HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How badly hurt is Richards?

Old
04-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

vCash: 500
How badly hurt is Richards?

This has gone far too long. Can the guy just sit down for a bit and heal up? Or at least, Holmgren make a statement in regards to the guy's health status? It's just not fair for us fans to expect so much more out of this guy. He looks like he's one step away from going to the emergency room out there.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
hof2120

Trade him for a bag of pucks.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
number71*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Trade him for a bag of pucks.
These new injury prone flyers players like Richards and Pronger remind me of that crybaby lindros. There hasn't been a a gritty flyers team since bobby clarke and company.

number71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
This has gone far too long. Can the guy just sit down for a bit and heal up? Or at least, Holmgren make a statement in regards to the guy's health status? It's just not fair for us fans to expect so much more out of this guy. He looks like he's one step away from going to the emergency room out there.
He shut down Vanek & Co., while saddled with Nodl and Versteeg, set up a few scoring chances (did you see his wingers?), dished out a few hits, and got in Miller's face.

What exactly were you looking for?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Richards looked good last night.

Also, it's NEVER a good idea for a GM to come out during the playoffs and say "Hey fans, in case you were wondering, Richards injured his shoulder." Every other team will hear "Hey opponents, really pound Richards every chance you get."

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Vanek was invisible, thaniks to Richards

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:55 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoverCarle View Post
Vanek was invisible, thaniks to Richards
Buffalo could say Richards was invisible (at least offensively) thanks to Vanek I suppose...

Nontheless, he looked better but still not his usual game changing self. I think that is what people are looking for and it may not be there b/c of injury which seems likely...kind of sucks b/c when he is in true form it is awesome to watch..like when he shmangled Krecji last year!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Look it may be true, that it's a poor idea to make whatever injury he's hiding public. I just hope whatever it is, it doesn't get further damaged and result in a serious injury that puts him out for extended time.

Vanek also isn't this superstar playoff performer either.

10G, 15PTS in 30 career playoff games.

Last edited by Crescent Street: 04-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:58 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Buffalo could say Richards was invisible (at least offensively) thanks to Vanek I suppose...
Richards plays on the checking line, Vanek is Buffalo's best forward. Big difference.

nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:

Nontheless, he looked better but still not his usual game changing self. I think that is what people are looking for and it may not be there b/c of injury which seems likely...kind of sucks b/c when he is in true form it is awesome to watch..like when he shmangled Krecji last year!
1. Richards wasn't invisible he was a monster on the forecheck and made some good plays.

2. Richards' line is our checking line

Old
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Richards plays on the checking line, Vanek is Buffalo's best forward. Big difference.
Understood..but Richards was also one of our leading scorers this year...mostly from an assist standpoint..he's not exactly a 3rd line player. Last year he was doing it all until the finals when he was shot...that's the beauty of Richards when healthy...

Old
04-15-2011, 10:04 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Understood..but Richards was also one of our leading scorers this year...mostly from an assist standpoint..he's not exactly a 3rd line player. Last year he was doing it all until the finals when he was shot...that's the beauty of Richards when healthy...
writing Richards off after 1 scoreless game is useless

The guy had 5 shots on net

Old
04-15-2011, 10:06 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoverCarle View Post
writing Richards off after 1 scoreless game is useless
Nobody is writing him off after the first game so your extreme argument is useless ...having said this we also need to take into consideration how he's played most of the season and he's been off.

Everybody of course is entitled to their own opinions they are not entitled to their own facts...

Old
04-15-2011, 10:07 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:

They could say that, except they'd be wrong...'cause Richards is the shutdown forward of those two. He's a dynamic offensive player, too, but often times you trade that off when you need him to neutralize the other team's biggest threat.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
They could say that, except they'd be wrong...'cause Richards is the shutdown forward of those two. He's a dynamic offensive player, too, but often times you trade that off when you need him to neutralize the other team's biggest threat.
Again I realize that and not disagreeing just that last year Richards was at another level he was neutralizing and capitalizing as well.That is all I'm pointing out. It's only 1 game that is right...the fact is getting what we did from him last year is what we need if we are going to get as far. This year he's been off..fact...everybody has been saying it even people like Clement etc. If he is injured that explains it but it sucks for us going forward if he can't be the Richards of last year (until the finals of course).

Old
04-15-2011, 10:18 AM
DelGriffith

Ummm if you guys don't want Richards anymore the leafs will gladly take him off your hands ; ) seriously though beast. Look up beast in the dictionary and you see this dudes face. If he's shutting down vanek ANd laying out hits, strong on the forecheck AND pretty banged up right now? Warrior.

DelGriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Cartsiephan*

IF Richards is injured, and it is either shoulder or both, he needs to address this in the offseason with a better strengthening program in the offseason. He is getting paid good money to play, time to start taking the job serious if he keeps getting injured.

Let's also stop with the lame excuses. Whenever one of our star players does not look right it is alwys that he must be injured. He played through the season the same way, this is who he is or at least who he has become from the 2006-07 Mike Richards.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:41 AM
healthyscratch

I would think if he was that injured that bad they would've sat him at some point in the last two months.

I thought he played a good game last night. Expecting crazy point production when he's playing with Noodles and Versteeg, while shutting down Vanek isn't realistic. First job is to keep Vanek off the board, points are secondary. They will come, but not at the pace some people expect.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:44 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Give him a winger or two and maybe he'll get points. I realize that he made Carcillo look like an NHL'er last year a few times, but the guy is not a miracle worker.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
TheKingPin

He played great. They are a one line team and richie took away that line. He has struggled but he looked great from his first shift. Only thing id like to see him do is not go for the far corner all time. Its not going right now he needs to shoot for rebounds or scrambles or drive to the net for a goal or a PP.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:50 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
He was brutal, I expected at least 3 goals by him !!

WTF is wrong with some of you, I know half are ******** posts, but **** me some of you are whiny little *****es !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:06 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Some individuals apparently didn't notice the Flyers completely neutralize the Sabres top two lines.

Yeah, let's focus on the negatives and speculate that Richards is too injured to be effective... even though he was one of the Flyers' best players in Game 1. I bet Richards is 'hurt', but he'd be the last person to use that as an excuse for a poor playoff performance.

04-15-2011, 11:06 AM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
He was brutal, I expected at least 3 goals by him !!

WTF is wrong with some of you, I know half are ******** posts, but **** me some of you are whiny little *****es !

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
Dumb thread. He tried to get the goalie rattled by that scrum in front of Miller. There isn't anything wrong with him. If there is, don't matter, he played through it and give it everything he has. That's just the way he is.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Some individuals apparently didn't notice the Flyers completely neutralize the Sabres top two lines.

Yeah, let's focus on the negatives and speculate that Richards is too injured to be effective... even though he was one of the Flyers' best players in Game 1. I bet Richards is 'hurt', but he'd be the last person to use that as an excuse for a poor playoff performance.

But if he didn't get 4 pts, he must be injured, Lazy, or doesn't take his offseason seriuosly !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote