HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2011, 06:30 PM
  #126
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
We certainly have alot more cap space than 800K going into this offseason. More like 22 million.

After these playoffs, I don't want to trade Purcell. He's the perfect forward that has all the skill in the world that if a team focus too much defensively on our Big 3, then Teddy can hurt you. You need guys like that, depth scoring forwards so to say.

The more I think about the goalies is just the thought of not to not do anything really. Re-sign Roli and bring up one of CD or Tik as the backup. Roli showed he can still play as a #1 with 50 or so games and a young backup to play the spot starts and gain some experience from playing behind Roli. Smith was good as a backup, but that's all he'd be and it'd be just be a short term solution to the goaltending. With Roli/CD or Tik, there's the present and future in play.

I'd also like to target Grant Clitsome as the Randy Jones/MAB replacement if the Jackets don't re-up him. I think he'd be a good fit on our 1st PP unit and he has some offensive skills.

So to the poster above, that capgeek thing you posted isn't accurate. Certainly won't be paying 2 million for a back up goalie. Nor giving 1 million to Adam Hall, or giving MAB a raise of 250K. Bergenheim won't be getting 1.5 from us atleast, on the open market perhaps, but not from us.
I don't think there's any chance Columbus lets Clitsome walk, but he'd look great on our blueline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
I think purcell being a complimentary winger and coming off of such a great season is exactly why you can deal him. He has a big pay day coming up, other teams will pay high, and you have several cheap prospects who will need a position. If he isn't part of the core than he has a high probability of being traded. I think the same thing holds true for clark.
Right on the money. Purcell's value is as high as it's ever been, and he has many qualities that make him attractive to other teams that will be willing to dish out more $. Having said that, I am not convinced Yzerman is looking to move him. I expect him to be a Bolt next season, but I've been saying for awhile that I wouldn't mind seeing him dealt for a defenseman. Plus, like you said, it opens a forward slot.

I don't really see much reason in dealing Clark unless it's part of something bigger. I think some teams would like to have him because what he brings for his contract, but I don't mind him on the bottom pairing. By himself, I don't see him bringing back anything of value. However, Purcell+Clark could work for a team in need of offense and a suitable defensive replacement.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 06:54 PM
  #127
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,448
vCash: 500
I realize u guys have a ton of cap space but at the same time you have to fill out a 22 man roster. Stamkos is going to command 7+, gagne 3+, and alot of playoff performers like bergenheim, purcell, brewer. Post a capgeek lineup as to how u view this team will be set up.

Dont you also have to clear cap space for a defensive defenseman?

mpp9 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:24 PM
  #128
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I realize u guys have a ton of cap space but at the same time you have to fill out a 22 man roster. Stamkos is going to command 7+, gagne 3+, and alot of playoff performers like bergenheim, purcell, brewer. Post a capgeek lineup as to how u view this team will be set up.

Dont you also have to clear cap space for a defensive defenseman?
bergenheim will get a raise, but not as much as you think. 1.5 is the max I think for him.

Gagne will take a pay cut or go, his choice. 3 million seems like the mark. Purcell will get the same as Bergy. Brewer around 3 million, maybe 4 at the highest he will get from us. Most importantly Stamkos. He loves the team, considers them practically family and add that in to his declining pace to finish the season and while played great in the playoffs he didn't tear it up either will make his new contract lower than what most expect. Around 5 million a year I think.

Bolt32 is online now  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:54 PM
  #129
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I realize u guys have a ton of cap space but at the same time you have to fill out a 22 man roster. Stamkos is going to command 7+, gagne 3+, and alot of playoff performers like bergenheim, purcell, brewer. Post a capgeek lineup as to how u view this team will be set up.

Dont you also have to clear cap space for a defensive defenseman?
nice try, capgeek.com

As to your question, we don't have to do ****.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 08:08 PM
  #130
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
I wonder if the Rangers would be willing to part with Del Zotto? He'd get a chance to work on the PP on both units and has great offensive abilities and could be that puckmover we're looking for while working to improve his defensive game with Lacroix. Seems to get along with Stamkos alot too judging by Twitter.

The best case scenario is just for Hedman to get his offensive game fully together. When Victor carries the puck up himself up ice with a good head of steam it's a pretty sight to see. Just wish he could hit the damn net. LOL
Stamkos and Del Zotto are childhood friends.


TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 08:20 PM
  #131
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
nice try, capgeek.com

As to your question, we don't have to do ****.
Hmm. Wasnt a command, sorry if i hurt your feelings.

Im actually a fan of the way your organization has come along since stevie y came in.

Just came here to ask what your board thought about bergenheim's pay raise as a ufa, purcell as a top 6 forward but rfa status, your D situation, stamkos' contract and how youd make room for a brad richards, bieksa or vokoun if roloson isnt retained.

You know a hockey fan wondering what a top team in his team's conference is going to do in the offseason.

Would you please post a capgeek lineup with what you feel will come to fruition next season. Thank you kind sir.

mpp9 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 09:55 PM
  #132
stammerhammer91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
I really hope we keep just about the same team, kind of like the red wings usually do it, just keep resigning their guys to build that crazy chemistry. I mean obviously i would try to improve on randy jones and MAB, but if they can keep everyone they have, get one more depth foward like an aaron asham, then get another good defenseman (my wish is ehrhoff but that is easier said than done) I think brewer is going to stay for cheaper than people think because he really likes it here. I would say try to get brad richards for around 4 million but keep gagne for around 2.5-3 million if not.....then i think we would have a really good team once again. THen the goalie situation, i say keep roli and smith unless bryzgalov or vokoun shows an interest in signing for around 4 million. Then bring over vasily koschechin from Russia and battle it out in training camp.

stammerhammer91 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 10:32 PM
  #133
Sear91
Registered User
 
Sear91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Then you also throw in the possibility of Viktor Fasth and Vasily Kocheshkin....
Came here to say exactly this ^^ Any chance Yzerman goes to the European goalies for answers? I say why not, Fasth dominated the WC's and Kocheshkin's numbers look solid in the KHL. I would want us to go after Bryz and Vokoun for the number one job, and one of the two aforementioned for a back-up.

I would also re-sign Gagne at a lower price, re-sign Brewer if its a friendly number, Bergenheim, Randy Jones, Purcell and Lundin as well.

If Gagne doesn't return, I would really hope Richards comes back. I would also look into Bieksa or Erhoff if Brewer doesn't sign.

Sear91 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:05 AM
  #134
usahref19
Registered User
 
usahref19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Pay stammer what he deserves keep role players, and last but not least (my #1) Sign # 19 BRAD RICHARDS!

usahref19 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:32 AM
  #135
GCM
Stork
 
GCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Yzerman will sign Stammer to a sweetheart deal that expires while he's still an RFA. Basically delaying the payday.

I'm fairly confident Brad Richards is coming back to Tampa, at a discount as well.

I think Gagne will sign a discount too, he wouldn't waive to anywhere except Tampa, he wants to be there and they're a contending team, no reason to leave for him, he's made plenty of money.

Brewer I think will also be encouraged by the deep playoff run to stay, but I think he'll get a fair money deal, no discount.

Couple that with Brett Connolly being awesome and probably making the team and some more free agent signings and man is Tampa going to rock.



Forgot to mention that I think Rollie is pretty obviously not a long term solution. It should be about time to bring Tokarski up, Roloson would be a wicked mentor for him.

If not then signing or trading for a goalie becomes an issue. Roloson can't play 50+ games and go deep in the playoffs, he's old. He'll need more of the load taken off, more like 50/50.

Niittymaki in San Jose could be available to come back but I doubt you guys go down that road again.

Perhaps Bryzgalov?

GCM is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 06:37 AM
  #136
Drouin2Stamkos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Excited to see what SFY has up his sleeve this summer. Should be interesting. Although I really wouldnt mind if it was minor moves because we have a hell of a squad right now. Just some things here and there I could see happening. Nothing huge. Although a Richards signing wouldnt surprise me either.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 07:09 AM
  #137
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
I really think the talk of Stamkos re-signing for 5 million is just a touch shortsighted. I grant you that he loves it here and this team is like family and so on. But 5/year? No. He's not stupid and he has an agent. He knows that there are teams like Toronto and NY waiting for him out there who would be willing to fork over some serious cash. He'll get 7 or 7.5 at least from TB and that is a discount.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 07:28 AM
  #138
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I really think the talk of Stamkos re-signing for 5 million is just a touch shortsighted. I grant you that he loves it here and this team is like family and so on. But 5/year? No. He's not stupid and he has an agent. He knows that there are teams like Toronto and NY waiting for him out there who would be willing to fork over some serious cash. He'll get 7 or 7.5 at least from TB and that is a discount.
I expect him to get 7 or 7.5 fairly soon, in a few years or so. ATM I'm sticking to 5. When his RFA deal is done, I'm sure he will get around 7. Also add into that, that Malone's bad contract (Though a good player, over paid none the less.) and Ohlunds horrible contract will be over with, making it easier to give him what he wants. Its not like 5 million is chump change either. I'm sure if Yzerman lays it down to Stammer he can get him to agree to it for a few years.

Bolt32 is online now  
Old
05-30-2011, 07:43 AM
  #139
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Hmm. Wasnt a command, sorry if i hurt your feelings.

Im actually a fan of the way your organization has come along since stevie y came in.

Just came here to ask what your board thought about bergenheim's pay raise as a ufa, purcell as a top 6 forward but rfa status, your D situation, stamkos' contract and how youd make room for a brad richards, bieksa or vokoun if roloson isnt retained.

You know a hockey fan wondering what a top team in his team's conference is going to do in the offseason.

Would you please post a capgeek lineup with what you feel will come to fruition next season. Thank you kind sir.
I'm just busting on you, viral marketer of capgeek.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
...Perhaps Bryzgalov?
Sweet Jesus yes.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 05-30-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:15 AM
  #140
Drouin2Stamkos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I really think the talk of Stamkos re-signing for 5 million is just a touch shortsighted. I grant you that he loves it here and this team is like family and so on. But 5/year? No. He's not stupid and he has an agent. He knows that there are teams like Toronto and NY waiting for him out there who would be willing to fork over some serious cash. He'll get 7 or 7.5 at least from TB and that is a discount.
Honestly dont be surprised if its any less because of SFY. Although I see your point. That wouldnt be surprising either. He has been the leading scorer for the past two years combined.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
  #141
hackm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
If Stamkos signs for less than $7M, then you guys can be sure he loves the city and team.

The Leafs, among other teams (at least two others that I can think of), would be willing to give him $9M +.

hackm is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:45 AM
  #142
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
I expect him to get 7 or 7.5 fairly soon, in a few years or so. ATM I'm sticking to 5. When his RFA deal is done, I'm sure he will get around 7. Also add into that, that Malone's bad contract (Though a good player, over paid none the less.) and Ohlunds horrible contract will be over with, making it easier to give him what he wants. Its not like 5 million is chump change either. I'm sure if Yzerman lays it down to Stammer he can get him to agree to it for a few years.
Hope you're right. I don't see it, but I'm hoping for it. If SFY can get that it means he is indeed a god and Stammer is probably the most unselfish guy to ever come though TB.

And none of this means that I don't think he'll be re-signed. He definitely will be. But I don't want to even speculate on the rest of the roster until we see what he gets. He has to be priority #1.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
  #143
ultra63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Rumor Roundup: Looking at the Lightning's off-season

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...offseason.html

"Burnside wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman re-signed the 41-year-old Roloson to another one-year contract for around the same money ($2.5 million) he earned this season, but it’s unclear if the team will re-sign Smith, who earned $2.2 million in 2010-11."

