HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks win 7-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Suburbanbear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Just watch this fight until Thursday. Scott taking care of business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cvOiKuxH8
I have never liked the Cannads before but last nights games drove me to the hatred level. I can see trying to pick a fight to turn your team around but given how much they were down to be as chippy as they were and after some of the ******** hits by guys like Torres in previous games. Thats crap.

The kicker was how aggressive they got after Scott left the game. How a guy like Bieska would NEVER go toe to toe with Scott but he takes a cheap shot on Kane late in the game.

Lat night they were the definition of classless.

Old
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
The building was on fire! What a game!!! How about that power move by Bickell? I think Bieksa is still spinning around trying to find him, lol. And Dave Bolland, the orca hunter, what a game. I think everybody has to feel we have a shot at this thing after beating Vancouver so bad in such a humiliating way, and all of this without Seabrook. Go Hawks!!!!! Thanks for the awesome night!

Old
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Nothing new. At least the Canucks managed not to pull anybody's hair this time around.

Old
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Phelan

Bieska is saying that Stalberg "speared" somebody after the hit. I watched him right after the hit, until before the fight and did not see anything even resembling a spear.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post
Bieska is saying that Stalberg "speared" somebody after the hit. I watched him right after the hit, until before the fight and did not see anything even resembling a spear.
Figures, leave it to Vancouver to start losing it and making things up while facing the slightest bit of adversity. Hawks are down 3-1, but in a way, we have them on the ropes. Just can't let them take the lead in anymore games. I feel like this is the start of a snowball. Hawks just have to keep scoring first and never look back.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post
he hacked at the back of LaPierre's legs and then started tripping him up. Pretty sure LaPierre's goon ass can handle himself. He had no problem taking runs at people all game and even threw ben smith to the ice at one point(somehow avoided a penalty for it). It was nice to see Stalberg get a little dirty. He could potentially fill burish and eager's roles

Old
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Suburbanbear

Stalberg needs to keep playing physical to keep his career in the NHL. The combo of speed and size could make him a formidable guy. He needs some boxing lessons though he got pummeled in that fight.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:03 PM
stingo

He only got pummeled in that fight because Scott was gone. No one one the Canucks wanted to fight prior to that. They all backed down.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
He only got pummeled in that fight because Scott was gone. No one one the Canucks wanted to fight prior to that. They all backed down.
Oh I totally get that (I was kind of joking). That being said, I would have just liked him to get ONE punch in...its not like he's a small guy.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanbear View Post
Oh I totally get that (I was kind of joking). That being said, I would have just liked him to get ONE punch in...its not like he's a small guy.
he got jumped. Bieksa grabbed him and pulled his sweater up before he had time to drop his gloves. Standard coward move by Bieksa. I hope stalberg takes another run at him.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Sarava

I only could listen to the game because of work as usual. Having watched the highlights 8 times haha...I see Hammer once again saved a sure fire goal. 2 games in a row he has done this. Good job Hammer!

Old
04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I only could listen to the game because of work as usual. Having watched the highlights 8 times haha...I see Hammer once again saved a sure fire goal. 2 games in a row he has done this. Good job Hammer!
My favorite hammer moment was him knocking raymond back to sunday. The best part is, with the cbc feed the guy says "some person with a big hit on mason raymond". Way to know the players, glad to see the CBC is hiring the best :. Guy didn't even mention stalberg blowing up bieksa and hitting 3 guys in like 5-8 seconds.

The whole reason stalberg tripped LaPierre in the first place is because LaPierre was jabbing him with his stick.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:32 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The building was on fire! What a game!!! How about that power move by Bickell? I think Bieksa is still spinning around trying to find him, lol. And Dave Bolland, the orca hunter, what a game. I think everybody has to feel we have a shot at this thing after beating Vancouver so bad in such a humiliating way, and all of this without Seabrook. Go Hawks!!!!! Thanks for the awesome night!
I like your optimism, and I hope you're right about the Hawks actually having a shot, but as good as the Hawks played last night, may have been more because of Vancouver feeling cocky and overconfident. The Nucks are gonna come out flying and hitting even more Thursday night....with their crowd behind them. I don't think the Hawks will outplay them the way they did last night.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Section331

I was at the game so didn't hear any announcer comments. But does anyone know if there has been a specific reason stated by the refs or NHL for Scott getting two misconducts last night. From my vantage point (I have not watched replay) he dropped the gloves with Glass, but skated backwards when Glass did not want to go. How is "not fighting" a big infraction. Then he got tossed for merely existing with Torres on the ice. As Troy Murray has said before "You can't give a speeding ticket for someone who owns a fast car, you have to wait for them to speed."
Are verbal threats of fighting considered punishable under some unsportsmanlike conduct rule? (I honestly don't know that answer to that.)

I had a great time at the game. Even the Nucks fan in front of me was nice. So much better than getting swept.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:45 PM
madgoat33

refs tossed scott to give free runs at all the hawks players.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
refs tossed scott to give free runs at all the hawks players.
You may be right. I think Thursday night is gonna be brutal for the Hawks.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:50 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
You may be right. I think Thursday night is gonna be brutal for the Hawks.
I've see the goons get tossed before fighting at the end of a game before, but man, it really hurt the hawks. At least last year when eager would get tossed we still had buff, brouwer, ladd, burish. This year, we only have an injured brouwer and apparently stalberg? It woulda been nice to see big ole bickell wreck somebody's life.

At this point, after Torres, Edler and Bieksa need to be dealt with early.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
I've see the goons get tossed before fighting at the end of a game before, but man, it really hurt the hawks. At least last year when eager would get tossed we still had buff, brouwer, ladd, burish. This year, we only have an injured brouwer and apparently stalberg? It woulda been nice to see big ole bickell wreck somebody's life.

Look for vicious hits and possibly cheap shots by those guys, as well as the Sedin sisters.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:54 PM
stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
Look for vicious hits and possibly cheap shots by those guys, as well as the Sedin sisters.
We can hope!

Old
04-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Section331

Quote:

Man, maybe I'm just blood thirsty, but I wish we could have seen a Scott vs Torres fight between two willing participants. To avenge the Seabrook hit without having to illegally run or injure Torres. Just legally turn him into ground meat. Thanks a lot refs for denying us all of that!

Old
04-20-2011, 01:35 PM
almostjesus*

Dear, Blackhawks.

As a Habs fan who lives in Vancouver I cannot thank you enough for what you did in last years playoffs. To see all the disappointed/bandwagoners facebook statuses brought a great smile to my face.

Please, I beg of you do this again. Come out strong. Win another game. I prefer a similar blowout like the last game.

I believe me posting in your last GDT with my magical words had something to do with the win last game; I will post again in your next GDT to keep the streak going.

Please, do the same for us Habs. Karma is real. BELIEVE.

Go Blackhabs go

Old
04-20-2011, 01:46 PM
coldsteelonice84

Hawks come back and win this thing, people will be burning Nucks jerseys in the streets.

Old
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section331 View Post
Man, maybe I'm just blood thirsty, but I wish we could have seen a Scott vs Torres fight between two willing participants. To avenge the Seabrook hit without having to illegally run or injure Torres. Just legally turn him into ground meat. Thanks a lot refs for denying us all of that!
The Nucks are the NHL's chosen team this season...they're protected.

Old
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
BobbyJet

I’ll tell you one thing. If Bieksa pulled that stunt back when hockey was a man’s game, there would have been a bench clearer and he would have been messed up. He’s a coward and has proven it repeatedly. He talks tough though.

Torres hit on Seab, same thing.... but we haven't heard the last of that one, even if it takes years to revenge.

Old
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
cherrypik

Did anyone catch the post game on the radio side? I heard Troy Murray was livid of what the dirty Nucks were doing with 5 minutes left.

Closed Thread