HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Johan Harju back to Sweden

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2011, 10:02 PM
proppski

vCash: 500
Johan Harju back to Sweden

A newspaper in north sweden said that they had indications that tampa bay prospect johan harju returns to his home-club Luleň hf, and the announcement should be on monday or tuesday coming week.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 04-29-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old
01-22-2011, 10:03 PM
IdealisticSniper

Why the hell would he leave NA when he has taken great strides in the AHL and is tearing it up and made the All star team. More than likely has a spot on the roster next year here in TB.

Makes no sense to go backwards.

Old
01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
proppski

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Why the hell would he leave NA when he has taken great strides in the AHL and is tearing it up and made the All star team. More than likely has a spot on the roster next year here in TB.

Makes no sense to go backwards.
I now for certain that luleň Gm working hard for a Premium goalscorer for the play-offs in sweden due injurys and difficult to put the puck in the net for the team.
And harju is defiently one whos been contacted, i dont now how he enjoys the time off ice in ahl and what signals he have from the tampa management.Maybee he want to play in team sweden at wc too rather then ahl.?

http://www.pitea-tidningen.se/pitea/...icleId=5923232

Old
01-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by proppski View Post
I now for certain that luleň Gm working hard for a Premium goalscorer for the play-offs in sweden due injurys and difficult to put the puck in the net for the team.
And harju is defiently one whos been contacted, i dont now how he enjoys the time off ice in ahl and what signals he have from the tampa management.Maybee he want to play in team sweden at wc too rather then ahl.?

http://www.pitea-tidningen.se/pitea/...icleId=5923232
Yeah but hes pretty much a lock for next year in the NHL. Would be a shame, if he booked back right now. I guess he liked the KHL better (assuming this is true of course.)

Old
01-23-2011, 05:13 AM
proppski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Yeah but hes pretty much a lock for next year in the NHL. Would be a shame, if he booked back right now. I guess he liked the KHL better (assuming this is true of course.)
This journalist didnt actually think that he comes back to sweden he only had some emails about it but he dont get surprised if it happens! But i know this guy and why do he bring it up? This guy has very good connections with team luleň and other nhl ers from piteň ÷hlund,holmstr÷m.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:40 AM
StammerHed2010

Unfortunately, his numbers have been declining since December. Possibly a sign that he is becoming unhappy here.

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=3774

Old
01-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Louiss

he's been struggling recently... he's the one who has been named to the AHL all-star team but its probably more because he is considered a prospect over some others on the team who could have deserved it more.

Still, he is not too far from the NHL and he could made the squad foul time next year if he improves some small things.

Old
01-23-2011, 09:56 AM
proppski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiss View Post
he's been struggling recently... he's the one who has been named to the AHL all-star team but its probably more because he is considered a prospect over some others on the team who could have deserved it more.

Still, he is not too far from the NHL and he could made the squad foul time next year if he improves some small things.
I dont know his outs in his contract but maybee a loan to us in luleň i think tampa bay will benefits if he plays in the playoffs in sweden and have a chance to make the Wc team, then u have a confident harju back for camp next year. The money isnt a issue here he made a fortune that year in khl.

Harju is forgotten a bit because of omarks brilliants plays but i has followed them from the start in luleň and harju was the one who was in the front as a prospect and in team luleň omark was a late bloomer but with another sort of talent .

I like harju to play c like he did last seasons in luleň and khl and his two-way game is really good, he killed a lot of penaltys in his current teams and also in team sweden.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
chasespace

Quote:
I dont know his outs in his contract but maybee a loan to us in luleň i think tampa bay will benefits if he plays in the playoffs in sweden and have a chance to make the Wc team, then u have a confident harju back for camp next year. The money isnt a issue here he made a fortune that year in khl.

Harju is forgotten a bit because of omarks brilliants plays but i has followed them from the start in luleň and harju was the one who was in the front as a prospect and in team luleň omark was a late bloomer but with another sort of talent .

I like harju to play c like he did last seasons in luleň and khl and his two-way game is really good, he killed a lot of penaltys in his current teams and also in team sweden.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have to clear waivers to be loaned? Something tells me he would be plucked off before he could be loaned.

Old
01-23-2011, 01:50 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

If we make the playoffs, he could be one of the guys we carry along in case of injury. I don't know how he likes the AHL but he's been called up a few times earlier this season and has 7 NHL games in his first AHL season. If he stays with the program and he can make the NHL.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Dosing

Quote:
A newspaper in north sweden said that they had indications that tampa bay prospect johan harju returns to his home-club Luleň hf, and the announcement should be on monday or tuesday coming week.
Dont believe everything you hear, especially when hearing the "wouldn't suprise me" line

Old
01-23-2011, 05:10 PM
proppski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
Dont believe everything you hear, especially when hearing the "wouldn't suprise me" line
this is a rumor but why does he take up it for speculation this guy isnt a blogger out there he has connections in luleň and amongs nhl people.