I assume Smith is now $750,000-1,000,000 if we want him as a backup for 1 more year.

"The playoff performances of Brewer and Bergeron will bolster their stock considerably and make them more expensive to retain.

Bergenheim and Hall could be re-signed, though UFA Bergenheim would likely receive more lucrative offers via the free agent market.

Gagne's injury history will not only impact the possibility of him re-signing with the Lightning, but will also adversely affect his value as a free agent.

Right winger Teddy Purcell is also a restricted free agent and his strong performance in both this year's regular season (51 points) and playoffs (17 points in 18 games) puts him in line for a considerable pay hike over the $750,000 he made in 2010-11, to around $2 million per season."

.

ultra63 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 10:35 AM
  #144
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...offseason.html

"Burnside wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman re-signed the 41-year-old Roloson to another one-year contract for around the same money ($2.5 million) he earned this season, but it’s unclear if the team will re-sign Smith, who earned $2.2 million in 2010-11."

I assume Smith is now $750,000-1,000,000 if we want him as a backup for 1 more year.

"The playoff performances of Brewer and Bergeron will bolster their stock considerably and make them more expensive to retain.

Bergenheim and Hall could be re-signed, though UFA Bergenheim would likely receive more lucrative offers via the free agent market.

Gagne's injury history will not only impact the possibility of him re-signing with the Lightning, but will also adversely affect his value as a free agent.

Right winger Teddy Purcell is also a restricted free agent and his strong performance in both this year's regular season (51 points) and playoffs (17 points in 18 games) puts him in line for a considerable pay hike over the $750,000 he made in 2010-11, to around $2 million per season."

.
Purcell is nowhere worth $2 million/year.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 10:49 AM
  #145
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Purcell is nowhere worth $2 million/year.
You're kidding, right?

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 10:57 AM
  #146
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
You're kidding, right?
Me? No, I'm not kidding.

Well, maybe it's too harsh to say he's not 'worth' 2 million, but I don't see how he can get that much. He suffers a bit from Mike Lundin syndrome.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 11:03 AM
  #147
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Me? No, I'm not kidding.

Well, maybe it's too harsh to say he's not 'worth' 2 million, but I don't see how he can get that much. He suffers a bit from Mike Lundin syndrome.
How? He hit the 50 point mark with a grab bag of forwards at any given point, and had one hell of a playoff run. If you compare other players with similar production you'll see the 2 million mark is a very friendly number for him.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 11:35 AM
  #148
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,932
vCash: 50
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Cedrick Desjardins recently underwent shoulder surgery that takes months to heal, may no be ready until Oct. - he's a UFA on July 1

Probably takes him out of the backup goalie spot.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
  #149
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textbook Thompson View Post
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Cedrick Desjardins recently underwent shoulder surgery that takes months to heal, may no be ready until Oct. - he's a UFA on July 1

Probably takes him out of the backup goalie spot.
I'm glad EE cleared up he was a UFA. Iv'e seen him listed as a RFA on a couple sites.

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeCorcoranNHL
Quote:
Yzerman also said he would be interested in bringing Roloson and Smith back if it could be worked out. #tblightning
Quote:
Simon Gagne says he feels stronger now about wanting to come back than the last time we talked about it. #tblightning
Quote:
Simon Gagne Hoping To Return To Tampa http://t.co/eQeLZ6s via @espn1040am

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 12:39 PM
  #150
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Me? No, I'm not kidding.

Well, maybe it's too harsh to say he's not 'worth' 2 million, but I don't see how he can get that much. He suffers a bit from Mike Lundin syndrome.
Gotta agree with Bobsled, 2 million is a rather friendly number for him, given his production in the regular season and the playoffs (almost PPG) but also his amazing chemistry with Vinny. Plus at 25 he's at the perfect age. I'm sure he's willing to take a little less than he would get elsewhere, we're the team that gave him another chance and all signs point to the Bolts going to be a successful franchise for years to come but yeah, 2 would be a good deal for us actually.

LightningStrikes is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.