HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game 3 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/19/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
MattBarnabyESPN Matthew Barnaby
U have a 4 goal lead- u give up 2 . Call a timeout!! San jose commits robery and will win this series. These r to hard to come back from!!
Yeah I just assumed they would call a time out, even thought that it happened, wasn't paying much attention I guess.

That's on the coach. ****.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Tadite

We lose what... 2 games the whole year when we're up 2 goals and we lose when up 4? ....

****ing ****..... just devastating.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tadite

I'm not a coach basher but not calling timeout was bloody ****ing amazingly stupid. beyond stupid... into another region of stupid....

Old
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouendan1 View Post
lol I live in Michigan it's 2 am here, but regardless I don't smoke. Thanks for the input though, it's much appreciated.
no problem

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Fair point, but like I said, I don't know if any coach calls it in that situation, yes it was the 5-4 goal, but, they still had the lead, they responded right away to the 4-3 goal, no reason to lose confidence that they wouldn't respond here, you still have 20 minutes left, who knows what happens in the 3rd, you try and survive that 2 minutes and get at them in the intermission.

That is where the real coaching fail came, the message he tried to send was either not received, or absolutely ********, he has to do a better job of absolutely ripping into the team with an effort like that.

Also, the matchups were a joke tonight, last change, no way we should be giving up the matchups in a home game.
Yeah the match-ups were absolutely atrocious why do you have Penner and Zues on the ice against Thornton, Patty M, and Setoguchi?

At least its almost 4/20

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:07 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
Penner is seriously useless.
As an Oiler fan, I am totally shocked at how badly Penner has played for you guys. He had one absolutetly atrocious season in Edmonton, and that was great compared to this. Wow. He should be embarassed.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
It's about effort and focus. Abominable backchecking tonight by almost everyone on the team. They got cocky after the first because they didn't earn most of those goals and fell apart because they got outworked.

It's not coaching, the players ****ing blew it. I don't think it's fair to deflect any of the blame from them onto anyone who was off the ice tonight. Just pathetic.
Yeah I took note of that tonight, some players didn't go as hard as they did in the 1st period. It was like someone turned off the switch.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Fair point, but like I said, I don't know if any coach calls it in that situation, yes it was the 5-4 goal, but, they still had the lead, they responded right away to the 4-3 goal, no reason to lose confidence that they wouldn't respond here, you still have 20 minutes left, who knows what happens in the 3rd, you try and survive that 2 minutes and get at them in the intermission.

That is where the real coaching fail came, the message he tried to send was either not received, or absolutely ********, he has to do a better job of absolutely ripping into the team with an effort like that.

Also, the matchups were a joke tonight, last change, no way we should be giving up the matchups in a home game.
On the Versus broadcast Mike Keenan said he absolutely would have called a timeout there if not earlier.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
LITN has been on the good part of one of these as a Liverpool fan. I have been on the good side with the 2002 Angels.

It really sucks to be on the bad side of one.

I really feel numb right now.
The good part is euphoric, almost an out of body experience. But not been on the other end.

I think regardless of the outcome this series we are going to see some roster turnover. There are some big flaws with player personnel that need to be addressed. Not even necessarily in the top six either. Our bottom six is not anywhere near fast enough, we have two guys with decent wheels and they can't finish which is not enough to win games. There will be a way to find at least one bottom six player who has great speed and can chip in 12-15 goals. It's absolutely necessary. Someone like that who could carry the puck deep WITH SPEED and get the puck near the net and make the goaltender work would have really helped us during that second period.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:08 AM
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

We are the embarrassment of the NHL tonight by blowing that game. That part doesn't sit well at all with me.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
How on earth do you play matchups? The sharks have 3 scoring lines and the Kings don't have a shutdown line, or a scoring line.
Stoll Smyth and Williams should never be out there against Thornton, Marleau,

They played Richardson, Clifford, Simmonds against Pavelski who's the only ****ing threat on that line, Handzus covers that line, Richardson line covers Thornton, and Stoll covers Couture....

One time, they had their 4th line out there, and SJ changes to Heatley's line, and we leave our 4th line out there, cmon....that's a bush move.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
s3machine*

raise your hand if you would risk prison time for one clean swing at Terry Murray's face.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Gags89

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
penner might be hurt? i'm sure conditioning is a factor but it cant be that bad at this point in the season and his career, can it? he floats around for 20 seconds, does nothing, then skates off for a change. it's like he's afraid to get caught on the ice tired. he and poni should be switched.
He must have been hurt during all his years in Edmonton too then.

Tough loss guys. I'm really pulling for LA. I really hope they can pull together and recover for the next game.

Gags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnjm22

I had a bad feeling when the team went up 4-0 so easily. Sometimes having everything go your way, and not having to work for it, can be bad for you. Hopefully the team learned their lesson.

Now get the win next game and make this a 3 game series.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
We are the embarrassment of the NHL tonight by blowing that game. That part doesn't sit well at all with me.
lol you would think the cancucks would be losing 7-2 but we had to top that somehow

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Tadite

All this structural change **** is bull ****. We're one of the top defensive teams in the whole NHL. We get 5 ****ing goals we shoudl win. I'm ****ing shocked that we could give up that many.....

Penner doesn't mean ****. Speed on the top-6 is meaninglingless. This is the single greatest loss in kings history.... it's beyond that type of ****.

Old
Fangio

vCash: 50
"He at least skated back into his own zone" - courtesy of TSN sports anchors on Dustin Penner

Fangio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Stoll Smyth and Williams should never be out there against Thornton, Marleau,

They played Richardson, Clifford, Simmonds against Pavelski who's the only ****ing threat on that line, Handzus covers that line, Richardson line covers Thornton, and Stoll covers Couture....

One time, they had their 4th line out there, and SJ changes to Heatley's line, and we leave our 4th line out there, cmon....that's a bush move.
Id say Stoll's line is our worst defensively of the top 3, so id want it out there aginst the Thornton line which has generated nothing in comparison to the other 2 lines

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SMoneyMonkey

So... Mark Morris...?

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:11 AM
ouendan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
no problem
It's tempting, I wont lie, but I did not enjoy the one time I did smoke and I still have classes tomorrow.

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:11 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I think we can all tell Dustin Penner doesn't want to be here. When a dude shows up in a limo by himself while everyone else shows up together, you know there's a problem.

Just trade his ass away at the draft for a 4th round pick. I would rather let Toffoli or Kozun have a shot.
when the **** did this happen. you just made me angrier 10 fold.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:12 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
On the Versus broadcast Mike Keenan said he absolutely would have called a timeout there if not earlier.
Was watching TSN, neither broadcaster mentioned it at all, not even in passing.

Maybe that's why Keenan isn't coaching anymore? heh

Regardless, I think it's a matter of you either call the timeout, or you show faith in your players by trying to weather the storm, I am ok with either decision.

It was the lack of motivation to start the 3rd and OT that completely disgusts me...and that comes from the coach.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:12 AM
MxK1NGS

I feel like someone has just stabbed me right through the heart.. HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN! HOW!!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:13 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Ugh.. Worst start to my 420 holiday

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote