HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2011, 05:03 AM
  #51
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Thank god, i've been looking for good defensive players, shot blockers, and knitters.
I'd love to see the combination of knitting plus Boucher. See avatar for details.

He can knit, but let's see how he knits with urgency.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 05:25 AM
  #52
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I'd love to see the combination of knitting plus Boucher. See avatar for details.

He can knit, but let's see how he knits with urgency.
It's all about desperation.

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 05:48 AM
  #53
newham89
Registered User
 
newham89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nottingham, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Its a shame really we didn't have him last year!

Niitty and Nitty!

Weaving magic in goal.

newham89 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
  #54
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,844
vCash: 500
If that swedish goalie could be something like Rinne... bring him here

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 01:56 PM
  #55
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Bergenheim might be getting more looks from other teams now on a possible forward to pick up?

He's got 7 goals these playoffs (so far).

He might need a higher price tag.

dbieon12 is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 02:20 PM
  #56
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,844
vCash: 500
re-sign him anyway.

I think our defense is not that bad after all watching this last performances, we may only need one top-4 D after all

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
  #57
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
Bergenheim might be getting more looks from other teams now on a possible forward to pick up?

He's got 7 goals these playoffs (so far).

He might need a higher price tag.
He will get more than he made this year but I have a feeling SFY works his magic and gets him to stay here for a fair price. Something in the 1-1.5M range for 3 years is probably about right.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 05:52 PM
  #58
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,082
vCash: 500
Even 2 million wouldn't be bad, but i'd imagine it falls more around the 1.8 range.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
  #59
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Even 2 million wouldn't be bad, but i'd imagine it falls more around the 1.8 range.
I think this team is a perfect fit for Bergenheim and I think he's like to stay here. That said, I can see teams offering substantially more than 1.8 for a player like him. If Yzerman can pull that off, we've got ourselves a huge bargain.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 09:21 PM
  #60
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I think this team is a perfect fit for Bergenheim and I think he's like to stay here. That said, I can see teams offering substantially more than 1.8 for a player like him. If Yzerman can pull that off, we've got ourselves a huge bargain.
I think honestly someone would be silly to offer him much more. Sure, he has had a great playoffs but could very easily (and based on his career stats) go back to his normal, 10-15 goal form, ala Fedotenko.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
  #61
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I think this team is a perfect fit for Bergenheim and I think he's like to stay here. That said, I can see teams offering substantially more than 1.8 for a player like him. If Yzerman can pull that off, we've got ourselves a huge bargain.
I think SFY gets him resigned before he even hits free agency so he (nor us) will ever know how much he could have been offered.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 09:57 AM
  #62
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I think SFY gets him resigned before he even hits free agency so he (nor us) will ever know how much he could have been offered.
I hope so.

I see Bergenheim getting offered 2.5-3 million right now. But if he wants to stay here he won't get more than ~2 million from SFY.

dbieon12 is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 11:15 AM
  #63
stammerhammer91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
yea i still see bergenheim signing for around 1.8 million for around 2-3 years, If its a 3 year deal it might be like 2.1. something like that, Yzerman doesn't give out bad deals

stammerhammer91 is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 06:44 PM
  #64
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Does 4.5M for Brewer sound reasonable?

Firestorm is offline  
Old
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM
  #65
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Does 4.5M for Brewer sound reasonable?
He might get a raise. 4.75M.

dbieon12 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 04:02 PM
  #66
stammerhammer91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
No, i see brewer signing like a 2-3 year deal at around 3.5 million. I see him wanting to stay here and realizing how well he fits in here so he will take a paycut

stammerhammer91 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 04:14 PM
  #67
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,082
vCash: 500
If he does take a cut it'll be more like 4, i'd guess.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 04:38 PM
  #68
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
He might get a raise. 4.75M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
If he does take a cut it'll be more like 4, i'd guess.

I can see Brewer getting 4.0 if he does take the paycut, but a lot could depend on what clauses are in the deal.

When he signed this current deal with St. Louis, he agreed to a NMC. Usually those are handed out in exchange for the player getting less money.

Are we willing to re-sign Brewer with those kind of stipulations?

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 04:56 PM
  #69
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I can see Brewer getting 4.0 if he does take the paycut, but a lot could depend on what clauses are in the deal.

When he signed this current deal with St. Louis, he agreed to a NMC. Usually those are handed out in exchange for the player getting less money.

Are we willing to re-sign Brewer with those kind of stipulations?
If we could get him for 3-4 years at around 3.75M per, Id absolutely give him a NTC/NMC for those terms. Would be an absolute steal.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 05:55 PM
  #70
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
I don't think Brewer sniffs anything over 4 mil. I'm thinking around 3.5-3.75 per year on a 2-3 year deal.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
  #71
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
IMO SFY is not giving out very long term deals, or overpaying. Cap space management and long term flexibility seems his goal.

Brewer - 3 year / $11 m 3.66 cap - $0.6m decrease
Stamkos - 5 year / $31.25 m - 6.25 per year cap, $2.5m cap space increase
Gagne - 2 / $6m - $2.25m, cap decrease

Purcell - 3 / $4.5m - $0.75 m cap increase
Bergenheim - 3 / $ 5m - $1m cap increase
Hall - gone/resigned/replaced - neutral

Smaby - gone or maybe 2 way

MAB - gone - $1m decrease
Lundin - 3 / $7.5 - $1.75 cap increase.
Randy Jones - gone or resign cheap

Smith - gone - $2.2m cap decrease
Roloson - resign 1 year @ 2m - $2.5 - neutral or less

Almost neutral. Vokoun would be nice if Roloson retires but costly. Still plenty of cap space to sign 3rd /4th line and both pair D-man, back up goalie, or for an upgrade on D or goal

BoltSTH is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 04:37 PM
  #72
JedYzerman
Registered User
 
JedYzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
IMO SFY is not giving out very long term deals, or overpaying. Cap space management and long term flexibility seems his goal.

Brewer - 3 year / $11 m 3.66 cap - $0.6m decrease
Stamkos - 5 year / $31.25 m - 6.25 per year cap, $2.5m cap space increase
Gagne - 2 / $6m - $2.25m, cap decrease

Purcell - 3 / $4.5m - $0.75 m cap increase
Bergenheim - 3 / $ 5m - $1m cap increase
Hall - gone/resigned/replaced - neutral

Smaby - gone or maybe 2 way

MAB - gone - $1m decrease
Lundin - 3 / $7.5 - $1.75 cap increase.
Randy Jones - gone or resign cheap

Smith - gone - $2.2m cap decrease
Roloson - resign 1 year @ 2m - $2.5 - neutral or less

Almost neutral. Vokoun would be nice if Roloson retires but costly. Still plenty of cap space to sign 3rd /4th line and both pair D-man, back up goalie, or for an upgrade on D or goal
Don't forget to add Richards in there somewhere

JedYzerman is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 04:55 PM
  #73
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,296
vCash: 500
2011:

Who Comes-
Stanley

Who Goes-
Smaby

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
  #74
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
IMO SFY is not giving out very long term deals, or overpaying. Cap space management and long term flexibility seems his goal.

Brewer - 3 year / $11 m 3.66 cap - $0.6m decrease
Stamkos - 5 year / $31.25 m - 6.25 per year cap, $2.5m cap space increase
Gagne - 2 / $6m - $2.25m, cap decrease

Purcell - 3 / $4.5m - $0.75 m cap increase
Bergenheim - 3 / $ 5m - $1m cap increase
Hall - gone/resigned/replaced - neutral

Smaby - gone or maybe 2 way

MAB - gone - $1m decrease
Lundin - 3 / $7.5 - $1.75 cap increase.
Randy Jones - gone or resign cheap

Smith - gone - $2.2m cap decrease
Roloson - resign 1 year @ 2m - $2.5 - neutral or less

Almost neutral. Vokoun would be nice if Roloson retires but costly. Still plenty of cap space to sign 3rd /4th line and both pair D-man, back up goalie, or for an upgrade on D or goal
Give me Bieksa, White and Asham please. We'll have plenty of room even after that and that includes re-signing Stamkos as well.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
  #75
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,920
vCash: 500
I don't want a damn thing to do with Bieksa. Just my own opinion. I'd rather keep Brewer.

Doctor Drej is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.