HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #4: Flyers @ Sabres - Wednesday, Apr. 20, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
You do not blame it on the refs, the team still needs to perform and convert on their chances. The fault for not taking that game falls on the players, this is what I and others have made a point in saying.

And are your seriously thinking I want Richards to fail, or this team to fail? The levels of the Philly sports fan have gotten to the point of FAIL. Please, just be accountable when trying to not show the bias. Flyers get screwed, deal with it. Move on and make a 60 minute effort much like the last 15 when it looked like they cared more about the results.

Hey, speaking of Richie.....how about him getting abused by the Sabres last night, laughing at him while Tyler drags him across the ice like a doll. Nice fight back...
Give him one positive post and I will take you serious. Him coming out and high fiving the pkers was awesome for a captain to do after they killed off the worst call of the playoffs. From your post history, your majority of hate and dissapointment is agianst 2 players no matter what they do out there, so you are very tough to take serious.

We get called for retaliation all the time, so now you want him to take a penalty ? Myers should of been given a penalty, and wasn't.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Hey, speaking of Richie.....how about him getting abused by the Sabres last night, laughing at him while Tyler drags him across the ice like a doll. Nice fight back...
Was there any video of that? I'm not sure they showed it on the MSG broadcast. thanks

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Was there any video of that? I'm not sure they showed it on the MSG broadcast. thanks
Ya, Richie was down and Myers was rag dolling him pretty good and dragging along the ice. It was apparent Myers knew he was going to get away with anything, so great play by him.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Give him one positive post and I will take you serious. Him coming out and high fiving the pkers was awesome for a captain to do after they killed off the worst call of the playoffs. From your post history, your majority of hate and dissapointment is agianst 2 players no matter what they do out there, so you are very tough to take serious.

We get called for retaliation all the time, so now you want him to take a penalty ? Myers should of been given a penalty, and wasn't.
He came out and glided over to the bench knocking fists like he scored the 5th goal is a blowout. The one drawback with Richie is his intensity, he does not really show that side of him. The Flyers finished on a high note, due to killing off the penalty. Where was that effort over the first 45 mins???????? Best chances came from the 4th line on most shifts. Briere and Richards both missed golden chances.

You want people to take Cartsie and Richie serious???? Win, show you care, bring the effort every night. Defend your teammates, be the consummate leader on and off the ice by example....first one on the ice, last one off, develop a better summer plan than going out and boozing on Sea Isle and catching Phils games. Strengthen the shoulder so you can extend the career. You want to get paid to be the best player, build around the core, be the stats leaders during the regular season, well then show up when your team needs you in the playoffs. ENOUGH EXCUSES.

Myers was not given a penalty, no reason for Richie to not take the time to get Myers off his game, maybe even get him into a situation where they both go off? The way Myers have been abusing the Flyers fwds that would acually benefit the Flyers in the tradeoff.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
You might be able to find it, but it was not on NHL.com highlites. He just took him by the collar and skated him away from the pile of people. It was actually pretty embarrassing, especially the way Myers has been handling the Flyers fwds. Fight or flight??? This was a moment when a little fight would not have been a bad idea IMHO.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

True. Richie should have just kicked every Sabre player's ass, ****ed their women on the way to the dressing room, and gotten a 15 game suspension for his troubles.

THEN he'd be a real Flyer and a REAL captain.

Holy ****, is there no end to your stupidity? You make me ill.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
You might be able to find it, but it was not on NHL.com highlites. He just took him by the collar and skated him away from the pile of people. It was actually pretty embarrassing, especially the way Myers has been handling the Flyers fwds. Fight or flight??? This was a moment when a little fight would not have been a bad idea IMHO.
So you want a fight in the last minute of a one-goal game?

That doesn't even happen in the regular season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
True. Richie should have just kicked every Sabre player's ass, ****ed their women on the way to the dressing room, and gotten a 15 game suspension for his troubles.

There is a time and a place for everything, ****** and pillaging in Buffalo is not quite what I meant but I understand your extremism, must protect your identity. Watch the language though, not for civil behavior.

The Flyers are getting slapped around physically, it is the one way they can lose this series along with some stellar goaltending. Look who the guys that the Flyers have no answer for: Myers and Kaleta. Those two guys are giving this team trouble, time ot neutralize the problem. Good for Timonen, time for a little fight back, that is why Timonen is considered one of the better leaders on this team.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

I don't know about you guys, but it sure feels good to hate the Sabres.

It's been too long.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post

I am baffled. His posts after losses are 10 fold than after a win. His obsession with hate and exceitement about losses is what drives me nuts. His obsession that 2 guys have to be the top players everygame is retarded, no athete in history can be held to that level.
Richie was at Earls in Winnipeg when I met him drinking with Toews in June, I guess he sucks to.

Richards and Carter are not superstars, the team is filled with good players, yet they all get a pass with him, makes no sense. Richards has won at every level but the NHL, yet this **** hates on him cause he hasn't done it yet. It takes time, and beleive it or not, there are a lot of players out there better than Richie to never win.
His mentality that Flyers have to win every game and 2 guys have to lead every single category is the thinking of a 5 year old.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

sorry if already posted.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

He demands Richie lead the team in points, yet he wants him off the ice in a 1 goal game with 1 minute remaing.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

I want a team who shows they have the coconuts to belong in a tough, phsyical series. It was obvious that the refs were going to do nothing about helping the Flyers, so occaisionally teams need to step up and make it know enough is enough.

This is why Timonen showing he is not going to take getting run is a great thing to see, and I do not mind Richards throwing the elbow, good for him and I would take that 2mins or even 5 mins every time as well as Coburns interfernce so the Flyers players do not get run.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
I don't know about you guys, but it sure feels good to hate the Sabres.

It's been too long.
The Sabres are not even in the Flyers league talent wise, two 1-0 shuouts is the only way they are going to win this series. No hate for this team, this should be a 6 game series.....hopefully.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
I want a team who shows they have the coconuts to belong in a tough, phsyical series. It was obvious that the refs were going to do nothing about helping the Flyers, so occaisionally teams need to step up and make it know enough is enough.

This is why Timonen showing he is not going to take getting run is a great thing to see, and I do not mind Richards throwing the elbow, good for him and I would take that 2mins or even 5 mins every time as well as Coburns interfernce so the Flyers players do not get run.
So risk being shorthanded, so we look tough, or keep the push that we have for 10 mins to try and tie it ???

Old
04-21-2011, 12:07 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
So risk being shorthanded, so we look tough, or keep the push that we have for 10 mins to try and tie it ???
To some here,

being tough > getting a goal

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
The Sabres are not even in the Flyers league talent wise, two 1-0 shuouts is the only way they are going to win this series. No hate for this team, this should be a 6 game series.....hopefully.
Full of winners and leaders though, you can't discount that at all. Miller is brutal though and just has been lucky imo, the guy hasn't even won a cup yet and he is been in the league quite a long time now. I don't even think Myers lead the team in points either ??
Can never discount their ability to lead though.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
BWAVgal
If we burn, you burn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post

sorry if already posted.
When was this and what was it about?

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Cartsiephan*

[QUOTE]
Quote:
I am baffled. His posts after losses are 10 fold than after a win. His obsession with hate and exceitement about losses is what drives me nuts. His obsession that 2 guys have to be the top players everygame is retarded, no athete in history can be held to that level.
Richie was at Earls in Winnipeg when I met him drinking with Toews in June, I guess he sucks to.

Did Toews have this with him?? Sorry, my level of expectation for this team it seems are just a little higher than the average Joe. Show Me the Cup.

Quote:
Richards and Carter are not superstars, the team is filled with good players, yet they all get a pass with him, makes no sense. Richards has won at every level but the NHL, yet this **** hates on him cause he hasn't done it yet. It takes time, and beleive it or not, there are a lot of players out there better than Richie to never win.
His mentality that Flyers have to win every game and 2 guys have to lead every single category is the thinking of a 5 year old.
Richards and Carter are the face of the franchise, and this gets pointed out routinely by the supporters. About this team would be nowhere without these two as statistical and emotional leaders. But when it comes time to be held accountable the naysayers only talk about any criticism of the players is "hating". Sorry, do not get it.

Briere needs to finish on Miller, but this guy also has led this team in the playoffs the past couple trips. I do not care if Richie and Cartsie won at every level, the only level that matters to this guy is the NHL, the team and organization I support.

And I am sorry, but your last comment is just lame, please save it for your facebook friends, maybe they can actually take what you have seriously. I have you pegged for a Flyers fan, maybe 25, and maybe not seeing much of the pre-Bettman NHL. You think that expansion is good, and fighting is not part of the game, the two-ref system works, and that everyone else should be accountable but yourself.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Laviolette after the game. He was trying to get the refs to come over and talk to him but they ignored him, so he threw a tirade. Good for him. I hope it did not stop there and he tossed some pizzas across the dressing room.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
To some here,

being tough > getting a goal
Did the Flyers score a goal? What did I miss, I must go back and rewatch my DVR. And yes, the NHL is about not getting pushed around.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:18 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Did Toews have this with him?? Sorry, my level of expectation for this team it seems are just a little higher than the average Joe. Show Me the Cup.

You sir may **** off forever posting that god damned picture on a Flyers board.

You clearly hate this ****ing team. Why don't you find a hole to crawl into and make everyone else's day?

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 04-21-2011 at 07:09 PM.
CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
You do not blame it on the refs, the team still needs to perform and convert on their chances. The fault for not taking that game falls on the players, this is what I and others have made a point in saying.

And are your seriously thinking I want Richards to fail, or this team to fail? The levels of the Philly sports fan have gotten to the point of FAIL. Please, just be accountable when trying to not show the bias. Flyers get screwed, deal with it. Move on and make a 60 minute effort much like the last 15 when it looked like they cared more about the results.

Richie was already on the ice when Myers decided to come from behind and mug him. Have you ever tried to fight someone laying down, when you weren't expecting to be jumped?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
After the game, I think. And it was about the game/the gong show reffing.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:21 PM
bennysflyers16

[QUOTE=Cartsiephan;32548030]
Quote:

Richards and Carter are the face of the franchise, and this gets pointed out routinely by the supporters. About this team would be nowhere without these two as statistical and emotional leaders. But when it comes time to be held accountable the naysayers only talk about any criticism of the players is "hating". Sorry, do not get it.

Briere needs to finish on Miller, but this guy also has led this team in the playoffs the past couple trips. I do not care if Richie and Cartsie won at every level, the only level that matters to this guy is the NHL, the team and organization I support.

And I am sorry, but your last comment is just lame, please save it for your facebook friends, maybe they can actually take what you have seriously. I have you pegged for a Flyers fan, maybe 25, and maybe not seeing much of the pre-Bettman NHL. You think that expansion is good, and fighting is not part of the game, the two-ref system works, and that everyone else should be accountable but yourself.
Peg me at whatever you want, but I guarantee I support this team as much as anyone and I have spent a hell of alot more $$ than most to including yourself. You are spoiled little brat that if you don't get your way, you kick and scream . You claim to be this lifelong fan, but demand this current team win or fail. How have you been a fan for the last 35 years. You claim they have to win, but in the past , if they tried hard and were so called leaders in your eyes, losing is fine ??

And your Briere crack, who gives a **** if he lead the team in scoring, your logic tells me he sucks cause they did not win ?? i appreciate guys like him, you don't ?