HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Team Board Mock Draft

View Poll Results:
Joel Armia, RW, Assat (SM Ligga) 0 0%
Sean Couturier, C, Drummondville, (QMJHL) 23 33.82%
Dougie Hamilton, D, Niagara (OHL) 0 0%
Nathan Huberdeau, C, St. John (QMJHL) 6 8.82%
Gabriel Landeskog, LW, Kitchner (OHL) 35 51.47%
Ryan Murphy, D, Kitchner (OHL) 0 0%
Brandon Saad, LW, Saginaw (OHL) 0 0%
Duncan Seimens, D, Saskatoon (WHL) 0 0%
Ryan Strome, C, Niagara (OHL) 1 1.47%
Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgarden (SEL) 0 0%
Give the pick to Ottawa out of deep, deep shame 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Team Board Mock Draft

This will be a poll moving to each team's board for the corresponding pick in the draft.

Who will the Panthers draft?

1 selects Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer (WHL)

2 selects Adam Larsson, D, Skelleftea (SEL)

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM
SouthFLFan79

Landeskog is my pick

Last edited by SouthFLFan79: 04-18-2011 at 09:29 PM.
SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

^^^^

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:47 PM
BabyJagrov

Mine goes to Couturier... Can't believe will pass the BPA and by the way, the 6'4 monster center that is a need for us...

Happy with Landeskog if it goes that way, but we already made the "all-about-character" pick last year with Gudbranson and Landeskog's offensive ceiling is questionable IMO

Just hope it turns as good as Gudbranson if we select the Kitchener's captain !

Nice to be in the top-3 and glad to see Colorado fans haven't lost their minds !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Nice to be in the top-3 and glad to see Colorado fans haven't lost their minds !
Another Stastny to Toronto proposal might get us there.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
vendetta

vCash: 609
i would be happy with couturier, huberdeau, landeskog or strome. so i would try to trade down a couple spots. if not i think huberdeau has the highest celieng offensively

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Mine goes to Couturier... Can't believe will pass the BPA and by the way, the 6'4 monster center that is a need for us...

Happy with Landeskog if it goes that way, but we already made the "all-about-character" pick last year with Gudbranson and Landeskog's offensive ceiling is questionable IMO

Just hope it turns as good as Gudbranson if we select the Kitchener's captain !

How can you call Couturier the BPA? At this point, he's not even being mentioned in the top 5 by many credible people. At 6'4 and as dominant as you claim, there should be no shutting him down in the Q. Great talents, especially when they're so big physically, don't tend to be shut down in juniors. I think Couturier's a good prospect and a potential top 5 pick, but I don't see him as an elite talent. I see him as a potential #1 C with a high chance of him slotting into a #2 or at worst #3 center. I understand you really like him and I admit, I was higher on him before. He's been hyped since he was 13-14 years old. I remember reading a thread on here 5 years ago talking about Couturier as the next rising star. Fact is, regardless of how good or bad his team is, he's slowed down and hasn't progressed as quickly as others who are in a similar spot.
Improvement is ESSENTIAL at this point. These guys need to get better exponentially in order to break into the NHL, so an upward trend (i.e. RNH, Huberdeau, Johansen last year) is favorable. If there is any slowing down at this point (i.e. Olesz and Frolik in their draft years), it usually signals a big red flag. Personally I want RNH but I don't think we'll get him. I'd rather Huberdeau or Landeskog than Couturier. Couturier may end up as the best out of all of them too, none of us know, but Landeskog will be a solid pick regardless, and Huberdeau has the highest potential to be an impact offensive guy of those three IMO.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
PanthersRule96

I think we combined Nathan Belieau and Jonathan Huberdeau into one prospect, Nathan Huberdeau. I want him :-)

Old
04-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I think we combined Nathan Belieau and Jonathan Huberdeau into one prospect, Nathan Huberdeau. I want him :-)
LMAO

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
I voted Landeskog

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I voted Landeskog
Same...most complete player available and being compared to Toews doesnt hurt.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Gabby please

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Georgia Panther

If we keep the pick Landeskog however I would trade down to Ottawa at 6 and select whichever of Couturier or Huberdeau is left, preferably Huberdeau.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
ursavolta

i just don't think colorado would pick larsson..

i don't know.. they traded chris steward.. would'nt you think they would take lando?

i mean chris steward was a very good powerforward.. a 23 year old who played 36 games
with 30 points.. ..for johnson .. a young good nhl d - man ..

i mean we all know that colorado tanked on purpose to pick high this year.. but my bet is that they pick landos to replace steward and brewer to ease the pain of not taking larsson..i know they sent shat over to the blues but i really think they were going to get the 2nd round..

i dont know.. but it seems logical.. i doubt the avs skip landos

i just hope we dont pick larsson.. hes awesome but we dont need more D - men (we have a better chance of getting a good UFA d - man or bringing up our d prospects like our recently signed petrovic.. or guds ).. i hope we take a forward (lando or couts)

crossing my fingers hard

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Boooooth10

I don't even know anymore. My opinion keeps changing on who Tallon should pick. Last week I picked Couturier but now I feel like picking Larsson, Landeskog, or Huber would all be great choices as well.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I originally was really against the idea of Landeskog, but the more I've thought of it, the more I like the idea of drafting the idea of someone whose really good at what he does (a winger). We've drafted a couple of centers who look to have potential in Bjugstad and Shore, so I think adding Landeskog who is rated as the BPA at this point is the best option.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
If we keep the pick Landeskog however I would trade down to Ottawa at 6 and select whichever of Couturier or Huberdeau is left, preferably Huberdeau.
This. Although, with our luck, they'd both be gone. I really want Huberdeau, but I don't see him falling to 6.

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Panthers 20

Sean Couturier, although it's a very tough call.

Panthers 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:46 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Couturier or Landeskog is a very very tough decision. Either one would be fantastic in a Cats uniform.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
How can you call Couturier the BPA? At this point, he's not even being mentioned in the top 5 by many credible people. At 6'4 and as dominant as you claim, there should be no shutting him down in the Q. Great talents, especially when they're so big physically, don't tend to be shut down in juniors. I think Couturier's a good prospect and a potential top 5 pick, but I don't see him as an elite talent. I see him as a potential #1 C with a high chance of him slotting into a #2 or at worst #3 center. I understand you really like him and I admit, I was higher on him before. He's been hyped since he was 13-14 years old. I remember reading a thread on here 5 years ago talking about Couturier as the next rising star. Fact is, regardless of how good or bad his team is, he's slowed down and hasn't progressed as quickly as others who are in a similar spot.
Improvement is ESSENTIAL at this point. These guys need to get better exponentially in order to break into the NHL, so an upward trend (i.e. RNH, Huberdeau, Johansen last year) is favorable. If there is any slowing down at this point (i.e. Olesz and Frolik in their draft years), it usually signals a big red flag. Personally I want RNH but I don't think we'll get him. I'd rather Huberdeau or Landeskog than Couturier. Couturier may end up as the best out of all of them too, none of us know, but Landeskog will be a solid pick regardless, and Huberdeau has the highest potential to be an impact offensive guy of those three IMO.
I won't let you say he has slowed down or didn't improve... That's untrue, you should look at what I did in the draft discussion thread !

Why is it a red flag to draft Couturier ? Because his worst month in the season was his last ?

Olesz and Frolik had bad YEAR... Couturier had a bad month, too bad for him it was to finish the season.

But I understand people going with the guy who has the most success lately, that's totally understandable. But I don't want to believe Couturier will fall down or I don't want to believe he isn't a top-4 prospect in this prospect... Like you said he could be the best player in the draft, heck he could even fall Cam Fowler-like what do I know, I'm a simple user on HF !

I believe in Couturier yes ! And Couturier is as solid a pick as Landeskog... I haven't seen Landeskog if only for his couple of games at the WJC... When I saw Kitchener, only Murphy was there because of Gabriel's injury.

But I don't want Huberdeau, I may be wrong, I see a top prospect there for sure... But not on par with Couturier and others IMO Well at least not this year so far...

Old
04-18-2011, 04:51 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
This. Although, with our luck, they'd both be gone. I really want Huberdeau, but I don't see him falling to 6.
Couturier won't be available at 6 IMO

Trading with Ottawa and hoping for Huberdeau to fall would be quite the reach...

Murphy and Hamilton are great, like Strome but trading out of the top-3 for another asset and one of this three kids isn't worth it IMO

Quality better than quantity !

Old
04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
vipersno8

I voted Huberdeau. RNH will go first and im almost certain the Av's will take Landeskog, remembering that they have the 11th pick as well, so there need for a Dman can be dealt with there (Hamilton, Beaulieu and Oleksiak projected around there). So they wont be going for Larsson and id prefer offence!!!

vipersno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
TheMightyPanther85

I voted Landeskog. With him being compared to Mike Richards and Gudbranson being compared to Pronger....we would be like the Philadelphia Flyers of the Southeast Division.

TheMightyPanther85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:48 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
I won't let you say he has slowed down or didn't improve... That's untrue, you should look at what I did in the draft discussion thread !

Why is it a red flag to draft Couturier ? Because his worst month in the season was his last ?

Olesz and Frolik had bad YEAR... Couturier had a bad month, too bad for him it was to finish the season.

But I understand people going with the guy who has the most success lately, that's totally understandable. But I don't want to believe Couturier will fall down or I don't want to believe he isn't a top-4 prospect in this prospect... Like you said he could be the best player in the draft, heck he could even fall Cam Fowler-like what do I know, I'm a simple user on HF !

I believe in Couturier yes ! And Couturier is as solid a pick as Landeskog... I haven't seen Landeskog if only for his couple of games at the WJC... When I saw Kitchener, only Murphy was there because of Gabriel's injury.

But I don't want Huberdeau, I may be wrong, I see a top prospect there for sure... But not on par with Couturier and others IMO Well at least not this year so far...
I'm talking more about comparing him last year vs. this year. Obviously he's improved his all-around game etc. but he didn't explode from last year to this year as much as anticipated. I'd rather someone like Huberdeau, who put up 30 some points last year vs. over 100 this year than the guy who puts up 85 one year and 95 the next year. it means he's a great player in juniors but that trend upward by Huberdeau means that there may be more on the way.

Old
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

I'm gonna go with Landeskog, because I think is the most likely outcome.

Good job anyway Hasbro.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote