scores the game winning goal? #17 Brandon Dubinsky. I now believe in birthday wishes. Love you all!

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Thinking back on the game, really huge effort from Fedetenko saved the game I think. He's been showing why he has a ring(s). I think Torts is doing very well with running lines.

Gabby is invisible.

Can't say enough about Girardi - he's been our best D man this playoffs, the announcers always raving about him.

Prusty is all over - Boyle is skating okay, not getting much done though.

Avery getting the crowd involved.

Good stuff this last game.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

Who else was there? Best game I have ever been to at the Garden. I live in South Jersey so I only get to a couple/few a year... this tops them all. I was in Section 417, we were absolutely going nuts after Christ's goal.... and then the air was let out double after the Caps goal and the disallowed goal. Then we get Prospal's goal... then the air is let out again after the terrible PP, the Washington PP and the Knuble goal...

and obviously I don't have to describe how crazy it got after Dubi's goal and the last 1:39. UNFORGETTABLE! We have a series and I feel so confident going into Wednesday.

PS: The only thing I have to protest is the hate being shelled on Gabby. The reason he took that penalty was the god-awful clearing attempt not 15 seconds sooner. Had we got that puck out, our tired players could get a change and Gabby never takes the penalty. HE'S A SNIPER. HE EXCELS ON THE RUSH. Nothing about the current Rangers team meshes with his game. The team had issues but it's not Gaborik. He carried our team last year and has had an off season... can we please not turn into Philly? Thanks.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Thinking back on the game, really huge effort from Fedetenko saved the game I think. He's been showing why he has a ring(s). I think Torts is doing very well with running lines.

Gabby is invisible.

Can't say enough about Girardi - he's been our best D man this playoffs, the announcers always raving about him.

Yeah, Feds was big this game. His dive to break up the 2 on 1 was HUGE.

I don't think Gabby was invisible- I thought he was very noticeable this game.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:33 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
One thing I find amazing. When we win a playoff game against the Number One team in the Eastern Conference 2010/2011, the joy and praise is quite modest here on the boards. When we loose - the threads are immediately miles long full of conflict & negativity and everybody flaming the teams, the management, the officiating and each other beyond absurdum (whatever that means).
Every Tom, Dick & Harry comes outta the woodworks to ***** & moan like a flock of bitter feminists stuck on a deserted Island all with major PMS symtoms (no pun intended).
Which of you folks (guys & girls alike) here are real fans - and which of you are little petty Drama Queen whiners? IŽd seriously like to know that.

Great win today btw!
I don't really think that is fair. People want their team to win, and when they don't it is frustrating so they vent. I find it kind of ironic that you whine about whiners.

And for the record, I still thought the officiating in this game sucked, it has been typical NHL inconsistent officiating, the only reason I don't care is because now the caps understand what we have been dealing with, even though I still think they got away with a few more things, mostly cross checks, slashes and interferences.

but seriously, lay off the fans who come here wanting to vent, just makes you sound childish. Its a win and a big win, try to enjoy it instead of picking on other people who feel the need to vent when the team loses.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
On a different note, after Ovechkin scored they showed his stick. That certainly looks pretty close to the limit on the curve, no? I'd love to see them measure it.
correct me if i am wrong but i think the nhl took that rule about the curve of the stick away a few years ago when jagr was still with the team, i do believe it is not in place anymore

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post

Gabby is invisible.

Are you kidding on Boyle? Our pwp got more effective when Torts put Boyle on it. He went to the front of the net and the Caps started having problems on their pk after that. Boyle played over 20 minutes. He wound up with 9 shots on goal. His line with Avery and Prust were really our best line the bulk of the game.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
correct me if i am wrong but i think the nhl took that rule about the curve of the stick away a few years ago when jagr was still with the team, i do believe it is not in place anymore
Still there.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26286

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
There is still a rule in effect regarding curves.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Are you kidding on Boyle? Our pwp got more effective when Torts put Boyle on it. He went to the front of the net and the Caps started having problems on their pk after that. Boyle played over 20 minutes. He wound up with 9 shots on goal. His line with Avery and Prust were really our best line the bulk of the game.
No i was trying to give boyle a call out for stepping up. I wasn't putting him down.

I mean its not rocket science to throw boyle in front of the net, I wish torts did it earlier in the year.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
There is still a rule in effect regarding curves.
Yep. They made the allowed curve a little larger, but it's still a rule.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
huh...did they modify it? or isnt there someone checking all the equipment?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
No I am pretty sure they don't check equipment other than goaltenders pads.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
CH2

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you have to ask for a stick to be checked now. It'd be something Torts should consider just to slow the pace of a game down if need be. Every scorekeeping area has either a tape measure or a jig that will indicate if the stick is legal.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Levitate

No one ever calls for stick checks because everyone on their team is using an illegal curve too

Rangers got to the net, scored goals. Pretty simple, and how they've scored most of their goals. If they can keep doing that, it should also help open up some other chances as well.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Anyone else see OV hit the puck in on Dubie's goal?!?!?!?!??! You can see it in the overhead.

Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Anyone else see OV hit the puck in on Dubie's goal?!?!?!?!??! You can see it in the overhead.
Yeah, it was going in either way though. He just accelerated the process in an attempt to bat it away from the cage.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:10 PM
In The Flesh

We're gonna tie this series up.

It's not over when you're down 2-0 coming home.

The "lets look to the offseason" and "we need to clean house" posts were in full force just two days ago. As expected on HF though.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Rangerfans

Alright, I just saw the game (taped it earlier) and stayed away from the scoreboard.

Wow! What a game! Here are a few thoughts:

The Redden: The PP. We're not going to get another game with 7+ powerplays. It's not going to happen. That 5-3 was beyond static.

The Bad: The Defense. Before the playoffs started, the writer for the Washington Post hit the nail on the head in regards to what the Washington Capitals need in order to win the series. He pointed out to Hank's unreal statistics on shots from the outside and that the Capitals need to get those "dirty goals." Well, unfortunately 9/10 of their goals have been dirty goals. Defensively, we're not doing a good job because they're ALWAYS scoring by getting goalside. Every single time.

The Good: The forecheck and the Rangers never-say-die attitude. I can't express how proud I am of this team due to their grit, determination, and their perseverance. If they can etch one more out, this is a series again. LGR!

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:37 PM
CH2

One game at a time. You can only change the outcome of the game you're playing. Wednesday the Rangers need to come out play physical, and put the puck on Neuvirth. Keep it simple by staying out of the box and funneling pucks to the outside. Let's go boys!

Old
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
17futurecap

What a win, so happy to be there. Love the play by Feds, Prust, Boyle, etc... Stepan looks like he is skating in quick sand, but this has to be the most games he has ever played. Loved when the Caps tied it at 2, and there was maybe 1 minute before the drop of the puck, and the crowd kept positive, and started a let's go Rangers chant.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:42 PM
MorrisWanchuk

at last we get the post game show...... it's only 4 and a half hours afterwards. thx msg

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Black Aces

Watching Boudreau's post game. All I can say is wow. He is such a whiner.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:49 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Watching Boudreau's post game. All I can say is wow. He is such a whiner.
The complaining about "ticky-tack" calls is hilarious. Was he not watching the calls from the first two games? Unbelievable.