HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 12 6.63%
Brandon Dubinsky 105 58.01%
Ruslan Fedotenko 20 11.05%
Dan Girardi 4 2.21%
Henrik Lundqvist 20 11.05%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.66%
Vaclav Prospal 8 4.42%
Brandon Prust 5 2.76%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.10%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-18-2011, 02:23 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500

Final minute sixteen...MSG is rockin'

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Well done, great win, hope you can take the next one now!

04-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Ola

Solid game, and from this roster, that's all that you can ask for.

We put ourself in the range from were if things go our way, we can win.

The good: I wanna mention Brandon Prust. Late in the regular season it felt like he was breaking down there for a while, not skating much or creating anything really. He is moving his legs much better now, was maybe sore or something?

The bad: We know what's our PP is all about. If someone said to us that in the PO's we would get a 1:30 5 on 3 and not score, I think we all would have gone like "no suprise there". I don't see a point in trashing it to much... Also, those set plays with Callahan involved haven't been drilled in with Boyle in that spot, so the timing is off.

Nah, I wanna mention our defensive positioning. That gotta improve. Several times we had the right positions, we were defending with more guys then the Caps were attacking with, but still we loose our man. On the far side of the net, guys right at center ice. The players need to be more aware, I don't even think you can put it on Torts. Like he can tell the players were to be on the ice, but a player do not need to be educated to not look at the puck and loose a guy they are standing 3-6 feet from. The inexperience is no real excuse either. Its just as often guys like Prust/Dubinsky/Boyle loosing their man as it is McD or Sauer. The Caps do a better job at this then we do, and they have a pair of rooks too out there a lot.

This is just a aspect in which are a bit sloppy in. I don't know if we gamble with Hank in the net or what, these things should never happened really, or at the most, like once per game. We get like 4-5 per game. I am afraid its the "Hank-factor" that is the cause of it. If you start to loose a bunch of games in a row because people lost their man in our own end, the guy making the misstake becomes the guy that "lost" the game, and in that situation you really question yourself and straight things out. But on exact those plays, Hank is without any doubt easily the best in the game. Those passes to someone open within like 3-9 feet of the net, he saves like 9 of 10 attempts. But in the PO's, against guys like AO, Semin, Knuble and co -- it could start to end up costing us a lot. You do not want to make it a habit of working extremely hard to get a lead, and then giving it up after a simlpe defensive blunder. That hurts and takes a big chunk of morale from teh roster.

Last edited by Ola: 04-18-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:47 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Watching Boudreau's post game. All I can say is wow. He is such a whiner.
OMFG I saw that on NHL.com...after 4 punches and 3 warnings my guy retaliated...GFYS you fat rib eating pig.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

With 2 days off between game 3 and 4,the Rangers go to players are going to receive a ton of TOI on Wednesday. I had to check the stats on my phone after the first period because it didn't look like Wolski played in the first period. He played 1 minute. The Rangers had 4 forwards play less than 10 minutes. Wolski,Christensen and Drury are non-factors. Avery played less than 10 minutes but it looked like more. Wolski had the primary assist on Christensen's goal but they were invisible the rest of the game and in this series so far.

Dubinsky played 25 MINUTES. Gaborik and Fedotenko played over 20 minutes. Staal and Girardi played over 20 minutes.

Quote:
Boudreau also thought the Rangers got away with repeatedly hitting rookie goaltender Michal Neuvirth after the whistle. It appeared to bother Neuvirth, who was not as sharp as in the first two games and allowed three goals on 35 shots.

"I think after every time there was a scrum or something in front of the net, they were hitting our goalie," Boudreau said. The officials "kept warning them not to do it, not do it, and they kept doing it and nothing was done, so they kept doing it.
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...ls__calls.html

What game was Fatso watching?Christensen got a 2 minute minor for bumping Neuvirth in the first period. That wasn't a penalty. Lundqvist gets run over on a consistent basis with no calls and that was a penalty? If the Rangers are going to take a 2 minute penalty for goalie interference in game 4,just skate into Neuvirth. Don't worry about trying to avoid him. Stick up and elbows high.

Need to do a better job of putting the body on Green. Over a long series. Hit him on every shift. Doesn't have to be the big booming hit. Rub him out of the play. Dump the puck in his corner and force him to move the puck to his D partner. Keep punishing Green.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:47 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
With 2 days off between game 3 and 4,the Rangers go to players are going to receive a ton of TOI on Wednesday. I had to check the stats on my phone after the first period because it didn't look like Wolski played in the first period. He played 1 minute. The Rangers had 4 forwards play less than 10 minutes. Wolski,Christensen and Drury are non-factors. Avery played less than 10 minutes but it looked like more. Wolski had the primary assist on Christensen's goal but they were invisible the rest of the game and in this series so far.

Dubinsky played 25 MINUTES. Gaborik and Fedotenko played over 20 minutes. Staal and Girardi played over 20 minutes.

What game was Fatso watching?Christensen got a 2 minute minor for bumping Neuvirth in the first period. That wasn't a penalty. Lundqvist gets run over on a consistent basis with no calls and that was a penalty? If the Rangers are going to take a 2 minute penalty for goalie interference in game 4,just skate into Neuvirth. Don't worry about trying to avoid him. Stick up and elbows high.

Need to do a better job of putting the body on Green. Over a long series. Hit him on every shift. Doesn't have to be the big booming hit. Rub him out of the play. Dump the puck in his corner and force him to move the puck to his D partner. Keep punishing Green.
Cut Boudreau some slack -- he had a really bad day yesterday. He's probably not familiar with the city, and couldn't find a McDonalds before the game.

