HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
I don't see any way that SY moves his first rd pick. He has been pretty adamant he wont move picks. Especially when he doesn't have a lot of picks.

Desjardins is out until October rehabing the shoulder. That puts him in an almost impossible spot of winning the backup job out of camp.
Still? How long of an injury is this going to be? It began in like mid-Jan, right? So like 10 months?

Old
06-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Still? How long of an injury is this going to be? It began in like mid-Jan, right? So like 10 months?
He played near the end of the regular season in Norfolk and got hurt again.

Old
06-03-2011, 04:20 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
He played near the end of the regular season in Norfolk and got hurt again.
Well as long as we're getting good news... Does anyone think Gagne would re-sign for about $3m? I'd like him back for another playoff run, if possible. BTW, has anyone mentioned Wisniewski recently? He's a RH shot, great on offense and at least better than Bergeron on D.

Last edited by BadHammy*: 06-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old
06-03-2011, 10:57 PM
TBLHoser

I'm always amazed that people anticipate players that performed well in the playoffs but did poorly over the 82 game season warrant big pay raises when their contract comes up.....Wish I got a $5 an hour raise for doing a good job 4 weeks out of the year! Just sayin'.....

Old
06-04-2011, 08:49 AM
peanutvendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
I'm always amazed that people anticipate players that performed well in the playoffs but did poorly over the 82 game season warrant big pay raises when their contract comes up.....Wish I got a $5 an hour raise for doing a good job 4 weeks out of the year! Just sayin'.....
at least he did something to warrant it. I get a $7.25/hour raise in a little over a year for....not getting fired. I don't have to do anything more.

Old
06-04-2011, 11:16 AM
ultra63

more support for Brewer

But will his back hold up for a multi-year deal??

"The Bolts have more than $36 million in cap room already taken up next season, have just 11 players signed and need to sign restricted free agent Steven Stamkos to a long-term deal - meaning GM Steve Yzerman will have to move with caution to find bargains and retain key components of this year’s group.

I think re-signing D-man Eric Brewer is a must, but he’s coming off a contract that averaged $4.25 million a year. But what do you do with UFAs Simon Gagne, Dwayne Roloson and playoff upstart Sean Bergenheim? The so-called “hometown discount” will have to come into effect to retain them all, I’d guess.

Bottom line: the core they’ve got is phenomenal and that won’t change. Augmenting that core will be Yzerman’s greatest challenge."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...#disqus_thread

Old
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
But will his back hold up for a multi-year deal??

"The Bolts have more than $36 million in cap room already taken up next season, have just 11 players signed and need to sign restricted free agent Steven Stamkos to a long-term deal - meaning GM Steve Yzerman will have to move with caution to find bargains and retain key components of this year’s group.

I think re-signing D-man Eric Brewer is a must, but he’s coming off a contract that averaged $4.25 million a year. But what do you do with UFAs Simon Gagne, Dwayne Roloson and playoff upstart Sean Bergenheim? The so-called “hometown discount” will have to come into effect to retain them all, I’d guess.

Bottom line: the core they’ve got is phenomenal and that won’t change. Augmenting that core will be Yzerman’s greatest challenge."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...#disqus_thread
Uhh... 11 players/36 mil is a really good place to be in. We could be looking at a 62 million dollar cap for this upcoming season.

Old
06-04-2011, 03:34 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutvendor View Post
at least he did something to warrant it. I get a $7.25/hour raise in a little over a year for....not getting fired. I don't have to do anything more.
I agree they warrant raises, but not to the extent some people have us giving them. Drew Stafford gets $4 mil for 31 goals and played 20 less games. Bergenheim scores 14 and played more games (not including playoffs) - how much of a raise is he entitled to?

Some people in the other forums think Stammer should get $8 mil and Brad Richards getting $8-9 mil...
I don't see that happening until Stammer shows the last half of the season was a fluke and if we don't get Richie back, I hope Burke does sign him for $9 mil and screws up the Leafs for another 10 years.

Old
06-04-2011, 03:53 PM
BoltSonian33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Uhh... 11 players/36 mil is a really good place to be in. We could be looking at a 62 million dollar cap for this upcoming season.
that is if we will be spending up to the max of the cap.i am not so sure about that...

Old
06-04-2011, 07:03 PM
peanutvendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
I agree they warrant raises, but not to the extent some people have us giving them. Drew Stafford gets $4 mil for 31 goals and played 20 less games. Bergenheim scores 14 and played more games (not including playoffs) - how much of a raise is he entitled to?

Some people in the other forums think Stammer should get $8 mil and Brad Richards getting $8-9 mil...
I don't see that happening until Stammer shows the last half of the season was a fluke and if we don't get Richie back, I hope Burke does sign him for $9 mil and screws up the Leafs for another 10 years.
oh i agree. if you look at the current team salary structure, i would prefer a moore contract (1.1). 1.4-1.6 is pushing it, 1.7 would be a long thought imo, leaning towards no and anything over it hes gone. he does not deserve the same $ downie is making. but he deserves something more. and i dont believe most on the trade board use rational thought as guidance.

Old
06-04-2011, 07:05 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSonian33 View Post
that is if we will be spending up to the max of the cap.i am not so sure about that...
If the cap is $62m, I expect us to be around 57-58m. That's plenty to field a good club with, though I'm counting on Stammer getting about $6m.

