HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2011, 11:54 AM
stammerhammer91

vCash: 500
That is very encouraging to hear about gagne because that means he would be willing to take a discount too.

Just dreaming of course could you guys imagine if stevie Y could fit this lineup under the cap.

Malone Stamkos Marty
Richards Vinny Gagne
Teddy Moore Downie
Bergenheim Thompson Hall
Tyrell

Brewer Erhroff/Bieksa
Ohlund Hedman
Kubina Clark
Lundin

Roli
Smith/Rookie

That would be amazing!!!!!!!! but very very very difficult to darn near impossible, but hey its only may i can still dream haha

Old
05-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

What team would give TP 2m?

Old
05-30-2011, 11:59 AM
stammerhammer91

Honestly i see teddy getting a 2-3 year deal at around 1.75. Almost identical to downies deal. But if he didn't get retained then i could definitely see a team throwing some money his way. 2 million for 50 points is kind of a steal these days.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:11 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Same team that gave Downie 1.85.

While I certainly hope he gets less, its not too far fetched to see him getting that somewhere if he weren't an RFA.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
Honestly i see teddy getting a 2-3 year deal at around 1.75. Almost identical to downies deal. But if he didn't get retained then i could definitely see a team throwing some money his way. 2 million for 50 points is kind of a steal these days.
Ehh...maybe, but TP's productivity is being based on only this season.

Bob Joyce had similar numbers to Purcell at this point of his career (although I believe at a bit younger age). Showing to me that it doesn't mean a tremendous amount.

When TP puts together a few seasons of 40-50 pts. then 2 million might be worth it. Assuming he can also stay out of Boucher's dog house.

We already got burned on Smitty's contract. I'd like to not see a repeat.

Old
05-30-2011, 01:13 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
The same team that signed Radim Vrbata for $9 million over 3 years.

Old
05-30-2011, 01:31 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 0
Quote:
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Lightning locker cleanup: Stamkos says no reason to believe new deal won't get done. Yzerman says he's open to keeping Roloson/Smith in net.
http://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes

Edit: Wanna laugh? Click at your own risk. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...oronto/1/36098

Old
05-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
That kind of things are why I stopped reading him

Old
05-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Not sure if this is the right spot, but couldnt find a trade proposal thread....

Let's say Poile and Co. decide they can't field a playoff team with 20 mil locked up in the big 3 (Weber, Suter, Rinne), so one of them has to go. Weber is the face of the franchise, and we have no other starting goalie ready to go, so Poile decides to deal Suter. A team I see being very interested is Tampa Bay, who has lots of scoring but is in desperate need of help on D. There may be a chance Stammer and TB can't agree to terms, and Stamkos could be an acceptable loss since they have the likes of Vinny, St. Louis, Gagne, etc. So, to address needs for both teams in one of the biggest trades in recent memory:

to NSH
Steven Stamkos

to TBL
Ryan Suter
Ryan Ellis?

Doubt it happens, just an interesting scenario I thought about

Old
05-30-2011, 02:20 PM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Quote:
That is very encouraging to hear about gagne because that means he would be willing to take a discount too.

Just dreaming of course could you guys imagine if stevie Y could fit this lineup under the cap.

Malone Stamkos Marty
Richards Vinny Gagne
Teddy Moore Downie
Bergenheim Thompson Hall
Tyrell

Brewer Erhroff/Bieksa
Ohlund Hedman
Kubina Clark
Lundin

Roli
Smith/Rookie

That would be amazing!!!!!!!! but very very very difficult to darn near impossible, but hey its only may i can still dream haha
Yeah, I'd be pretty happy with this. I'd prefer Bieksa over Ehrhoff.

I'm trying to picture a Richards/Vinny/Gags line in action, and my brain keeps exploding from pure awesomeness.

Old
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Not sure if this is the right spot, but couldnt find a trade proposal thread....

Let's say Poile and Co. decide they can't field a playoff team with 20 mil locked up in the big 3 (Weber, Suter, Rinne), so one of them has to go. Weber is the face of the franchise, and we have no other starting goalie ready to go, so Poile decides to deal Suter. A team I see being very interested is Tampa Bay, who has lots of scoring but is in desperate need of help on D. There may be a chance Stammer and TB can't agree to terms, and Stamkos could be an acceptable loss since they have the likes of Vinny, St. Louis, Gagne, etc. So, to address needs for both teams in one of the biggest trades in recent memory:

to NSH
Steven Stamkos

to TBL
Ryan Suter
Ryan Ellis?

