HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Thought about keeping Smitty but then again, I remembered he can't stop anything in the shootouts...
All I know is that I don't want Smith, unless anyone else we get would be an obvious downgrade.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...kos-ar-237797/
Quote:
"It is our intention to resign him, but he is restricted and we have the ability to match any potential offer sheet that might be put forward and we are in position to do that,'' Yzerman said. "So, we are quite confident that Steven will be playing for the Lightning, and that's our goal and we haven't explored anything else and we don't intend to look at it any other way.''
Quote:
"With Sean, I've talked with (agent) Todd Diamond, I've made them an offer. With Eric Brewer, I've met with Newport Sports and we've had some discussions and I'm encouraged with how discussions have gone. (With) Dwayne Roloson's agent, we've talked and will continue here over the next week or two to see if we can get something done.''
Quote:
While an offer has been made to Bergenheim, a deal is not imminent, according to Diamond.

"We have had some discussions,'' Diamond said in an email. "It will not be an easy task to get done.''

Old
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I think this is the first outright confirmation that SFY is looking to bring Roloson back, right?

Old
06-16-2011, 08:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Hey guys, Sharks fan here.

1. You could get Nitty from SJ for a bag of pucks. Okay, like a 5th rounder.

2. What is the maximum you guys want to shell out for Brewer? I'm seeing you guys hoping for $4M, but the Sharks should be able to give him more than that. And we at the Sharks board are very interested in him.

3. A mini-scouting report on Ian White, if you like. He's a good PPQB with a wicked shot, and first pairing offensive production. Unfortunately, he's got third pairing defensive ability and is quite small.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:45 PM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Hahahaha!! I just. Wow. Does he really think that we are "saddled" with Vinny? Yeah, we all know what a useless plug of a player he is.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post

2. What is the maximum you guys want to shell out for Brewer? I'm seeing you guys hoping for $4M, but the Sharks should be able to give him more than that. And we at the Sharks board are very interested in him.

3. A mini-scouting report on Ian White, if you like. He's a good PPQB with a wicked shot, and first pairing offensive production. Unfortunately, he's got third pairing defensive ability and is quite small.
I think White would be a great fit on our blueline.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Sounds like Thor's agent is playing hardball. In which case, we probably won't see him back unfortunately. Great role player but I wouldn't care if he left for more money. And also looks like Roloson just needs to put pen on paper, he'll be back. Still don't know about the backup spot though. There are other options aside from Smith that I'd maybe like to see. Josh Harding is a guy that I think could be a sleeper signing for us. Injuries yes, but dude has talent. Macdonald was solid with the Wings as well and would be cheap.

Brewer is all ours Sharkies, go away.

YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS ONE

Old
06-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Let's trade rights, then.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Let's trade rights, then.
You can have Kubina.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:15 PM
TBLHoser

I like Sean and would love to keep him, but if he thinks putting on a show during the playoffs while playing ordinary during the season warrants big dollars, then he's welcome to visit the FA market. Resign for a moderate raise and prove it in the regular season, then he warrants being paid well.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:19 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Go Whitey!

For some reason when the Leafs fans said it when they were visiting Tampa, it sounded funny.....

Old
06-17-2011, 09:09 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post

He also has a tireless work ethic, is a good shot blocker and is incredibly strong and tough. Interesting fact is that the guy had more reps in the bench than any other Leaf player by quite a margin when he was there, which included big guys like Hal Gill, Ponikarovsky, McCabe etc.

I'd say he's got 2nd pairing defensive ability, his aggression sometimes gets the better of him and takes him out of place. He sometimes gets caught watching the play behind the net which leaves his man open or the opposite occurs where he focuses too much on clearing the man in front that leads to the guy behind the net walking out for an easy shot/goal.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:26 AM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Agreed. But is San Jose really going to part with him?

