HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

WCQF: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (8) Chicago Blackhawks Part IV ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
LMAO
Wow that still wont take away his conn smythe, best fwd olympics and stanley cup though.

And the fact that 30 GMS would love to have him.
To be fair, the poster you quoted said he still admired Toews the player rather than the person. Everything you listed there is associated with Toews the hockey player.

Old
04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
Part 4? Jesus.
Don't you mean part fore.

Old
04-18-2011, 07:21 PM
jojoh07*

Has anyone talked to Theo fleury lately ??

how's the Nucks not getting out of first round working out for him ?

Old
04-18-2011, 07:22 PM
bbud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoh07 View Post
Has anyone talked to Theo fleury lately ??

how's the Nucks not getting out of first round working out for him ?
shh dont wake up theo lol

Old
04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
rune74

PLease tell me no one saw bowman going to the refs again, I won't the reffing of the first two games not the last one please.

Old
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Big LOL at the dissapearring act from all the Hawks 'fans' on the main board.

Ran their team out of their own arena, ran their fans out of our thread.

Old
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
To be fair, the poster you quoted said he still admired Toews the player rather than the person. Everything you listed there is associated with Toews the hockey player.

Yes, I'm glad that you caught that distinction. Still a hell of a hockey player, but an immature person.

Old
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
No, you mean par fore

Old
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Ubi Sunt
QQ Joe

Holy crap. Toews really struck a nerve with you guys.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
TmX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Sunt View Post
Holy crap. Toews really struck a nerve with you guys.
I have respect for Toews but he should of not said that the Canucks receive too much credit and are over-rated.
The Canucks did finish first overall in almost every category in the league this season.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Ubi Sunt
QQ Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmX View Post
I have respect for Toews but he should of not said that the Canucks receive too much credit and are over-rated.
The Canucks did finish first overall in almost every category in the league this season.
Why not? Is the reason for such a strong reaction to Toews' comments that there are some fears that the Canucks will be exposed as the same team that folded against the Hawks when they face stiffer competition? These responses reek of insecurity. I can't believe that it's really anger at being insulted by Toews but rather something much deeper in the fans' psyche.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:17 PM
jd22

vCash: 705
Send a message via MSN to jd22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Well played. I actually LOL'd.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:17 PM
AlameVigneault

Quote:
Why not? Is the reason for such a strong reaction to Toews' comments that there are some fears that the Canucks will be exposed as the same team that folded against the Hawks when they face stiffer competition? These responses reek of insecurity. I can't believe that it's really anger at being insulted by Toews but rather something much deeper in the fans' psyche.
Nope, its all about respect. You don't have to like your opposition, but don't go around telling the media that the Canucks don't deserve the 3 wins. This just makes Toews sound arrogant and delusional.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
jojoh07*

Quote:
Ladies and gentleman : Sherlock Holmes

another mystery solved

Old
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
TmX

Quote:
Insecurity? I just think that his comments were unprofessional. I don't believe his comments will make any difference to how this series will turn out. I don't care what he says to his players in the dressing room but saying this in public is just disrespectful and unprofessional.
We heard the big goon Scott try to talk trash before the game and look where that got him and the blackhawks.
I just think rather then concentrating on making comments like that he should concentrate on bringing up the moral and the energy in the dressing room and on the ice.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Dr Good Vibes

Quote:
As a Canuck fan, I couldn't care less about Toews comments. That's why I never posted anything about them.

To take a small selection of a fanbase, and use their questioning of what is obviously frustration to extrapolate that the entire fanbase is "insecure", is silly.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Nerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
The blackhawks problem is not just lack of a good bottom 6, their D is incredibly soft, Campoli,Leddy,Campbell,Keith are not bruising defencemen capable of clearing the net which was the main problem on the GWG yesterday.
This is a good point. I remember the D corps on last year's Hawks being terrifying, not only because they were tough but also because they were so quick on the puck and controlled the transition game so well.

This year they don't seem as quick with their passes nor as tough to play against. Seems to make it much harder for the Hawks forwards to put up the points without the D providing more to work with.

Last edited by Nerve: 04-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old
04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
The collective psyche of Canucks fans is absolutely fine. Our team is likely going to advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs at the expense of their nemesis, the Chicago Blackhawks. All is well in Canuckland.

We really hate the Blackhawks so obviously any comments like the ones from Toews will strike a nerve.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yes, I'm glad that you caught that distinction. Still a hell of a hockey player, but an immature person.
I don't agree in the slightest, but to each his own.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
No. It's because a lot of Canuck fans had a great deal of respect for Toews, what he's done at such a young age, and then suddenly when everything doesn't go his way, he acts like a dick.

Personally, I don't care at all, but it just goes to show you how you get a much better idea of who a person is when they are facing adversity. The Canucks team have faced a lot of that for the past two seasons, and they've not said anything like this.

I guess people are just disappointed to find out Toews maturity is a bit of a facade. Oddly enough, Kane has actually come across as the bigger person.

But hey, keep rationalizing anything that makes you feel like the bigger person.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
No. It's because a lot of Canuck fans had a great deal of respect for Toews, what he's done at such a young age, and then suddenly when everything doesn't go his way, he acts like a dick.

Personally, I don't care at all, but it just goes to show you how you getter a much better idea of who a person is when they are facing adversity. The Canucks team have faced a lot of that for the past two seasons, and they've not said anything like this.

I guess people are just disappointed to find out Toews maturity is a bit of a facade. Oddly enough, Kane has actually come across as the bigger person.

But hey, keep rationalizing anything that makes you feel like the bigger person.
People forget he is a kid sometimes, what we are seeing now is his age showing.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
jimmythescot

I didn't realise other Canuck fans were serious about the Toews comments. I found them to be as comical as everyone else probably found the Kesler "COWARD!" comment from last season.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Schroeder19

Not trying to troll

but lol at kane crying in the interview yesterday

feels even better to destroy the cup champs

Old
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
People forget he is a kid sometimes, what we are seeing now is his age showing.
I agree. He's had a lot responsibility on his shoulders at a young age, and clearly the guy is frustrated. He's already more mature than most people twice his age, even with the comments.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
I agree. He's had a lot responsibility on his shoulders at a young age, and clearly the guy is frustrated. He's already more mature than most people twice his age, even with the comments.
I think what's showing his immaturity most isn't even the comments about the Canucks (which just show incredible lack of respect for the opposition no matter how much he may hate them)...Why is the Hawks' captain whining and crying on ice on every single call the refs are making against his team (despite getting the benefit of nearly all the calls) including flipping out about correctly made deflection calls. Suck it up and talk to the ref if you have to - chasing them around the ice and screaming isn't exactly good leadership. That's the same way Shane O'Brien displayed his "leadership" and it was embarrassing to watch. Though maybe Toews is just following the example of Coach Q, who seems to be flipping out for 90% of the game.

Great player, no doubt, and I don't see how talking about how he reacts to losing takes anything away from what he's won.

Closed Thread