If Stevie Y doesn't do everything he can to keep Stammer, I'm going to start a riot in Tampa.

Old
05-30-2011, 02:30 PM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFulmineus View Post
Yeah, I'd be pretty happy with this. I'd prefer Bieksa over Ehrhoff.

I'm trying to picture a Richards/Vinny/Gags line in action, and my brain keeps exploding from pure awesomeness.

Yea its gonna be a long month to wait for july 1st....

Old
05-30-2011, 03:00 PM
ultra63

Quote:
Is Purcell a power forward??

Old
05-30-2011, 03:01 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Tampa Bay Lightning players cleaned out their lockers on Monday. The most interesting things to come out of the day was general manager Steve Yzerman saying he is open to bringing back goalies Dwayne Roloson and Mike Smith, and center Steven Stamkos, a potential restricted free agent, saying he sees no reason a deal will not be done.

"This has been my home for three years; I can't believe it's been three years already," Stamkos said. "We've been able to grow with the core bunch of guys and you saw what happened this year. We're so close. We're only going to get better as a team and I'd love to be part of that."
Asked if he saw any reason a deal would not get done, he said, "No, no. I don't know what else to say."

Said Yzerman: "He's one of the great young players in the game and a tremendous player for our organization. ... It will get done at some point."

As for the goaltending situation that seemed so up in the air for a while, Yzerman said he is open to bringing back Roloson and Smith. Roloson is no surprise, but it was not so long ago it appeared Smith, who cleared waivers and was sent to AHL Norfolk, might be on his way out. But two things happened, Smith was terrific since Dec. 15, going 6-2-1 in 10 games with a 1.53 goals-against average and .947 save percentage. The other was Cedrick Desjardins, who played for Norfolk last season and who the team originally wanted as backup, has dealt with a right-shoulder injury since January (believed to be a torn labrum) and recently underwent surgery that will keep him sidelined until October.

That left the door open for Smith and he walked through.

"He handled it as well as anybody could handle a situation like that," Yzerman said. "It speaks to his maturity and character that he went through a difficult time and handled it very well, and he made the best of the situation. I believe he's a better goalie after going through it."

As for a starting goalie, Tampa Bay was never going to sign one of the big-ticket free agents, so forget it if you're hoping Florida's Tomas Vokoun or Phoenix's Ilya Bryzgalove is coming this way. Roloson, who will be 42 next season, is a good fit for another year.

"Yeah, he played extremely well," Yzerman said. "I'll get a chance to sit down and talk to him, but he played very well. He was a huge factor on our team and we'll sit down and let him know right away."

"I'd love to come back," Roloson said. "Since I've been down here it's been great. The organization from top to bottom, the ownership, the coaching staff, the players, it's great. So, if there's an opportunity to come back, I'd love to."

Other stuff from locker clean-out day: Left wing Simon Gagne also wants to come back. The sticking point with him, though, could be money. ... Defenseman Pavel Kubina said he was scared for his career because his concussion symptoms were not improving, but that changed the past five or six days. Kubina says he has begun light workouts and will stay in the Tampa Bay area an extra two or three weeks before returning to his native Czech Republic. ... Captain Vinny Lecavalier said given how he played in the second half of this season and the playoffs, he can't wait for next season as his confidence is soaring. ... Smith and wife Brigitte are expecting their first child, a boy, on July 15. No names yet but Smith promised it will be "something spicy." ... Good quote from coach Guy Boucher: "I heard someone tell e yesterday in the street, and I kind of liked it, 'Hey, don't be disappointed. The team is back on track and we're on the map now.' I like the fact that we're on the map now, and that's what it is. The positives are we have created a culture and now have to build on that culture." ... And one final quote from Roloson, who looked about 10 years younger after shaving his playoff beard. "It's pretty bad when your kids are telling you you should probably get some Grecian Formula and get rid of the gray. For me, I wish I had it on another two weeks."
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...-wont-get-done

Old
05-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Managed to get through a lot of it up until he called purcell a power forward. Lol? He also conveniently has all of our big name guys signing elsewhere.