I read also that luleň hasnt got payed for harju and omark!

Old
01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Doesn't make sense.

Old
01-28-2011, 07:16 AM
joe89

Some interesting comments by Harju today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harju
–Right now it feels like I'm going home after this season, says Harju. Next year it will have to be a one-way contract, or I'm out of here.

–I've given it a chance and the goal was to take a spot in the NHL. But I haven't made it, 20-30 matches remains, but Tampa won't change a winning team. We'll see what happens.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
If it's true then with that attitude, good riddance. I can't take it when players give up and whine about it, work hard and your chance will come, maybe not this season but the next for sure.

It's called the "J÷rgen J÷nsson" syndrome.

01-28-2011, 09:26 AM
newham89

That's pathetic from Harju if he does just quit after the year. He has come over an starred in the AHL but surely he can't be so dumb as to expect to walk into the NHL the year after struggling in Russia?

Swedes do not like Tampa Bay. First Persson and now this! Hedman will be next

Old
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
This is Niklas Persson all over again. What's the matter with those Swedes?

Old
01-28-2011, 10:39 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Playing in the NHL is not a right, it's a privilege. You want to know how hard it is to make the NHL, ask Marty. I'm really disappointed by his words.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
Is there any way we can trade him? even for a bag of pucks? maybe a slurpee machine?

Old
01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
joe89

Harju and Omark just both strike me as very dumb. There is no thinking behind these comments whatsoever, even if it was to a local reporter back home. I'm sure many players feel this way, but then shut up and try to play even better.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
proppski

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Harju and Omark just both strike me as very dumb. There is no thinking behind these comments whatsoever, even if it was to a local reporter back home. I'm sure many players feel this way, but then shut up and try to play even better.
I think omark who was a star in sel and khl played topsix in team sweden almost took a place in the olympics, made a good camp and was denied due politics because nhl-teams give 1 rounds prospect free tickets even if they dont deserve it omark only said what everybody thinking.

I dont know about harju but hes a really good prospect he has proved him self in sel and also in team sweden, he is a late pick so tampa maybee doesnt have any plans for him, let he play ahl a couple of year and lets see whats happens.

hes 23 and wants a oneway contract and why not? he have size can play c and wing downsix and pk.what numbers must you come up with in ahl before they consider you or does it matter?
Niklas persson is 31 and he makes much much more bucks in khl then ahl and hes downhill and grabs what he cans!

Old
01-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Telling SFY what kind of deal you want just doesn't happen. SFY gives you whatever the hell he feels like dishing out and you take it and you will like it.

Old
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
proppski

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Telling SFY what kind of deal you want just doesn't happen. SFY gives you whatever the hell he feels like dishing out and you take it and you will like it.
He doesnt need to take what he got, hes not out of options, hes not a juniorleauge prospects with the cap in his hand. hes a young team-sweden regular with size and a very good two-way sniper. I think hes only worried hes gonna loose years in ahl and not to hear something about his future (despite producing), its not like the early drafts whos toi is decided and settled pre-season.

Old
01-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
I dont know about harju but hes a really good prospect he has proved him self in sel and also in team sweden, he is a late pick so tampa maybee doesnt have any plans for him, let he play ahl a couple of year and lets see whats happens.

hes 23 and wants a oneway contract and why not? he have size can play c and wing downsix and pk.what numbers must you come up with in ahl before they consider you or does it matter?
Niklas persson is 31 and he makes much much more bucks in khl then ahl and hes downhill and grabs what he cans!
Because he's 23 and doesn't dictate "or else" terms to a NHL team. He maybe deserves another look over a player or two on the big club (this is me breaking an ankle jumping off the Ritola bandwagon, damn his ears anyway), but honestly you said it right when you said let him play in the AHL a couple of years and see what happens. They aren't playing politics with the guy, they don't feel he's ready yet...and with that kind of attitude, he's not.

Old
01-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
There are lot of players who don't have the skills or just had a hard time for other reasons (like Marty due to his size) but they worked hard every day for years. Such players I admire, they have true heart and passion and have gone the long way.

Harju got the skills but if he is not ready to fight for it then it's better if he takes the easy way and heads back to Sweden.

It's just a shame as I do think he got the potential to play on the second line or so.

Closed Thread