Old
06-05-2011, 07:16 AM
BoltSonian33

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
If the cap is $62m, I expect us to be around 57-58m. That's plenty to field a good club with, though I'm counting on Stammer getting about $6m.
yeah thats about the same i think we will have to work with.pby vinik will invest more if we really have a chance to get brad and 1 or 2 millions are missing.but this is all highly speculative anyway.we will see what happens.

Last edited by BoltSonian33: 06-05-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old
06-05-2011, 09:44 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

We can spend if we have to, but its always nice having about 4-5 million in flex so that if we hit serious issues by the deadline we can add a piece. I would expect us to be there by default.

Nothing worse than seeing the team crumble physically at the start of the playoffs and know you couldn't do **** at the deadline.

Old
06-05-2011, 11:16 AM
BoltSonian33

Quote:
We can spend if we have to, but its always nice having about 4-5 million in flex so that if we hit serious issues by the deadline we can add a piece. I would expect us to be there by default.

Nothing worse than seeing the team crumble physically at the start of the playoffs and know you couldn't do **** at the deadline.
this.

Old
06-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:

What about seeing the team crumble physically at the start of the playoffs and know you could do **** at the deadline?

Devil's advocate of course.

Old
06-05-2011, 12:32 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
What about seeing the team crumble physically at the start of the playoffs and know you could do **** at the deadline?

Devil's advocate of course.
Understood and accurate, your post, but you have a much shorter span (usually) between the deadline/break and the playoffs. Plus most team issues that need to be addressed (see washington powerplay last year, Wideman) will be fleshed out.

Old
06-05-2011, 02:18 PM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
I think the safe estimate on Stamkos is ~7m. I'd be surprised if he got less than 6.5m. But we'll see.

My estimates say we'll have around ~27M of cap space to sign:
Gagne - 4.75
Stamkos - 7.0
Roloson - 2.5
Smith - 1.2
Bergenheim - 1.8
Brewer - 4.0
Purcell - 1.2
Jones, R - 1.5
Lundin 1.2

This is just over 25M right now.

Last edited by dbieon12: 06-05-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old
06-05-2011, 02:58 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
I think the safe estimate on Stamkos is ~7m. I'd be surprised if he got less than 6.5m. But we'll see.

Gagne - 4.75
Stamkos - 7.0
Roloson - 2.5
Smith - 1.2
Bergenheim - 1.8
Brewer - 4.0
Purcell - 1.2
Jones, R - 1.5
Lundin 1.2

Wouldn't want Gagne back for that much, no way Randy Jones earns more than Purcell and Lundin.

Old
06-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post

Gagne - 4.75
Stamkos - 7.0
Roloson - 2.5
Smith - 1.2
Bergenheim - 1.8
Brewer - 4.0
Purcell - 1.2
Jones, R - 1.5
Lundin 1.2

You have Purcell and Bergenheim changed?

Old
06-05-2011, 04:48 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

I completely forgot that Wisniewski could be a UFA come July 1st. If Montreal doesn't re-sign him, I'd welcome him to Tampa with open arms, though there'd be plenty of other suitors too. If he'd sign for around 3.75-4.25 mil, he'd be a much better option than Bieksa imo.

Old
06-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Understood and accurate, your post, but you have a much shorter span (usually) between the deadline/break and the playoffs. Plus most team issues that need to be addressed (see washington powerplay last year, Wideman) will be fleshed out.
Wideman really came in handy for Washington during the playoffs didn't he?

At any rate, Bergenheim needs to be signed before Purcell. I don't know what the feeling inside the organization is, but outside of it, basically no one is talking about Purcell making more than Surge.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-05-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old
06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
JFleegs

idk why anyone would want to give mike smith 1 mil to be our back up. Sorry but he is not a good goaltender, and we all witnessed that earlier this year and all of last. If he wants to come back give him maybe 800k at the most. There are a lot of better goalies out there.

Old
06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFleegs View Post
idk why anyone would want to give mike smith 1 mil to be our back up. Sorry but he is not a good goaltender, and we all witnessed that earlier this year and all of last. If he wants to come back give him maybe 800k at the most. There are a lot of better goalies out there.
This. If Niittymaki makes $2m/yr, Turco makes $1.3m, and Garon makes $1.2m

Smith does not = 1m+

Old
06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I wish we would of just hung onto Niitty. Especially considering how bad Ellis **** the bed. Hell, if SFY traded for him(which has like a 0.01% chance of happening) I wouldn't mind it. He was excellent for us that year, and at times was putting on Hart worthy type play.

Old
06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
I completely forgot that Wisniewski could be a UFA come July 1st. If Montreal doesn't re-sign him, I'd welcome him to Tampa with open arms, though there'd be plenty of other suitors too. If he'd sign for around 3.75-4.25 mil, he'd be a much better option than Bieksa imo.
Much better how? Defensively, hes stupid. He is mobile and a shooter, though. Hes a less bad version of MAB.
Quote:
Wideman really came in handy for Washington during the playoffs didn't he?

At any rate, Bergenheim needs to be signed before Purcell. I don't know what the feeling inside the organization is, but outside of it, basically no one is talking about Purcell making more than Surge.
Well while I agree with what you're saying, BB is a bad coach.

Closed Thread