Old
05-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post

to NSH
Steven Stamkos

to TBL
Ryan Suter
Ryan Ellis?

As much as I would like to have those two, 50 goal scorers don't grow on trees and are virtually irreplaceable.

Old
05-30-2011, 04:04 PM
MomoSissokko

Quote:
T
Malone Stamkos Marty
Richards Vinny Gagne
Teddy Moore Downie
Bergenheim Thompson Hall
Tyrell

Brewer Ehrhoff/Bieksa
Ohlund Hedman
Kubina Clark
Lundin

Roli
Smith/Rookie
Dream team, ... we should plan the parade
only one change, do not split up Bergy from Moore...
btw Richards-Vinny-Gagne best second line ever ?

Old
05-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Riverbolt

Quote:

Malone Stamkos Marty
Richards Vinny Gagne
Teddy Moore Downie
Bergenheim Thompson Hall
Tyrell

Brewer Erhroff/Bieksa
Ohlund Hedman
Kubina Clark
Lundin

Roli
Smith/Rookie

And we thought our PP was sick now!

Maybe B.Jones is a better option than Tyrell? I really like his energy and work along the boards/behind the net.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:02 PM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbolt View Post

Maybe B.Jones is a better option than Tyrell? I really like his energy and work along the boards/behind the net.
Yea this was just a rough draft lol, and the 3rd and 4th lines were a bit tough, im sure guy will figure it out though

Old
05-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbolt View Post

I'd much rather Tyrell and Jones play over Hall, who I don't expect to be back.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:

Malone Stamkos Marty
Richards Vinny Gagne
Teddy Moore Downie
Bergenheim Thompson Hall
Tyrell

Brewer Erhroff/Bieksa
Ohlund Hedman
Kubina Clark
Lundin

Roli
Smith/Rookie

There is no chance Lundin is the odd man out.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

If Tyrell could just develop a little more scoring touch to his game, he'd be amazing. This guy had atleast one shorthanded breakaway a game it seemed during the regular season. His speed is incredible and showed he'll go to the dirty areas even if hegets put on his ass 9 times out of 10. Tyrell-Thompson-B. Jones fourth line is something I'd like to see.

Awesome news about Roli. Sounds like pen just needs to hit paper, otherwise its a done deal. Still undecided on Smith/backup though...

Old
05-30-2011, 06:03 PM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
There is no chance Lundin is the odd man out.
Yea the way i saw it was that hall/tyrell/jones would be 2 forward scratches and the bolts would play all seven defenseman but yea im a huge lundin fan

Old
05-30-2011, 06:31 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Something I've been thinking about- When you put in Blair Jones over Hall, you get a little more grit, a guy who fights a little more, can make some bigger hits, has a better slap shot and maybe better offensive upside if he can finally get that working at the NHL level, but you lose some very important things with Hall. Hall is a big part of our penalty kill. He was 14th in shorthand time/game and 10th in shorthanded time overall as a forward. He is a great shot blocker (26th most as a forward) and one of our better faceoff guys. You could also say that 4th line works so well because of the chemistry he has with Tyrell playing on a line together now for the past 2 seasons. With Jones you get an upgrade in overall player, but you lose a lot in the role Hall does for this team.

Old
05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Something I've been thinking about- When you put in Blair Jones over Hall, you get a little more grit, a guy who fights a little more, can make some bigger hits, has a better slap shot and maybe better offensive upside if he can finally get that working at the NHL level, but you lose some very important things with Hall. Hall is a big part of our penalty kill. He was 14th in shorthand time/game and 10th in shorthanded time overall as a forward. He is a great shot blocker (26th most as a forward) and one of our better faceoff guys. You could also say that 4th line works so well because of the chemistry he has with Tyrell playing on a line together now for the past 2 seasons. With Jones you get an upgrade in overall player, but you lose a lot in the role Hall does for this team.
I completely agree with you, I think that our 4th line is fine how it is, someone just has to teach tyrell that it is ok to try to skate past the defenseman and go for goal instead of chip it in the zone, but he is going to get better and better. I say keep the 4th line the same but have blair jones as a spare.

Closed Thread