It is only back for a limited time, and he had to waste his afternoon coaching a hockey game!

Poor guy was so hungry, he was hallucinating on the bench. That's why he was seeing things.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:50 AM
chosen

Great ending.

Most boring, least tense, and the quietest playoff game I may have ever attended at MSG.

Couldn't tell if the disputed goal was a goal because I was there, but anyone who thinks the refs did anything but favors for the Rangers in this game are nuts.

Washington had the least amount of good scoring chances that I have ever seen them have. Great job of nullifying them by the guys.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:56 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Targeting a team's best puck moving defenseman is an old playoff tactic that more often than not works. It can disrupt their transitional game. I wouldn't expect Green is 100% so it's a good idea.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Boudreau also thought the Rangers got away with repeatedly hitting rookie goaltender Michal Neuvirth after the whistle. It appeared to bother Neuvirth, who was not as sharp as in the first two games and allowed three goals on 35 shots.

"I think after every time there was a scrum or something in front of the net, they were hitting our goalie," Boudreau said. The officials "kept warning them not to do it, not do it, and they kept doing it and nothing was done, so they kept doing it.
What a crybaby, act like a man tubby!

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Dave Maloney called the last penalty he said to Lagreca the whole 3rd period the Craps would get a PP in the last 10 minutes....

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Still cant believe Dubi's clutch goal

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Still cant believe Dubi's clutch goal
I still can't believe a bounce went the Rangers way for once.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Boudereau complaining about hitting the goalie while everytime Hank stopped the puck he was mauled is laughable

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Most boring, least tense, and the quietest playoff game I may have ever attended at MSG.
The atmosphere definitely wasn't as loud as other playoffs games at the Garden, but I think it was BECAUSE everyone was so tense. Coming home down two the crowd didn't know what to expect.

Also, the flailing PP, failed 5-3, and disallowed goal took a lot of wind out of the crowd.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Great game by our boys!

Nothing bothers me more though that Boudreau whining while the game is still going on. How anyone can actually respect that man given his constant post-game whining is beyond me. Especially with Ovechkin running around charging, and throwing elbows and high hits nearly every shift. And I like Ovechkin in general, but he's reckless and gets away with those hits all the time. That, and his defense has been playing clutch and grab hockey the entire series and getting away with it. Carlson and Alzner are a good young pairing, by my god do they get away with a ton of what should be interference calls.

Boudreau will never win anything in this league. He got lucky to be put in a situation with a stacked roster, mostly lottery picks. It's easy to see how the caps have choked so many times in the playoffs. If you don't respect your coach, how can he possibly be the leader you need in the post season?

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

We really need another game like this. Keep crashing and crowding the crease. It threw Neuvirth off his game a little bit.

The Avery-Boyle-Prust line was the business too.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Black Tank

Ovechkin only hits at home where the refs let him leave his feet and hit late on every shift, just like the refs let the entire Caps team interfere at will. At MSG the Caps got called for their non-stop hooking and holding and Ovechkin's hitting was almost non-existant.

The Rangers also took advantage of the "toilet paper" soft Carlson and Alzner and roughed it up after every whistle. This led to Neuvirth getting rattled and losing control of the puck all game long. I wonder if he was afraid of getting steamrolled which is why he refused to play the puck behind the net.

The Rangers aren't very competitive this year due to lack of high end scoring talent, but they are so much tougher, physically and mentally, than the Caps. Pointing this out to the Caps fans makes them go meltdown crazy.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Great ending.

Couldn't tell if the disputed goal was a goal because I was there, but anyone who thinks the refs did anything but favors for the Rangers in this game are nuts.

Washington had the least amount of good scoring chances that I have ever seen them have. Great job of nullifying them by the guys.
I know, jeez whats wrong with our fans? You could here a pin drop during that not-tense 1:39 of the 3rd.

Jaded much?

04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Another monster game for Rip Van Winkle aka #10... god he needs to go, this off-season.

Thank god for Dubi!!!!! Great win!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Another monster game for Rip Van Winkle aka #10... god he needs to go, this off-season.

Thank god for Dubi!!!!! Great win!!
More Gaborik bashing. Yes, he needs to start finishing, but he's creating a ton of chances out there. The fans just need a whipping boy.

04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The best part is that everyone was on Dubi's ass before scoring the goal.

I thought Gabby was more noticeable than him for most of the game.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Bardof425*

POTG - feds
The Good - Dubi, McD, Gilroy, Staal, Avery, Sauer, Hank
The Bad - Gabby, Wolski
The Redden - The 5 on 3 and not having a righty shot on one point to allow for one-timers.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:03 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The Rangers can definitely win this series if they can continue to get points on the board. I personally don't think that the Caps are that good... boring as hell though.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
More Gaborik bashing. Yes, he needs to start finishing, but he's creating a ton of chances out there. The fans just need a whipping boy.
This.

I'm certainly frustrated that Gaborik isn't finishing his chances, but at least he's getting them now and playing physical. He's trying, just snakebitten or his shoulder is still affecting him (rather than sniping like last year, he seems to have very little control over his shot).

That being said, the penalty he took with a 2 on 1 lead was absolutely retarded (even though I think the Cap sold it, Gaborik shouldn't be giving them a chance to do that at that point in the game).

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I cant believe more people arent mentioning Brandon Prust. What a warrior this guy is. He is in everyones face all game long and he creates chance after chance with his speed and forecheck. Absolute keeper.
He's not being mentioned because he made a few huge errors in the game that nullify alot of his good work.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote