HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #4: Flyers @ Sabres - Wednesday, Apr. 20, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
04-21-2011, 03:34 AM
MGIII
Legendary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
You had exactly one threatening chance.
Pom snapped a freak wrister and Boucher coughed up a tasty rebound (which admittedly came off fast) that Ennis fanned on with an open net.

Ennis couldn't get the shot over Boucher's right pad.

Vanek made a good and patient move that would've left us with a 2 on 0 if Kaleta didn't score himself and dislodged the goal like a fool.

As opposed to...

Briere 1-on-1

One of your guys fanned on a hot cross ice pass (he wasn't ready for it by the looks of it)

That's by my count, but these matters usually come down to bias and perspective, so yeah.

Edit: I guess I can count Richard's chance where he couldn't really get some wood on it and Miller stick saved. Looked meh but it was a pivotal chance. It's tied, I made a bad point, carry on.

Last edited by MGIII: 04-21-2011 at 03:47 AM.
MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:55 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Ah, yes. Forgot about the Kaleta magic.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:59 AM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Ah, yes. Forgot about the Kaleta magic.
As much as we love how much everyone else hates him (means he's doing his job well), and how beneficial he's been since he came back, he's good for one of those types of gaffes every game or two. Like a lovable idiot.

MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:52 AM
DutchDennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Yeah miller played a good game and made the saves he had to, but if your supposed to have one of the deepest teams in the league, miller can't save everything. Skill has to show up on Offense and it hasn't.

Exhibit A.
Pens are up 3-1 on Tampa? Would we be up 3-1 on Tampa which is a better team than buffalo.

Good teams find ways to win. I can handle one shutout, but 2, cmon now in the same fashion. They weren't there tonight again. I expect more out of this group because other teams do more with less.
Exactly my thoughts. With all the talent we have I expect a lot more, maybe I expect too much or aren't we as good as I think? I know Miller is a great goalie but he is als just a human being... 2 out of 4 we haven't scored on him... look back at those to games en be prepared for the coming 2 or 3... adjust yourself to his play... don't make the moves you made and attack him with other styles.... we have so much more talent than they have... haven't we???

DutchDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:11 AM
MiD

can someone scream straight to G face - SHOOT!!!, please...

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:59 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiD View Post
can someone scream straight to G face - SHOOT!!!, please...
Long as we scream at others to SCREEN!

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:08 AM
MiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Long as we scream at others to SCREEN!
no, because he will be try pass to them

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:07 AM
dookie88

To the guy responsible for the music at the HSBC Arena:
Your favourite trash-disco from the 90s called, they want their music back.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:13 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Flyers dominated this game, especially in the 3rd. Sure, the Sabres went into a shell, but it didn't help them negate much. Miller flat out stole this one. So far Flyers have been the better team on the ice consistently in my opinion, and if they play with this intensity in the last 2/3 games of this series, they'll come out on top. But Miller has definitely been the equalizer us Flyers fans were hoping he wasn't going to be this time.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:14 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
...Vanek made a good and patient move that would've left us with a 2 on 0 if Kaleta didn't score himself and dislodged the goal like a fool.

As opposed to...

Briere 1-on-1
Why is it a 2 on 0 with Boucher but a 1 on 1 with Miller?

Old
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Mgkibbles

Even though the Flyers dominated play, JVR was the only Flyer forward who was driving the net, and gaining the slot. Everyone else seemed satisfied with over passing and playing on the perimeter, that's not how you beat Miller, and that's certainly not how they won Games two and three.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:54 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Even though the Flyers dominated play, JVR was the only Flyer forward who was driving the net, and gaining the slot. Everyone else seemed satisfied with over passing and playing on the perimeter, that's not how you beat Miller, and that's certainly not how they won Games two and three.
Thing was, we scored first in those games. Sabres clamp down on the slot are with a 1 goal lead, even early on, so you need to work around the perimeter to at least open the ice up a little bit first before crashing the net. Can't afford to have a stupid breakdown like we did on the only goal and keep putting pressure on their D to get the first goal of the next game, and then we can work the way we want to offensively. Every series needs a good blowout, let's be on the winning end of one tomorrow.

Old
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

More traffic will lead to more goals. I'd be blasting them high at the d and miller, head height. A la bobby hull

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:21 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

the scrum at the end of the game will probably be the turning point in this series, IMO. after ANOTHER flat start (****ing **** ******* jesus flipping christ not again) they dominated this game. everyone on the team is pissed they didn't win last night and i'm fully expecting them to destroy the sabres in game 5, physically and on the scoreboard.

great job by the fourth line last night. all three of them had spectacular games. lappy would be proud.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Orange Crush 89

This series could easily have been a 4-0 sweep by the Flyers sans 2 wins by Miller, yet it's tied 2-2 and anything could happen.

Here's the ultimate question, however; We're *****ing about the officiating right now (and rightfully so), how much worse do you think it'll be next round (if the Flyers advance)? The way things are shaking up... they'd play... ... ... ... the Penguins.

But anyway, whoever wins game 5 wins this series.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Doyle

Miller posts second 1-0 shutout, Sabres even series

http://nhlhotstove.com/miller-posts-...s-even-series/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Nevermind it was posted already. Still Kaleta is a *****.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Like the effort, not the result.
3 best flyers were Boosh, carbomb, JVR

Not sure I'm happy with kimmo going after the junk for gerber.
That's not right.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Like the effort, not the result.
3 best flyers were Boosh, carbomb, JVR

Not sure I'm happy with kimmo going after the junk for gerber.
That's not right.
Agreed. Glad to see some emotion from this team, but they are losing the physical battle to this team.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
bennysflyers16

Richards better be suspended for 2 games minimum. If Bettman's refs think that Richies warranted more of a penalty than Torres, Downie, Kunitz, and Ruutuu, how can you not suspend him. The fact that refs look to protect the Kaletas over the Gagne's and Erat's of the league shows how ****ing bush league this is.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:08 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Richards better be suspended for 2 games minimum. If Bettman's refs think that Richies warranted more of a penalty than Torres, Downie, Kunitz, and Ruutuu, how can you not suspend him. The fact that refs look to protect the Kaletas over the Gagne's and Erat's of the league shows how ****ing bush league this is.
Especially given the situation when Kaleta was hit.... He was taking a run at a guy while looking at the numbers on his back with (IIRC) 2.6 seconds left in the period......

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Deal with it, they killed it off and should have been able to score in the final 15mins. Bring that intensity to the next game and forget about it. The refs are not going to help the Flyers, not going to happen, so you have to overcome the adversity and raise the compete level. I thought they did that over the last 15 minutes.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Carcillo's postgame comment summed things up

Quote:
"They're hard on the right guys," Carcillo said. "They haven't said boo to some of the other guys who they know will fight back. That's the way they play. That's the way they've always played. So we'll see what happens in [Game] 5."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1KAcrvbum

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:17 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Deal with it, they killed it off and should have been able to score in the final 15mins. Bring that intensity to the next game and forget about it. The refs are not going to help the Flyers, not going to happen, so you have to overcome the adversity and raise the compete level. I thought they did that over the last 15 minutes.
Deal with what, we lost, Miller played great. I know we won't win every game. The call was absolute horse **** and I am pissed off. Losses create lots of material for you to spew your garbage on the internet, for me I am ****ing livid that we didn't take command of this series.

Riche was jumping and pumped when we killed it off and high fived all the penalty killers, that must of stung heh ???

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Deal with what, we lost, Miller played great. I know we won't win every game. The call was absolute horse **** and I am pissed off. Losses create lots of material for you to spew your garbage on the internet, for me I am ****ing livid that we didn't take command of this series.

Riche was jumping and pumped when we killed it off and high fived all the penalty killers, that must of stung heh ???
You do not blame it on the refs, the team still needs to perform and convert on their chances. The fault for not taking that game falls on the players, this is what I and others have made a point in saying.

And are your seriously thinking I want Richards to fail, or this team to fail? The levels of the Philly sports fan have gotten to the point of FAIL. Please, just be accountable when trying to not show the bias. Flyers get screwed, deal with it. Move on and make a 60 minute effort much like the last 15 when it looked like they cared more about the results.

Hey, speaking of Richie.....how about him getting abused by the Sabres last night, laughing at him while Tyler drags him across the ice like a doll. Nice fight back...