HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Brent Burns would be nice as well if he's really available.
Brent Burns would be awesome

Old
06-08-2011, 08:53 AM
JedYzerman

I still don't think Stamkos is going to get cap. I see him somewhere between 4 and 5 mil and that's it. We already have too many overpaid superstars, i.e. Vinny and Malone.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweather26 View Post
I still don't think Stamkos is going to get cap. I see him somewhere between 4 and 5 mil and that's it. We already have too many overpaid superstars, i.e. Vinny and Malone.
Malone is a superstar?

Old
06-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

The talk of Stamkos going anywhere else is laughable. Yzerman would look so stupid if he didnt get something done with Stamkos. A lot of season tickets have been purchased and people want to see Stamkos play. I think Yzerman is smarter than to let Stamkos go. Seems like rumor talk and looking for anything to talk about to me. I find it funny how every offseason there is a rumor to get rid of one of our superstars to a canadian team. Wonder who starts these rumors

Old
06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
The Jumping Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzBalla View Post
The talk of Stamkos going anywhere else is laughable. Yzerman would look so stupid if he didnt get something done with Stamkos. A lot of season tickets have been purchased and people want to see Stamkos play. I think Yzerman is smarter than to let Stamkos go. Seems like rumor talk and looking for anything to talk about to me. I find it funny how every offseason there is a rumor to get rid of one of our superstars to a canadian team. Wonder who starts these rumors
This all depends on what Stamkos is after. If he's after 8, 9 or 10 million per and won't budge from those numbers, is it still laughable that Yzerman lets him walk. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big Stamkos fan. I think he's a really good player (probably even a better person)with an exceptional work ethic. He's an asset to any organization but at what price.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jumping Shrimp View Post
This all depends on what Stamkos is after. If he's after 8, 9 or 10 million per and won't budge from those numbers, is it still laughable that Yzerman lets him walk. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big Stamkos fan. I think he's a really good player (probably even a better person)with an exceptional work ethic. He's an asset to any organization but at what price.
Dont think he makes that much at only 19 years old. He still has much hockey to play. He will make more in his next contract anyways. Money shouldnt be an issue for him. Plus I think he likes whats happening in Tampa right now. I think he will give some kind of hometown discount.

Old
06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
TASA

Quote:
Dont think he makes that much at only 19 years old. He still has much hockey to play. He will make more in his next contract anyways. Money shouldnt be an issue for him. Plus I think he likes whats happening in Tampa right now. I think he will give some kind of hometown discount.
If we are hoping for any type of discount SFY needs to sign him before he goes RFA, because you know a certain team that also wears Blue and White would have no problem sending him an offer for 8-9 million plus.

Old
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Don't mind your lineup too much Brad, but I think removing reasoner and just slotting in Asham, then giving one of our kids (Ashton, Panik, Wright) a shot at the big club roster would be a little better.

Defensively, Ian White, Clitsome, THE ANTON would be excellent choices here. White and THE ANTON provide mobility as well as a powerplay presence and will help cut some minutes off Brewer assuming we resign him, Clitsome doesn't have a ton of PP experience but is very mobile and an excellent passer.

Quote:
If we are hoping for any type of discount SFY needs to sign him before he goes RFA, because you know a certain team that also wears Blue and White would have no problem sending him an offer for 8-9 million plus.
...and then tear him to pieces in the media because he doesn't produce as much without 26 on his wing and you have even less cash to fill out a roster with kids and continue to miss the playoffs. I doubt he would sign the offersheet.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:05 PM
The Jumping Shrimp

Quote:
There's no doubt he loves what's going on in TB but there's more to it than that when you're talking about a home town discount. With Crosby's concussion fresh in the minds of these players, alot of thses guys are going to want to get paid now. Not to mention the discontent from the union if they have an 18 year old 50 goal scorer taking a home town discount.

These are just numbers but for example, if TB offers 6 per year and Burke offers 8. Stamkos is playing in blue and white (the bad blue and white that is) next year.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Malone is a superstar?
Vinny is a superstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Don't mind your lineup too much Brad, but I think removing reasoner and just slotting in Asham, then giving one of our kids (Ashton, Panik, Wright) a shot at the big club roster would be a little better.

Defensively, Ian White, Clitsome, THE ANTON would be excellent choices here. White and THE ANTON provide mobility as well as a powerplay presence and will help cut some minutes off Brewer assuming we resign him, Clitsome doesn't have a ton of PP experience but is very mobile and an excellent passer.
I just don't see Clitsome leaving Columbus. With Hedja, Rivet (Both UFA), Lepisto, Stralman, and Methot (All RFA) not all likely to be back, Clitsome should fit in the plans somewhere. He'd be a good fit with us, but I wouldn't count on getting him. I like the idea of White, and I think if we did as you said (Use a player in the system rather than FA signing), it could happen while re-signing Brewer. I think White is a great fit.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
LightningStrikes

I've said it for a while, Grant Clitsome would be a perfect fit. I would love to have him on the team. With his 177 hits (projected onto 82 games) he'd be first on the Lightning while he also delivers a very solid offensive game.

Scott Hannan of course is very intriguing as well. Different type of player tho. We haven't talked about the likes of Jovanovski or Ericsson. Thoughts on them?

Damn there are some fine FA defensemen this year:
Ehrhoff
Clitsome
Bieksa
Wisniewski
Pitkanen
Babchuk
Jovanovski
I. White
Ericsson
Hannan
Kaberle
Lidstrom* - will he retire? / would he leave Detroit?
Markov* - injuries

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 06-08-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Rschmitz

Just something to keep in mind, any defenseman with average skating or worst is unlikely to be signed. We are already stuck with Kubina and Ohlund who are slow, and Boucher did not like the speed of our defense last season.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

Does Matt Carle have a place back on this team? It's looking like Philly will shop him.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
What about at age 21? (since that's what he is.)

There's no way SFY would just let Stammer walk. Simply because he's RFA and if he's offered a QO, he stays in the organization.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
TASA

I'm not saying that Stammer would just take off to Toronto, I am saying that it would be nice to get him signed before Burke can even try to sink his claws into him and drive his price up.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
IdealisticSniper

Trade Purcell+Clark+1st for Ryan Suter.

Sign Stamkos to a 6-6.5M cap hit.
Sign Roloson to a 2.5M cap hit.
Sign Bergenheim to a 1.2M cap hit.
Sign Gagne for a 2-3M cap hit.
Sign Brewer for a 4M cap hit.
Sign Richards to a 5-6M cap hit.

Downie-Stamkos-St Louis
Lecavalier-Richards-Malone
Gagne-Moore-Bergenheim
Tyrell-Thompson-Jones
Extra FWD: Prospect call up, or smart UFA signing

Hedman-Suter
Lundin-Brewer
Kubina-Ohlund
Extra Dman: Prospect call up or smart UFA signing
*Pairings not set in stone

Roloson
Tokarski/CD/Smart UFA Signing

I would LOVE this teams chances.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post

Old
06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
Oh come on. Its possible!

Old
06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Oh come on. Its possible!
That'd be amazing to get Suter

Old
06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
For the sake of comparison, what would it then take to get Shea Weber?

Old
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
For the sake of comparison, what would it then take to get Shea Weber?
Probably a little more.

The thing is, IMO Suter and Weber are pretty equal overall, Suter is a bit more defensive and Weber is a bit more offensive, both are awesome though.

Weber is the face of the franchise there in Nashville, which is why I think if he wants a lot of money, they might look to move Suter (or a couple of other players) to keep him. I dont see where Nashville would trade Weber before Suter because of this.

But for conversations sake, Id say it would take a top prospect and maybe another 1st added to the above to get Weber, or least start a conversation to work it out. Maybe like

Clark+Purcell+1st '11+1st '12+Panik/Ashton

Something along that. And you what, I think I would do it in a heartbeat for Weber, and probably for Suter. Both would be amazing on our blueline and as much as I love Purcell you have to give to get, the 1sts will hopefully and probably be 25+ in the round, and would hate to lose a prospect like above but Weber/Suter fills a big whole and both are still very young.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

I think Suter and Weber are pretty equal, some believe Suter is actually the better defenseman of the two.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:25 PM
TBLHoser

I have to say after watching Monday's and tonight's game so far, I'm not impressed with either Bieksa or Ehrhoff... I know they're hurting in d-men but there's been some really awful play....It's certainly not helping them get a good contract for next year.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:47 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Don't believe the hype.

Oh and **** Pierre with his ******** here, musical goaltenders? We started Smith once, thats musical goaltenders? Dumbass.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Meanwhile Schneider has looked decent in relief. I wouldn't mind flipping our 1st and something else for him or Bernier.

Closed Thread