Just a complete effort and game by everyone. That was a pleasure to watch.
- Great rebound game for Drew. He didn't play well at all in game 1 and was an impact player tonight. Huge game by him.
- Johnson getting on board. He was a rock in his own end again but we need him to contribute offensively as well. That was such a big goal.
- Quick (and the team) with the shutout. Quick obviously played well and was tracking the puck extremely well but that was a consummate team effort there. Great defensive zone control for the most part. All d-men played well. They gave Quick lanes to see the shots. The PK was great. The offensive zone presence and control contributed. Just a great team effort.
- Clifford is awesome. Just love the heart and nails of that kid. Glad he was rewarded.
I can't say enough about how this team responded to that awful 1st period in Game 1. What an effort they showed since then and they were rewarded tonight with a dominating win.
__________________ "I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
Last edited by William H Bonney: 04-16-2011 at 11:45 PM.
What a great performance! My take aways from this match:
1) Kings easily won a game without needing quick to steal it. Remember all those predictions before the series that the only way the Kings would win is if Quick stole it? Well Quick didn’t do much tonight and won easily. In fact, the FSW “Farmer’s save of the night” wasn’t even a save, they couldn’t find any normal quick magic.
2) Thorton has been a no show in the first two games. Same as always and he’s going to be dealing with questions.
3) Kings by far the best team the last 5 + periods of hockey. Our system is working against the Sharks and somehow the matchups are favoring us against their great line.
4) The Kings grind style of play is perfect for the play offs. The first two games are vindication for TM against the haters.
5) J Quick getting a shutout could have a huge morale boost effect going forward.
6) Huge step up by Johnson and Doughty.
7) I watched a lot of the game on the sharks feed, those announcers are ….reasonable. Not bad homers at all.
8) Can anyone think of a single legitimate negative from tonight?
Great night Kings!!!!
TM must be happy. We played even keel and executed our cycle system and it really paid off. Defensemen getting their shots on net was also a huge (game-changing) plus. Great win, lets take the next two at home and roll on from there!!
**** yeah **** yeah **** YEAH!!!!! If there was one thing we needed, it was this. We must make them pay on our ice. We can do it, GO KINGS!!!!!
"It has not been a good day. I lost my glasses early this morning and I had to go buy a pair of 79 dollar reading glasses today. 79 bucks. You can literally get them at Costco, three-for-20." - Darryl Sutter's response to going up 2-0 in the series.