Old
06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Doesn't sound like The Surge will return.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
Agreed. But is San Jose really going to part with him?
Wallin just left for the SEL, so I think they'll try to hold onto White. He is a player though that could get a good chunk of cash on the open market.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php.../related/C189/
Quote:
Yesterday I wrote a story in regards to where the Lightning stand with a handful of the team’s pending free agents. At the time I was awaiting a response from Newport Sports Management president Don Meehan who represents pending unrestricted free agent defenseman Eric Brewer. Newport also represents Steven Stamkos, who lists Mark Guy as his agent.

Today, I received word back from Meehan in regards to where things stand from the player’s standpoint concerning the current state of negotiations.
Quote:
“Our discussions have been most productive and we are optimistic in relation to concluding a contract with Erik and the Tampa Bay Lightning,’’ Meehan said in an email.
Quote:
Meehan, meanwhile, is also actively involved in the discussions regarding Stamkos, which doesn’t appear to be close to imminent at this point...

Meehan was a bit more bland in his comment with a generic statement: “Our negotiations with Tampa concerning Steven Stamkos are ongoing,’’ he said.
Sounds like it's going good so far getting Brewer resigned

Old
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Doesn't sound like The Surge will return.
Meh. I don't really get that sense.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:05 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...sition/1175971
Quote:
Todd Diamond said Friday the sides have "right now agreed to disagree" on a new contract.

Asked if he believed a deal could get done before July 1, when Bergenheim hits the open market, Diamond said, "It's not going to be easy, but stranger things can happen."
Quote:
"There's no negativity," Diamond said of the negotiations, "other than putting together a financial package everyone is happy with."

Old
06-17-2011, 10:52 PM
TBLHoser

Guess his agent is figuring some team is going to throw a ton of money his way....good luck!

Old
06-18-2011, 05:08 AM
BoltSonian33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Guess his agent is figuring some team is going to throw a ton of money his way....good luck!
the guy is 27 and made 700 000/year.honestly if i was a player in this age and with this post season i would also try to get as much money as possible.

Old
06-18-2011, 06:25 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
Tampa Bay Lightning's Steven Stamkos stays the course on contract optimism. (...) Stamkos can be a restricted free agent July 1.

"It's going to take care of itself. It's not something I'm losing sleep over," Stamkos said. "Right now, I'm just focused on trying to get back into a training routine. It's been nice to relax, get a couple weeks off. Right now we're just having some fun and (Friday) get back to business."
Quote:
Smith, a goalie who can be an unrestricted free agent July 1, said that there are no updates on his contract status and he still hopes to re-sign with the team
Quote:
as does Purcell, a wing who also can be a restricted free agent.

"They're still talking and stuff, and hopefully something will get done pretty soon," Purcell said. "Obviously I want to be back here. It was a good fit for me. Hopefully that will take care of itself."
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...timism/1175834

Old
06-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Will be two busy weeks concerning contracts, I was hoping at least one or two would been done at this point, oh well im sure they can sort it out!

06-18-2011, 09:24 AM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSonian33 View Post
the guy is 27 and made 700 000/year.honestly if i was a player in this age and with this post season i would also try to get as much money as possible.
I would too, but I wouldn't go over $1.2-$1.4 for 2-3 years until he's proven himself in the regular season. He's not a Downie yet. Same goes for Purcell - slight raise.

Old
06-18-2011, 11:53 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
BoltProspects Bolt Prospects
Stamkos! Maybe he doesn't need such a big contract now. RT @CdnPress: Winning $22.6 million Lotto Max jackpot ticket sold in Markham, Ont.
http://twitter.com/#!/BoltProspects

Old
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
TBLHoser

Since the thread doesn't exactly narrow it down to the Lightning - here is my list of who goes:

Gary Bettman who single handedly is slowly ruining the sport
"The moron in Toronto"
Dan O'Halloran
Kelly Sutherland
The Director of Officials - Terry Gregson who has no clue what direction they should go or what rules they should be enforcing
Colin Campbell even though he's changed positions
and Mike Murphy who has no idea what he's doing period.

Anyone I missed?

Closed Thread