HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about "Obstructed View" Seats

Old
09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
bosco99

vCash: 500
Question about "Obstructed View" Seats

I bought a couple of opening game tickets to supplement my Sharkpak. The tickets are listed as "obstructed View". I've sat all over the arena and have never had any issues with my view being obstructed by a non-human object. Does anyone have any experience with these type of seats? I assume it may be just a small portion of the railing, but, I can't imagine that they would be that bad.

They're second row, corner of the upper deck.

Thanks

bosco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:40 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Maybe really tall season ticket holders are in front of you.

No, I can't say that I have had that problem. If it is the corner then maybe they are saying that boards will block your view from part of the rink?

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:00 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

The only kind of obstruction there is at the Tank are leaners. The only other thing I could possibly complain about, are the handrails sometimes getting in the way if you sit close to them. Such a minor annoyance though

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
You're right ... it would be part of the railing. I've sat in the the second row of the upper deck and had what you're talking about. A little annoying at first, but it's not too bad. A little ducking here and there but you should be fine. Nothing like Wrigley field ... we bought tickets to a Cubs game and had a huge pillar ten rows in front of us.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
ClicheGuevara

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/san_jose_sharks/

I'm guessing you'll be sitting behind those white pipes.

ClicheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
snaggle toof

I believe you will have railing in front of you. Its that white hand rail that is at the tunnel exit into the section. Something like five verical rails about 6 to 8 inches apart. You should be able to see fine, you just may need to adjust a little for where the plays at.

snaggle toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
bosco99

That's pretty much my take. I figure it maybe a slight bit of the rail. That shouldn't be too bad.

Old
09-17-2008, 06:07 PM
SJPuckPlayer

I sat right behind Randy and Drew one game and the cameras blocked half the ice.

SJPuckPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
bosco99

nighthock, I know exactly what you're talking about. I went to a game at Fenway and had a pillar about 50 ft away completely block my view of the plate. $150 for tickets and I couldn't see a single swing. Still a great experience though.

Old
09-17-2008, 06:45 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Also, if sitting low enough in section 215, you get to dodge the cameras and commentators.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:11 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco99 View Post
nighthock, I know exactly what you're talking about. I went to a game at Fenway and had a pillar about 50 ft away completely block my view of the plate. $150 for tickets and I couldn't see a single swing. Still a great experience though.
At the old Boston Garden I've sat in an "Obstructed View" seat which literally had a pillar about 2 feet in front of it. I spent the whole game leaning to one side or the other to see around it - but hell it was cheap and I was a starving student.

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
The only kind of obstruction there is at the Tank are leaners. The only other thing I could possibly complain about, are the handrails sometimes getting in the way if you sit close to them. Such a minor annoyance though
Although not applicable to the OP, your quote is not a true statement.

101, Rows 3-4 are obstructed view. My first year of STH I did 101, Row 4 (2 rows behind visitor's bench) because we wanted to be in club so badly and that's all the club that was avail and they are OV (even the ticket reps said so).

You are obstructed by players, coaches, trainers, and sticks. Wasn't too bad seeing the side of the ice you sat on, but the other side was impossible. you had to watch the jumbotron, and my first STH year was the last with the old jumbotron. Yet you pay full sideline club price.

101 Rows 3-4 are the worst seats in the tank, even behind the Sharks bench, unless you want to get on TV. You just can't see the entire game without looking up, which should be goal of any seat.

Thank god after one STH year of non-club, we're back in club and not in 101, Rows 3-4. :-)

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
DoubleMinor

I purchased upper deck tix w/ obstructed view once and will never do it again. I couldn’t see 2/3 of the ice....maybe exaggerating a little there. My view was obstructed by hand and edge railings. It was seriously bad. It was the absolute worst time I’ve had at a game and this comes from someone who used to tell everyone "there isn’t a bad seat in the tank!". It got to the point where i was just sitting there eating peanuts and watching the dinky old Trinitron. I truly hope your experience will be better.

DoubleMinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMinor View Post
I purchased upper deck tix w/ obstructed view once and will never do it again. I couldn’t see 2/3 of the ice....maybe exaggerating a little there. My view was obstructed by hand and edge railings. It was seriously bad. It was the absolute worst time I’ve had at a game and this comes from someone who used to tell everyone "there isn’t a bad seat in the tank!". It got to the point where i was just sitting there eating peanuts and watching the dinky old Trinitron. I truly hope your experience will be better.
Well I think besides the upper deck OV seats and 101, Rows 3-4 OV seats (which as I said before, full sideline club price, in 06-07 I paid like $8k for the pair...they should give a discount for any OV seats, even if they are club!),

"There isn't a bad seat in the tank!"

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
ChokingV

Send a message via AIM to ChokingV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer View Post
I sat right behind Randy and Drew one game and the cameras blocked half the ice.
Yeah, I had those seats one time and they were absolutely awful. The cameras and TV crews block so much of the ice that the only way to see anything is to stand on your toes.

ChokingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco99 View Post
I bought a couple of opening game tickets to supplement my Sharkpak. The tickets are listed as "obstructed View". I've sat all over the arena and have never had any issues with my view being obstructed by a non-human object. Does anyone have any experience with these type of seats? I assume it may be just a small portion of the railing, but, I can't imagine that they would be that bad.

They're second row, corner of the upper deck.

Thanks
The game I went to there I sat in obstructed view seats. They suck. You have metal wires blocking your view.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 01:59 AM
joe2cheech

yea i sat in obstructed view seats at a playoff game, the huge white pipes blocked my view of the goal, really sucked.

joe2cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:18 PM
twofootslim

Hi guys, sorry to bump up this thread but I had a quick question. I purchased tickets today in section 226, row 5, seats 1,2 that say they have an obstructed view. I tried looking at http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/san_jose_sharks/ but was wondering if anyone has experience with similar seats. Would it be better to sit in these seats or to sit higher up in row 12 of the same section? Thanks for any help!

twofootslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Felys

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofootslim View Post
Hi guys, sorry to bump up this thread but I had a quick question. I purchased tickets today in section 226, row 5, seats 1,2 that say they have an obstructed view. I tried looking at http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/san_jose_sharks/ but was wondering if anyone has experience with similar seats. Would it be better to sit in these seats or to sit higher up in row 12 of the same section? Thanks for any help!
You'll probably have some minor rail obstruction, and in row 5 leaning to avoid said obstruction might piss off a bunch of fans around you so you may be better off going with the higher seats if you don't mind it. I've had partially obstructed view seats in row 1 of the upper bowl due to the rails and its not generally a big deal, but in the front row the obstruction is extremely minimal.

Felys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

You'll have the railing at the landing (edge of upper deck) in your view.

YMMV, your preference.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by twofootslim View Post
Last game of the season I was in 206 seats 1 and 2, they didn't say obstructed view but here is what they were. They were in front of the stairs. Meaning no one is in front of you except the stairs and you have to bob and weave your head to since the safety railing is usually your obstructed view. I'll try to upload a picture of what I mean.

(Oh this is not section 206 but you get the idea with the railing here).

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Sharks4Life

and this is why i usually take the upper deck last row seats so I can stand or lean and not piss people off. Personally I feel like HP has the best angle for seating so that even in the upper deck last row you can still see damn well.... but thats just IMHO.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote