HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

NHL inks 10yr deal with NBC/Versus

Old
04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Wyrmidon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Amazing how many people think the rags are a "big draw."

Not really.

http://sportsjournalism.org/sports-m...or-nbc-sunday/

Let's also not act like NYC is some big hockey city. The rangers don't draw big ratings. Just how it is. I don't want to hear **** about how the rags pull in huge numbers. they dont. No one outside that city gives a flying piss about the team. Your average sports fan couldn't name a single rangers player.
Southern CT is full of Rags fans. Even when the Whalers were around it was mostly Rags fans, in the New Haven area at least.

Wyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmidon View Post
Southern CT is full of Rags fans. Even when the Whalers were around it was mostly Rags fans, in the New Haven area at least.
Fairfield County has a lot of Rangers fans, but the rest of the state is pretty firmly with the Bruins. When the Whalers were around, it was pretty much the same, only the Whalers were splitting the rest of the state with the Bruins. I don't think it's correct to claim that New Haven was ever mostly Rangers fans.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
I'm from Danbury and it's split pretty evenly Bruins/Rangers. I think almost everyone I know from New Haven is a Bruins fan.

Eggers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Wyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I'm from Danbury and it's split pretty evenly Bruins/Rangers. I think almost everyone I know from New Haven is a Bruins fan.
hmm, it's probably more split than I think, but from my experience living in the area there are more Rangers fans. It could be just that the guys I know/my family are mostly Ranger fans and outside my little sphere of care it is more evenly split.

Wyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post
Sorry for trouble but we're going to move the 3rd overtime of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals to ESPN2 due to time constraints and the start of the National Spelling Bee challenge.
You may be right about that, but I still don't like this deal. Versus is a very expensive channel to get because in my area you have to upgrade to having a cable box and buy a whole tier of worthless channels just to get Versus. (not to mention the extra charges if you want to watch Versus HD) Plus, Versus doesn't show anything I want to watch when hockey isn't on.

Honestly, this deal announcement makes me want to drop Versus from my cable package to save myself some money and I'll just find alternate methods to watch games.

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote